Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

With chickens you have to make a chicken coop in the farm table (also for the farm journal quest) and then get a live male and female that you craft in the coop into a fertile egg. This you put on 3x3 animal bedding which has to be upgraded with a pitchfork before.

The pig you create also in the farm table (also with animal feed and animal bedding). Here you can make a piglet with a live male and female pig that you then put on 5x5 upgraded animal bedding.

The live animals you get randomly when you harvest chickens and pig in the 'wild'.

You kill these hedged chickens and grown pigs to obtain lots of meat.

The cow is the easiest thing to make and use,, again just animal feed and bedding. This cow you can place anywhere to produce milk.

And only when you got the survival skills and living of the land maxed out.

I am thinking about installing the mod. Are things like this explained anywhere? Sounds impossible to figure out without any explanation.

Hi All,

I want to start by saying. I've seen some incredibly entitled people on this thread that are actually complaining about this mod and I'm furious about it. The amount of work that went into this is unbelievable. The way it makes the game so much better is awesome to me. I have 1800 hours in this game and Jax and team have managed to make this game fun and so much harder again for me I LOVE the difficulty , I LOVE it. Let me offer some advice to you whiners, go play a different mod. By what right do you complain about something that cost you absolutely nothing and no one forced you to install. The nerve you show actually writing your thoughts down here just blows my mind. Your parents are probably really ashamed, if not they should be.

Now with that said, I do have a question. I have two pigs in my inventory, one male and one female. I want to make a piglet but I can't for the life of me find the table I use for that. Anyone?

Also Jax, I'd like to offer my help if you need it. I'm an Executive Assistant so I have a lot of experience with documentation if you ever need any help typing something up and I can be of assistance, please PM me. I'd be happy to help! Thank you so much for all YOUR work. It's truly a great game with your updates.

Hey there. I have tried installing Ravenhearst 5 vanilla textures both through the mod launcher and manual from the download link and copying all the files and both times, when I try to start a new game on single player, I get a red text and crash that says ArgumentOutofRangeExeption: Argument is out of range Parameter name: Index. I am not sure what I or the launcher is doing wrong so could anyone please help? Thanks

Hey there. I have tried installing Ravenhearst 5 vanilla textures both through the mod launcher and manual from the download link and copying all the files and both times, when I try to start a new game on single player, I get a red text and crash that says ArgumentOutofRangeExeption: Argument is out of range Parameter name: Index. I am not sure what I or the launcher is doing wrong so could anyone please help? Thanks

Yesterday I tried the mod (using the launcher) and my first problem was it doesnt work with 17.2. It also doesnt tell you any error if you select to copy the game from your folder and you have the 17.2. Even worse, the menu of the game once you start it says 17.1, which is false if you had 17.2

So if you havent done this before, delete everything from the mod, on your game options switch to 17.1 on the Beta tab, after it updates, copy the game and install the mod again (everything with the launcher). After that it worked for me.

I only had time to play 30 min yesterday, but I have some questions:

- Why are there so many middle crafting components? I mean, adding new stuff to craft is awesome.... but useful stuff. Adding a component for something you could directly craft before is just adding clicks, not content. Im not sure if those middle components add anything. Do they serve a more interesting purpose I still have to see?

- I killed 10 zombies and 7 of them gave ~485 xp and 3 of them only 85. Is that a bug?

- Those 10 zombies gave me only like 1/6 of a level. At level 1... Is this compensated by better crafting/gathering xp or is it really that much slower?

- Since we can deploy and recover that portable workbench, what is the purpose of it? Again it seems like just needing more clicks to do the same thing without changing anything important.

- Is the zombie AI touched in any way in this mod? Will the hordes still do a congaline and get stuck on ramps like in vanilla?

Thanks

I only had time to play 30 min yesterday, but I have some questions:

- Why are there so many middle crafting components? I mean, adding new stuff to craft is awesome.... but useful stuff. Adding a component for something you could directly craft before is just adding clicks, not content. Im not sure if those middle components add anything. Do they serve a more interesting purpose I still have to see?

- I killed 10 zombies and 7 of them gave ~485 xp and 3 of them only 85. Is that a bug?

- Those 10 zombies gave me only like 1/6 of a level. At level 1... Is this compensated by better crafting/gathering xp or is it really that much slower?

