Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Good day KhaineGB

Any suggestion on how to make .. crates, pictures and like .. focused better .. they are all blurred looking or is that a Vanilla issue with game .. I also noticed it in 2.10 .. but haven't played since then ..

Reinstalled mod and updated game this morning and somethings just look out of focus at times .. even dirt and bird nest at times .. I have plenty of ram and running 1070ti card .. so it's not that .. this is the only 7d2d game that I have noticed it on.

Just wondering .. as always .. Have Fun and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

So after going through and grabbing the server download to update my server to 17.4 through FTP manually, I see that you recommend BlueFang as a host because they help out with updates and such?

BlueFang is who I've used religiously for years and I love them, but they don't actually offer support with mod updates. They tell you to do it through FTP yourself or you have to pay extra for that level of support.

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to use BlueFang.

Like I said, I love them and they're the only host I'll ever use (I have servers for 7d2d and Ark and both run beautifully) but they don't offer "support" for updates.

@gpcstargate

I think you need to turn off 'texture streaming' when in game,video settings probably.

Yep! This will work, I had the same problem with dirt and iron most notably. Toggle that off and it'll fix it.

Hi Khaine! Love the mod, me and my wife play it alot :D

I was just wondering if it is possible for you to upload the files to nexusmods or similar because we are getting really slow dl-speeds from gitlab.

Not sure if anyone else is having these issues but it would be great to have access to it asap :D

Again, thanks for a great mod!

Regards/sZ

Will do. I just woke up.

Basically I pushed the update for 17.4 and then passed out. ;) I'll get that done today and then edit this post with the link.

EDIT: Nexus download location as promised.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files&BH=0

@KhaineGB

So I am having an issue where I had unlocked in the Perks menu, (Cement Mixing, Iron Tools, Steel Tools, Forge Ahead, Minibike Crafting, Bicycle Crafting and Advanced Forge) before I had mastered the associated classes. Mainly I noticed this with the Laborer class, but after I unlocked the Laborer class and completed that, I could no longer make Steel tools, Cement mixers, Iron Tools, Forges, Advanced Forges... all of them have red check marks on them saying I havent met the requirements or have a status effect (which I dont)...

Any ideas?

I have some screenshots if you want... Otherwise stop by the channel and I can show you.

~Pakrninja

Some of that is fixed in 2.11, some isn't.

SHort answer, you don't need forge ahead as a laborer because you get forge recipes as part of hammer and forge. Therefore I put in some code to disable buying perks you don't need since people were complaining about "wasting points".

So like... the wrench and steel ammo were a bug. Forge, big forge, advanced forge and cement mixing are NOT bugs because you get them in your class specific hammer and forge perk.

So buy that up to level 5.

Good day KhaineGB

Any suggestion on how to make .. crates, pictures and like .. focused better .. they are all blurred looking or is that a Vanilla issue with game .. I also noticed it in 2.10 .. but haven't played since then ..

Reinstalled mod and updated game this morning and somethings just look out of focus at times .. even dirt and bird nest at times .. I have plenty of ram and running 1070ti card .. so it's not that .. this is the only 7d2d game that I have noticed it on.

Just wondering .. as always .. Have Fun and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Go into video options and turn off texture streaming. :)

So after going through and grabbing the server download to update my server to 17.4 through FTP manually, I see that you recommend BlueFang as a host because they help out with updates and such?

BlueFang is who I've used religiously for years and I love them, but they don't actually offer support with mod updates. They tell you to do it through FTP yourself or you have to pay extra for that level of support.

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to use BlueFang.

Like I said, I love them and they're the only host I'll ever use (I have servers for 7d2d and Ark and both run beautifully) but they don't offer "support" for updates.

Huh, I'll have to double check what I was told... they told me they'll install updates for folks if asked.

But thank you for posting this anyways. May help folks chose a server provider :)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Huh, I'll have to double check what I was told... they told me they'll install updates for folks if asked.

But thank you for posting this anyways. May help folks chose a server provider :)

Like I said, they're great and I'd use them again in a heartbeat :p

They DO offer support if you pay an extra fee (but I can upload stuff myself so I don't see it being something I'm willing to drop money on, especially as the fee is more than I pay for the server itself.)

By all means, if you hear back that they do offer this update support, please let me know. I've been at my wits' end for the past hour trying to find this one file that the server isn't finding :p

Like I said, they're great and I'd use them again in a heartbeat :p

They DO offer support if you pay an extra fee (but I can upload stuff myself so I don't see it being something I'm willing to drop money on, especially as the fee is more than I pay for the server itself.)

