Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Loading Issue

I played a game of Ravenhearst all day yesterday. Today when i went to load it using the 7dtd mod launcher but whenever it gets past the first loading screen it just exits. No error message or anything it just sends me back to the mod launcher with nothing.

I hope this is the right place to ask for help with this issue because I've never posted to forms before :/

I played a game of Ravenhearst all day yesterday. Today when i went to load it using the 7dtd mod launcher but whenever it gets past the first loading screen it just exits. No error message or anything it just sends me back to the mod launcher with nothing.

I hope this is the right place to ask for help with this issue because I've never posted to forms before :/

You might want to post on Sphereii site also .. the author for the Mod Launcher.

the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Sinda, I was aware of this and made a post in response to the same. I am wondering though if there is a reason why it fails / corrupts and if there is any hope of changing it. I believe this was created by Hal and it somewhat outdated if I recall. The way we play this would be a nice addition as we are hoarders in game. :smile-new:

i think a lot of hal's stuff is just sp as he doesn't play mp. the way some things are written (or how he writes them, i don't code so no clue really) just don't transfer. he also made some amazing weapon display racks that don't work in mp.

i think a lot of hal's stuff is just sp as he doesn't play mp. the way some things are written (or how he writes them, i don't code so no clue really) just don't transfer. he also made some amazing weapon display racks that don't work in mp.

Yeah I don’t have much in the way of coding skills either. I can’t see where there would be a big difference though between sp and mp but since I don’t know much about the code maybe someone with more knowledge may chime in. I can muddle my way through some if I knew where to start. Hope it ends up as something workable after a17 drops. Then again with new options it may not be needed with a17 additions.

Hey there

Started playing this about 6 hours ago and are on late day 3.. Just a short note to give my first impressions.

I have 4-5 guns and around 1K ammo... Starvation and thirst is a huge problem, firepower isnt....

First impression here is:

A bit unbalanced, but I like the thoughts.

Why dish out guns and ammo left and right and be so tight withh food?

Shin

Trader issue: day 62 (21day horde SP) 19:00h and I cant enter trader. Like is closed and kicking me out. Can open outside door and run into few meters but thats it. Is there a fix or workaround?

Will try to enter in the next morning too but doesnt looks good.

Hey. First, thank you very much for your work! This is a great adventure, unlike vanilla.

Now a few comments and questions.

1. Constantly burning advanced forge and blacksmithing.

2. Hang on the text input window when i use the customize box solve only the dual esc.

3. Not quite clear is the amount of remuneration for nightmares - it looks like they are in glasses a little experience, and this is wrong. In the configuration file I could not find (tell me where?).

4. A terrible imbalance in the chances of a rare loot-on the 80 day of the game I could not find MP443, Benelli, HK G3, Boomstick. The rest of the rare weapons could only be found in the radioactive zone (using a cheat). And I've already killed to day 70 and 98 of the character level more than 8,500 zombies. Even in the rare nightmares falls absolutely standard weapons as a prize. In a normal game it is possible to get there only after the player reaches level 120, a full set of Hazmat armor and a trioxin recipe. That very long...

5. Found a huge store As it is a pity that there are only boxes with food. This place should have all the goods. And it is a pity that this building is not decorated and absolutely faceless outside.

Thanks again for your hard work and looking forward to the new version.

Trader issue: day 62 (21day horde SP) 19:00h and I cant enter trader. Like is closed and kicking me out. Can open outside door and run into few meters but thats it. Is there a fix or workaround?

Will try to enter in the next morning too but doesnt looks good.

hit f1, type dm, hit esc, hit f6

spawn a temporary trader just inside the compound, hit f1, type dm off

you should be able to enter the trader

if the trader is gone just do it again and spawn a static trader inside

hit f1, type dm, hit esc, hit f6

spawn a temporary trader just inside the compound, hit f1, type dm off

you should be able to enter the trader

if the trader is gone just do it again and spawn a static trader inside

Thank you for advice. I did read about that 'spawn a trader' workaround but didn't find exact command on quick. I have some work and errands to do so will try this as soon I have time.

Once again, thank you Saku.

I have 4-5 guns and around 1K ammo... Starvation and thirst is a huge problem, firepower isnt....

Game is balanced around multiplayer. Also early on without any skills all weapons do very little damage. Together this means groups of several people can go through lots of ammo in first few weeks, before they can make their own ammo.

Food and water shouldn't be an issue if you looting regular houses (kitchens in particular). Big apartment buildings are very valuable. Remember to make microwave ASAP. Pour all canned food into bowls, and then heat them in the microwave.

- - - Updated - - -

Gday. Just wanna report a bug. Not sure if its been reported.

So advanced forge and blacksmith station always look and sound as if they are on, even when turned off. We playing on a MP server.