- Since we can deploy and recover that portable workbench, what is the purpose of it? Again it seems like just needing more clicks to do the same thing without changing anything important.

- Is the zombie AI touched in any way in this mod? Will the hordes still do a congaline and get stuck on ramps like in vanilla?

Thanks

play the game more than 30 mins all will be answered with that

play the game more than 30 mins all will be answered with that

I will, it was just late already, and I was thinking about those questions while at work.

What about the low xp for some zombies, will that be answered too? Looked like a bug

I will, it was just late already, and I was thinking about those questions while at work.

What about the low xp for some zombies, will that be answered too? Looked like a bug

I am also new to this mod... but i believe there are 5 tiers of zombies,those who give you 85exp are weakest ones(tier 1) so don't expect much exp from them,for example those hard to kill zombies give you like ~900exp

I am also new to this mod... but i believe there are 5 tiers of zombies,those who give you 85exp are weakest ones(tier 1) so don't expect much exp from them,for example those hard to kill zombies give you like ~900exp

I see. It's wierd, since they still took about 6 hits to the head to kill, not much less than the 485 worth ones. They arent 5 times weaker for sure.

Those weak Z's are really easy to kill and with at least half arrows as stronger versions.

And actually a lot of changed, more complex recepies that have new components added are really more realistic. For example stone axe. You have to make ropes and some handle and shaped rock to make a stoneaxe, not just rock and log tide up with grass like in vanila. For me RH5 is just more realistic way of playing 7dtd and I love it. If you ask me just forget about vanila and how you played it. Play RH5 as a new game. Ask questions here (search forum first) or/and go to discord and all your questions will be answered.

ravenhearst is designed to lengthen the progression of the game, along with other things. made by veteran players who have far too many hours in the game, and for some reason other people seemed to enjoy it, too :)

we actually released for a17 while 17.1 was the current stable, i alerted jax we should probably mention it somewhere since it's 17.2 ^^

the easier to kill lower xp hive zombies are there to pad out the world without every zombie taking 20 arrows to kill, and you'll get far more zombies than you will in a vanilla world. that said, this is our first push this alpha, and the mod is a bit base-line right now. we are expanding greatly for the next full release.

if you're not looking for a longer, drawn out, sometimes tediously terrifying version of the game, with a bit of goofy humor and additional decorations for builders, this mod may not be for you. and that's okay; but we hope you stay for a while.

welcome to ravenhearst.

fc9612355b.jpg

https://discord.gg/YBHD9f3

Hello,

Not sure if I miss something but the new addition of hinges poses a real problem for me - not only they are not craftable but you find near none (breaking doors *should* give some....)

Result: new player (at a new game ) has no decent storage - and with the droprate I cant see how to get the needed number of hinges at mid-endgame.

An unfortunate (and imo, unnecessary) gate

regards

JayZhee

edit for typo and missing ":"

Edited by JayZhee (see edit history)

Hello,

Not sure if I miss something but the new addition of hinges poses a real problem for me - not only they are not craftable but you find near none (breaking doors *should* give some....)

Result: new player (at a new game ) has no decent storage - and with the droprate I cant see how to get the needed number of hinges at mid-endgame.

An unfortunate (and imo, unnecessary) gate

regards

JayZhee

edit for typo and missing ":"

hi, there are some boxes in the personal bench that don't require hinges. we have more hinges than we can build with atm on our mp game from breaking down doors. are you positive you're updated?

hi, there are some boxes in the personal bench that don't require hinges. we have more hinges than we can build with atm on our mp game from breaking down doors. are you positive you're updated?

Hello,

Yes, why would I need hinges if not :)

And yeah, one hinge every 4ish door....breaking storage chests - none, - so 8(ish) doors for one new chest/box

At new start this is extremely frustrating (I'll admit, I AM a loot hoarder,,,)

Regards

JayZhee

I am thinking about installing the mod. Are things like this explained anywhere? Sounds impossible to figure out without any explanation.

The discord channel of RH is full of players that can help. The next update to 5.1 will give more information about where to craft items. It is still work in progress.

fc9612355b.jpg

https://discord.gg/YBHD9f3

- - - Updated - - -

My very first chicken was a male. I can't figure out what table to use to combine the pigs for a piglet though. Anybody?

