Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Second issue some people might have is that disabled weather is the default server option as well as 21day blood moons. Where would someone get the files for 7day blood moons and enabled weather. Also, I don't believe that Xtrackings Texture replacement file is needed for the server.

Second issue some people might have is that disabled weather is the default server option as well as 21day blood moons. Where would someone get the files for 7day blood moons and enabled weather. Also, I don't believe that Xtrackings Texture replacement file is needed for the server.

Correct about the Zombie Texture Replacement: No No on the server. You won't be able to boot the server with it applied.

The patch is distributed and patched through the Mod Launcher at run time, so it won't accidentally apply to a server, even if it was accidentally uploaded.

Completed a quest "Feeding the Clubhouse 3/3" for making murky water then making boiled water, got 2 MRE, 2 purified water, and 200 cooking pots. Had to double check quests.xml: <reward type="Item" id="cookingPot" value="200"/>

Also, not sure if something can be done but zombies at night are running around in circles when you hit them with an arrow and continue to do this until morning cos I can't hit them. Took this with good humour and hit 5, watched them for a bit while forged iron was smelting. At 03:55 I went close to one Z and they do go for you but otherwise don't cool off. To repo just wait until after 22:00 and hit them with an arrow, ideally on top of a building.

I'm going to take a stab at what TheShave is saying. If you use the launcher to get the files. It creates a a folder with all the files in it, both the mod files and the base game files. So if you want to copy those files from your local system to a remote server host, you have to separate out the modded files from the base game files to avoid uploading the vanilla files to the server as well. If that's the case, it would be a huge PITA.

But you dont. You need three folders only on your server.

You Need Data/Config

You Need Mods (entire folder and contents)

You Need 7DaystoDieServer_Data

The mod itself is over a gig. There's no way around that. No need to separate anything because you get everything you need in full. The MOST you would need to do is to make sure you do not copy the ENTIRE Data folder, just the Data/Config folder from your install.

I can add links in the launcher but all I would be doing is giving people the same things they are receiving now and making the Launcher links even more confusing for people since we ALREADY have 5 or more links in it now. I would need to maintain at LEAST 4 more links on top of what is already in there. I can do it like I said but I would prefer not to since this no more complicated than setting up a server to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

That is not the default server option. There is no default server option. There is a private whitelisted server option that is for my server, if you want to install to your own server you would choose which version you want on your server and go from there. The Private Server listing has and always will be meant for my Whitelisted members.

Completed a quest "Feeding the Clubhouse 3/3" for making murky water then making boiled water, got 2 MRE, 2 purified water, and 200 cooking pots. Had to double check quests.xml: <reward type="Item" id="cookingPot" value="200"/>

Also, not sure if something can be done but zombies at night are running around in circles when you hit them with an arrow and continue to do this until morning cos I can't hit them. Took this with good humour and hit 5, watched them for a bit while forged iron was smelting. At 03:55 I went close to one Z and they do go for you but otherwise don't cool off. To repo just wait until after 22:00 and hit them with an arrow, ideally on top of a building.

You hit the mother load! You can open a pot store lol. That was an unfortunate holdover from when I gave a tool in the case. Forgot to change it to 1 lol.

But you dont. You need three folders only on your server.

You Need Data/Config

You Need Mods (entire folder and contents)

You Need 7DaystoDieServer_Data

The mod itself is over a gig. There's no way around that. No need to separate anything because you get everything you need in full. The MOST you would need to do is to make sure you do not copy the ENTIRE Data folder, just the Data/Config folder from your install.

I can add links in the launcher but all I would be doing is giving people the same things they are receiving now and making the Launcher links even more confusing for people since we ALREADY have 5 or more links in it now. I would need to maintain at LEAST 4 more links on top of what is already in there. I can do it like I said but I would prefer not to since this no more complicated than setting up a server to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

That is not the default server option. There is no default server option. There is a private whitelisted server option that is for my server, if you want to install to your own server you would choose which version you want on your server and go from there. The Private Server listing has and always will be meant for my Whitelisted members.

