Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 10/13/2020 at 4:02 PM, XaLeX12 said:

I can't close the command console and I get all those errors and when I create a new game the same

unknown.png

You did not install well. I suggest making a copy of a fresh install

Downloading the client (and server installs if you are doing a dedicated server)

Unzip the files into the directory that matches the directories in the zip...if you don't get an overwrite these files message...you are doing it WRONG.

1 hour ago, TechieZero said:

Downloading the client (and server installs if you are doing a dedicated server)

Unzip the files into the directory that matches the directories in the zip...if you don't get an overwrite these files message...you are doing it WRONG.

I do Dat like 2 times and don't work

The localization to german is often faulty or hard to understand, so I decided to help a bit and correct the Localization.txt. To do that I imported the textfile into excel for easier translating and eventually I corrected maybe 10 percent of the DF-texts (wow, long way to go!). For a first look I attached the spreadsheet. My Problem: when I export the spreadsheet as comma-seperated file, 7D2D will not even start, the screen stays black forever. Any hint on how to work with translations?

Edit: I Think I got it: Excel can't handle Unicode. WTF, Microsoft, we're in 2020!?!

Kopie_(1)Localization.xlsx

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Falaffel said:

The localization to german is often faulty or hard to understand, so I decided to help a bit and correct the Localization.txt. To do that I imported the textfile into excel for easier translating and eventually I corrected maybe 10 percent of the DF-texts (wow, long way to go!). For a first look I attached the spreadsheet. My Problem: when I export the spreadsheet as comma-seperated file, 7D2D will not even start, the screen stays black forever. Any hint on how to work with translations?

Edit: I Think I got it: Excel can't handle Unicode. WTF, Microsoft, we're in 2020!?!

Kopie_(1)Localization.xlsx 3.78 MB · 0 downloads

Okay, LibreOffice can export unicode. But trailing commas are lost, so I am not sure what happens to other translations. German users may try Localization.txt, as it contains some hundred translations. I welcome bughunters ;)

Localization.txt

14 hours ago, XaLeX12 said:

where is the error folder?

Should be %appdata%/locallow/the fun pimps/7 days to die and it's called player.log.

If using the launcher, that puts it somewhere else, not sure where.

7 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Kopie_(1)Localization.xlsx 3.78 MB · 0 downloads

Use Google Sheets.

You can load the file into it and each language is a seperate column, then you do Download -> Comma-seperated values (CSV).

That's what I do. Then I just open it in notepad++ and save as a text file. 

6 hours ago, Bat0206 said:

I have see the map exactly and is the DFalls-XLarge2.

Aha, thank you. That helps. I'll go have a look.

On 10/15/2020 at 7:53 AM, TechieZero said:

This isn't isolated. I just installed a fresh copy of 7D2D, 7D2D Mod Launcher, DF Mod and got the same instantiation error. Game hangs on initial launch at "Building Environment".

Suggestions?

Log file attached.

New_Text_Document.txt

Edited by Loftus
1 - Added log file. (see edit history)

ArgumentException: The Object you want to instantiate is null.
  at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate[T] (T original) [0x0003d] in <5e1dfb686eb345078a588df96401afcc>:0 
  at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x0007c] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
  at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 

^ that's your error. That's DEFINITELY NOT something the mod does. I recommend making sure your vanilla game is 100% vanilla, it's on 19.1 and it works.

If it still doesn't work, manually install, because I know the mod is working with no issues.

49 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

ArgumentException: The Object you want to instantiate is null.
  at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate[T] (T original) [0x0003d] in <5e1dfb686eb345078a588df96401afcc>:0 
  at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x0007c] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
  at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 

^ that's your error. That's DEFINITELY NOT something the mod does. I recommend making sure your vanilla game is 100% vanilla, it's on 19.1 and it works.

If it still doesn't work, manually install, because I know the mod is working with no issues.

Got rid of all files and re-installed. It seemed to have worked! I think the error was that I pulled from a A19.2 Latest Experimental Steam version, not A19.1(b8) Latest Stable.

Having an issue, hoping someone can help.  

I run a 7dtd dedicated server on an unraid server as a docker.  Tonight I wanted to add a DF server, so I created a second docker, got it configured and ports opened to it and verified that it worked with all vanilla settings.  I was able to log into it just fine from a vanilla 19.1 client.  From there I downloaded the DF server files for 19.1 and copied them over, set up my serverconfig for the right ports and named the server, and restarted it and it launched.

Then I downloaded the client files for DF and copied them into my 7dtd folder on my PC, replacing files as necessary.  I then launched the non EAC exe and it loaded up and I had the DF splash screen.  I then went to join my new server and was able to find it and join it just fine.  However, once it finished loading the world files and went to create the user, it crashed.  The console popped down and showed the error, and then it exited the reader and writer and hung up.  The end of the log file is pasted below and I attached the full log file.  After it crashed it just sits there so eventually I closed the game manually.

A friend also tried the same thing, he installed the client files in his 7dtd steam folder, launched the game and connected to my server, and after the world files downloaded, he got the same error.  My guess is it is in the server.  Everything was "vanilla" 7dtd 19.1 prior to installing the DF downloads.  No other mods, no mod installer used.  

