Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hi Khaine,

I took the Survivor Eve quest, finished it, but pretty sure she died from zombie attacks. So She spawend some where else. I get pointed to a different rally point than where she is. So I abandoned the quest, when I was at her new location because she wouldn't acknowledge I did the quest. So took it again. But the old Rally point is still there. It doesn't want to go away. Anything I can do about this?

17.4 stable.

Also, asking for a friend, ;) is there any way to play without Compo pack? It just makes the game far to easy.

Thanks

Honest answer, no idea on eve and her marker. I'd remove the quest, kill the entity, log out, back in and then see if you can find a new one.

I'll look at increasing her health so she won't die as easy. She already has despawn protection turned on.

No there is no way to play without the compo pack since it's built into the mixer, not a modlet.

Just tried to log into my current game and received the error: networkinformationexception: the filename is too long

i haven't done anything on the machine, don't have the auto download updates to Mod Launcher turned on. Not sure what is happening. I am able to start a fresh game, so it appears

It's weird too because i didn't play with anything. literally turned on the machine, fired it up and loaded and BAMM ;P

I wonder if it's something daft like the save game name folder being too long...

Hi, where can I find myself a sewing kit? I know you get weilding torch from working stiff crates, but I cannot find the sewing kits.

Off the top of my head, before I go digging in the files, nightstands and suitcases have been where I usually find them.

Considering adding them to purses.

So I found a wasteland biome - it was very empty. I did not see any mobs hinted at earlier in the thread.

Separate: I got a quest called "The Reward" that had me go to an underground bunker with indestructible walls. There were an inordinate number of zeds there - so many my FPS dropped to single digits. I had to leave and fail the quest. Where can I pick up this quest again?

Next questions:

1. Lathe - have yet to find it and I cannot make guns because I lack it. Where?

2. Research Notes - I assume I need these to unlock Future Tech but I have only found 1 - how many do I need and what POI is a good source for farming them?

Edited by Loftus (see edit history)

Greetings all.

Loving the mod and making every attempt to get friends to join. Hitting a wall with that though...

Getting my brother to mod his game now, but there is an issue with getting his pc to accept the game invite. He reinstalled steam and the mod launcher. But the game still crashes every time. Literally drops him out of 7DTD.

Ideas? Tips?

*** I should add that he can start his own game with out any problems. But joining mine causes the game to crash.***

Edited by Obuthan (see edit history)

KhaineGB, i know this is minor but every time I log on and loot a bird's nest and it has an egg. The journal pops up and tells me about animal husbandry. The last 20 or so entries has been about that. minor but getting annoying. ONLY when you start up a game though.

So I found a wasteland biome - it was very empty. I did not see any mobs hinted at earlier in the thread.

Separate: I got a quest called "The Reward" that had me go to an underground bunker with indestructible walls. There were an inordinate number of zeds there - so many my FPS dropped to single digits. I had to leave and fail the quest. Where can I pick up this quest again?

Next questions:

1. Lathe - have yet to find it and I cannot make guns because I lack it. Where?

2. Research Notes - I assume I need these to unlock Future Tech but I have only found 1 - how many do I need and what POI is a good source for farming them?

You'd need to find Eve again to re-do the quest.

It's mostly to help you find the bunker though. I'm going to be giving that bunker another pass to help with the zombies.

You can make guns without the Lathe. It's only for making gun PARTS. Right now it only spawns in Behemoth loot and Air drops since it was way, way too common.

Look up "The Future is Now" book in your recipes. I think it's 10, but that'll tell you for sure. Bunkers, feral hazmat and feral lab zombies drop them. :)

Greetings all.

Loving the mod and making every attempt to get friends to join. Hitting a wall with that though...

Getting my brother to mod his game now, but there is an issue with getting his pc to accept the game invite. He reinstalled steam and the mod launcher. But the game still crashes every time. Literally drops him out of 7DTD.

Ideas? Tips?

*** I should add that he can start his own game with out any problems. But joining mine causes the game to crash.***

How much RAM does he have and what world size are you using? I'm hearing folks having issues with 8GB RAM and 8k maps on multiplayer, but 6k map and MP works fine.

KhaineGB, i know this is minor but every time I log on and loot a bird's nest and it has an egg. The journal pops up and tells me about animal husbandry. The last 20 or so entries has been about that. minor but getting annoying. ONLY when you start up a game though.

It's because it doesn't save it properly. Not sure why. May remove that from the eggs tbh.

Just a quick note.

Added an edited version of Navezgane to the mod via Gitlab.

• Added 1 big bunker.
  • Added 3 small bunkers.
  • Added Trader Caitlin.
  • Removed the VANILLA rad biome. Replaced it with mine.

I figure this should help out server owners and folks with limited RAM. :) The world is called DFalls-Navezgane so I'm not overwriting the vanilla one in any way to prevent possible issues.

Hi, if I playing with a random map and DF and finding little teclab's in the burned forest there are infinite spawning zombies inside.

If I compare it with the DF-Maps ( I played small and medium) the small teclabs where empty and zombies only spawned if I trigger it via the body bags.

Is that a bug in random maps? What is your experience?

That's how they're supposed to be.

They spawn until the body bags are destoyed when the player gets close enough.

Ok, I my case all zombies are already spawned, of all about 5 body bags at once. And if you "killall" them they immediately spawn again. So you can't defeat them. There are about 30 of them all the time. No chance to come ever through the entrance.

In your maps it was different. They only spawn if you trigger one of the body bags.

new to the mod, loving it by the way was getting kinda bored with the normal 7d2d. Anyways i saw when going through the perks there were 9mm JHP along with other ammo. How do you craft that type ammo? (inculded photo of the perk)JHP.jpg.de27e73dd6d698ae6a74715119002251.jpg

new to the mod, loving it by the way was getting kinda bored with the normal 7d2d. Anyways i saw when going through the perks there were 9mm JHP along with other ammo. How do you craft that type ammo? (inculded photo of the perk)[ATTACH=CONFIG]28685[/ATTACH]

You can't right now.

Finished that ammo on my local copy within the past couple of days. It's working well, finally. :)

I got killed and my backpack clipped tru the ground.

Is there a qay to get the initial book back?

Use creative mode and grab a Blank Class Book.

- - - Updated - - -

Just started a new game using DF-medium map. Original generation crashed just before loading character in.

On re-load, I spawned with no beginner items for class selection, etc.

Bug?

Yes but that's more of a vanilla 7DTD problem. Basically you didn't finish loading in properly so it skipped the "grant items to a new player" phase.

You can get them from the creative menu if you want. 1 small backpack, 2 blank class books (for SP), 1 claim block.

Has anyone else run into the odd glitch when pressing/holding آ‘Eآ’ to access a gun turret?

Iآ’ve tried several times to enter the turret inventory, and ended up having my character punch/hack/damage the turret.

Then you need to repair it before taking it.

Just tried to log into my current game and received the error: networkinformationexception: the filename is too long

i haven't done anything on the machine, don't have the auto download updates to Mod Launcher turned on. Not sure what is happening. I am able to start a fresh game, so it appears

had this problem too. you have to start the game new (a few times) and it will work again (no idea where it comes from)