Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Has anyone else run into the odd glitch when pressing/holding آ‘Eآ’ to access a gun turret?

Iآ’ve tried several times to enter the turret inventory, and ended up having my character punch/hack/damage the turret.

Then you need to repair it before taking it.

It seems to happen because the game partially switches you to 3rd person mode. It does it in vanilla too. I advise having nothing in your hands and standing back a bit.

Hi, I started a new game and my first trader has two traders npc one inside the other, so in the whole there are four npc traders, is this normal in this mod?

Sadly yes. It's because trader protection is turned off.

I download this mod and everytime I try to play it gets stuck on loading screen. It keeps saying in red txt that "object reference not set to an object" any help would be appreciated! Cuz I really wanna play this mod

I'd need your output_log to know what the error is. But it sounds like something didn't install correctly.

So I just downloaded the mod through the mod launcher, created a new game with the DF medium map. When I load in all I can see is a grey fog and a blue skybox. The map says Im somewhere but all I see is grey. Any ideas?

Incorrect mod version with incorrect game version. Completely delete your 7DTD install and download A17.4. Then completely delete all mod files and re-dowload it.

My bike dissapeared,in yeasterday's game it was working fine and today i see only icon on the map,hud,bike itself is invisible...

Ver.2.11,files pre-synched...

Edit: Ok looks like it's a known vanilla issue,nevermind then...

Yep, unfortunately it is. It's bloody annoying... been a thing for as long as I can remember.

Nope.

And I don't advise taking those models and using them since I had to pay for them. ;)

If you want to get them as a standalone, you'd need AnimationSDX and I'm happy to point you to the unity package I bought and where I got the animations from.

Just recently found and tried your mod a few days ago. Using the launcher and a separate install so I can also still play normal A17.4 as well.

I like how you have merged earlier mechanics with the newer mechanics and it seems like it could be a really fun mod. Just have a few questions.

Are you not meant to stay in one place in this mod (as in not have a permanent base)? I decided to shelter in a small cabin I found for the first night and had a massive amount of zombies outside including a bunch of the irradiated ones. I had read that you had upped the spawning but those numbers seem like it will be impossible to build a base as it would just get torn down each night without being extremely careful not to attract attention. Not necessarily complaining about that though. I also had an issue initially clearing that small cabin/house as I would kite the zombies outside to kill them (got maybe 10 blocks from the poi at most) and then when I went to go back in the poi had reset all of the zombie spawns (This could very well be a vanilla issue, I just haven't researched it).

I just was basically wondering how I need to approach the early game differently than vanilla as I ended up getting swarmed the morning of day 2 because all the zombies that showed up around the POI eventually overwhelmed me. To be fair I was perhaps foolishly trying to melee them all to death to grind my melee skills.

Basic tips and hints for starting out in this mod would be greatly appreciated! Great work on the mod as well!

A good way to start this mod is by taking Laborer as one of your first 2 classes. This gives you earlier access to better tools, workbench and forge. Regardless of your starting class(es), spend the first couple of nights at the Trader if necessary, and use that time to gather materials to make defenses for your base. Barbed wire traps and log spike traps make great defenses. Try to get your hands on a gun of some type, and of course some ammo. Failing that, make a LOT of arrows. As you've already seen, you'll need them. A permanent base is definitely possible by day 7.

The problem is that the A17 zombie damage is so high that even concrete tends to get shredded in no time. So for the first two hordes I make my base at a trader and use their guards as turrets. Just make sure not to block their line of fire or they will destroy whatever you put in their way. The AI is very basic currently (Vanilla issue).

If you are new to the game I would also drop the spawn count and difficulty level below nomal levels. A17 was already a little too aggressive when set to normal for non-vets, and this mod ramps that up higher. So compensate until you have a good handle on it. Once you do, this mod will make things far more interesting. You could also drop it for the early game, and then turn it up later once you see how the mod handles.

Edited by FM2009 (see edit history)

Just recently found and tried your mod a few days ago. Using the launcher and a separate install so I can also still play normal A17.4 as well.

I like how you have merged earlier mechanics with the newer mechanics and it seems like it could be a really fun mod. Just have a few questions.

Are you not meant to stay in one place in this mod (as in not have a permanent base)? I decided to shelter in a small cabin I found for the first night and had a massive amount of zombies outside including a bunch of the irradiated ones. I had read that you had upped the spawning but those numbers seem like it will be impossible to build a base as it would just get torn down each night without being extremely careful not to attract attention. Not necessarily complaining about that though. I also had an issue initially clearing that small cabin/house as I would kite the zombies outside to kill them (got maybe 10 blocks from the poi at most) and then when I went to go back in the poi had reset all of the zombie spawns (This could very well be a vanilla issue, I just haven't researched it).

I just was basically wondering how I need to approach the early game differently than vanilla as I ended up getting swarmed the morning of day 2 because all the zombies that showed up around the POI eventually overwhelmed me. To be fair I was perhaps foolishly trying to melee them all to death to grind my melee skills.

