Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I created 5-6 randomgen maps and there were no white like wasteland where demon portals spawn,and most strange thing was that there were soo many traders,all spawn close to each other,i saw like 10-12 in one area.Also what's the gamestage now for those demons and behemoth appearing in horde night?I survived till 100+ days in 17.2,but neither i saw behemoth nor those demons in horde night.

Okay, so I looked at the XML (which I guess I should have done from the start...) and the only way to unlock the titanium spear/club/hunting knife/sledgehammer does appear to be with the titanium crafting perk (just in case anyone's interested.)

Anyway, I found some glasses called "MythixDino's Glasses" or something like that, which say they give an extra quest reward and 500 loot modifier (iirc) but I'm not getting an extra quest reward, and the loot I'm getting from quest rewards isn't anything outstanding (mostly tier 3-4 stuff.)

I also found Erik's Hammer, which appear to be a level 1 sledgehammer (not sure about the stats, I don't really use sledgehammers), is there anything special about it?

Finally, the titanium tools claim to be made in the metal workstation, but I actually had to craft them in the workbench. Don't know if it's a localization thing, or the recipe is wrong, but just thought I'd mention it.

Where is uranium and plutonium?

Underground and rare in the wasteland. Less rare and on the surface in the radiation biome.

Check your mining journal entry. It has all of the metal info. :)

Will titanium spawn in Navez?

Yes.

can you bring back looting the zombie bodies

Waste of time in my opinion,i remember after a good fight to check on ~50 bodies was biggest pain :D

@KhaineGB just wanted to honestly thank you for the last update,for killing those stupid animals(but they still giving to much meat.. ? :D ) and fixing all annoying stutters,they are gone,the game runs so good now!

Ever planing to make tools/weapons to break forever after certain times of uses ? Would be so much more realistic!

No plans to do that with weapons/tools. I'd have to edit the DLL to basically use the system RH has, which I don't want to do.

I created 5-6 randomgen maps and there were no white like wasteland where demon portals spawn,and most strange thing was that there were soo many traders,all spawn close to each other,i saw like 10-12 in one area.Also what's the gamestage now for those demons and behemoth appearing in horde night?I survived till 100+ days in 17.2,but neither i saw behemoth nor those demons in horde night.

Behemoths and demons are very high gamestage. Problem is, I was used to how A16 handles gamestages.... not A17. We're actually testing a tweak to that. :)

And RWG is just RWG... its better than it was but still not perfect.

Okay, so I looked at the XML (which I guess I should have done from the start...) and the only way to unlock the titanium spear/club/hunting knife/sledgehammer does appear to be with the titanium crafting perk (just in case anyone's interested.)

Anyway, I found some glasses called "MythixDino's Glasses" or something like that, which say they give an extra quest reward and 500 loot modifier (iirc) but I'm not getting an extra quest reward, and the loot I'm getting from quest rewards isn't anything outstanding (mostly tier 3-4 stuff.)

I also found Erik's Hammer, which appear to be a level 1 sledgehammer (not sure about the stats, I don't really use sledgehammers), is there anything special about it?

Finally, the titanium tools claim to be made in the metal workstation, but I actually had to craft them in the workbench. Don't know if it's a localization thing, or the recipe is wrong, but just thought I'd mention it.

Yep, those tools are in the titanium crafting perk.

The glasses may need a little tweaking. THe loot modifier does NOT change the quality of quest rewards, it changes the quality of what you find while looting.

Titanium tools are either a localization derp or incorrect recipe. Haven't decided which I want to change yet. ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28611[/ATTACH]

Getting Argument is out of range console warnings while at select traders. Sometimes, a trader will be fine, but when the 'restock date' comes along, all of a sudden I get the Argument warning.

Didn't touch the Trader.xml files, but did lots of "EconomicValue" changing in item.xml's.

Thank you

So I'm not sure what's going on with this, only seen one other person report it and I've not ran into it myself.

But I'm actually mostly playing the mod rather than working on it, so I'll keep an eye out for the error. That's unfortunately the best I can do atm. :)

EDIT: Actually I see you're using extra stuff, like the weapon in your hand. The weapon might be adding to a category that doesn't exist, or adding extra categories that the UI doesn't support.

