Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

So this bunker with tech notes...We looked in Missile Silos, The ones with the weird back yard and little shed that has steps down to the hidden bunker, three of the military bases types and we can't find any of the research desks. is it possible they wouldnt spawn in 17.3 random gen?

So this bunker with tech notes...We looked in Missile Silos, The ones with the weird back yard and little shed that has steps down to the hidden bunker, three of the military bases types and we can't find any of the research desks. is it possible they wouldnt spawn in 17.3 random gen?

Have you added the Darkness Falls POIs to the prefab list for Random Gen?

can you bring back looting the zombie bodies

Probably. Last time I did that, folks complained though.

But I'll add it to my list as something to try out and see what folks think.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28602[/ATTACH]

Started a new Random Gen World in 17.4 (v2.11), and 2/3 of the map is Radiation Biome. Even when I leave and go to the Desert and Forest I still get Radiation Warning Bluff. Not really a complaint, because it makes the game super fun, but is this a weird glitch or planned?

Not intentional. I tweaked RWG so that shouldn't happen. A lot of folks have been saying there isn't ENOUGH radiation so I think you got super unlucky. :D

Wait, what? "demon portals?" i cannot even find the military bases, lol. on a side note, about the idea of an Industrial Mixer for using up some of our bulk stone and what not--along with making that a Mastery Laborer recipe, could you make it a combination of needing the Laborer AND Mechanic mastery? I think that would be cool to require people to cross-class for different things. Like needing science AND farming to make supercorn seeds (and maybe add a couple food recipes that need supercorn) or Survival AND Hunter to make camo mods that let you hide better or Security and Civilian that could add a small minimap in the corner or something. Maybe Security and Hunter to make a sniper turret. Anyway, thanks again for the awesome mod

Hmmm, not a bad idea. I'd need a seperate perk that requires the 2 mastery perks. The Completionist technically already does this, so yes, it's totally do-able. :)

So I switched over to DF Medium. Is there any way to transfer my other character, without using console commands?

I tried copying over the player data, but when I logged in I started fresh every time.

Also, when I switched to DF-Med my dedicated server crashes after 4-5 minutes.

I did everything right and the serverlog doesn't show anything special.

Any ideas? All I did after spawning in was give myself some xp(to get my old lvl back).

Being honest, I'm bad with the server side of things so I have no idea how to copy your player data over.

As for the crashing, check RAM usage. I know the 12k maps take a lot more.

I've been playing with the Farmer class and am running into issues with the tame animals. I'm able to spawn in cows, pigs, and wolves using the occasionally dropped booklets for them. However, beyond them breeding, I can't seem to do anything else with them. Everything I've tried to do for harvesting just makes them explode and disappear and I get nothing from it. I thought the entire point of this feature was to provide a reliable source of meat (from cows and pigs), but nothing I've tried seems to work. Is this a glitch, or am I missing something?

There was an issue with the corpse disappearing too fast. That should be fixed in 2.11.

I'm also testing out an increase to their life stages so they'll like about 7-ish days instead of closer to 3.

- - - Updated - - -

I managed to fix the lag by reducing tree quality,strange that it also affect zombie model quality,Also it's necessary to play DF's own maps?or demon portal and those two bunkers spawn in random gen?

Not necessary at all. Everything SHOULD spawn in random gen.

I recommend sacrificing a chicken for luck though. ;)

Yes it's possible. Even though I set min_count to 1, sometimes they just don't spawn, which is very frustrating.

Being honest, I'm bad with the server side of things so I have no idea how to copy your player data over.

As for the crashing, check RAM usage. I know the 12k maps take a lot more.

Thanks. I thought Navezgane was same size as DF-Med? 12xxx something.

I'll try with the smaller one and we'll see how it goes =)

The server I'm renting has 4gb ram if that's any help.

Edited by bfnoDaniel (see edit history)

Okay, couple potentially stupid questions.

The ammo crafting perk mentions hollow point and armor piercing rounds, but I can't find anywhere that I can make them. Is there a special workbench, or are they non-existent?

Second, what weapon do people recommend for fighting Behemoths? I've got a lathe (thank you Wandering Trader!) but I'm not sure what the best weapon type would be (I have access to everything except coil and laser, but I just need to spend the points to get coil, which isn't a big deal.)

