Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

One thing we saw a lot of when messing with the archetypes is that when you have a large number of different textures on the screen, gpu's will simply not load any more; now I haven't had the chance to play this mod yet but assuming it brings as many new assets (and textures) as I'm hearing it does, it is possible it isn't a mod issue, just an overall limitation on the gpu's (doesn't matter of it's a 1080tixgpuqrstuv, at some point there is a limit), and I think it would be wise to, for those experiencing pink textures, to at least TRY to set their textures to 1/2 or 1/4 to see if it resolves the problem. It may help differentiate between an issue and an ISSUE.

Just guessing.

One thing we saw a lot of when messing with the archetypes is that when you have a large number of different textures on the screen, gpu's will simply not load any more; now I haven't had the chance to play this mod yet but assuming it brings as many new assets (and textures) as I'm hearing it does, it is possible it isn't a mod issue, just an overall limitation on the gpu's (doesn't matter of it's a 1080tixgpuqrstuv, at some point there is a limit), and I think it would be wise to, for those experiencing pink textures, to at least TRY to set their textures to 1/2 or 1/4 to see if it resolves the problem. It may help differentiate between an issue and an ISSUE.

Just guessing.

I suspect you are right. But there are SO many great UMA zombies in the Bad Company pack sir. I can not pick and choose. If they ever remove the UMA completely I will be VERY sad. That coupled with SDX textures I'm sure could be causing this issue. Nevertheless I'm still trying to repro just in case.

The missing shader messages are supposedly harmless, but who knows... now I'm thinking it's a glcore thing. I know my card has run out before when using uh... excessive amounts of textures, but that may just be the sheer number of playthings I like to see on one screen. I'm not sure how many Jax has in this pack, but I have hundreds.

Thanks to BMT and Jax I got the server running this weekend! This mod is awesome! It really scared the [poop] out of me when something was talking to me at night time. Wasn't expecting that lol. Just a handful of issues so far:

I was on playing last night and when my double barrel shotgun broke, it would not repair correctly. The quality moved from 250 down to 238 as if i repaired it but it still remained broken.

I did also have some FPS issues intermittently that involved alt-tabbing. I was running the game fine at 80 frames give or take but after I alt-tabbed and came back into the game it would drop and stay down at 22 FPS. I didn't think at the time to check cpu/gpu utilization, if I have this again I'll report back with more info.

i just ran new vanilla game, and the log shows messages (and has for a long time i think) about missing/unsupported shaders, are you sure it's not that?

the glcore thing, i guess that's on the actual game launcher, not the mod launcher?

Not sure if it is a bug, but I noticed that there was no skill exp gain on cooking while using the advanced campfire. If it is intended, what would the best way be to level the skill up, without using skill points that is.

That is going to be a part of the new progression file which most likely will cause people to have to start fresh with 2.0

I removed the campfire requirement and now you just purchase cooking skill points.

Modding a third party server

Hello everybody! I recently bought a third-party server on game servers.com. They’re asking for a dedicated server file to install this mod. I’m very new to this. I don’t understand what they’re asking. Can anybody point me in the right direction or give me the file that I should be giving to them? I would love to play test this mod and stream it!

The Halipad was broken but was fixed in 1.09. Server files do need to be updated as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello everybody! I recently bought a third-party server on game servers.com. They’re asking for a dedicated server file to install this mod. I’m very new to this. I don’t understand what they’re asking. Can anybody point me in the right direction or give me the file that I should be giving to them? I would love to play test this mod and stream it!

You should find a folder labelled as server_data in your install folder of the version you are playing. Those are the dedicated server dlls. Although it appears I will have to add all the versions to the Launcher when it comes to dedicated servers

Turkeyvolume post has reminded me that in quests.xml you don't get Exp for '5 skill points' read in skill5 but you do for skill1 (300), and skill3 (1000). And just above this, for survivorNotes you get 300 exp but none for survivorNoteCollection. Just pointing this out.

Edit: "quest_ZombieSlayer05" also doesn't give xp

Edited by SMiThaYe (see edit history)

The Halipad was broken but was fixed in 1.09. Server files do need to be updated as well.

