Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

It doesn't look like there is a way to disable console popups. I've been searching all over and all i seem to get are half-sarcastic responses (gotta love them friendly peeps on steam discussions) from people saying "update and/or start a new world" but they are referring to a previous vanilla alpha update that caused the popups to happen. Doesn't seem to be any command or option to disable it completely, sorry :(

Edited by BMT (see edit history)

Hi Jax - Can you help?

Bought a blue fang server. They are now telling me this.

Brad said:

The links you provided are not a pre-packed release. We will need a pre-pack to be able to add this for you.

Pre-packed mods such as War of the Walkers, Starvation and Valmod are what we normally support as they are already packed and ready to drop in. If you can provide a link to such as pre-built drop in, we can try adding that.

Okay - They just back to me and tried to install. Im getting new error messages though:

Capture.jpg.17df0cd9e782dd34d004064a9658cede.jpg

Edited by Railstin (see edit history)

I've decided to try this out, so I was reading the intro and saw the Bows class and immediately thought: that's the one for me! Then I continued reading and... crossbow? Wait a second! I *hate* the crossbow! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Im going to be releasing pre packaged versions for Bluefang when 2.0 goes live which will be this morning/few hours

They will be able to install the version you want at that time.

Seriously? I've *just* decided to play this, and there's a new version coming out? I guess I can wait a few more hours...

I've decided to try this out, so I was reading the intro and saw the Bows class and immediately thought: that's the one for me! Then I continued reading and... crossbow? Wait a second! I *hate* the crossbow! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously? I've *just* decided to play this, and there's a new version coming out? I guess I can wait a few more hours...

Yes Im sorry, its been in the works for a few days and makes some improvements on balancing and also some nice bug fixes. Im trying to track down one more nasty bug right now and I will be uploading the new version.

The Launcher Version of Ravenhearst has been updated to 2.0! A reinstall and wipe is recommended with this update so that you dont have any conflicts. There are a lot of balancing changes and additions so lets get to it.

Version: 2.0

-Added Hut to recipe

-Huts can now be repaired and will give back some wood when destroyed

-Traps are now a perk instead of a skill you can level by crafting

-Removed duplicate traps

-Ammo skill is no longer required for purchasing Arrow Crafting

-Bow class now the only class that can make Iron, Steel, Exploding and Fire Arrows

-Cooking is now a perk you can purchase. You no longer have to sit in the campfire to level it.

-Removed Feral Stripper Spawners from the Streamer Only Version

-Removed all strippers from the entityclasses file removing them from being able to be spawned even in creative in Streamer Only Version

-Added The Sword of the Dragoness

-Added Decoration Station. The Decoration Station is where you can craft all the decorative blocks in the game as well as most of the newly added deco items

-Added a craftable Deer Blind. It doesnt have an actual ladder but you can jump up it and use it to snipe zombies.

-Added some new models for things like hamburgers and candy bars (purely Aesthetic)

-Scrapping leather clothing now gives back strips instead of pure leather

-Cleaned up all of the XMLs

-Redid Localization so its cleaner and more items have the proper descriptions

-Lowered Blacksmith Station from Construction Tools 60 to 40

-Added new Medical Box, Coffins, Radio (not working yet) and Fuel Tank for storing fuel

-Added Household Chemicals and Blue Ice recipe. Test it out, see what it does.

-Fixed all Zombie and Military Personnel Names so they can be read easily

-Increased requirements for recipes with Knowledge Points and Weapon Parts to increase difficulty of making those items

-Easter Eggs (not literally) for people to discover and find

-Added sliced raw meat to the game made from raw meat. You can use sliced raw meat to make other meat recipes

-Bacon and Eggs is now made in the Food Prep Table with Fried Eggs and Bacon

-Most raw meat recipes now require sliced raw meat

-Added soda to the game

-Added Box of Nails to the game

-Reduced oil shale amount from mining

-Balanced gas can recipes to not be so OP

-Added Stone Arrow Heads that you craft from rocks to make arrows and bolts

-Added sticks that you get from scrapping wood. Sticks are used for ALL arrows and bolts. 1 wood gives 3 sticks so in effect making arrows and bolts are both easier and make more sense.

-Added Plastic Bottles that can be filled with dirty water. You can use purifying tablets on those bottles to make Purified Water.