By all means, if you hear back that they do offer this update support, please let me know. I've been at my wits' end for the past hour trying to find this one file that the server isn't finding :p

I cheat. I rent a bare metal dedicated server, installed windows on it and then just RDP to do all my management.

Only costs me about 25 euros a month, and I can easily run several 7DTD servers off it. :D

I cheat. I rent a bare metal dedicated server, installed windows on it and then just RDP to do all my management.

Only costs me about 25 euros a month, and I can easily run several 7DTD servers off it. :D

I had the option of running one through our minecraft host since we have a free slot one of our boxes, but at the time I didn't want to do the leg work of building it. Now that BF is giving me the runaround with support, I'm slightly regretting it :p

But at the end of the day, as long as I can play some more DF with my friends I'm good.

This is a great mod, my friend. Wonderful work. It bridges my desire to play both Starvation and Ravenhearst quite nicely. (Though I do miss the storage boxes that you can label directly from Ravenhearst -coughcough-)

<3

Hey Guys

I have the following problem: After installing the mod on our dedicated server, only one player can join at a time. Each additional player has the message "Waiting for server ...", without anything happening afterwards. Even after a long wait, nothing changes.

What are we doing wrong?

Hey Guys

I have the following problem: After installing the mod on our dedicated server, only one player can join at a time. Each additional player has the message "Waiting for server ...", without anything happening afterwards. Even after a long wait, nothing changes.

What are we doing wrong?

Firstly i would like to ask if they tried to open the console while they were waiting, with our dedicated server we had some issues that certain files were not found and it did not pop a message or open the console, it just let us hang waiting til we eventually had to force-quit the game-client.

Even with everything fine, it can still take long for more then one player to get in, would like to know a way to speed that up myself.

Though we use a LAN PC as server and not a rented server somewhere off location.

Just press F1 as soon as you clicked on join server, if anything is wrong it should be red text, mods that do not load right can be yellow.

Should if all is fine be plain text without much coloration ;)

I'm actually not fussed if they give a lot of wood.

The issue is the resource bonus on better tools, not the base wood of the trees. As I said in the discord, if you have those tools and REALLY need to use those trees as a cheap source of wood, you probably have bigger issues. ;)

First of all, I've got to say - this is one of the best overhauls, by far.

Me and a friend have been playing it together for a few months now, and just can't get enough :)

Recently we've started a new game, when A17.4 and v2.1 came out, updated through to v2.11 Exprimental 5 mostly without issues, besides one:

I've started a Civillian + Laborer character, and have just learned the Mechanic class as well, completed the quests, read the Mechanic Mastery book (the red one), and... none of the Mechanic recipes for the Cars, Engines, Steel Wrench, etc. are available.

I have Salvage Operations at 5/5, but Grease Monkey at 0/2, could that be the cause?

The mastery is activated for sure, it displays a lock icon and "--" in the skill point requirements, so it's probably not that...

Sorry if it's a silly question and thanks in advance :)

Yep, you need to purchase grease monkey.

Level 1 will give you the wheel and bicycle recipe. Level 2 gives you the minibike.

Steel wrench, motorbike, cars, etc are all mastery. :)

Actually, slightly misread that. It should be unlocked regardless if you read the mechanic mastery book and completed the quest.

Firsty BIG thanks for greatest mod on 7d2d. Im addicted for this :02.47-tranquillity: Your fault:playful: 2dn. POWER ARMOR. REALLY? plz be kind and make it more look alike and 3th, armored cars its nightmare, :upset:too long for moving terrain like that stucking every very and drive 1 time thru wasteland and its junk, taking too much damage from debris.

What are the requirements to forge titanium?

- Advanced Forge

- Level ???

- Raw Titanium

- etc.

I believe I have all I need, but when I hover over the recipe it's greyed out with a tooltip that reads "PLAYER LEVEL GTE100".

Again, thanks in advance.

Edited by Loftus (see edit history)

- Advanced Forge

- Level ???

- Raw Titanium

- etc.

I believe I have all I need, but when I hover over the recipe it's greyed out with a tooltip that reads "PLAYER LEVEL GTE100".

GTE means Greater Than or Equal. So level 100 or above.

Yep, you need to purchase grease monkey.

Level 1 will give you the wheel and bicycle recipe. Level 2 gives you the minibike.

Steel wrench, motorbike, cars, etc are all mastery. :)

Actually, slightly misread that. It should be unlocked regardless if you read the mechanic mastery book and completed the quest.