This is known issue with those models. To avoid this problem, place forge / blacksmith station, then immediately start them and stop them.

what vitamin said, @shin.

while the fire power loot IS a little more than intended it's supposed to be heavy. non gun classes cannot make ammo at all without drops, starting weapons are pretty crappy in performance along with the player having no skills. it'll be a while in most cases until you find calipers to craft your ammo, and stuff takes a lot of bullets to kill... until you level up and get skills.

ravenhearst is by no means created for or balanced around mp, it's tested more so in sp and is supposed to be difficult and extend the game.

jax however created it for and with his MP server long before it grew into what it is. people confuse that with being made with mp in mind.

server is mostly solo and small co-op, not hordes of players banding together.

on food, get in those houses and loot. best chances for twine happen in the mundane dwellings, also.

keep that salt and make jerky, food gets easier as it goes.

while the fire power loot IS a little more than intended it's supposed to be heavy. non gun classes cannot make ammo at all without drops, starting weapons are pretty crappy in performance along with the player having no skills. it'll be a while in most cases until you find calipers to craft your ammo, and stuff takes a lot of bullets to kill... until you level up and get skills.

ravenhearst is by no means created for or balanced around mp, it's tested more so in sp and is supposed to be difficult and extend the game.

jax however created it for and with his MP server long before it grew into what it is. people confuse that with being made with mp in mind.

server is mostly solo and small co-op, not hordes of players banding together.

on food, get in those houses and loot. best chances for twine happen in the mundane dwellings, also.

In addition to this, if you have horde count max'd out in settings (assuming default difficulty level), you will easily use a majority of all that ammo on one horde night.

IF loot amount is set to 100%, there should be plenty of food, even on MP servers. Dont make just one type of food, salt is as precious, if not more, as twine is. Later game higher end food uses a LOT of salt, so dont use it all on just jerky as suggested.

- - - Updated - - -

This is known issue with those models. To avoid this problem, place forge / blacksmith station, then immediately start them and stop them.

Will this work if you pick up the station and reposition it?

Thank for the answers @sinda and @vitamin. I'm learning as I go and food is getting less of a problem as you say.

And thanks to all involved for a great mod! A few oddities but great fun.

Shin

Will this work if you pick up the station and reposition it?

It did work for me. The problem is an internal flag that's not being set correctly initially. After starting then stopping station, this flag gets properly reset.

It did work for me. The problem is an internal flag that's not being set correctly initially. After starting then stopping station, this flag gets properly reset.

That worked for me too. Picking up and placing again. Problem is that you loose all smelted stuff in it. At least I did.

you can get your ores out beforehand, just takes some fuel and time.

Ofcourse, that 'time' part is crucial. :D Actually I didn't have problem first time I placed Blacksmith station (with Advanced forge still no 'internal flame' bug) but after base rearranging it happens almost every time I load a game so I don't bother any more. Didn't see any side effects of station burning all the time. One torch less at night. :D

Is there a download link for the Client? For non-Windows platforms that aren't supported by the mod launcher? I tried the server download but it seems to be missing a few things.

Server link is the correct link for single player. It worked fine for me. What is the problem you having?

**Updated June 15th**

We are currently testing a beta candidate for 4.0. If this testing goes well we'll be putting some polish on it and then stress testing with our private whitelist for about a week or so. Estimates for release are early - mid July. I know this MAY clash with A17, and that was NOT my intention but I also know not everyone jumps into Experimental right way and waits for Alphas to be pushed to public release so this will give them something to bide their time until then. 4.0 is a MASSIVE reworking of everything in every area and adds a LOT more to do and accomplish. We know you will love it.

Below is a small preview of what we have in store for you guys. More info and news will be released as we get further along. There is no estimated arrival date at this point but when we get a clearer vision of a time we will announce it. We want to make this one a smooth launch and avoid rushing it out at the end to meet a date like we did with 3.

Summary of Some Changes

-Cooking Class and quests

-New Night Terrors

-Additional and returning POIs

-New RWGMixer

-Consolidated Appliance Table Station (Combines microwave, coffemaker and blender into one station to reduce station bloat)

-New Night Terror sounds and noises

-Reworked Class Quests

-Bandits Make Their Comeback

-New Deco Items: Storage, Doors, more to come

-New ores and minerals for more specific recipes. Limestone and Carbon with more to come.

-Class Exclusives are now EXCLUSIVE and have been removed from loot (High Value Weapons)

-No more single repair kit for every item. All weapons and tools have their OWN repair kits (Gun Repair Kit, Blades Repair Kit etc) each made with different materials that make sense for the items)

-Gun Parts return from scrapping parts and can be used to repair guns

-Beehives you can craft and harvest for honeycomb and wax

-Consolidated Advanced Forge and Blacksmiths Station. The new Blacksmiths Forge is a beast and can make all metals and advanced recipes the AF and BS used to make.

