Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

-Smoking a Joint now slows you down for a few seconds and then makes you hungry.

Now that's realism!

Thanks again, testing 1.07 later tonight, had no issues with a long 1.06 session last night, great work! One of my cowboy players that loves making bases in the wasteland will be glad for this update regarding killing night terrors. Also thank you for the tip on using the favourite button to workaround UI lag, good enough for me :)

So I've been able to get this mod running on my own in single player but I am really struggling to learn how to run it on a server. I have a server running on a separate computer that my friends and I play on privately.

From my understanding I need to install the "Ravenhearst SDX Private server Player download" mod to the server computer. From the new folder that is created from the mod install I am launching the server with the startdedicated.bat. When I sign into the server everything appears to be Vanilla?

Note: I am very new to installing mods and this will be the first one I installed on the server.

Dedicated Servers

Hello i am running your mod on my dedicated machine such a great mod i love it by the way. i used to download the dediated server files from the forums but that is n longer there. with the launcher i am using the launcher now but there no download in the list for a dedicated server download only SP ones and they dont have the 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder in them is it posible to make life easier and have a dedicated server download in the launcher so when there are updates i can just use that on my server.

Thanks

@yallambie: I was just copying new versions downloaded from the launcher into my original dedicated server folder. I assumed that approach would be valid? Seems to be working for my server. I tried it the other way round: moving the server data folder and server exe over from original dedicated folder to the launchers updated folder but the server was hanging on launch and not responding.

Update incase anyone's reading this post: What I was doing here is messy and obsolete, check page 11 for better steps on setting up a server.

Edited by BMT (see edit history)

First off, I'm loving your mod, thank you!

I've been playing the 21 day blood moon (weather disabled) version here and I just hit day 7....and I had a blood moon horde. It didn't seem quite as strong as a typical day 7 though. Is this expected behavior? I'm using the Mod Launcher, and I deleted my files earlier today and picked up the fresh mod files.

Once again, thanks for your hard work!

The research desk and advanced workbench have a space behind and in front which does not allow u to place it along a wall...i dont know if other tables do it also because i don't have them all unlocked but is this intended?

the hitboxes on them were fixed last night, so if you're seeing them line up properly with the bench, you just need to rotate them to have them flat on the wall.

I only skimmed the thread so if I missed it forgive this slightly redundant post.

I usually cook my food and then leave and let it do it's thing and when I need to eat I just click it and eat if from the campfire.

With that in mind on the Advanced campfire I found when I would click and then eat from the food item menu (A Key) I would eat it (animation) but I would not gain anything to my hunger bar. I didn't test all the food since early game but I was eating Scrambled Eggs.

Ate 7 of them till I realized it wasn't filling my hunger bar, was stuck at 58%.

Not a big bug since taking it out and eating from the inventory works just fine.

I've been playing the 21 day blood moon (weather disabled) version here and I just hit day 7....and I had a blood moon horde. It didn't seem quite as strong as a typical day 7 though. Is this expected behavior? I'm using the Mod Launcher, and I deleted my files earlier today and picked up the fresh mod files.

During a normal horde night the game will spawn a horde group and send them to wherever you are. The game also will send any zombies that are already alive in the area to your location as part of the horde night event. The 21 day setup can only stop the horde group from being spawned so you will still get any zombies that are already alive in your area sent to you by the game. So, for example, if your game stage would normally have a horde group spawn size of 50 and you have 10 zombies already alive in the area then instead of getting 60 zombies you'll just see the 10 that are already alive show up to try to kill you. This means that if you want as few zombies to deal with as possible on a non-horde horde night then make sure that during the day you are killing anything that's alive around you to keep the numbers down.

With that in mind on the Advanced campfire I found when I would click and then eat from the food item menu (A Key) I would eat it (animation) but I would not gain anything to my hunger bar. I didn't test all the food since early game but I was eating Scrambled Eggs.

This is a bug with the base game and can affect any mod. There currently isn't anything that the modders can do to work around this. The only current work around is for players to always eat from their toolbelt for a guaranteed proper use of the item. The same thing can sometimes happen when reading books or schematics from inside a bookcase. You can normally put the stuff into your bag and use it from your bag but there is still a chance something will not actually work properly from within the bag. You can normally reduce that fail chance by not moving or doing anything while using an item from within your bag.

Fear, sadly that's a vanilla bug that is worse in mods.

Oh well then I find myself very lucky that this the first time running into this lol.

And @Twitchy Good to know it could happen with books and such I'll have to stop reading from the bookshelves ect...

During a normal horde night the game will spawn a horde group and send them to wherever you are. The game also will send any zombies that are already alive in the area to your location as part of the horde night event. The 21 day setup can only stop the horde group from being spawned so you will still get any zombies that are already alive in your area sent to you by the game. So, for example, if your game stage would normally have a horde group spawn size of 50 and you have 10 zombies already alive in the area then instead of getting 60 zombies you'll just see the 10 that are already alive show up to try to kill you. This means that if you want as few zombies to deal with as possible on a non-horde horde night then make sure that during the day you are killing anything that's alive around you to keep the numbers down.