2020-10-16T21:58:18 240.628 INF createWorld() done
2020-10-16T21:58:18 240.751 ERR NCSimple_Deserializer (ch=0):
2020-10-16T21:58:18 240.752 EXC Attempted to read past the end of the stream.
EndOfStreamException: Attempted to read past the end of the stream.
  at PooledBinaryReader.FillBuffer (System.Int32 _numBytes) [0x00030] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
  at PooledBinaryReader.ReadUInt16 () [0x00000] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) ItemValue.ItemValue.Read_Patch2(ItemValue,System.IO.BinaryReader)
  at Equipment.Read (System.IO.BinaryReader reader) [0x0001e] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
  at PlayerDataFile.Read (PooledBinaryReader _br, System.UInt32 _version) [0x001b9] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
  at NetPackagePlayerId.read (PooledBinaryReader _reader) [0x00023] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
  at NetPackageManager.Parse (PooledBinaryReader _reader, ClientInfo _sender) [0x00017] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
  at NetConnectionSimple.taskDeserialize (ThreadManager+ThreadInfo _threadInfo) [0x0021e] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
NetConnectionSimple:taskDeserialize(ThreadInfo)
ThreadManager:myThreadInvoke(Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart(Object)

(Filename: <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053> Line: 0)

2020-10-16T21:58:18 240.756 INF Exited thread NCS_Reader_0
2020-10-16T21:58:18 240.756 INF Exited thread NCS_Writer_0

Player.log

That looks like your server is corrupting player profiles for some reason. No idea why though. I don't know if anyone else is using a docker to run the game, but I DO know at least 3 other folks have been running ubuntu linux servers with no issue.

However, I will ALWAYS recommend using windows for a server since that's what the game originally used to use until they added in Linux support. It seems to be a lot more stable.

Heya khaine, I've noticed that while using the DF-Large 2 map that the ground level is set at half a block (POI's either float half a block above or are sunken in by the same).

Not really an issue, however, I have dropped some of my preferred prefabs in and cannot get them at the proper level.

This is a new install, and all previous data was deleted saves/worlds etc.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

9 hours ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

Heya khaine, I've noticed that while using the DF-Large 2 map that the ground level is set at half a block (POI's either float half a block above or are sunken in by the same).

Not really an issue, however, I have dropped some of my preferred prefabs in and cannot get them at the proper level.

This is a new install, and all previous data was deleted saves/worlds etc.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

So... i've seen SOME people have this in the discord (less than 10), but not everyone. I think it's a base-game bug.

But that map is fine for me on 19.2b4.

39 minutes ago, XaLeX12 said:

Day 15 tier 3 mission a @%$#ing demon zombie with 1000 life and super regenerative life. They are si OP. Like 200 9mm bullets in head and 40 0.44 in head to kill.

You must be playing on a nuts difficulty to get one that early.

44 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Entonces ... he visto que ALGUNAS personas tienen esto en la discordia (menos de 10), pero no todos. Creo que es un error del juego base.

Pero ese mapa está bien para mí en 19.2b4.

Debes jugar en una dificultad loca para conseguir uno tan pronto.

In insane

There is not words to explain how happy I was yesterday when we finally tested the A19.1 version and I found a tier 11 piece of junk shovel. And repairing it later lowered it's tier.

More tiers. learn by doing on many things. repairing lowers tier. A better progression.xml

Hadn't played Darkness falls since the end of A17, so had forgotten just how much greatness it brought back.

Poking around and checking all harmony mods, I get very curious about a few things in particular

the scoutsmod does this mean that the regular scouts is indeed bugged as of A19.1 and not calling in correct numbers?

And to get rid of healthbars, is it just to move out Harmony-NoSleeperHealthBar from the harmony folder on the dedicated server? :)

Since to much is done to restore older systems, the decision to not have lootable zombies, is that from a performance standpoint or just don't like it?

Also a general question about how schematics/loot are intended to be. Are they supposed to be rare or did we get really really superlucky finding a forge schematic on day 1 and a chem station schematic on day2? (and a bunch of more schematics) from regular house looting? (no crackabook or so)

We're set at 100% loot abundance in serverconfig.

To get rid of health bars, go into Mods/0-SphereiiCore and open blocks.xml.

You're looking for this.

<property name="UnlockEnemyHealthBar" value="true" />

Set to false and you're done (only needs to be done on the server).

Scoutsmod fixes an... issue... with screamers. So what happens in A19 vanilla, is your heat gets to 100% and then there's a CHANCE of a screamer spawn. If the screamer does not spawn, it resets your heat back to 0. That mod means 100% heat ALWAYS spawns a screamer (how it used to be).

Forge schematic is pretty common. Chem station... not so much. You got lucky with that. :) Schematics are fairly common, at least for the "lower level" stuff. Not so much for the higher level things.

Hi I have a question about mining.  Been exploring the map and have as of yet seen any resource nodes above ground.  Is this intentional and if so how do I find the specific resource I'm looking for or LOL do I have to do it the old way and find a place and just dig?