Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

First I want to apologize for these issues. We all know that sometimes fixing one thing can break another. I'm trying my best NOT to force a wipe on this mod. Im looking into wall safes now. Im looking into the console issues as well with the quests.

The zombie issue is a byproduct of adding wilderness spawns. On my server we have 2 files, one that honors the safe zone and then I physically add the new file after 7 days. This file has reduced spawns so the safe zone isn't over run. The second file adds the zombies you see in the world. In a perfect setting I could gamestage this but there is no current in game option for this. So i give people the extra wilderness file. I could add both to the game in the folder so you can manually do it yourself and I may do that. It was a tough choice between having the full zombie world and less zombies. I chose more zombies but I can understand people not liking that choice as a safe spawn area IS indeed important.

As for the errors causing a wipe in order to play. I try very hard to avoid this. Sometimes it is unavoidable. Only so much testing can be done before certain things are only found through gameplay. Messing with progression, the rwgmixer and quests are three big no nos if you don't want a wipe. We have found a few errors and inconsistencies in these files and they need addressed so the mod can be what it is supposed to be.

We know the song and dance when Pimps do it on patches. Sometimes it can be powered through and sometimes it just can't be. Every mod has this issue at the beginning as we find new things to break. Walkers had several wipes in its early days due to bandit issues and random gen issues. But that had 2 plus years to fix itself. This has had 2 weeks. It is with a very heavy heart that I want to warn everyone that the very next update may require a full wipe. I'm trying to avoid it now but it may not be something that can be avoided.

We have several streamers who are enjoying the mod and also running into issues. The last thing we want is people to see errors and mistakes, just as much as the last thing we want is to have people forced to start over. But it's like a band aid, you pull it off now and put it past you and move on. We ARE doing much better when it comes to bugs, they are dwindling down but with added quests in the classes and some things that do not make sense like ammo crafting being a skill you need to make basic arrows, for the good of the future of the mod and the integrity I wish the mod to represent it may be an unavoidable occurrence.

I respect and appreciate everyone who has given us a chance. I hope that in the future you continue to do so. We initially started this because we wanted to enhance the vanilla experience. I strive for perfectionism and this is a huge bump in that road for me. All I ask is for patience during this time but I can totally understand if this causes some to turn away from us. For those that do I say if you do then give a new mod a try. We will still be here getting the bugs and kinks worked out. And the day will come when these errors will be behind us and you can play indefinitely in our world.

Give me the night to see if I can do this without a wipe. v1.10 will be up by morning sometimes and at that point my post will state whether we need to go into this fresh.

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

No need to apologise Jax. we really appreciate your hard work with the mod, quick updates and feedback on progress. Opening this mod up to the community is never taken for granted, wishing the best luck in the world going forwards and onwards and upwards. The 7DTD community can help make that happen.

There's a lot that makes this mod stand out from others and that's a tough act to follow, it makes me fear Z again and that's what I absolutely love about 7 Days, the first experience of playing the game and getting that thrill back. One can only wonder how this mod can grow and you can be sure we stood up and noticed.

Wanted to keep bug report this separate from my previous post.

The console popped up again with this exception and could close it and continue just like before. Weirdly when I wiped the game put me next to the same town! This time I'm posting image of exact moment it occurred and debug for troubleshooting for what I can appreciate is difficult to pinpoint. I had already been around the corner, behind me, so it's this area going forwards. My draw distance is 10 if that matters.

Error:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.Parameter name: index
 at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vector3i].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldBlockTicker.NZ (.Chunk , System.Random ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldBlockTicker.YZ (ArraySegment`1 , System.Random ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldBlockTicker.Tick (ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks, .EntityPlayer _thePlayer, System.Random _rnd) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at World.OnUpdateTick (Single _partialTicks, ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.JQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exact moment error occurs in this area - image

Debug with the the info needed - image

Update on the safes on new save: Gun Safe with lockpick works as intended and is lootable, but Wall Safe is still unlootable as it disappears. Not sure if that error above is related or not as Burgers Shakes is straight up that road.

Wanted to keep bug report this separate from my previous post.

The console popped up again with this exception and could close it and continue just like before. Weirdly when I wiped the game put me next to the same town! This time I'm posting image of exact moment it occurred and debug for troubleshooting for what I can appreciate is difficult to pinpoint. I had already been around the corner, behind me, so it's this area going forwards. My draw distance is 10 if that matters.

Error:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.Parameter name: index
 at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vector3i].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldBlockTicker.NZ (.Chunk , System.Random ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldBlockTicker.YZ (ArraySegment`1 , System.Random ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldBlockTicker.Tick (ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks, .EntityPlayer _thePlayer, System.Random _rnd) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at World.OnUpdateTick (Single _partialTicks, ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Exact moment error occurs in this area - image

Debug with the the info needed - image

Update on the safes on new save: Gun Safe with lockpick works as intended and is lootable, but Wall Safe is still unlootable as it disappears. Not sure if that error above is related or not as Burgers Shakes is straight up that road.

This is a tough one, im going to try to recreate it. If you get a chance the output log file may be of help as well for this. It LOOKS like a poi may be causing it.

