Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Unless the LSAT is also broken?

It's not that broken. First, it's pretty rare, so having 600 quality LSAT is nearly impossible. Even having 300 quality would be very hard, especially on day 14. Second, LSAT is expensive to repair. Third, it's head shot modifier is only 4, comparing to 7 for steel crossbow bolt, and 12 (!) for reinforced crossbow bolt.

Archer class by itself is nice, with good progression, and variety of weapons. But the repeating crossbow just makes everything else irrelevant. And it scales to the point of being OP very fast.

The advanced forge always seems to have fire all over it even when it's turned off as well as the crackling fire sounds. is this a glitch or something? it keeps happening no matter what i try. The other stations all turn off their sound effects and fire graphics as they should, but advanced forge still doesn't. It's kinda of irritating ><

To follow up, the 2x2 lift does not work at all for other players in MP. They will either not see it, or get an error when selecting a floor.

If you have a LCB placed, the 2x2w will only work for yourself. If someone else drops a LCB, it could stop working for you.

Sorry you having all these issues. Works pretty good for me and number of other people.

1) No idea. 7D2D uses Steam for all these things, and it should work good

2) How much memory do you have in your PC? This mod needs a lot.

3) Water supposed to be scarce in this mod. Most seeds generate very little.

4) Head shots are still a thing, and almost required to not waste ammo. But all zombies have 3 times (on average) as much HP as vanilla. You will not be single shooting zombies until good quality weapons and enough points in corresponding skills.

water is not that scarce if you know where to look, lakes and oceans might be scarce.

*snicker* If you cant find water in a snow biome, please uninstall the game! *snicker*

It's not that broken. First, it's pretty rare, so having 600 quality LSAT is nearly impossible. Even having 300 quality would be very hard, especially on day 14. Second, LSAT is expensive to repair. Third, it's head shot modifier is only 4, comparing to 7 for steel crossbow bolt, and 12 (!) for reinforced crossbow bolt.

Archer class by itself is nice, with good progression, and variety of weapons. But the repeating crossbow just makes everything else irrelevant. And it scales to the point of being OP very fast.

I love when people come here and assume something is broken without really experiencing the mod. You might always want to note that there are no Skills for increasing dismemberment for the crossbow, but there is for a bow {regular and iron}.

Edited by Death2gnomes (see edit history)

Iwater is not that scarce if you know where to look, lakes and oceans might be scarce.

*snicker* If you cant find water in a snow biome, please uninstall the game! *snicker*

Was talking about large bodies of water, excluding POIs and watering holes.

I love when people come here and assume something is broken without really experiencing the mod. You might always want to note that there are no Skills for increasing dismemberment for the crossbow, but there is for a bow {regular and iron}.

Not sure what your point? Crossbow with steel cross bolts explodes heads same well, but very slow to reload.

Also I was not talking about legolas skill. Even without it head explode with archery skill above 40 (nomad difficulty).

And I've been playing RH 3 for hundreds of hours both SP and MP, and watched number of streamers playing it. Think by now I know what I'm talking about.

Occuring Problems

I think some bugs are making this mod sometimes unplayable. As i said before;

1- My game crashes all time. I am joining my friend's host then after a while, my game freeze and Steam app usually close itself. I have to terminate 7 days to Die.exe and restart steam and game again. Sometimes this is happening middle of the fight. So, this is making this mod unplayable.

One of member said lower graphic settings. I did it but it is not solving the problem. Original game does not freeze. We played hours and hours original game and this error never happened.

It also not creating any log or dump file, neither 7 days to die or steam.

My computer specs are; i7-7700k; Asus Rog strix gtx 1070, asus rog strix z270e mb; 256 mb samsung 950pro nand ssd, 16gb 3200mhz corsair ram, windows 10 pro 64 bit.

Do you know any solution? We want to play this mod very much but it is very very annoying.

2- Forge and blacksmith graphic glitching. There are fire animations all above them also you can pass into fires.

3- Customized Box textbox not closes spontaneously if user close storage box pressing any key except "E".

4-Biomes are very large and we cannot find any ocean after 40 game days. Not water, ocean. If we have breath holding skill, there must be an ocean.