Third, is there a good source of generic mod template papers? I loot basically everything, and I've bought all of them from the trader at every opportunity, but I still feel like I'm always short on them (and I've only made a bare minimum number of mods.)

Finally, mining for titanium should be at +5 height on the map or 5 blocks above bedrock (which is something like +8)?

Thanks for the awesome mod. I really didn't enjoy 17.X, and you've made it playable (and fun!).

For behemoths. I found that using Recog. Having the perk where you do 200 percent damage. Think it is survival. And the coil pistol. Have some perks into pistols. And basically if you are lucky enough you can get a clear shot to the head with recog and sneaking, you can one shot them. Coil rifle you need 2 shots.

Thanks. I thought Navezgane was same size as DF-Med? 12xxx something.

I'll try with the smaller one and we'll see how it goes =)

The server I'm renting has 4gb ram if that's any help.

Like Myth said, Navezgane is a 6k map. :) Most folks have found DFalls-Small, which is the 8k map, is pushing 7GB RAM usage. Most server providers should be offering 6GB as a minimum.

Also TFP don't recommend using above 8k, so that's probably what I'll be recommending for now as well.

Okay, couple potentially stupid questions.

The ammo crafting perk mentions hollow point and armor piercing rounds, but I can't find anywhere that I can make them. Is there a special workbench, or are they non-existent?

Second, what weapon do people recommend for fighting Behemoths? I've got a lathe (thank you Wandering Trader!) but I'm not sure what the best weapon type would be (I have access to everything except coil and laser, but I just need to spend the points to get coil, which isn't a big deal.)

Third, is there a good source of generic mod template papers? I loot basically everything, and I've bought all of them from the trader at every opportunity, but I still feel like I'm always short on them (and I've only made a bare minimum number of mods.)

Finally, mining for titanium should be at +5 height on the map or 5 blocks above bedrock (which is something like +8)?

Thanks for the awesome mod. I really didn't enjoy 17.X, and you've made it playable (and fun!).

THe rounds are a localization derp. AP rounds do exist in the XML, but don't work properly. Same with hollow point, though they might be making a return soon. :)

For behemoths, I see Kragnok gave an opinion, but I personally test with a T6 M4A1 rifle. That + rod and spring, scope, laser sight, extended mag and a dye for damage usually lets me either kill one or get VERY close with 1 mag. Basically get a sneak headshot and then just unload all 45 rounds.

Generic schematics... right now I'm having the most luck finding those from safes.

Titanium spawns approx 10 blocks above bedrock, but it's rare outside of the wasteland. :) Someone earlier in the thread mentioned it was too easy to get, so I adjusted the spawn rate.

LOL true you can do that too Khaine, but i sneak a alot. I like one shot one kill play. just my play style. Just a question. is there plans for making like zinc and copper minable for brass? Just seems brass is lacking in resource gathering.

For behemoths, I see Kragnok gave an opinion, but I personally test with a T6 M4A1 rifle. That + rod and spring, scope, laser sight, extended mag and a dye for damage usually lets me either kill one or get VERY close with 1 mag. Basically get a sneak headshot and then just unload all 45 rounds.

Cool. I can make a T7 at this point, but the only time I've used a firearm so far is the pipe pistol for the security quest, so my ranks are all 0. Need to get those up.

Generic schematics... right now I'm having the most luck finding those from safes.
Yeah, I've found them there too. Just feels like I don't have enough to fill out all my gear.

Titanium spawns approx 10 blocks above bedrock, but it's rare outside of the wasteland. :) Someone earlier in the thread mentioned it was too easy to get, so I adjusted the spawn rate.
Bleh. Okay, I'll try at 10 above bedrock. I just sank my mineshaft yesterday, so I'll have to move it up a bit. Still haven't found a wasteland (I did almost drive into a radiated biome...thanks for changing the texture or I'd have been toast!) but I haven't explored a ton because I was busy doing quests and building a starter base. Will focus on exploring for a bit (I need to find a permanent base site anyway.)

Thanks for being so helpful!

Hello there Khaine, quick question about getting this mod to run. Tried installing it multiple times with a clean install from steam, and just cannot get it to load up. Using the mod launcher, i constantly get this error code.

"Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).

Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching

editor and platform support versions."

