Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

The perks, how do I go about unlocking more of them for purchase?

I only have three or so perks unlocked and bought, plus some magazine-only ones.

Haven't played 7 days since A15 so I don't remember(unless its something new).

Thanks.

Edit: Silly me. All I had to do was hover over the buy button to see the requirements.

Edited by bfnoDaniel (see edit history)

I've been having the same problem with my vehicles taking too much damage. The GNX especially seems bad. I'm not sure what causes it.

I'm gonna give them all a pass later and see if I can work out what's going on with that nonsense. Worse case I'll just give them a health increase to try and even things out a little. :)

Hey there, i recently got to unlock the "future is now" and used a syringe to gain the "GottaGoFast" bio boost skill.

Since you said we could only use either the bio or tech boosts i ended up playing test candidate for my friends to see what happens if i use a syringe of the other "skillTechBoosts".

Well, with one point in "GottaGoFast", i used a "AcceleratedHealing" and it told me i now had 1 point in the tech boosts.

I checked in the skills to find that the 1 point i previously had in "GottaGoFast" was now red, while "AcceleratedHealing" was active and 1 point representing it's level.

Ok, i thought maybe it's just switching between them by activating the last tree you used a syringe from, BUT nope.

Here the bummer, i used "EnhancedImmuneSystem" syringe of the first tech tree to hopefully activate the "GottaGoFast" again and had to find out, that that did use up the syringe and add a "red" point in the bio tree under the used "EnhancedImmuneSystem".

It did not change back and i was stuck with only being able to use the tech tree.

Conclusion, yes, you can only use one, but the fact that it does allow a one time change without going back option should be made known.

In that regard, i wonder if it would be possible to trigger something like max level reached for books, where further usage of a maxed out skill book does not consume the book and gives a feedback.

That would save curious players like me, maybe others, from being stuck in the exact wrong "future is now" sub-tree ;)

Looking forward to the future of the DF overhaul .. no pun intended :p

Interesting. Ok, so I tried to build in some requirements so if you had learnt one tree, you either shouldn't be able to unlock the other, or you CAN but it's disabled and your original tree should be fine.

So it sounds like that's not working properly. I shall take a look. Thanks for letting me know. :)

The perks, how do I go about unlocking more of them for purchase?

I only have three or so perks unlocked and bought, plus some magazine-only ones.

Haven't played 7 days since A15 so I don't remember(unless its something new).

Thanks.

Edit: Silly me. All I had to do was hover over the buy button to see the requirements.

Yep. You can hover over the lock icons to see what later levels need too. :) Let me know if you see any missing.

I'll check locally... not sure why it's doing that because you clearly have everything unlocked and the code is correct...

Since it's showing a hammer icon instead of a perk icon, my ASSUMPTION is you need to be in the correct workbench for it to display properly, but I will poke it.

Thank you.

At workstations it shows the same, a greyed out hammer and "You don't know the required recipe".

The same thing is also true for the 4x4, although its parts are craftable - could that perhaps mean that the vanilla requirement of lv80 for crafting cars is still in place somewhere? I'm at lv66 with this one at the moment.

If there are any files or info I could provide to help reproduce it, let me know :)

Edit: I think I've found the culprit:

<effect_group>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1" value="1" tags="vehicleMotorcycleChassis,vehicleMotorcycleHandlebars,vehicle4x4TruckChassis,vehicle4x4TruckAccessories,HDHQMonsterUteChassis,HDHQMonsterUteAccessories,HDHQMonsterCarChassis,HDHQMonsterCarAccessories,HDHQSchoolBusChassis,HDHQSchoolBusAccessories,HDHQAPCChassis,HDHQAPCAccessories"><!--Attribute "tags" replaced by: "HDHQVehicles-DF"--></passive_effect>
		<effect_description level="1" desc_key="perkMasterMechanicRank1Desc" />
	</effect_group>

Edit 2: Yes, removing "HDHQVehicles-DF" solved the issue. Guess that modlet isn't compatible with 2.11 yet, it would probably be a good idea to add an asterisk to the "Compatible Mods" regarding this.

Edited by HyperJuni (see edit history)

hey bud, not sure if you have covered this already but --

when i craft batteries, they craft at a 1 quality. I am not sure what perk governs them but my wife has a 5 in all crafting perks and it is still a 1. Are we missing something or is it possibly a bug?

2 every now and then one of my advanced forges will catch fire and will not be usable anymore. We have to break it and build a new one and lose all the material that is inside. we have tried to repair it with a wrench, steel wrench, nail-gun, and a hammer but it will not repair.

3 when upgrading our base, after upgrading blocks from concrete to steel, then to polished steel; i cannot upgrade to titanium. i have the forged ingots in my inventory but when i right-click, it shows that i am missing the required material.

Thank you.

At workstations it shows the same, a greyed out hammer and "You don't know the required recipe".

The same thing is also true for the 4x4, although its parts are craftable - could that perhaps mean that the vanilla requirement of lv80 for crafting cars is still in place somewhere? I'm at lv66 with this one at the moment.