Gotcha, I kinda thought that was the case as the numbers were pretty low. Thanks a bunch!

So I've been able to get this mod running on my own in single player but I am really struggling to learn how to run it on a server. I have a server running on a separate computer that my friends and I play on privately.

From my understanding I need to install the "Ravenhearst SDX Private server Player download" mod to the server computer. From the new folder that is created from the mod install I am launching the server with the startdedicated.bat. When I sign into the server everything appears to be Vanilla?

Note: I am very new to installing mods and this will be the first one I installed on the server.

The Private Server download is for testing by our testers only. Not your server it isn't kept current and can have incompatibilities. The mod Launcher installs BOTh sp client and server client files to the same folder.

To add this to a server you would go to your install folder and upload these folders from your install folder

7DaystoDieServer_Data

Data

Mods

That's all you need. And it should be up and running. You don't need a separate install or anything, the version you are playing has the proper provided server files in them already.

i have a question, the blacksmith station have the icon the welding torch and tailor station only have sewing kit......ummm i use launcher and play normal, is posible no update the game??? you say is remove from blacksmith station. sorry i confused

is posible loock what version i play in the game? because this is de version 1.07 but i think play old version.

Latest Version: v1.08

Updates

-Removed copyright sounds from Nightmares for proper YouTube uploading from Streamers Only Version

-Added Purified Water recipe

-Fixed Farmer Class Paper from null'ing

-Increased weight of the schematics and books so you get slightly more Knowledge Points from them

-All engines can now be scrapped for car parts. Thebetter the engine the more the car parts you get.

-Incresaed Nail, Twine and Paint counts in loot.

-Removed one part of the recipe from the Halicopter preventing it from being crafted

-Scared Zombie, Curious George, Brute Zombie and Brute Zombie Boss now have chances to drop diamonds, coins, knowledge points, car parts and weapon parts!

Files Affected: Sounds.xml entityclasses.xml (Streamer version only) quests.xml items.xml materials.xml recipes.xml loot.xml

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

When i tried to activate the Farmer class in 1.05 it had errors and is now greyed out in my quest section. It still shows i have not activated the Farmer Class in my skills but when i try and read the paper now it won't let me.

Also where do u find these? I am on day 37 and have never seen these items.

[Q] Teddy Bear - All i can find is Dirty Teddy Bear

[Q] Toilet Paper - All i can find is Old Roll of Toilet Paper

[Q] Playing Cards - I have not found these

One other thing. Are you able to put the version number the server is running under the Ravenhearst Image?

Edited by Ciphas (see edit history)

I found Q-Teddy-bear and Q-Book in cupboard in an ordinary house.

But they are often founded in Tree Stumps than in cupboards.

Blade class issue

Does anyone else have problem with first quest in blade class?

When I craft bone shiv it is not registred as done in quest log.

15 zombie kills with bone shiv are correctly done but the crafting part isn't.

This blocks me from further progress.

I cannot even change the quest objectives in xml because after that game freezes on loading items part and I have to run game again from launcher.

I cannot even change the quest objectives in xml because after that game freezes on loading items part and I have to run game again from launcher.

Did you kill zombies and take bones with shiv from their corpses?

Edited by trambalda (see edit history)

You killed zombies and took bones with shiv from their corpses?

Yes, I did. I tried to start new game few times to see the difference. At firstt, I probably made shiv directly from first bone harvested with hunting knife. In other starts, I tried to get bone with shiv and get more bones before craft.

Interesting is that in first case the quest tracker for bone collection changed to 1/1 and turned green while in second case it went 1/1 but remained red.

The quest requires you to acquire a femur and craft the shiv. It tested ok on my end in version 1.08

The big white Zombie with the gas mask on you see at night....i put 100 rounds of 7.62 into his head at 2x damage for most shots and he still not dead.

There are no head hitboxes or bonuses on added models. I lowered all of their health dramatically. This SHOULD make them easier to kill but still be a challenge. This change will occur in v1.09

When i tried to activate the Farmer class in 1.05 it had errors and is now greyed out in my quest section. It still shows i have not activated the Farmer Class in my skills but when i try and read the paper now it won't let me.

Also where do u find these? I am on day 37 and have never seen these items.

One other thing. Are you able to put the version number the server is running under the Ravenhearst Image?

Farmer Class has been fixed in v1.08. Household Quest Items are found anywhere inside house loot, and can appear in stumbs and coolers and cases. They are intended to be very rare since you can repeat the quests more than once. I will look into adding a version number in the future.

so destroying couches and leather seats doesn't give you leather. why.

because i keep hitting couches and seats and i get nothing at all from them

An oversight. I had them being harvested early and never changed it. In v1.09 releasing tonight it will be fixed.