I JUST uploaded a new file that may fix safes, so when you get a chance test that out on your current save.

This is a tough one, im going to try to recreate it. If you get a chance the output log file may be of help as well for this. It LOOKS like a poi may be causing it.

I JUST uploaded a new file that may fix safes, so when you get a chance test that out on your current save.

Here's the output log via MediaFire. McDowell is pretty close to the two times that error occurred, even closer to the left is Parking PIO. On the previous save I recall that once that region is visited error doesn't appear again.

Yes, the new file fixes Wall Safe on existing save. Lootable with lockpick and doesn't disappear. Thanks for the quick fix JaxTeller718 :)

Btw, there are extra lines of spacing in recipes.xml, some have 4 lines ie lines 4706, 5286, 5302, 5763, 6920, 7552 - one has 7 extra lines at 4955. There are other occurrences of 2 line spaces. I'm aware that a single line space is used to separate different items and if you have your own reasons for this then I respect that.

Hi Jax, can we plz have the download links for this mod. The Launcher will not work with linux

Which one are you looking for? I will see what i can do for you

Hopefully in the future the Launcher will work with Linux.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the new file fixes Wall Safe on existing save. Lootable with lockpick and doesn't disappear. Thanks for the quick fix JaxTeller718 :)

Btw, there are extra lines of spacing in recipes.xml, some have 4 lines ie lines 4706, 5286, 5302, 5763, 6920, 7552 - one has 7 extra lines at 4955. There are other occurrences of 2 line spaces. I'm aware that a single line space is used to separate different items and if you have your own reasons for this then I respect that.

Thats a relief. Ok i will go through the recipes.xml and check for those. The file was edited at so many different times that Im certain i missed a bunch.

- - - Updated - - -

In how long do you think you will know if it needs a wipe?

If it does it will be a few days. I dont give timelines because then the pressure is on and more mistakes occur.

Yow do, so I had started fresh with 1.09 where the safes were still bugged, pleased to report the quick fix has brought back safes that had been destroyed and had left a void, ready to be opened with loot inside. Freshly spawned wall safes work fine. Didn't require a server wipe, thank you again for your work Jax! (i guess we'll call this version 1.09b for bandaid?)

One thing I've noticed through years of messing around with mods and forums, when you bring something big to the community you may find lots of buzz and sudden issues that sound like lots of frantic worry but ultimately most people are patient, stick to your own pace and don't worry about apologizing for server wipes :p

Edited by BMT (see edit history)

Liking it so far. Great job! Have few small problems:

- Some old car's windows appear pink (an indication of a missing texture?)

- The Advanced Campfire appears all black (missing all textures)

- Log file grows to 100s of MB full of lines like:

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

attack(2) is Valid

Using Linux, so paths might be an issue. I tried to start in creative mode and fly around. Also created and placed the advanced camp fire. Couldn't reproduce the texture issues.

Can't see anything relevant in the log file, but hard to search due to it's size.

Completely fresh install with removing save files.

Just a query, how much was the knowledge point increase from books meant to be, from the 1.08 update? My memory could be bad but it seems like they've always been 3 per book?

it might be random, i scrapped something yesterday and got 7 KP.

Liking it so far. Great job! Have few small problems:

- Some old car's windows appear pink (an indication of a missing texture?)

- The Advanced Campfire appears all black (missing all textures)

we haven't seen that at all on our server, so might be that linux thing.

TOR whom has posted in this thread has been working at it on linux, jax has said he really doesn't know anything about the system.

Jax, you mentioned looking at Quests bug from feedback provided so far in post #170. Thought to provide a screenshot - image - of activate quests as I only got this issue now, plus here's the log - MediaFire. As long as I close the Quest window the error no longer pops up, open it again and NullReferenceException repeats.

At a glance here is the error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at RewardSkill.SetupReward () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at BaseReward.get_Icon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_QuestRewardEntry.GetBindingValue (System.String& value, .BindingItem binding) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at BindingItem.GetValue (Boolean forceAll) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at BindingInfo.RefreshValue (Boolean forceAll) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiController.RefreshBindings (Boolean forceAll) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_QuestRewardEntry.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiController.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_QuestRewardList.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_QuestWindowGroup.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (Single updateDeltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at A.ME.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

The Oil Refinery was hotfixed this morning. I will make sure that it went across all versions. I will track that quest bug down tonight.

As for the wipe it looks like it may NOT be needed as I spent all night making sure with each change an old save ran fine. Tonights update will be key here. If it goes through on our server with no issues (yes they are sort of the lab experiment for this lol) then I can release 2.0 which will add some new models and systems with no issues to saves. Fingers crossed!

Thank you everyone for the support and kind words. As a player and a modder I know patience can be very limited when it comes to wipes and updates so I am on your sides with the frustrations. I am doing my best to avoid it but if it does happen I completely apologize. For 2.0 it IS recommended to do at the very least a fresh install but game saves may still be able to work fine without it.

Unfortunately I can not help much with Linux issues. I haven't seen myself any issues with textures or the campfire so it is very hard to track this down and help with it. Stay tuned for the new patch/version number tonight some time.

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)