Remove your modlets.

Sigh...I really wish TFP would fix the disappearing vehicle bug.

Anyway, anyone have any tips for underground mining in the wasteland? I'm looking to find more consistent titanium (though I've got about 12k raw titanium) and some plutonium/uranium (hoping to have power armor before I ever go into the radiated zone.)

Also, playing on DF-Medium, can anyone give me pointers on finding the bunkers?

Has anyone made an actual WIKI for this mod? Sometimes I have questions and I'm sure the question has been asked a million times, but searching through the archives is painful (for me, or I just don't know how to do that).

Things like, how do you use the critter papers? We spawned a wolf and they had it just run off. What are we supposed to do with them to keep them?

What's the new siren that goes off? Sometimes it seems to be associated with looting a car, other times it just goes off?

What is this about uranium?

Ultimately having a wiki I can reference would be best, so I don't have to reask the stupid questions all the time.

And I LOVE this mod KhaineGB!

Thank you.

Hi! I had some problems finding an answer for my question.

When i first started with this mod again just before the previous update you did when alpha 17.4 released, i think there was a setting for that horde night could come +1 day so instead of day 7, 14, 21 it could come on 8, 15, 21? If im not mistaking.

They came as planned on day 7 and 14, but now im on day 23 00:20 and no horde came at day 22 22:00. I had the horde bloodmoon and so on day 21 but no horde came at all, maybe KhaineGB or someone else more experienced with the mod can inform me if i have missed something :)

But it's a great mod, i love it, it's so fun and i have not died so much in this game as i am doing now, died like 7-8 times last horde night and i am only playing with 16 zombies on horde night ^^

Sigh...I really wish TFP would fix the disappearing vehicle bug.

Anyway, anyone have any tips for underground mining in the wasteland? I'm looking to find more consistent titanium (though I've got about 12k raw titanium) and some plutonium/uranium (hoping to have power armor before I ever go into the radiated zone.)

Also, playing on DF-Medium, can anyone give me pointers on finding the bunkers?

I actually have an idea I'm gonna try with the vehicles later. I know you need to park them on flat terrain where possible, but I do have another idea.

Plutonium/uranium, I'd scout out the edges of rad zones with a hazmat suit and see if you can spot any surface nodes. If so, run in, ninja them, run out. It DOES also spawn underground in that zone, so you could start digging down at the edge, then dig out into the rad zone (with hazmat suit) and try to get it that way. :)

Playing on DF16/Large.

I cannot find wasteland; hints?

What is the purpose of the Zombie Trader?

Also - what do I do with the demon portals?

DF Large was an experimental map... soooo... I'd say just open biomes.png to work out where biomes are.

Zombie traders used to be for a quest in the A16 version of the mod. I couldn't get it working in A17, so they currently don't have a proper use.

They will soon though... ;)

Demon portals spawn demons and can be destroyed for demonic essence, which you will need for some items. They also respawn.

Has anyone made an actual WIKI for this mod? Sometimes I have questions and I'm sure the question has been asked a million times, but searching through the archives is painful (for me, or I just don't know how to do that).

Things like, how do you use the critter papers? We spawned a wolf and they had it just run off. What are we supposed to do with them to keep them?

What's the new siren that goes off? Sometimes it seems to be associated with looting a car, other times it just goes off?

What is this about uranium?

Ultimately having a wiki I can reference would be best, so I don't have to reask the stupid questions all the time.

And I LOVE this mod KhaineGB!

Thank you.

Don't think anyone has made a wiki, but I'm maintaining an FAQ channel in the mod discord. If someone wants to, feel free... I'm really bad with that kinda stuff but happy to provide info. :)

Right, the papers... they need new icons, but they spawn baby animals for you to look after. Check the Animal Husbandry section of your journal for what blocks you need and what food each animal eats. However, you want to place a food storage block FIRST, and they will stay near that and not run off. I also recommend a haybale for them to sleep in.

New siren is a car alarm. Going to get a replacement sound for it later.

Uranium is for high end stuff. It's rarely found in the wasteland and often found within the radiated biome.

Hi! I had some problems finding an answer for my question.

When i first started with this mod again just before the previous update you did when alpha 17.4 released, i think there was a setting for that horde night could come +1 day so instead of day 7, 14, 21 it could come on 8, 15, 21? If im not mistaking.

