Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Before hitting Play just hit TestMod Sync first!

I have 100mbit connection and it took way more than 15 mins in first time, github is not allways playing nice guy...

thx. I gave it another try and patience was worth it. The download speed was slow but that was definitely limitation on github side.

also thx to sphereii. BTW is there an option to show download status in launcher?

I did this few times already but tried again. Copying only relevant last lines from log.

For how long is it worth to wait? It took 15 minutes so far. My experience is that at this stage nothing happens even if I leave it running for hours.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking for Downloads.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Deleting existing mods...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Deleting existing mods...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download: https://github.com/JaxTeller718/MainVersion/archive/master.zip

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Using Available mirror...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - No previous GIT exists. Cloning entire branch...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Syncing: https://gitlab.com/sphereii/RavenhearstMainVersion.git

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Refreshing Mods for 7 Day Horde Edition

It is a large download. After it's done downloading, it's a 2 gig download, and the API isn't the quickest thing around.

I have a test version that you could try here: https://github.com/SphereII/SDXWorkshop/raw/master/Launcher/SimplifiedGit/ReleaseWithSymbols.zip

Just extract and run it directly. It has a slightly different Git string of commands. You could give it a try and see if it improves the download at all.

- - - Updated - - -

thx. I gave it another try and patience was worth it. The download speed was slow but that was definitely limitation on github side.

also thx to sphereii. BTW is there an option to show download status in launcher?

Unfortunately, there is not download status available :( When the download starts, and even during it, it has no idea how much is left. I'll be looking to revamp the Git hooks, and this will be a feature I'll be looking for.

Unfortunately, there is not download status available :( When the download starts, and even during it, it has no idea how much is left. I'll be looking to revamp the Git hooks, and this will be a feature I'll be looking for.

Could you perhaps have an indicator of how much has been downloaded at least? :) (if we know roughtly how big it is, then seeing how much we have would be a partial progress indicator ;)

Could you perhaps have an indicator of how much has been downloaded at least? :) (if we know roughtly how big it is, then seeing how much we have would be a partial progress indicator ;)

If I can calculate the size, I could do that. The Git API I'm using isn't using any bells or whistles atm. I could do extra checks, but may switch over to Octokit rather than libgit2sharp.

Questions about various things

Is the skill granted by the survivor class "Craftskilltoolparts" supposed to do anything beyond increasing the craft speed? I only ask because you can't repair the actual tool parts "Tool Head: Iron Pickaxe" and they don't have quality.

Is there a reason for having two recipes for the "Ammunition Table", one is significantly cheaper than the other in every aspect, for a mere 43s different craft time (with my current perks at least).

Last question is rhetorical. Are you aware that presently Ravenhearst is probably the best 7d2d mod? Granted that's my opinion, but at the very least it caters to my play style flawlessly for the most part. I do wish the early game grind was a wee bit less.... whack a rock/tree 20,000 times to level sufficiently to get better tools at which point you will do it again. That being said, I read your post about altering progression soon, looking forward to the changes. Delving deep into the abyss and loving it.

Thanks for everything,

Mez

I have a question. I have a bug in my game. In my skills bar it show 4x weapons smithing and 4x tools smithing..did someone know this issues ?

Are you using another language? Unfortunately my only skill in ;language is English and I have no one who can convert for me :(

- - - Updated - - -

Is the skill granted by the survivor class "Craftskilltoolparts" supposed to do anything beyond increasing the craft speed? I only ask because you can't repair the actual tool parts "Tool Head: Iron Pickaxe" and they don't have quality.

Is there a reason for having two recipes for the "Ammunition Table", one is significantly cheaper than the other in every aspect, for a mere 43s different craft time (with my current perks at least).

Last question is rhetorical. Are you aware that presently Ravenhearst is probably the best 7d2d mod? Granted that's my opinion, but at the very least it caters to my play style flawlessly for the most part. I do wish the early game grind was a wee bit less.... whack a rock/tree 20,000 times to level sufficiently to get better tools at which point you will do it again. That being said, I read your post about altering progression soon, looking forward to the changes. Delving deep into the abyss and loving it.

Thanks for everything,

Mez

Thank you Mez, words like this inspire me to create more. I am very happy that you are enjoying it.

The craft tool parts skill is mainly used to impact the speed and quality of the tool parts like chainsaw blade and auger parts etc. It does not have an impact on your normal tools or the heads. The double ammo table is most likely an oversight I will correct that in the next patch.

Keep enjoying and keep leaving as much feedback as you can. The more feedback i get the better the mod will become.

Are you using another language? Unfortunately my only skill in ;language is English and I have no one who can convert for me :(

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Mez, words like this inspire me to create more. I am very happy that you are enjoying it.

