Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

4) Because when I researched steel cased ammo, the general consensus is you CANNOT reload it without professional-grade equipment. That's why it doesn't work on coil rounds. Coilguns do get another mod that returns coilbatteries instead.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my comment(s)! Saving the batteries is even better, as I've got something like 40 stacks of iron banked but my farm is slow to produce polymers. ^_^

The balancing in this mod is pretty broken. The first Day 7 came around and I was attacked by what I can only describe as a Day 2100 horde. Complete with radiated zombies, demons, bears and dogs and etc. Simply put any preparing I could have done was utterly irrelevant and a waste of time as there was no way I was going to survive that. It was so much that I honestly cannot tell if it was intentional or if my game is buggy.

12 minutes ago, Moldy Bread said:

The balancing in this mod is pretty broken. The first Day 7 came around and I was attacked by what I can only describe as a Day 2100 horde. Complete with radiated zombies, demons, bears and dogs and etc. Simply put any preparing I could have done was utterly irrelevant and a waste of time as there was no way I was going to survive that. It was so much that I honestly cannot tell if it was intentional or if my game is buggy.

I've been having the opposite experience, personally. My day 7, 14, 21, and 28 hordes were all so lackluster. I fought more zombies due to scouts (screamers) than I have seen in any of my horde nights 😕

1 hour ago, Moldy Bread said:

I never saw bears or radiated on day 7 (dogs? not sure). Anyway, surviving outside is almost impossible. Thus, I look for a flat concrete building, climb up, whack some holes to shoot down and survive all boring blood moons ;) Yep, that's cheesy, but it ousmarts the zombies logic.

41 minutes ago, Moldy Bread said:

Well then I can't say why my game is freaking out on the blood moon. Is it a difficulty thing?

What is your level of experience with this game?  I have been really enjoying the mod because it feels more A16ish to me.  As another user pointed out, fighting the horde can be as simple as standing on top of a concrete cube with holes in the floor to shoot through.  Aside from that, even the newer base designs made popular by content creators like JaWoodle work in Darkness Falls.  I am playing on all default settings, first time, no deaths, about to take on Day 35 horde.  Unfortunately I think I corrupted my game with the 19.4 update... 😢

Can you advise as to how you advance Eve's quests? I did the three quests from The Test to The Reward. Is there another quest series I am to obtain? I have not seen any demons or portals as part of these quests. As of now, I only have the usual trader quests left to complete. Thank you very much.

Edited by Thomill (see edit history)

5 hours ago, RogueGB said:

Hi, When will you be upgrading the server files to Alpha 19.4?

Excellent mod.

Already done when 19.4 came out.

4 hours ago, Moldy Bread said:

Turn your difficulty down. It increases gamestage.

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

I've been having the opposite experience, personally. My day 7, 14, 21, and 28 hordes were all so lackluster. I fought more zombies due to scouts (screamers) than I have seen in any of my horde nights 😕

Turn your difficulty up. It increases gamestage. 😛

2 hours ago, Falaffel said:

I never saw bears or radiated on day 7 (dogs? not sure). Anyway, surviving outside is almost impossible. Thus, I look for a flat concrete building, climb up, whack some holes to shoot down and survive all boring blood moons ;) Yep, that's cheesy, but it ousmarts the zombies logic.

Hey. If it works...

39 minutes ago, Thomill said:

Can you advise as to how you advance Eve's quests? I did the three quests from The Test to The Reward. Is there another quest series I am to obtain? I have not seen any demons or portals as part of these quests. As of now, I only have the usual trader quests left to complete. Thank you very much.

You did them all.

12 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I'm still toying with the idea of making horde nights every 14 days as default (to match IRL New Moon/Full Moon).

that might provide a bit more balance and allow the game to breathe a little.  i don't mind the way you have it right now I just want to chill a little this play through.  the blood moon breathing down your neck doesn't allow you to stop and smell the roses.  I think 2 weeks would definitely be a nice sweet spot once you get the end game story telling and bread crumbs all working the way you want.

