Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Meh, I ended up making a script that just halves the hp and doubles the exp (though not higher than hp*3,5). :)

This folks is a player that cant cut the mustard and play a mod was intended. Might as well enter dm mode and give yourself everything, so much for the challenge, eh. TBH, it's really not that bad once you gain a few levels and spend points in the right places. If you really want it easy and to level faster, I suggest WotW, although the next iteration of it will also have the exp gains trimmed down (confirmed).

The thing about mods is if you dont like something about it, there are plenty more to try out. The more challenging mods, like RH, you really have to play as they were designed, otherwise why bother? Of course, you can always make your own.

@cinda (snickers at the typo) I think exp from mining needs more cutting.

Edited by Death2gnomes (see edit history)

Long time no talk everyone. Came here to let everyone know we are hard at work on 3.2 (possibly 4) of RH and I come today with a small preview of what to expect.

Rare Spawning POI that looks IDENTICAL to vanilla poi. Will have a crate of very special loot. VERY early test, zombie HP, box timer all to be adjusted. Tested on vanilla. I will be back with more previews. We have over 350 lines of changes and additions so far in this next release which has NO timeframe unfortunately. It is done when it is done as the Gods say :)

You can find MORE previews videos there for 3.2 and please if you have not done so hop onto our Discord. It is where i am at daily, as well as all the devs of this mod and we interact and welcome feedback and opinions. Help shape 3.2!

Long time no talk everyone. Came here to let everyone know we are hard at work on 3.2 (possibly 4) of RH and I come today with a small preview of what to expect.

Rare Spawning POI that looks IDENTICAL to vanilla poi. Will have a crate of very special loot. VERY early test, zombie HP, box timer all to be adjusted. Tested on vanilla. I will be back with more previews. We have over 350 lines of changes and additions so far in this next release which has NO timeframe unfortunately. It is done when it is done as the Gods say :)

You can find MORE previews videos there for 3.2 and please if you have not done so hop onto our Discord. It is where i am at daily, as well as all the devs of this mod and we interact and welcome feedback and opinions. Help shape 3.2!

4? Thought you were gonna move on to that new mod, sorry forgot the name.

A LOT of that new mods ideas creeped into 3.1.5 when we were trying to tie off some balance issues. Not saying that idea is dead or wont come to fruition. I have recently tested a world where you can have a LOT of zeds spawn in the wilderness, and those Hive zombies would be perfect to populate the new world so we may go that route with them.

We felt there was a lot of room to improve 3 before we finish it off. Especially considering the Random Gen is still on pre Magoli release and so many pois got left off. Once we re-added the pois, we looked at questing, and then some more balances to weapons. And then loot, and then end game needed some heavy rebalance and work, and then........ Well you see where this is going lol.

Ill be posting up a list of the changes so far here in a few days once we lock more of them in.

Firstly I would like to Thank Jax and the Team for an awesome job on the Ravenhearst mod, it has become my go to 7DTD mod for some time now.

I started a new game a few days back and everything was going as expected, reached lvl 12 on day 6, around midday I decided to do a Trader run to sell off bits and pieces, only to find that the Trader was closed and the Trader npc was no where to be found.

This was not my first visit to this trader so I was surprised when I was teleported away from the main gate.

After numerous relogs and a few console commands suggested by the community didnt help, I've decided to bring it to your attention here, it may not be anything to do with this mod but maybe something that was evident from the Vanilla version.

All I can tell you is the above, and that the trader was in one of the new prefab towns that included the new skyscraper building ( fish tank penthouse at the top:))

I have started a new game (which I didnt mind as it was my first run through from a break) but was wondering if there was a work around for this problem if it was to happen again?

I tried relogging, using the 'Traderarea' console command, tried changing the day and time in hopes of resetting the trader.

Any help would be muchly appreciated,

Rak.

PS- Again, Thanks and Please keep up the great work you guys are doing on this Mod, it is 2nd to none!! :smile-new:

Edited by Rakstelon (see edit history)

Awesome mod btw! My buddies and I are loving it. Adds a ton of depth and a little planning for the long term.

I've got another question. I finished up the Survival class and was given another class selection. My friends have all gone weapon classes so I figured I would make my second class Farmer. It was super easy...too easy imo. I knocked it out pretty fast as everyone has been gathering raw food. However, I thought I would get another class selection when I finished it.

Unless I'm missing something, is there another way to start another class at this point?

Thanks!

Patrick

Awesome mod btw! My buddies and I are loving it. Adds a ton of depth and a little planning for the long term.

I've got another question. I finished up the Survival class and was given another class selection. My friends have all gone weapon classes so I figured I would make my second class Farmer. It was super easy...too easy imo. I knocked it out pretty fast as everyone has been gathering raw food. However, I thought I would get another class selection when I finished it.

Unless I'm missing something, is there another way to start another class at this point?

Thanks!