They came as planned on day 7 and 14, but now im on day 23 00:20 and no horde came at day 22 22:00. I had the horde bloodmoon and so on day 21 but no horde came at all, maybe KhaineGB or someone else more experienced with the mod can inform me if i have missed something :)

But it's a great mod, i love it, it's so fun and i have not died so much in this game as i am doing now, died like 7-8 times last horde night and i am only playing with 16 zombies on horde night ^^

That's odd.

I know the range feature is... a little buggy... but you should've had one by now for sure.

That's odd.

I know the range feature is... a little buggy... but you should've had one by now for sure.

I will check now on the 23th and the night to see if it happend.

With the range feature, i saw it was gone now in the latest update, i did the backup and replaced the mod/game when you released it as you stated and suggested.

Because the range feature will show the red moon etc when its horde night? if it's normally on every 7th day it should not show the red moon if the horde is on the 8th day right?

hi i am having issues with the launch of the game. i created a copy of the original 7 days file and then renamed . copied across the 3 files as instructed and clicked yes to overwrite. i have tried all 3 options to launch but no joy. could someone please explain what i have done wrong and how to rectify. dark2.jpg.4675abe892a0869d490622ad5c2f6173.jpg

dark.jpg.2393f16ec9347f6b56c79d45c20e7fbd.jpg

Hallo. :)

I have a problem:

I loaded my savegame to play with and now my character is at level 1 again. I was at Level 76 and now i have lost all my skillpoints i've set, and all my active Quests and Treasure Maps. But my Stuff is okay. is there a way to get my skillpoints back, with a cheat or so?

DF Large was an experimental map... soooo... I'd say just open biomes.png to work out where biomes are.

Thanks - I cannot find the PNG for the large, just small and medium, but I see the trend. So am I to understand that to get to wasteland I have to traverse the radiation?

hi i am having issues with the launch of the game. i created a copy of the original 7 days file and then renamed . copied across the 3 files as instructed and clicked yes to overwrite. i have tried all 3 options to launch but no joy. could someone please explain what i have done wrong and how to rectify. [ATTACH=CONFIG]28631[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28632[/ATTACH]

Turn EAC off. Darkness falls is not compatible with EAC.

Hallo. :)

I have a problem:

I loaded my savegame to play with and now my character is at level 1 again. I was at Level 76 and now i have lost all my skillpoints i've set, and all my active Quests and Treasure Maps. But my Stuff is okay. is there a way to get my skillpoints back, with a cheat or so?

What guppy said will work, but there's a book in the dev section of the creative menu that gives 10k XP per read, so that should help too. :)

Thanks - I cannot find the PNG for the large, just small and medium, but I see the trend. So am I to understand that to get to wasteland I have to traverse the radiation?

You shouldn't need to go through radiation to get to the wasteland.

ok the game launches but then it starts to initialize the world but sits on loading ui for ages . i waited 10 min and it still hadn't loaded. i dont think it is loading up the game files properly. it frustrating not being able to get this to work.

If it's stuck at "Loading UI" then that means something isn't installed quite right.

If you've got your output_log, I can take a look at it and see what the issue is. It should be in AppData/LocaLow/The Fun Pimps/7 Days to Die. :)

Just a quick note to say I really think you've hit upon something with the latest additions to the mod. Usually by Day 20 or so in vanilla I'm starting to feel so powerful that the game becomes too easy.

That's definitely not the case here. The new 'endgame' elements are a real challenge for high level players (at least for me; I play on survival) and I'm having a blast figuring out how to overcome them. Thanks again for the great content and extending the replay ability of one of my favorite games.

(edit: I also noticed some things in the skill tree were either delayed or nerfed, and I agree that pretty much everything you changed was overpowered, especially if they were taken early).

Edited by senjik (see edit history)

Thank you for making wasteland so dangerous,it's amazing how unique this biome is/feels now.

Took a bike(for safety) for a quick look there,got chased by some very fast freak,panicked and rammed street lamp or something,died,lost all my hard collected gear(Survivalist,delete loot on death),it's amazing!

Don't stop with these awesome ideas,your mod is very ineresting.