I am a newb when it comes to mods in 7 days, after the 19.4 update came out I cannot get the mod to work. I got bluefang to fix the server (update to 19.4 and 3.4 and going to create a new save) but now I can't even start a new single-player game without getting booted back to my desktop. Are there steps I need to take in the mod launcher for DF to work again? 

Is there a way to revert back a technology injected vaccine? Some guy of me injected himself with a technological boost to get to know the system of that perk system, but he wanted to go for bio boost instead and he can't do that anymore since he's locked into the wrong perk tree now

14 hours ago, RogueGB said:

Hi, When will you be upgrading the server files to Alpha 19.4?

Excellent mod.

14 hours ago, RogueGB said:

Where do I find the server files.  Front of this thread shows Alpha 19.3 servers.  Not Alpha 19.4.
Thanks for a quick response.

3 hours ago, DominionZA said:

Is there a way to revert back a technology injected vaccine? Some guy of me injected himself with a technological boost to get to know the system of that perk system, but he wanted to go for bio boost instead and he can't do that anymore since he's locked into the wrong perk tree now

Nope

1 hour ago, RogueGB said:

Where do I find the server files.  Front of this thread shows Alpha 19.3 servers.  Not Alpha 19.4.
Thanks for a quick response.

I just forgot to update the text. Will go do that now. The link is correct.

Cheers for all the updates and work, Khaine - I'm enjoying your YT videos as well!

I'm using the DFalls-VSmall1 map and I keep getting trader quests where the satchel does not appear. It's on the POI map but not actually there. It's happened on more than one POI on the latest version I'm playing. Is there any known workaround for this?

10 hours ago, Sneakypeek said:

Yes. One was like a plumbing warehouse and the most recent was a Compo Pass'n'Gas.

I'm playing DF-small1, as well, and have seen this happen.  However, I discovered that, crouching through a 1 block hole in a wall will help you see what you couldn't see before, such as panels placed in the wall that do NOT appear wonky.  So, there's a hole in the wall without the wavy cover that alerts you to the fact that there's a HOLE in the wall with your satchel in it.  Annoying, but not insurmountable.  So far, it's worked every time.  Some of the POI creators for Compo Pack chose to make the wall perfect rather than giving a tell-tale to let you see there might be something hidden there.

4 hours ago, Wraith008 said:

Great Mod! Im currently playing on XLarge1 and i was wondering if there was a way to see the whole map as a picture like .jpg?

You could open  https://kui.github.io/7dtd-map/ and drop all mapfiles, eg from ...Steam\steamapps\common\DarknessFalls - A19.4\Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Worlds\DFalls-Large1\ - but you need to use chrome as browser.

I am currently trying to update my 7 days to die server from DF 19.3 to DF 19.4. Upon finishing rendering configs, However, after 'initilization' I got a Unity box pop up with an ! over the 7Days icon, a red loading bar, then everything quits

Thank you for the mod, and thank you for your assistance in troubleshooting my issue. 

3 hours ago, GreenMedici said:

I am currently trying to update my 7 days to die server from DF 19.3 to DF 19.4. Upon finishing rendering configs, However, after 'initilization' I got a Unity box pop up with an ! over the 7Days icon, a red loading bar, then everything quits

Thank you for the mod, and thank you for your assistance in troubleshooting my issue. 

Sorry for the double post. I just noticed in my 19.4 Server download folder that there are no unity files present. I downloaded this prior to the link name being corrected from 19.3 to 19.4. I will try downloading the files again to see if that fixes my issue! I just did a comparison of the old server files to the new server files and noticed none of the unity.dll files or crash application were present. And I expect this is what my issue was. Not sure why they didn't get downloaded but hey what can you do lol. I'll post another reply if I am able to fix my issue before @KhaineGB is able to respond😀

edit: I redownloaded the files and it did not fix my issue 

Edited by GreenMedici
update (see edit history)