5- Tasks that need to find a special object have an error if you already have that objects in your inventory. "Object reference cannot be null"

6-Very oftenly, boss creatures animating like they are running but in fact, they are standing where they are. Especially if you are shooting at them.

Not sure what the beef is here, but we were discussing how the archer class suddenly gives the ability to single headshot pretty much anything. It looks like it gives a 100% dismember chance with bows and crossbows when you take the class. We experienced this on our MP server whenever someone would take the class, they would start headshotting left and right.

Ah, you said the archer class was broken.

What you really meant was that, in your opinion the archer class was overpowered because of the ability to one-shot zombies in the head.

overpowered is not the same as broken.

no surprise that zombies die when shot in the head.

It's from the original, Night of the Living Dead

Field reporter: Chief, if I were surrounded by six or eight of these things, would I stand a chance with them?

Chief McClellan: Well, there's no problem. If you had a gun, shoot 'em in the head. That's a sure way to kill 'em. If you don't, get yourself a club or a torch. Beat 'em or burn 'em. They go up pretty easy.

Field reporter: Well, Chief McClellan, how long do you think it'll take until you get the situation under control?

Chief McClellan: Well, that's pretty hard to say. We don't know how many of 'em there are. We know when we find 'em, we can kill 'em.

Field reporter: Are they slow-moving, chief?

Chief McClellan: Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up.

I've always cracked up with that last line, "are they slow?" "yeah, they're dead". :lol:

In anycase, it's not a bug in the game, it's just an (in your opinion) overpowered weapon.

Corpse duping is a bug.

The archer class is not bugged.

Now, where is my flamethrower... :)

Ah, you said the archer class was broken.

What you really meant was that, in your opinion the archer class was overpowered because of the ability to one-shot zombies in the head.

OMG, you remind me of one of my old girlfriends :D

Her: How's my dress?

Me: You look great

Her: You are just being polite. What you really mean is that you think I'm fat.

i crafted the armor but it didnt count is this a bug or am i doing something wrong ? i used the tailor station should i use something else?

I had this happen to me, and the issue i had was i wasn't in/watching the station as it was crafting. If you watch when they are made, they count. Or at least they did for me.

Stuck on boomstick for the shotgun class. I can't craft one...is this just an issue with having to find one? Best places to look if that's the case?

My game froze. when I reset and loaded the mod again the minibike I was driving at the time is now gone. I'm kind of pissed lol

Might just do cheat mode and get it back. shame I can't remember what I had dumped in the inventory... ugh sheesh

I had this happen to me, and the issue i had was i wasn't in/watching the station as it was crafting. If you watch when they are made, they count. Or at least they did for me.

Correct. You have to be in the station when crafting things for them to count. Applies to drinks, food, etc.

Stuck on boomstick for the shotgun class. I can't craft one...is this just an issue with having to find one? Best places to look if that's the case?

Have to find it. And then you'll have to find one more...

Just look in usual weapons drops - gun safes, gun store boxes. You do not have to complete class quests ASAP. You only get XP and upgrade points. Nothing else.

My game froze. when I reset and loaded the mod again the minibike I was driving at the time is now gone.

It's not gone. Trace your path back, you'll find it.

The game saves minibike position less often than player's position. When game crashes you will end up ahead of the minibike.

I found 3 in desk safes, I regularly loot banks.

- - - Updated - - -

My game froze. when I reset and loaded the mod again the minibike I was driving at the time is now gone. I'm kind of pissed lol

Might just do cheat mode and get it back. shame I can't remember what I had dumped in the inventory... ugh sheesh

Like vitamin said, it should be a ways back on the path you took. Also, if you put in a padlock, you should see a bike icon on your compass.

Hi all,

I'm an avid Ravenhearster (own a server with some friends), however we're unable to figure some things out. I tried searching the forums, but so far I had no luck.

1). How to find special weapons (G3, Desert Eagle, Boomstick). We're being DROWNED in repeaters, Lucilles, Katanas.. but no G3, Desert Eagle and Boomstick. In the previous versions we could craft them using solder and gun parts, but it seems we can't anymore.

2). How to obtain special decor ingredients (i.e. bear skin to make the bear rug, deer head to make the deer trophy).