You have to craft a pig in the farm table first. tne press E on that pig to make a piglet.

- - - Updated - - -

So how do you unlock the Automobile workbench??

Not craftable, you find them in POI's (garages)

Edited by mr.natural (see edit history)

Hinges... :D

I was so mad when realised i can't build simple storage box or doors without this new component,thought "where in the world i can find those!" and then i decided to destroy some doors in POI's,and they gave me a hinge,it felt sooo rewarding! :D

Also what i noticed, how hard it is to conquer any POI(especially in the beggining),so many zombies around them,and they just keep coming.

Ideas like these makes the mod and whole game absolutely awesome,and so much more enjoyable!

Thank you Ravenhearst team !!

Having trouble with my pingperfect server and installing this mod.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2019-03-23T23:48:40 6.303 INF StartAsServer

2019-03-23T23:48:44 10.440 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed

2019-03-23T23:48:44 10.440 EXC External 3D model with name 'Rocks/Rock01' not found! Maybe you need to create the atlas first?

Exception: External 3D model with name 'Rocks/Rock01' not found! Maybe you need to create the atlas first?

at BlockShapeExt3dModel.createVertices () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BlockShapeRotatedAbstract.Init (.Block _block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BlockShapeExt3dModel.Init (.Block _block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.LoadBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData+<loadSingleXml>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

<loadSingleXml>c__Iterator1:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename: Line: -1)

2019-03-23T23:48:45 11.447 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'items.xml' failed

2019-03-23T23:48:45 11.447 EXC Unknown block name 'wallTorchLightPlayer' in use_action!

Exception: Unknown block name 'wallTorchLightPlayer' in use_action!

at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.parseItem (System.Xml.XmlElement _node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.LoadItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData+<loadSingleXml>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2019-03-23T23:48:51 16.736 INF Item IDs with mapping

2019-03-23T23:48:51 16.737 INF ItemIDs from Mapping

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Pass '' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Setting to default shader.

HDR Render Texture not supported, disabling HDR on reflection probe.

(Filename: Line: 274)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard (Roughness setup)' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard (Roughness setup)' - Pass 'FORWARD_DELTA' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard (Roughness setup)' - Pass 'ShadowCaster' has no vertex shader

2019-03-23T23:49:19 45.071 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'recipes.xml' failed

2019-03-23T23:49:19 45.071 EXC No item/block with name 'resourceMilitaryFiber' existing

Exception: No item/block with name 'resourceMilitaryFiber' existing

at RecipesFromXml.LoadRecipies (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.LoadRecipes (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2019-03-23T23:49:19 45.271 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'loot.xml' failed

2019-03-23T23:49:19 45.271 EXC Item with name '38 Snubnose' not found!

Exception: Item with name '38 Snubnose' not found!

at LootFromXml.parseItemList (System.String _containerId, System.Xml.XmlNodeList _childNodes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 _itemList, Int32 minQualityBase, Int32 maxQualityBase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at LootFromXml.LoadLootContainers (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.LoadLoot (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2019-03-23T23:49:20 46.445 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'traders.xml' failed

2019-03-23T23:49:20 46.445 EXC Item with name 'tshirt' not found!

Exception: Item with name 'tshirt' not found!

at TradersFromXml.parseItemList (System.String _containerId, System.Xml.XmlNodeList _childNodes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 _itemList, Int32 minQualityBase, Int32 maxQualityBase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TradersFromXml.ParseTraderItemGroup (System.Xml.XmlElement e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TradersFromXml.ParseTraderItemGroups (System.Xml.XmlElement e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TradersFromXml.ParseNode (System.Xml.XmlNode root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TradersFromXml.LoadTraderInfo (.XmlFile xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.LoadTraders (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2019-03-23T23:49:21 47.373 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'biomes.xml' failed

2019-03-23T23:49:21 47.373 EXC Block with name 'terrSnow' not found!

Exception: Block with name 'terrSnow' not found!

at WorldBiomes.getBlockValueForName (System.String blockname) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.parseBiome (Byte id, System.String name, System.Xml.XmlElement biomeElement, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.parseBiome (Byte id, System.String name, System.Xml.XmlElement biomeElement, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.readXML (System.Xml.XmlDocument _xml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.LoadBiomes (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0