Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

7 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Links on the first page should be correct but I shall check. You can play like that with just the client version (that's how me and my wife test)

Perhaps there was a glitch in the display in the browser. When hovering over both download links, the server download was shown. Now everything is ok )

Having a big trouble... 😕 Playing on a DF server. I accidentally dropped my first "opening trade routes" quest, and the trader does not have this quest now. Is there any way to re-aquire this quest? I think if i not complete this, i cant get Tier II quests from the traders... 😕

Having issues getting the game to work for me. 

I can load up 7days through steam no issues, but everytime I try to launch the mod it crashes before the main menu. Even after clean installs and Pre-syncing Mods over and over I still can't get in. 

I cache the files after the FunPimps logo and there is the title card and it pregens characters and pixels and textures and crashes. I can't even get to the main menu of the game. This is what it says in the bottom of my logs:

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/Mono/XInputInterface32
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/Mono/XInputInterface32.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/Mono/XInputInterface32
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/Mono/libXInputInterface32
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/Mono/libXInputInterface32.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/Mono/libXInputInterface32

Edited by AbeSolum (see edit history)

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Nope.

And you should be able to get the next quest.

How? The trader now does not have anything under the conversation "Do you have any other work?" where the quest originally is. Maybe i try do more quest to him again? Or i should try other traders?

1 hour ago, AbeSolum said:

Having issues getting the game to work for me. 

I can load up 7days through steam no issues, but everytime I try to launch the mod it crashes before the main menu. Even after clean installs and Pre-syncing Mods over and over I still can't get in. 

I cache the files after the FunPimps logo and there is the title card and it pregens characters and pixels and textures and crashes. I can't even get to the main menu of the game. This is what it says in the bottom of my logs:

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/Mono/XInputInterface32.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/Mono/libXInputInterface32.dll

If it's just straight crashing, my guess is that it's running out of RAM, which can happen if your virtual memory file is set low (or you let windows deal with it)

Those errors are normal.

26 minutes ago, kexes said:

How? The trader now does not have anything under the conversation "Do you have any other work?" where the quest originally is. Maybe i try do more quest to him again? Or i should try other traders?

You need to build up faction with the trader. You get 1 quest at 5/15/25/35/45.

I don't know if others are having this problem, but I can't seem to talk to Trader Hugh at all, it shows his health bar and thats it, no ability to talk. I can take missions from the Guard Captain, which usually has two spawned in the game. I am playing with Sorcery Mod installed, however, even when I didn't have it installed, I couldn't talk to him.

Hi again

I'm working on a little add-hock gun part crafting project, and I like to use the vanilla crafting parts player get from scrapping guns for this project.

I know this parts is not in use in DF, like MRifleParts and MMachineGunParts and so on, but they are still in the game, so I was thinking to add them to guns, but if I do the guns cannot be scrapped. So I wonder if its possible to use the old weapon parts for scrapping guns or have they been disabled or something?

Have never played mod before today. When playing SP no problems loading. On dedicated server I got them to update their files today to latest. I have a fresh install of game and mod along with fresh server installs. While loading it gets errors:

ERR Loading prefab "trader_joel" failed: Block "DFSpawnGuardFemale1" used in prefab is unknown. 

then it says skipping it followed by what seems to be multiple of the same for other traders 

Then ending with this error

ERR NCSimple_Deserializer (ch=0): EndOfStreamException: Attempted to read past the end of the stream.

Stays hung up on creating player

Tried finding other comments with same error but nothing that I saw. Used one comment about nuking everything including steam. Followed that and tried again but same result. Any ideas or help would be grateful. I am a dedicated server noob but have been working it all out pretty successfully for vanilla. I did see others playing the mod but each of their servers stated vanilla files as off but mine says on no matter what I change. Maybe has something to do with something but again no clue.

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

If it's just straight crashing, my guess is that it's running out of RAM, which can happen if your virtual memory file is set low (or you let windows deal with it)

Those errors are normal.

Yeah that didnt change anything. Any other ideas as to why? My friends aren't having the same issues. Again, I can play 7d2d just fine, but the game crashes before loading into the menu when I try to launch DF from the mod launcher. 

If you have any references to this issue being solved I'd appreciate a link to them. I didn't find anyone with the same issue when I googled it. 

Hello all!