- - - Updated - - -

You should find a folder labelled as server_data in your install folder of the version you are playing. Those are the dedicated server dlls. Although it appears I will have to add all the versions to the Launcher when it comes to dedicated servers

My server is on 1.09 i cant place down a hali crate. Also can the drones fly through blocks? For example i put the heli crate inside my base will the drone fly thru the wall and place box inside?

Also the Tailor Station and Advanced Workbench still cant place on wall it sits 1 block off wall, the Adv Workbench can be flipped to be on wall since both sides look the same but the tailor station when u flip it cannot.

Turkeyvolume post has reminded me that in quests.xml you don't get Exp for '5 skill points' read in skill5 but you do for skill1 (300), and skill3 (1000). And just above this, for survivorNotes you get 300 exp but none for survivorNoteCollection. Just pointing this out.

Edit: "quest_ZombieSlayer05" also doesn't give xp

Thank you for spotting that fixed for next update

i just ran new vanilla game, and the log shows messages (and has for a long time i think) about missing/unsupported shaders, are you sure it's not that?

Vanilla doesn't have as many warnings. Could be a red-hearing indeed. Was just comparing output between default and -force-glcore runs. The default looks much brighter and seems to be missing some atmospheric effects. Forced GLCore (OpenGL renderer with support for new features) looks much better, but much darker, especially at night.

the glcore thing, i guess that's on the actual game launcher, not the mod launcher?

Yes, the game launcher. Mod launcher being a windows program doesn't work on Linux.

For anyone using Linux I have zero knowledge of anything having to do with that. I have never used it nor have any experience with it. The mod was developed using Unity on a windows PC, therefore I wish I could be of help to those users, but unless someone with knowledge can step forward and help with that PLEASE do not report texture bugs etc on a Linux machine. It can possibly take time away from searching out other bugs. I have no idea if my mod is compatible with Linux or the effects this mod can have on a Linux machine. If there are bugs on Linux there will be no fixes on my end incoming for them.

Install without copying 4 gigs of data?

Is there anyway to install this on a dedicated server WITHOUT the need to install 3 programs AND upload 4 gigs of data to a host?

Quite excessive amount of stuff to do to install on a host :(

Where can I get JUST the server files?

Is there anyway to install this on a dedicated server WITHOUT the need to install 3 programs AND upload 4 gigs of data to a host?

Quite excessive amount of stuff to do to install on a host :(

Where can I get JUST the server files?

I assume that you are installing the game to play yourself. Why would you need to install another 4 gigs? You have the files you need to run the server already, all you need to do is use the 7DaystoDieServer_Data folder on you server rather than the 7DaystoDie_Data folder which is used for single player only.

I assume that you are installing the game to play yourself. Why would you need to install another 4 gigs? You have the files you need to run the server already, all you need to do is use the 7DaystoDieServer_Data folder on you server rather than the 7DaystoDie_Data folder which is used for single player only.

I'm going to take a stab at what TheShave is saying. If you use the launcher to get the files. It creates a a folder with all the files in it, both the mod files and the base game files. So if you want to copy those files from your local system to a remote server host, you have to separate out the modded files from the base game files to avoid uploading the vanilla files to the server as well. If that's the case, it would be a huge PITA.

I'm going to take a stab at what TheShave is saying. If you use the launcher to get the files. It creates a a folder with all the files in it, both the mod files and the base game files. So if you want to copy those files from your local system to a remote server host, you have to separate out the modded files from the base game files to avoid uploading the vanilla files to the server as well. If that's the case, it would be a huge PITA.

You should be able to go into TempMods, and copy the 7DaysToDieServer_Data, Mods, and Data folder, and just upload that to the dedicated.

The 7DaysToDie_Data can be safely ignored for the server.

Unfortunately, the Mods folder is the biggest, and is required for both server and client, afaik.

Sorry if this is a double post, I dont see (maybe lag) my reply atm.

Yes pretty much what I wanted to do was weed out only the files used for the server, having to upload those 3 folders will take waaaay too much time (4 gigs from what i saw) and ADD will kill me (jk) by then :)