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not sure I quite understand.

I took 2/2 Grease Monkey, but alas, that changed nothing, the Car and its parts, as well as Steel Wrench recipes are still locked.

What may I be still missing here, to craft the Car and the other things I've mentioned?

A17.4_2019-06-02_21-07-16.thumb.jpg.8b483ad31a7d3c6079f7a6fcb4ab3050.jpg

A17.4_2019-06-02_21-07-23.thumb.jpg.3c743e4d2b3920830dd85b4888b4be33.jpg

I may have asked this but totally not sure. LOL my days are all a blur with everything that's been happening in life. LOL stupid life. Any ways, how do I learn the sub skills of the future tech tree?

Loot the bunkers or kill feral lab zombies/feral hazmat zombies for research notes. Turn those into a book, read the book.

Each time you read the book you get +1 to the crafting perk, which then eventually allows learning the other perks. However, you can only learn biological boosts OR tech boosts. Choose wisely. ;)

Firsty BIG thanks for greatest mod on 7d2d. Im addicted for this Your fault:playful: 2dn. POWER ARMOR. REALLY? plz be kind and make it more look alike and 3th, armored cars its nightmare, :upset:too long for moving terrain like that stucking every very and drive 1 time thru wasteland and its junk, taking too much damage from debris.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. :)

Unfortunately the power armor is just models currently in the game re-tinted because we can't easily add new equippable models for players... which suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

The car is.... interesting. So I don't know why it's a bit laggy with the world because the world should be saved to your HDD... so there shouldn't be any issues with loading and stuff. I also don't quite understand why it's taking so much damage when it's just using the altered properties of the 4x4. It's something I do want to look into. I may just jack the health up to compensate for that.

- Advanced Forge

- Level ???

- Raw Titanium

- etc.

What xyth said. ;)

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not sure I quite understand.

I took 2/2 Grease Monkey, but alas, that changed nothing, the Car and its parts, as well as Steel Wrench recipes are still locked.

What may I be still missing here, to craft the Car and the other things I've mentioned?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28575[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28576[/ATTACH]

I'll check locally... not sure why it's doing that because you clearly have everything unlocked and the code is correct...

<effect_group>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1" value="1" tags="vehicleMotorcycleChassis,vehicleMotorcycleHandlebars,vehicleMotorcyclePlaceable,vehicle4x4TruckChassis,vehicle4x4TruckAccessories,vehicle4x4TruckPlaceable,DFoilPump,DFmeleeToolSteelWrench,smallEngine,carBattery,DFV8Engine,vehicleCarSeat,vehicleCarSteering,vehicleCarBlackChassis,vehicleCarBlueChassis,vehicleCarRedChassis,vehicleCarCamoChassis,vehicleCarBlackPlaceable,vehicleCarBluePlaceable,vehicleCarRedPlaceable,vehicleCarCamoPlaceable"/>
		<effect_description level="1" desc_key="perkMasterMechanicRank1Desc"/>
	</effect_group>

Since it's showing a hammer icon instead of a perk icon, my ASSUMPTION is you need to be in the correct workbench for it to display properly, but I will poke it.

Where can I find the Caitlin POI?

In the wasteland somewhere. :)

Hey there, i recently got to unlock the "future is now" and used a syringe to gain the "GottaGoFast" bio boost skill.

Since you said we could only use either the bio or tech boosts i ended up playing test candidate for my friends to see what happens if i use a syringe of the other "skillTechBoosts".

Well, with one point in "GottaGoFast", i used a "AcceleratedHealing" and it told me i now had 1 point in the tech boosts.

I checked in the skills to find that the 1 point i previously had in "GottaGoFast" was now red, while "AcceleratedHealing" was active and 1 point representing it's level.

Ok, i thought maybe it's just switching between them by activating the last tree you used a syringe from, BUT nope.

Here the bummer, i used "EnhancedImmuneSystem" syringe of the first tech tree to hopefully activate the "GottaGoFast" again and had to find out, that that did use up the syringe and add a "red" point in the bio tree under the used "EnhancedImmuneSystem".

It did not change back and i was stuck with only being able to use the tech tree.

Conclusion, yes, you can only use one, but the fact that it does allow a one time change without going back option should be made known.

In that regard, i wonder if it would be possible to trigger something like max level reached for books, where further usage of a maxed out skill book does not consume the book and gives a feedback.

That would save curious players like me, maybe others, from being stuck in the exact wrong "future is now" sub-tree ;)

Looking forward to the future of the DF overhaul .. no pun intended :p