I just installed the launcher to check out what TheShave was talking about. I looked over the mod options in the launcher and saw RavenHearst SDX Private Server Player Download Link and figured that was the one people needed for their own private server. Since it was the only one with "Server" in the name. It sounds like I was incorrect, because from what I understand from your last post, that is the link for people who play on your white listed server.

Also, does your mod have custom Prefabs?If so, I think the server would also need those files?

I just installed the launcher to check out what TheShave was talking about. I looked over the mod options in the launcher and saw RavenHearst SDX Private Server Player Download Link and figured that was the one people needed for their own private server. Since it was the only one with "Server" in the name. It sounds like I was incorrect, because from what I understand from your last post, that is the link for people who play on your white listed server.

Also, does your mod have custom Prefabs?If so, I think the server would also need those files?

Yes we initially used the Launcher for only our white list. We have been using it since Sphere invented it. Only recently did I use it to release the entire mod so my players still use that link. I tried to mak eit as clear as I could but I can see how it can be confusing so when we wipe I will rename it to something hopefully clearer.

Yes the prefabs will need to be on the server so I can see that folder being quite big. Using Filezilla to transfer my files i usually check overwrite if file size is diff or date is newer so it will upload only the prefabs I do not have already on th server. I can also see how this could be problematic for people who just copy paste without using a manager. Im probably a bit more advanced in my approach to server managing so I will most likely add links to dedicated server files, but I can not guarantee they will be kept updated as quickly as the Launcher links. Maintaining so many files is just not something I have time for with all my free time going to fixing issues and running my server. But I will do my best.

My suggestion is that people who want to stay absolutely current use spheres method described above or try to find a system that works for you for server installs.

Yes we initially used the Launcher for only our white list. We have been using it since Sphere invented it. Only recently did I use it to release the entire mod so my players still use that link. I tried to mak eit as clear as I could but I can see how it can be confusing so when we wipe I will rename it to something hopefully clearer.

Yes the prefabs will need to be on the server so I can see that folder being quite big. Using Filezilla to transfer my files i usually check overwrite if file size is diff or date is newer so it will upload only the prefabs I do not have already on th server. I can also see how this could be problematic for people who just copy paste without using a manager. Im probably a bit more advanced in my approach to server managing so I will most likely add links to dedicated server files, but I can not guarantee they will be kept updated as quickly as the Launcher links. Maintaining so many files is just not something I have time for with all my free time going to fixing issues and running my server. But I will do my best.

My suggestion is that people who want to stay absolutely current use spheres method described above or try to find a system that works for you for server installs.

I'm not playing 7days currently, been binge watching all of Battlestar Galactica.

As to the mod, Couldn't you just post the link to your main git repo? Since the launcher pulls the files from that, it would be up to date. People would of course have to download Xtrackings Texture mod separately, but everything else should be included in your repo?

I'm not playing 7days currently, been binge watching all of Battlestar Galactica.

As to the mod, Couldn't you just post the link to your main git repo? Since the launcher pulls the files from that, it would be up to date. People would of course have to download Xtrackings Texture mod separately, but everything else should be included in your repo?

Everything IS included. My config for the Launcher points to one main version. Then as each version (disabled weather, 21 day version) is selected it installs those files. Every single version has the server files included. If you are asking about my setup, I have a git for the main version, and then i have separate folders for the files for the disabled weather, 21 day with edited gamestage, server files for the 7 day, server files for the 21 day and the xmls for the streamer version. If I gave you a direct link to the server files they would include ONLY the 7DaystoDieServer_Data folder. I do not have an entire install for each version. The Launcher patches in the correct xmls and dlls for each version. I maintain only one main version, but also have to maintain second and third versions of certain xmls that have to be adjusted for the different settings.

So the main git link would give you the main files, and then several folders full of the other edited files for the various versions. And if people are having trouble with this way, they certainly aren't going to have things cleared up with every version of the mod in one folder.