I really like the hardness level of Ravenhearst but we're becoming a bit frustrated with not being able to continue. It would've been nice if there were atleast some hints on how to obtain them.

I read that "Rotters" in the burned land / wasteland would drop special weapons at night, but we've yet to find them.

Can anyone help us out?

the rotters and herd zombies spawn at night in most biomes. the night terrors (also night spawn) are heaviest in wasteland and burnt biomes.

all have a chance for better loot.

higher tier weapons are a bit rarer, but still found in the normal places, safes, military containers (inc vehicles). increased chance in rad zone containers.

Hi all,

I'm an avid Ravenhearster (own a server with some friends), however we're unable to figure some things out. I tried searching the forums, but so far I had no luck.

1). How to find special weapons (G3, Desert Eagle, Boomstick). We're being DROWNED in repeaters, Lucilles, Katanas.. but no G3, Desert Eagle and Boomstick. In the previous versions we could craft them using solder and gun parts, but it seems we can't anymore.

2). How to obtain special decor ingredients (i.e. bear skin to make the bear rug, deer head to make the deer trophy).

I really like the hardness level of Ravenhearst but we're becoming a bit frustrated with not being able to continue. It would've been nice if there were atleast some hints on how to obtain them.

I read that "Rotters" in the burned land / wasteland would drop special weapons at night, but we've yet to find them.

Can anyone help us out?

I am at the same stage of frustration. I've been looking for the G3 and I haven't found it at level 87. I have found no less than 5 VSS Vintorez, 4 Boomsticks, 4 Galils, 3 Desert Eagles and 1 M25. I am now "grinding" desk safes, gun safes and military vehicles all across the map when they respawn, but the RNG does not cooperate to drop a G3. It is not fun gameplay.

For me the boomsticks came from Desk Safes in banks, and the Desert Eagles from the hard mobs at night, like Rotters.

If the parts could be crafted, that would be great, even if it would involve lots of solder and weapon parts. At least it gives an attainable objective. Or have fallen soldiers drop rare weapon parts.

Another option would be allowing trioxin at level 80 or 90 instead of 120, because this sure is a long slog before I can loot the radiated zone. And the result will be that as soon as I get the G3, I will finish the quest and stop playing because I'm tired of it :)

the rotters and herd zombies spawn at night in most biomes. the night terrors (also night spawn) are heaviest in wasteland and burnt biomes.

all have a chance for better loot.

higher tier weapons are a bit rarer, but still found in the normal places, safes, military containers (inc vehicles). increased chance in rad zone containers.

Hi Sinda,

SPECIAL WEAPONS (G3, Deserteagle, Boomstick)

Thanks for the input it's much appreciated. We will go on some more night runs just to get a slightly higher chance. We are with 6 people up to the low hundreds in the level range and have yet to find a single boomstick, G3 or desert eagle so the drop rate seems extremely low. It might be nice if the dev team could review those tables as we're drowning in other stuff like the M25, repeaters, Lucille, Katana. Somehow those rates do not seem to match. I'm happy to do a large grind if I know where I'm grinding to. I figure it is not of added value to close the class quest line rapidly, but it would be nice if you can atleast finish it in a similar timeframe compared to teammates that took different classes.

BEAR SKIN & DEER HEAD

Do you perhaps also have an idea on how to obtain the deer head and bear skin? We tried skinning the animals with different knives, all tools (pick/axe/shovel/wrench/hoe), melee weapons, chainsaw, minibike roadkill etc.. but so far no luck. It does not seem to be craftable or available at traders (maxed out secret stash).

Thanks,

Cracker

Do you perhaps also have an idea on how to obtain the deer head and bear skin?

According to the XML you need to use butcher's knife when harvesting stag and bear to get those items.

After playing for hundreds of hours SP and MP I always used butcher's knife (after finding one) and have yet to get dear head or bear skin.

According to the XML you need to use butcher's knife when harvesting stag and bear to get those items.

After playing for hundreds of hours SP and MP I always used butcher's knife (after finding one) and have yet to get dear head or bear skin.

you'd think you would have to use the skinning knife for those or at least the bear skin