-Animals have a chance to drop Infected Meat. This meat can be "cured" through a process to become edible again.

-Reworked Survival Class now feels like Survival. Exclusive Stone Hammer for Survival that acts as a basic wrench and repair tool you can craft but does not harvest as much as a wrench. Great starting tool.

-Stone Knife for Survival Class that gives more harvest than a bone shiv

-Rain Collectors and Chicken Coops are now unlocked immediately for Survival Class but wont be easy to craft.

-New Carpenter's Bench replaces Wood Chipper. All wood items are made in it. Frames are still craftable on inventory.

-Trioxin is now Medical Class Exclusive but can be unlocked at Player Level 80 now.

-New zombies that can turn on each other and assist you but will STILL attack you. Their block damage is higher than normal zombies so don't watch for too long!

-The Pig....is STILL a bastard.

-Rebalanced Archery Perks and Damage

-Gun Classes will now have the opportunity to be rewarded the Bullet Crafting Schematic after they complete their first quest.

-All new The Ultimate Survivor Quest that you read when you enter the game. It is a journey for unlocking ALL classes and will reward you handsomely for completing it.

-New Encumbrance system thanks to the genius of Sphereii. Items will now have a weigh value. There are 4 tiers of Encumbrance. Each tier as you fill your bag will slow you down and drain your stamina.

-New reworked Infection and Rest Buff System

-Car Alarms can now be triggered randomly and will alert nearby zombies to your presence.

-New Lockpicking Skill. Safes now have much stronger health. You will need to become an expert Lockpick to unlock them. You start by unlocking doors and chests and as your skill grows you can craft Picks that can easily open safes. But you will need to find a special Drill to crack these safes first.

-Rebalanced Loot (Crowbars, Wrenches and some schematics will now have more chances to appear in loot)

-Over 15 new POIs so far and growing, some super rare, others more common. Some made just for RH. Special Hive versions of Traders and Magoli POIs! You wont know what you got until you are inside one :o

-Some new fruits and food prep items. Unfortunately no fruit trees as we are absolutely OUT of IDs but promise when 17 RH happens we WILL have more model space to work with

-NEW Blacksmiths Forge combines the Advanced Forge and Blacksmith Station into one powerful station.

-Hollow Point Rounds, with appropriate tips make their return for all guns

-Incendiary Ammo Makes its return!

-Bullet Casings are now round specific to add to realism of bullet crafting.

Video preview of a Hive POI.

Video of me walking through a Hive POI. Hive POIs will have LOTS of low health zombies and a crate with special items in it in the middle of the house or business. These will look like any other house, so you will not know what you get until you are in it. These will be rare.

---------------------------------------------

Stay Updated at our Official Website located here

We now have a work in progress Wiki which you can check out here

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

Great work done on the mod. The stsrt really got me excited playng. Unfortunately I soon found out that this is a worse grind than Ark has ever been.

Very good thought, waaaaay to much grind. Time to move on.

Great work done on the mod. The stsrt really got me excited playng. Unfortunately I soon found out that this is a worse grind than Ark has ever been.

Very good thought, waaaaay to much grind. Time to move on.

Thank you for your opinions. We appreciate that you gave us a shot. Perhaps some more constructive feedback so that we can look into areas that may need some work would be beneficial.

That said never been a fan much of people who feel the need to announce why they wont be watching or playing something. I get the intention was most likely to make a point, but again some feedback would be much more ideal so that we can pinpoint areas that need some work so that we can offer you a satisfying play experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey there

Started playing this about 6 hours ago and are on late day 3.. Just a short note to give my first impressions.

First impression here is:

A bit unbalanced, but I like the thoughts.

Shin

The ammo issue is most certainly being dealt with in 4. The initial reaction from players was "Oh damn we cant craft ammo unless we are a gun class" and my knee jerk reaction was to offer more bullets in loot. It was a change i did NOT want to make and it will be rectified.

- - - Updated - - -

Gday. Just wanna report a bug. Not sure if its been reported.

So advanced forge and blacksmith station always look and sound as if they are on, even when turned off. We playing on a MP server.

This is from our Discord

"Some of our stations have a fire effect that will not extinguish. This is due to the the custom 3-d asset not saving properly. There are 2 fixes for this.

1. When you place a new station make sure you place something in it and turn it on and then off again. This will "save" the model as working properly and you will not have the permanent fire issue.

2. If you already placed the station, you can empty it and pick it up if it is in a land claimed spot. Place it back down and then do the steps in 1. Place it, light it up and turn it off to "save" it.

Unfortunately this is the only way to fix this issue on custom assets without removing the fire effect and sound completely and then you will not know if it is on or off unless looking inside it."

Great mod and I'm really looking forward to 4.0!

I was just wondering if it is possible to make the world a bit more "mountainous" without breaking those cool and large cities?

If not then I'll just leave the xml files as they are.

Thanks!