Tried uninstalling and redownloading multiple times to no avail. Any tips or ideas how to get past this? I've never ran into an issue with the mod launcher until now. Thank you so much for your time and your hard work. I am extremely excited to dive into this mod.

For behemoths. I found that using Recog. Having the perk where you do 200 percent damage. Think it is survival. And the coil pistol. Have some perks into pistols. And basically if you are lucky enough you can get a clear shot to the head with recog and sneaking, you can one shot them. Coil rifle you need 2 shots.

Lol i remember killing them with one crossbow's headshot,that was on insane difficulty.

LOL true you can do that too Khaine, but i sneak a alot. I like one shot one kill play. just my play style. Just a question. is there plans for making like zinc and copper minable for brass? Just seems brass is lacking in resource gathering.

Nope, but I did make 2 brass catcher mods you can install on weapons to reclaim casings. :)

Lol i remember killing them with one crossbow's headshot,that was on insane difficulty.

You lucky sod. ;)

Does random gen work with Darkness Falls or should I stick to premade? I made one random so far and it kept tossing me in the radiation zones. Maybe was just bad luck?

It does work, but it loves to throw you in the wasteland. I recommend generating in the random gen previewer and then check the midddle of the map. If it looks good, use DM in the console (F1) and then hit esc. There will be a teleport button. Hit THAT and it'll put you smack in the middle of the map.

Assuming it dumps you in rad zone again. :)

Okay, another stupid question. I've done all the class quests and have all the master perks except scientist (haven't found the book yet.) I can craft everything titanium except the spear, the hunting knife, the club and the sledgehammer. Does master scientist unlock all of those, or do I have to take the titanium crafting perk?

Also, are there gravel deposits for titanium? And when you say it's rare except in the wasteland, do you mean underground as well?

Edited by Vaeliorin (see edit history)

Okay, another stupid question. I've done all the class quests and have all the master perks except scientist (haven't found the book yet.) I can craft everything titanium except the spear, the hunting knife, the club and the sledgehammer. Does master scientist unlock all of those, or do I have to take the titanium crafting perk?

Also, are there gravel deposits for titanium? And when you say it's rare except in the wasteland, do you mean underground as well?

You need to be lvl 100 and unlock titanium crafting to make titanium ingots in advanced forge.

Titanium can be found on the surface in wastelands or around 10 blocks above bedrock. Usually Titanium is "mixed" with lead in forest biome - thats where I usually go look for it.

Sometimes it can be evasive so visit wasteland if unlucky for surface nodes, but be prepared for lots of zombies ( all ferals, irradiated and legendary ). Best to go there at night and sneak mine it - do recon during the day :p

Titanium is easy to spot in the wasteland as it bright and almost white. There is a lot of titanium in one above ground deposit. Beware of the very tall kill you in one shot long limbed demon. You can't sprint past this one, you need to run away from it and it follows you a long ways.

can you bring back looting the zombie bodies

Probably. Last time I did that, folks complained though.

But I'll add it to my list as something to try out and see what folks think.

Waste of time in my opinion,i remember after a good fight to check on ~50 bodies was biggest pain :D

@KhaineGB just wanted to honestly thank you for the last update,for killing those stupid animals(but they still giving to much meat.. ? :D ) and fixing all annoying stutters,they are gone,the game runs so good now!

Ever planing to make tools/weapons to break forever after certain times of uses ? Would be so much more realistic!

Thanks for all the info, all. I've managed to gather about 4.5k titanium from 2 surface nodes at the end of the wasteland, while cowering in terror from multiple zombie bears and feral cops.

You need to be lvl 100 and unlock titanium crafting to make titanium ingots in advanced forge.

I can make forged titanium. Like I said, I can make every single titanium item except those 4 specific ones, and I just wondered whether I had to spend the point to unlock those 4, or if I'd get them when I got the scientist mastery (like I got all the others from mastering all the other classes.)

259019435_ScreenshotAGRUTRADBUG.thumb.jpg.d384d04445a96a23cb6d5e3fbfb34944.jpg

Getting Argument is out of range console warnings while at select traders. Sometimes, a trader will be fine, but when the 'restock date' comes along, all of a sudden I get the Argument warning.

Didn't touch the Trader.xml files, but did lots of "EconomicValue" changing in item.xml's.

Thank you