Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

I'm very angry !!!! Yesterday after being for more than 10 hours doing my base underground. I went to the city for materials and when I returned my base was not there. It is as if I had never been. It has already happened 2 times .....

Note:

This has only happened to me when I have wandered far from my base. It's like the game respawn the ground again

There is a bug in vanilla that random game chunks seem to get reset. It's a terrible feeling to have one's base disappear, and I'm sorry you had to experience it. It has happened to many people in the past.

Logs would be helpful, but this doesnt sound like an issue with the mod since I have not updated anything since Monday afternoon. I have been working on 2.0.

A pop-up red console will be fixed in the new version? A similar problem was in << Val +SDX With Npc and bandits >> If the NPC approaches the trading area, an error pops up.

Man I've never heard of that chunk reset bug before, that's messed up :( If you are running a server 7D2D RAT has an automatic backup to help with that situation. Not sure if there are any programs that backup your single player worlds for you. You could always manually do it every day?

A pop-up red console will be fixed in the new version? A similar problem was in << Val +SDX With Npc and bandits >> If the NPC approaches the trading area, an error pops up.

Does this occur in our mod? We are using different bandits. We have not seen one of these errors yet but if anyone has please let me know.

Looks like 2.0 is coming tomorrow. Some more bug testing today and then Release first thing I wake up so I can be awake all day to catch ANY remaining issues. This one changes some things so prepare for a LONG set of patch notes ;) I am very proud of what fixing bugs has led me to in terms of additions and balances and I think you guys will like it as well.

Does this occur in our mod? We are using different bandits. We have not seen one of these errors yet but if anyone has please let me know..

Perhaps NPC shoots into the trading area, which causes an error. Once this happened when approaching the trader. What would the console no longer open, I had to run away and press <ESC> in parallel. The second time I was inside the trade zone, and a bandit passed by. He swore and shot at the zombies. The red console ceased to open after the zombie killed the bandit.

A MP fix

You can fix this on Dedi by taking out the area protect in the trader prefabs. Doesent seem to negativley affect traders. doesnt work for SP for some reason.

Looks like 2.0 is coming tomorrow. Some more bug testing today and then Release first thing I wake up so I can be awake all day to catch ANY remaining issues. This one changes some things so prepare for a LONG set of patch notes ;) I am very proud of what fixing bugs has led me to in terms of additions and balances and I think you guys will like it as well.

Appreciate all the work and time you spend on this, not only to move the mod forward, but to share with us, too.

So, Thank You. Have been playing this mod while I wait for Alpha 17 to come out. ( Been enjoying the Bows class ).

Appreciate all the work and time you spend on this, not only to move the mod forward, but to share with us, too.

So, Thank You. Have been playing this mod while I wait for Alpha 17 to come out. ( Been enjoying the Bows class ).

Thank you. This mod is definitely a work of love for me. It was designed for my server and our community over a period of time and feedback and we thought why not give everyone a chance to have at it as well. I'm glad we made this decision because not only has it been amazing in terms of seeing people play and enjoy it but it has renewed my passion for tweaking and coming up with some new ideas.

I am very glad that people are enjoying it. I look forward to everyones opinion on 2.0.

I will wait for the new update and make a new base. But if it happens again ... I'll leave the mod forever. I had never happened to other mods.

Even so the mod I have it installed in clean, that is:

erase everything and install the game, open the launcher and click on play mod. Maybe I should take some more steps?

I will wait for the new update and make a new base. But if it happens again ... I'll leave the mod forever. I had never happened to other mods.

Even so the mod I have it installed in clean, that is:

erase everything and install the game, open the launcher and click on play mod. Maybe I should take some more steps?

Those steps are correct. I understand your frustration with the bug.

Step one: Realize not every bad thing that happens when running a mod is because of the mod, especially when other people report it happening in vanilla, too.

The actual reason is inadequate server hardware, but no one wants the truth. Might be the mod is too taxing on your server, causing chunk issues, which correct themselves by resetting.

/no sarcasm

I do not say that it is the mod's fault, but it is true that I have played other mods and it is the first time that happens to me.

I only explain what has happened to me because another person can have the same

and if I complain is because the mod I like a lot and I want to play it until the end. If I do not just uninstall it and say nothing around here.

Jax is doing a great job and I hope he continues as he has :)

Edited by klomer (see edit history)

dll fix

I'm playing in SP. Is there a solution for this mode?

There is a calling in the dll for tradres npc and bandit entity its tied to that. Im ♥♥♥♥ on UABE, but when I learn that I;ll do a lot more.

However for those that are good at UABE then they can find it in the dll and have the game stop pinging the EntityNPC, etc.

You might also be able to do it with out a dll fix but on a limited basis, try added one NPC at a time in the NPC xml listed like the traders and start the game eact time, with what ever faction, I set my bandits and trader to be nuetral to eachother to prevent them from trying to move toward or attack one another.

I stole your crowbar and grenade and put it in mine. I have my own grenade prefab but being lazy as the last three weeks ave been updating and cleaning the xml to the point I scrwed it all up and had to rebuild from scratch, cheers. Gave you cred for it to in the forum

- - - Updated - - -

PLEASE tell me if you remove trader protection they up and leave. That would be a hilarious and fitting side effect.

they spawn in there building and are behind obstacles. so they stay put, at least I have hade no issues on that front and the trader post is still invinceable

I stole your crowbar and grenade and put it in mine. I have my own grenade prefab but being lazy as the last three weeks ave been updating and cleaning the xml to the point I scrwed it all up and had to rebuild from scratch, cheers. Gave you cred for it to in the forum

- - - Updated - - -

they spawn in there building and are behind obstacles. so they stay put, at least I have hade no issues on that front and the trader post is still invinceable

Haha steal whatever you want. If not for all of us being open we all probably wouldn't be here today :)

That goes to anyone, do what you please with whatever you want. All I ask for is a shout out, and not even a specific one just a "Thanks to Jax for being super awesome and all" lol

I look forward to what people can do with everything.

For those having the issues mentioned above I am very sorry. I know the mod can be quite taxing, and may be causing issues with saves etc. Unfortunately it is the dirty road we go down with older Unity and modding SDX. Normal xml only mods may not see this type of crashing and bugs since it is far less strenuous on systems. There can be unforeseen issues. Hopefully when new Unity is enabled in the future we get even better optimization for these types of mods.