The craft tool parts skill is mainly used to impact the speed and quality of the tool parts like chainsaw blade and auger parts etc. It does not have an impact on your normal tools or the heads. The double ammo table is most likely an oversight I will correct that in the next patch.

Keep enjoying and keep leaving as much feedback as you can. The more feedback i get the better the mod will become.

NP! Btw, I had a post like 2-3 posts before that one that had to wait for admin approval so it popped up late, idk if you read it, but it might be a pretty serious bug! Bout to head out for a bit *wave* keep on keeping on.

-Mez

what do you mean ? another language ? well im french but i think my english is not so bad lol..i mean..in my skills bar in the game..it show weapons smithing x4..and tools smithing x4..same name..i want to know if you know this problem ?

- - - Updated - - -

i can print screen and show you if you want

So got everything working. I was in creative on a test server trying to figure out how to learn the extended mags and silencers and stumbled onto the "extended firearm assembly" book. Upon using the book I unlocked what appears to be...every recipe in the game maybe? It just kept popping up new recipes that I'd learned that were entirely unrelated. For example, this book taught me everything electrical related, despite having a science of 1. I'm not sure just how prevalent it is, but after 5m of scouring my crafting menu at uber-slow-modded-speed...I have yet to see a recipe I do not know how to craft.

So I have a couple questions then. Is this in fact how we are supposed to learn to make/repair attachments? If so, please fix <3. If not, then how are we to learn attachments...unless we're not supposed to of course.

Thanks!

-Mez

there are things in creative which will bug things out because they have not been removed yet. You learn the extenders and silencers via the different gun parts perks in classes. There's no recipe book and that is probably why that book gave you everything as it is no longer in use in game.

- - - Updated - - -

what do you mean ? another language ? well im french but i think my english is not so bad lol..i mean..in my skills bar in the game..it show weapons smithing x4..and tools smithing x4..same name..i want to know if you know this problem ?

- - - Updated - - -

i can print screen and show you if you want

you can take a screenshot in game with f9 or f12 if you like so i can see it. yes a shot would be good as we do not have this issue on our server

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23431[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23431[/ATTACH]

it french language but you can see 4 same skills name

This is what i was saying. I would need someone to translate ALL of that to french and i do not know french so it copies the english names. The language you see there, i have to add it all myself for it to show up. And i have no way of doing that :(

oh ok lol well..in english it weapons smithing ..but i know in this mod it suppose to be..blade smithing..blunt smithing..but it only show..weapons smithing and four copy of that lol

- - - Updated - - -

it like it missing someone in the game..but i install the game with the game luncher like everybody else..i really dont know why it making that..and it look like im the only one :( lol

Unfortunately the only way to get the Night Terrors to you is to release them from the start. On our server they are part of timed events. Every 21 days I release some event like Night Terrors or Wilderness increases etc. That's great when I control the server and XML but there is no way to do this sort of thing for you on the consumer end yet. Hopefully Pimps put in timed events of some sort so I can add something like that and have timed releases for certain spawns.

Yeah I can see where that would cause problems, too bad there isn't an easy way to just add Night Terror spawns to start from horde night. At least after the first 6 days of looting and building the majority of people would have better options of fighting them off...or at least be in an area where they could hide and wait em out.

I'm still insistent on playing this, so I might have to cheat and hide until I'm comfortable enough to give night activities a go. I want to be able to see what ends up coming on later days.

Thx for keeping up with things. This mod is turning out great from what I can see.

This is what i was saying. I would need someone to translate ALL of that to french and i do not know french so it copies the english names. The language you see there, i have to add it all myself for it to show up. And i have no way of doing that :(

I think what he is saying is "Weapon Smithing" is in his list 4 times.

Piroman18, if you click on each of those perks, does the same description come up in the menu box to the right also for all of them. Maybe it is just the perk name that is screwed up.

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

I think what he is saying is "Weapon Smithing" is in his list 4 times

Yep, its because i copy and paste the localizations to keep them in line with the format. Maybe this is a terrible mistake on my part. I assume that if he uses another language he sees the same title because it is copied from the Weapon Smithing perk. If i were to leave that blank and use only the English would he see French AND english mixed together?

Checked the picture again and it answered my question. I will look into getting the languages that do not belong removed.

Yep, its because i copy and paste the localizations to keep them in line with the format. Maybe this is a terrible mistake on my part. I assume that if he uses another language he sees the same title because it is copied from the Weapon Smithing perk. If i were to leave that blank and use only the English would he see French AND english mixed together?

Checked the picture again and it answered my question. I will look into getting the languages that do not belong removed.

yeah im starting to think it about the language that make that bug..so how can i switch language in this game ..for english

So I'm waiting for PingPerfect to install this mod on their servers. the 21 days horde dedicated version, and unfortunately they can't seem to get it up and installed. It's been approximately 24 hours since I set up the initial server stuff. Any suggestions to recommend to them to get it up and going?