Patrick

you don't get a class selection for finishing survival, did one of your friends give you one, or you completed the "station tools" quest (2 parts), that rewards a selection.

aside from that, you scrap schematics into knowledge points and combine at the research desk.

farmer is more difficult to *start* with, because of the combat challenge, as it's a support class.

if you're working together in a group, things will be muuuch easier than if you were solo.

- - - Updated - - -

along with what saku said, if you place a "static" trader, it should stay.

nothing we can do about trader despawns, is a vanilla issue.

glad everyone is enjoying!

- - - Updated - - -

it's been a few pages, so if anyone has a discord and would like to join ours, there are a lot of people around for help and general chatter :)

b7292aa990.jpg

you don't get a class selection for finishing survival, did one of your friends give you one, or you completed the "station tools" quest (2 parts), that rewards a selection.

aside from that, you scrap schematics into knowledge points and combine at the research desk.

farmer is more difficult to *start* with, because of the combat challenge, as it's a support class.

if you're working together in a group, things will be muuuch easier than if you were solo.

- - - Updated - - -

glad everyone is enjoying!

- - - Updated - - -

it's been a few pages, so if anyone has a discord and would like to join ours, there are a lot of people around for help and general chatter :)

b7292aa990.jpg

In one game I've had the same trader go on permanent Lunch break 3 times, I got fed up and finally just moved the persistent trader outside next to the vending machine, no issues since.

Edited by Death2gnomes (see edit history)

usually the gate is closed but the the trader is still inside, when you enter you can go to the trader in the shack and everything go back to normal

It must have been the station tools quest then. I thought I got it when I finished the survival line. Oh well....

Thanks for the reply!

Patrick

Waiting on that preview video from MM? While you wait heres a little preview of 3.2 for you guys and girls.

Alpha_16.4_2018-05-20_02-30-29.jpg

Doors and double doors. There is even a "Mining Door" that can lay flat thats a double door for those who want to make a wider mining entrance.

Alpha_16.4_2018-05-20_02-18-39.jpg

Roaming "Bandits" but not the bandits you are used to.

Alpha_16.4_2018-05-21_07-21-34.jpg

More themed boxes for those of us that love to use these. I AM taking suggestions for new themes to add to the game so we can cover all the bases

And a video from one of our testers, who was taken by surprise at a new addition. A reworking of Tins ghouls with further tweaks to come.

Possibly a written preview in a little bit as well of some of the major changes to come that video or photos won't do justice to.

Also if you have not done so check out our website https://ravenhearst.enjin.com/

That site will be updated with all things Ravenhearst including a wiki soon.

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

"Halicopter you can craft will take your loot home for you! The recipes is currently disabled but can be enabled in the recipes.xml. This will cause major issues on MP servers so do NOT use them on MP."

I'm new to the mod and will be starting a new SP game today. I'd like to enable the halicopter, but before I do i was hoping to get feedback from players that have used it. Were the any issues/ problems, and how do you like it? Also, what do I change in the xml file to enable it? Can I enable it on a game that I already started?

Edited by EZ2Remember (see edit history)

Id love to add more paintable stuff but right now the only way is to replace something in game already.

I agree on 4.0 This release will be a 4.0 but I decided against holding off for A17 for two reasons

1. The files and code is changing SO much that NONE of this matters. Trust me when I say you will NOT be doing things the same way in 17 as you are now so we wanted to make the most out of a lst version release on 16 and go all out.

2. I dont know about you but Im PLAYING 17...possibly for months. NO mod will be done by me until at least Release 17.4 or 5. That could be 6 months from now for all we know. Im not going to constantly update such an intricate mod. Id love to play it first for a long while, then get to know the xmls and then plan out how it all fits. If you think the update is just a few changes here and there take it from me we will ALL be relearning how to do thing sin 17 when it comes to xmls.

So some of our current ideas for 16 may not even be a thing in 17, replaced by better systems. So why not make the most out of 3.0/4.0 so it stands the test of time.

Id love to add more paintable stuff but right now the only way is to replace something in game already.

I agree on 4.0 This release will be a 4.0 but I decided against holding off for A17 for two reasons

1. The files and code is changing SO much that NONE of this matters. Trust me when I say you will NOT be doing things the same way in 17 as you are now so we wanted to make the most out of a lst version release on 16 and go all out.

2. I dont know about you but Im PLAYING 17...possibly for months. NO mod will be done by me until at least Release 17.4 or 5. That could be 6 months from now for all we know. Im not going to constantly update such an intricate mod. Id love to play it first for a long while, then get to know the xmls and then plan out how it all fits. If you think the update is just a few changes here and there take it from me we will ALL be relearning how to do thing sin 17 when it comes to xmls.

So some of our current ideas for 16 may not even be a thing in 17, replaced by better systems. So why not make the most out of 3.0/4.0 so it stands the test of time.

Thanks Jax for the game plan. I can see your point, some of us may continue playing 16.4/3.x-4.x for creative mode. I've seen all the YT videos and the automatic doors sprouted major wood. And I thought I was excited by the elevators!