Basic tips and hints for starting out in this mod would be greatly appreciated! Great work on the mod as well!

I see other folks have given you advice, but here's some of mine.

For whatever reason, I think it's how the game works rather than something I broke, night 1 is always absolutely horrific. I usually hide at the trader for night 1 just because the game spawns ALL OF THE THINGS and dumps it on your face.

After that, you can build with few issues. :) Other than that, I usually rock an iron club for melee (spear for servers due to the extra distance zombies somehow have in MP), bow, ton of stone arrows and try to make some cloth armor ASAP if my class doesn't have me make it. Apples and oranges are an OK food source starting out and coconut water can help with hydration if you have a desert nearby.

Use empty jars on non-dead trees (pretty sure it's right click) to get sap. You can use that for a small stamina regen buff (lasts about 60 seconds) but it does have a chance to make you ill. You can also use it make sterile bandages, which are like a weak version of first aid bandages. Better than nothing in the early game.

Khaine : I beg you not to take away nerd poling I just came to your mod because of Raven Hearst (please).

Not planning on it. I do have some plans, but getting rid of nerd poling isn't one of them. :)

I just updated to stable A17.4, and installed the client version of Darkness Falls 2.11 but I cannot play it due to persistent memory errors. I manually installed the mod three times, and am quite comfortable with manual installations. I am using no other mods, and have 16GB of RAM and 8GB VRAM. I turned the graphics from Ultra (which works with Vanilla A17.4) down to the lowest setting one step at a time without success.

The only suggestion that I could find was to use the Vanilla game launcher but that did not help. The best part is that I can play 2.11 by launching a new world, but only until I exit. I have reinstated the Vanilla files after removing the mod files, and the base game will load an A17.4 map that is larger than the DFSmall map that I was using, so it does not appear to be map size. I am at a loss, and hope you may have run across this.

Hi KhaineGB,

My wife and I would like to thank you for your efforts. This mod IS what the game should be. We have had so much fun playing it. We have played for many years and really felt that 17 broke the game for us. You have given us our game back and made it better.

THANK YOU!!!

I just updated to stable A17.4, and installed the client version of Darkness Falls 2.11 but I cannot play it due to persistent memory errors. I manually installed the mod three times, and am quite comfortable with manual installations. I am using no other mods, and have 16GB of RAM and 8GB VRAM. I turned the graphics from Ultra (which works with Vanilla A17.4) down to the lowest setting one step at a time without success.

The only suggestion that I could find was to use the Vanilla game launcher but that did not help. The best part is that I can play 2.11 by launching a new world, but only until I exit. I have reinstated the Vanilla files after removing the mod files, and the base game will load an A17.4 map that is larger than the DFSmall map that I was using, so it does not appear to be map size. I am at a loss, and hope you may have run across this.

Going to be totally honest, I have no idea. I've seen folks have issues when using 8GB RAM and an 8k map (like DFalls-Small) in MP, but that's it. There's no reason you should be running out of RAM at all.

Stupid thought though.... when you play, the game save goes to your AppData folder, which I believe is usually on the C: drive. How's your free space on there?

Hi KhaineGB,

My wife and I would like to thank you for your efforts. This mod IS what the game should be. We have had so much fun playing it. We have played for many years and really felt that 17 broke the game for us. You have given us our game back and made it better.

THANK YOU!!!

Glad to hear you're both enjoying it. :)

Stupid thought though.... when you play, the game save goes to your AppData folder, which I believe is usually on the C: drive. How's your free space on there?

Not a stupid question at all, but I have 90GB free and Steam is on my C: drive. I will mess around with it some more today and see if I can isolate what is causing it.

EDIT - Got that one sorted. I fogot that 7Days want to mysteriously write to a pagefile when it hits about 9GB of system RAM. So turning it back on solved the out of memory error, and everything seems to be working just fine. Cheers!

Edited by FM2009 (see edit history)

EDIT - Got that one sorted. I fogot that 7Days want to mysteriously write to a pagefile when it hits about 9GB of system RAM. So turning it back on solved the out of memory error, and everything seems to be working just fine. Cheers!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥it 7DTD. Why you have to be like this... :D

Hey,so what happens if i left behemoth tearing down trader place,saw it killing guards.

Barely made out alive 10 things chasing me... but got my welding torch ! :DD

Can traders die and if so then what ? :/

I am level29(xp multiplier 25%) and feel strong as a chicken when entering wasteland,wonder what player level or vehicle is recomended for safer exploring there.. :]

Really enjoying those almost dead moments and can't wait what will you do with other biomes in the future.

Thanks for the info on fixing that FM2009. Been trying to get my Brother to join me and have been running into this like a concrete wall.

But your info worked perfectly!

Many thanks to you both.

Oh and I am standing back from auto guns with bare hands when pressing E.

Thx KhaineGB for that tip!