-Eating Rotten Flesh can cause infection

-Eating ShamSandwich can cause Food Poisoning

-While searching corpses you can now get dirty. You need to craft a towel with Twine and cloth and soak it in a body of water or a working sink to clean yourself. If you let it go too long there are 2 more stages. Soap will clean the second and the third is only cleansed by a wet soapy towel. If you do not clean off in the time allotted you will become infected. Each stage of Dirtiness increases your smell which will increase your range of alerting zombies. Getting Dirty from looting is a VERy rare chance.

-Gun Classes are now required before you can make any bullets. Any gun class will unlock the ability to make all ammo types

-Farmer Class now gets the ability to craft all seeds exclusively.

-Survivor Class now gets exclusive access to crafting tool parts

-Survivor Class gets exclusive access to crafting Rocket Launcher parts

-Gun Parts, Bow Parts and Tool Parts are now separate crafting skills, unlocked by the appropriate class that you buy perks in to level the crafting quality of the aprt.

-Lowered Clothing/Armor XP needed to level to make levelling it less of a grind

-Raised Barter XP needed slighlty to prevent spam levelling.

-Fishing has been removed completely because at best it was janky and no one seemed to really use it anyway.

-----------------------------------------

We will be adding Dedicated Server DL links very shortly as well as we are proud to announce you can now have Bluefang Install our mod for you! Just use our link on the first post on the first page to sign up for one of the best server experiences with unparallelled access to FTP and security all at a great price!

Enjoy the update and as always there MAY be bugs so if you find any please report them here along with an error log so we can help get it sorted for you. Thank you to everyone who has shown us support via playing, bug testing, streaming and allowing us the pleasure to be a part of your server community.

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

it starts you with xbow, and you unlock more via archery, you can't progress very far with quality OR ammo without the bows class though.

(edit: assuming it's the same in 2.0)

you can unlock as many classes as you like, but it takes some time as you have to acquire knowelege points via scrapping books you don't need, and then combine them later in a research desk.

last time around i went ultimate survivor first, and while it was extremely enjoyable, when i finally got bow class i wanted to cry from relief lol.

The animal hide bellow recipie is still in the game? If not then removing the leather scrapping from clothes makes it more difficult to craft the first forge as it is needed for the bellows.

iirc the drying rack is extremely simple to make :)

Farming class - NullReferenceException

I am using version 2.0 from launcher with auto updates.

When I start with Farming class, I get following error after I read class paper or when I click on farmer class in Quest menu.

Other classes works fine.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RewardSkill.SetupReward () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BaseReward.get_Icon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_QuestRewardEntry.GetBindingValue (System.String& value, .BindingItem binding) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BindingItem.GetValue (Boolean forceAll) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BindingInfo.RefreshValue (Boolean forceAll) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiController.RefreshBindings (Boolean forceAll) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_QuestRewardEntry.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiController.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_QuestRewardList.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_QuestWindowGroup.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (Single updateDeltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A.ME.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.JQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I am using version 2.0 from launcher with auto updates.

When I start with Farming class, I get following error after I read class paper or when I click on farmer class in Quest menu.

Other classes works fine.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RewardSkill.SetupReward () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BaseReward.get_Icon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_QuestRewardEntry.GetBindingValue (System.String& value, .BindingItem binding) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BindingItem.GetValue (Boolean forceAll) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BindingInfo.RefreshValue (Boolean forceAll) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiController.RefreshBindings (Boolean forceAll) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_QuestRewardEntry.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_QuestRewardList.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_QuestWindowGroup.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (Single updateDeltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A.ME.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.JQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm also getting error "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when selecting Farming Class under quests. I received the mortar and pestle, 250 iron garden how and 10 packets of plant seeds when reading the class paper. Under skills the Farmingclass shows 0/1 and the farming skills is greyed out. Unable to craft any seeds in the mortar and pestle.

-Fishing has been removed completely because at best it was janky and no one seemed to really use it anyway.

Shocked at this, it was a bit janky but I genuinely enjoyed it. I made a fishing spot in our taken-over highrise, with mood lighting and everything, it was very xen :( honestly thought fishing was going to be improved on and made more prevalent, as in an actual alternative to raw meat hunting. If you feel like revisiting this in the future please do, some of us liked it :) I feel like it may have been underused as it didn't pose enough of an advantage over the other cooking options. Maybe if fish gave a new bonus or better wellness? I've also been wanting to suggest dropping wellness gains from lower tiered food such as sugar, as I'm not finding wellness gain to be a challenge.

Thanks for the update anyway, I unfortunately won't be able to comment on it for a while as we've played too much 1.09 and my players dont want a reset xD

Edited by BMT (see edit history)