If there are any files or info I could provide to help reproduce it, let me know :)

Edit: I think I've found the culprit:

<effect_group>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1" value="1" tags="vehicleMotorcycleChassis,vehicleMotorcycleHandlebars,vehicle4x4TruckChassis,vehicle4x4TruckAccessories,HDHQMonsterUteChassis,HDHQMonsterUteAccessories,HDHQMonsterCarChassis,HDHQMonsterCarAccessories,HDHQSchoolBusChassis,HDHQSchoolBusAccessories,HDHQAPCChassis,HDHQAPCAccessories"><!--Attribute "tags" replaced by: "HDHQVehicles-DF"--></passive_effect>
		<effect_description level="1" desc_key="perkMasterMechanicRank1Desc" />
	</effect_group>

Edit 2: Yes, removing "HDHQVehicles-DF" solved the issue. Guess that modlet isn't compatible with 2.11 yet, it would probably be a good idea to add an asterisk to the "Compatible Mods" regarding this.

Ahhhhh, that'd explain it. :) Mention it to Dust2Death. He's really good on updating his modlets.

hey bud, not sure if you have covered this already but --

when i craft batteries, they craft at a 1 quality. I am not sure what perk governs them but my wife has a 5 in all crafting perks and it is still a 1. Are we missing something or is it possibly a bug?

2 every now and then one of my advanced forges will catch fire and will not be usable anymore. We have to break it and build a new one and lose all the material that is inside. we have tried to repair it with a wrench, steel wrench, nail-gun, and a hammer but it will not repair.

3 when upgrading our base, after upgrading blocks from concrete to steel, then to polished steel; i cannot upgrade to titanium. i have the forged ingots in my inventory but when i right-click, it shows that i am missing the required material.

1) Should be science crafting that levels batteries as of 2.11. Will double check it.

2) I... actually haven't seen that before. I'm actually playing the mod for once, instead of just testing, so I'll see if I can reproduce it. :)

3) Need a titanium clawhammer to use forged titanium.

awesome, thank you sir. upgrades work great. If you try to duplicate my issue with the forge, my wife and i usually have 6 forges. one for brass and lead, one for iron and steel, titanium, bulletproof glass, cement, and overflow. i dont know if the cluster of them in a small location could be a factor.

On a side note, when mining for titanium, we come across a lot or stone...A LOT. is there a way to add a recipe that might make use of it? Maybe another tier of cement or possible a bulk recipe that would use an entire stack of stone, sand, and cement at once. Like instead of a cement mixer, we could build a cement truck that uses full stacks only? I don't know.

Also, mining stone is giving a lot more experience than mining titanium. Is this intended?

I could look into some kind of industrial cement mixer to use a full stack of stone/sand and mass produce cement. That's not a bad idea tbh. :)

I'd probably make that Laborer only though just as an incentive for the glass.

Stone giving more xp than titanium is NOT intended, so thanks for the heads up. I shall poke the materials file later to fix that.

I crashed the game because of a collapse of the library building, how can I restart that area of the map?

What guppy said. :)

I'm playing Navezgane, am I missing out on some of the features(POIs)?

I only saw a couple of days ago that there was a DF map.

Yes, you'll be missing the demon portals and the two bunkers.

What guppy said. :)

Yes, you'll be missing the demon portals and the two bunkers.

Thanks for the reply. I guess the keycards I found are irrelevant now. Until I switch maps :-)

Not without some serious C# nonsense. They technically all have their own inventories, like chests do.

Figured as much, but had to ask!

Hello KhaineGB,

Great mod,played it in a17.2(left it bcz behemoth were not working at that time,spike bugged and were removed,got bored),was playing it with good fps,but installed it again in a17.4,wanted to check changes but game lag like hell now,even tho vanilla now run far better than a17.2.Fps in open are ok,but when i get near trader or any house,they went extremely low.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28602[/ATTACH]

Started a new Random Gen World in 17.4 (v2.11), and 2/3 of the map is Radiation Biome. Even when I leave and go to the Desert and Forest I still get Radiation Warning Bluff. Not really a complaint, because it makes the game super fun, but is this a weird glitch or planned?

1578146649_Screenshot2019-06-047daystodie.thumb.jpg.8290a8f9e335ca5910044c472226d370.jpg

Wait, what? "demon portals?" i cannot even find the military bases, lol. on a side note, about the idea of an Industrial Mixer for using up some of our bulk stone and what not--along with making that a Mastery Laborer recipe, could you make it a combination of needing the Laborer AND Mechanic mastery? I think that would be cool to require people to cross-class for different things. Like needing science AND farming to make supercorn seeds (and maybe add a couple food recipes that need supercorn) or Survival AND Hunter to make camo mods that let you hide better or Security and Civilian that could add a small minimap in the corner or something. Maybe Security and Hunter to make a sniper turret. Anyway, thanks again for the awesome mod

So I switched over to DF Medium. Is there any way to transfer my other character, without using console commands?

I tried copying over the player data, but when I logged in I started fresh every time.

Also, when I switched to DF-Med my dedicated server crashes after 4-5 minutes.

I did everything right and the serverlog doesn't show anything special.

Any ideas? All I did after spawning in was give myself some xp(to get my old lvl back).

I've been playing with the Farmer class and am running into issues with the tame animals. I'm able to spawn in cows, pigs, and wolves using the occasionally dropped booklets for them. However, beyond them breeding, I can't seem to do anything else with them. Everything I've tried to do for harvesting just makes them explode and disappear and I get nothing from it. I thought the entire point of this feature was to provide a reliable source of meat (from cows and pigs), but nothing I've tried seems to work. Is this a glitch, or am I missing something?