I was hoping someone could help troubleshoot the install with me. I uninstalled/reinstalled 7 days fresh. Copied the folder and set it outside of the steam folder for safe keeping. Downloaded the client version of the mod for Alpha 19. Then extracted that into my 7 days folder in steam and told it to replace files. Then tried to open the game without EAC and I am getting a bunch of red errors in the log at the top of my screen saying "Argument Exception: The Object you want to Instantiate is null. I am not sure what to do or why it is doing that :( Can anyone give advice in layman's terms because I am not computer literate. 

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Jacoobles said:

Have never played mod before today. When playing SP no problems loading. On dedicated server I got them to update their files today to latest. I have a fresh install of game and mod along with fresh server installs. While loading it gets errors:

ERR Loading prefab "trader_joel" failed: Block "DFSpawnGuardFemale1" used in prefab is unknown. 

then it says skipping it followed by what seems to be multiple of the same for other traders 

ERR NCSimple_Deserializer (ch=0): EndOfStreamException: Attempted to read past the end of the stream.

Tried finding other comments with same error but nothing that I saw. Used one comment about nuking everything including steam. Followed that and tried again but same result. Any ideas or help would be grateful. I am a dedicated server noob but have been working it all out pretty successfully for vanilla. I did see others playing the mod but each of their servers stated vanilla files as off but mine says on no matter what I change. Maybe has something to do with something but again no clue.

Did you also overwrite the folders Data and 7DaysToDie_Data or did you just copy the mods-folder on the server? You need to patch the complete contents of darknessfallsa19server-master3.1.zip on the server with a clean A19.1-install.

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

3 hours ago, KronosHelix said:

I don't know if others are having this problem, but I can't seem to talk to Trader Hugh at all, it shows his health bar and thats it, no ability to talk. I can take missions from the Guard Captain, which usually has two spawned in the game. I am playing with Sorcery Mod installed, however, even when I didn't have it installed, I couldn't talk to him.

Reboot your game.

2 hours ago, xxx73 said:

Hi again

I'm working on a little add-hock gun part crafting project, and I like to use the vanilla crafting parts player get from scrapping guns for this project.

I know this parts is not in use in DF, like MRifleParts and MMachineGunParts and so on, but they are still in the game, so I was thinking to add them to guns, but if I do the guns cannot be scrapped. So I wonder if its possible to use the old weapon parts for scrapping guns or have they been disabled or something?

The items exist but guns don't scrap into them. They scrap into metal. You'll need to adjust your recipes accordingly since they're also not in loot.

2 hours ago, Jacoobles said:

Something is making your blocks.xml fail. You've got a bad install.

1 hour ago, AbeSolum said:

Yeah that didnt change anything. Any other ideas as to why? My friends aren't having the same issues. Again, I can play 7d2d just fine, but the game crashes before loading into the menu when I try to launch DF from the mod launcher. 

If you have any references to this issue being solved I'd appreciate a link to them. I didn't find anyone with the same issue when I googled it. 

No idea at all i'm afraid other than making sure EAC is off.

14 minutes ago, Pooky said:

Hello all!

I was hoping someone could help troubleshoot the install with me. I uninstalled/reinstalled 7 days fresh. Copied the folder and set it outside of the steam folder for safe keeping. Downloaded the client version of the mod for Alpha 19. Then extracted that into my 7 days folder in steam and told it to replace files. Then tried to open the game without EAC and I am getting a bunch of red errors in the log at the top of my screen saying "Argument Exception: The Object you want to Instantiate is null. I am not sure what to do or why it is doing that :( Can anyone give advice in layman's terms because I am not computer literate. 

Thanks in advance!

Would need the log file, but it's definitely a bad install.

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Something is making your blocks.xml fail. You've got a bad install.

it runs fine in single player or if I join another player it runs fine there too. Where would the bad install be? On their server? I have wiped the server info and started from scratch multiple times on the server and on my pc. 

Edited by Jacoobles (see edit history)

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

The items exist but guns don't scrap into them. They scrap into metal. You'll need to adjust your recipes accordingly since they're also not in loot.

Yeah this I know, so I tried to add them back to some guns for tests, but when I change materials to e.g. material = MRifleParts as in vanilla the guns is not possible to scrap at all.
I also tried to make a new material or use another materiel like short pipes, but they also scrap to metal.

All I want is for guns to scrap into something unique I can make gun parts from, its not important what it is, I can add localization and icons later.
Anyway I guess that have nothing to with DF, but it seem easy to just use the already existing M...parts that is not used in DF.