- - - Updated - - -

Zombies need damage by falling. Every time they fall into the pit, they do not hurt themselves and take away the grace to build the base. I hope this changes soon

Our zombies are headshot damage only. But they DO die to fall damage on spikes. You are going to have to work a bit to get those kills. We are based on traditional zombies and those don't die when they fall off a ledge. But you CAN kill them passively if they fall on to spikes.

Vanilla issue. Zombies are currently near blind and senseless (more so at night) as they stated at the start of A16, while they work on stealth and the AI, hence erratic behaviour when they're hit and can't find out why. similar oddness happens with animals.

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

Feedback on progression: I'd just crafted a Blacksmith Hammer after spending points to unlock it as I'm Construction Tools 40 to later find that to build Blacksmith Station you need to have Construction Tools 60. What level should they be so I can make a quick change, both 40?

Feedback on progression: I'd just crafted a Blacksmith Hammer after spending points to unlock it as I'm Construction Tools 40 to later find that to build Blacksmith Station you need to have Construction Tools 60. What level should they be so I can make a quick change, both 40?

yes, both 40 on the test version.

Edited by sinda
shouldnottypesofast (see edit history)

----

ABOUT THE MOD LAUNCHER

sphereii was nice enough to include a description box to the right when you have a potential download selected.

the descriptions within (for all mods, not just jax's) are very helpful for knowing what you're getting.

ie when you select the file for "private server", the description reads "Files for players of the DONA server".

in all of those descriptions are also working links to relevant github and w/e downloads.

Trying to Use the Mod on a Dedicated Server through Gameservers.com

Hello Everyone,

I admit, I am very much a noob when it comes to modding. I have watched Tex's stream a lot and like the mod from what I can see. I would like to install it and start streaming, however my hosting service is telling me they cant use the mod. This is what they said:

I'm afraid this isn't something we can provide an installation for if it requires a third party program to run. As I had previously mentioned, this appears to be a clientside based mod, which would not work with a dedicated installation.

First - Is this true? If it is, is there a service that someone knows of that I can use to host a modded server?

I tried playing the mod and got bit by a zombie and infected. I tried antibiotics, herbal antibiotics, honey, large mad kit and med bandage, but nothing took it away and I also never regained any health. Is this the way it is supposed to be?

When character gets bit I use first aid bandage, btw you'll see this bite buff count down from 6. You can also use a disinfectant bandage or a first aid kit. Once it progresses you get infected where you take antibiotics or honey to cure it.

When character gets bit I use first aid bandage, btw you'll see this bite buff count down from 6. You can also use a disinfectant bandage or a first aid kit. Once it progresses you get infected where you take antibiotics or honey to cure it.

I did all of that. I initially used a first aid bandage because I didn't notice I was bit. Then I noticed the timer and thought I would die or change to a zombie at the end of the timer. LOL When the timer counted down to zero, it changed to infected. That's when I ate all of the antibiotics, honey and used the large med kit. The infection never went away and I also never regained any of the health I had lost.

I also got bit recently and tried bandage it did nothing and did not stop the bleeding, i used medkit it did nothing and did not stop the bleeding i was just lucky the bleed out ran out before i died. Food that gave health would heal me but nothing med wise.

Also how do you change the text on the custom storage boxes i dont see any options.

I also got bit recently and tried bandage it did nothing and did not stop the bleeding, i used medkit it did nothing and did not stop the bleeding i was just lucky the bleed out ran out before i died. Food that gave health would heal me but nothing med wise.

Also how do you change the text on the custom storage boxes i dont see any options.

The first aid bug I think is in vanilla as well, to work around it put the item in your toolbelt first then use the item.

For the custom boxes, when you open it up there should be a box that opens up on the right side of the screen with an option to change the text on the box.

Looks like this mods already needing an FAQ to reduce repeated queries! Always use medicinal/food/drink items from your toolbelt for best results!

And avoid quick-switching as it cancels the action and consumes the item. Wait for any medical supplies to take effect, ie health to increase, then carry on as normal.