4 hours ago, Jacoobles said:

it runs fine in single player or if I join another player it runs fine there too. Where would the bad install be? On their server? I have wiped the server info and started from scratch multiple times on the server and on my pc. 

Aha... yes, that's a bad server install then. Check with your provider cos many don't allow DLL uploads.

4 hours ago, xxx73 said:

Yeah this I know, so I tried to add them back to some guns for tests, but when I change materials to e.g. material = MRifleParts as in vanilla the guns is not possible to scrap at all.
I also tried to make a new material or use another materiel like short pipes, but they also scrap to metal.

All I want is for guns to scrap into something unique I can make gun parts from, its not important what it is, I can add localization and icons later.
Anyway I guess that have nothing to with DF, but it seem easy to just use the already existing M...parts that is not used in DF.

You'd need to change the gun recipes as well because they reference various different gun parts that also use Mmetal as their material. So you'd have to add like.... MRifleParts to the gun recipes.

On 10/1/2020 at 2:46 AM, KhaineGB said:

Oh, I see the problem. He only had an AK and was complaining about radiated zombies when he had 300% XP and 120 min days.

Here's a hint.

DONT PLAY WITH 300% EXPERIENCE YOU COMPLETE MUPPET! That increases your level. Which increases your gamestage. Which means you're gonna get zombies like that.

I didn't balance the mod around 300% experience and 120 min days. I balanced it around 100% expereince and 60 min days.

So that's a -you- problem. And I don't give a crap if you're a war vet. That has no meaning in games, kid.

Personally i prefer longer days too, like 90 or 120 minutes. I found the default 60 min days are way too short for non-stressful questing -travels are time consuming mechanics-. Especially in this mod :D

2 bugs (?) I found so far:

Healing other players are not working in the mod. Its not fixed already in the latest 19.1(b8) vanilla game? Also the physician perk seems work strangely. I have the perk on 5/5 (miracle worker), but applying a first aid bandage, in half of the cases they apply the non-modified amount of healing.

Btw i really like this mod. You did a great job about the difficulty. Im around level 50, and i encountered with some radiated biker zombies in POI-s, they have like ~1000 HP, and hitting like a truck. They keep one shot me if i let them too close. I felt the vanilla game become too easy too soon (only vanilla a17 have comparable difficulty with this mod). But not in this mod, i never feel myself safe here.

I tried to searching on forum, but I don't think I found any solid answers yet. 
I play on prefab large 1 and it looks like there is no titanium in the radioactive area. Every rock have either iron/coal/lead/nitrate, which is strange, since I thought this was disabled since A17 or so, or in some rare cases plutonium. I tried to dig underground but only Iron can be found. Kinda frustrating 

5 hours ago, kexes said:

Personally i prefer longer days too, like 90 or 120 minutes. I found the default 60 min days are way too short for non-stressful questing -travels are time consuming mechanics-. Especially in this mod :D

2 bugs (?) I found so far:

Healing other players are not working in the mod. Its not fixed already in the latest 19.1(b8) vanilla game? Also the physician perk seems work strangely. I have the perk on 5/5 (miracle worker), but applying a first aid bandage, in half of the cases they apply the non-modified amount of healing.

Btw i really like this mod. You did a great job about the difficulty. Im around level 50, and i encountered with some radiated biker zombies in POI-s, they have like ~1000 HP, and hitting like a truck. They keep one shot me if i let them too close. I felt the vanilla game become too easy too soon (only vanilla a17 have comparable difficulty with this mod). But not in this mod, i never feel myself safe here.

I personally like 75 min days... considering adding that to the menu. No idea why, it just feels... "right."

I'm pretty sure healing other players doesnt work properly in vanilla because i'm just using that code. So... yeah.

Already fixed physician locally.

1 hour ago, ZeroZephyr said:

I tried to searching on forum, but I don't think I found any solid answers yet. 
I play on prefab large 1 and it looks like there is no titanium in the radioactive area. Every rock have either iron/coal/lead/nitrate, which is strange, since I thought this was disabled since A17 or so, or in some rare cases plutonium. I tried to dig underground but only Iron can be found. Kinda frustrating 

That was fixed... last week I think? I uploaded the fixed file to git already. It's just blocks.xml.

1 hour ago, dhd555 said:

Currently, the latest version for Dedicated Server does not proceed any more because a block error is displayed.

Then your server is likely running 19.0.