A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Many things that first appeared in Starvation are showing up now in other mods. New 3d models, custom traps, NPCs, custom workstations, expanded farming, new enemies, breedable animals, etc are all currently available. Food spoilage is almost ready for general release. In many cases, cool things that wasn't in Starvation, like drivable custom vehicles, are also now available.

My question then is: what feature of Starvation that you loved has yet to be reproduced as a modlet? Im sure we can find time to work on a few of those in the coming new year.

1 - NPCs that you can find and hire to farm, cook, and craft for you.

2 - Animals that you could tame with their own bed, toy, and food.

3 - Special NPCs that you had to find that taught you how to fish, fight, etc.

4 - Lawnmower!

5 - Animal farming that worked well.

6 - Lots of special enemies that had abilities specific to them.

7 - Aquarium (Fish tank?) that showed swimming fish.

These Starvation features reproduced as modlets would be amazing.:tickled_pink:

• 5 weeks later...
Are there any mods currently using the Starvation winter system?

Putting a winter on the whole map ...

If there are separate mods to download, like the gas trap, I really like them ...

WinterProject is the closest mod

I wonder how much of the custom coding you can leave out and still make this mod work. A few features sacrificed is a fair trade imo. This was one of the best overhauls to play. Maybe too much of it was custom code though.

As far as I know, it was heavily modded version of the game and each and every little new feature had to be injected through SDX and there were many such features, but no wonder. It's because the whole team of modders worked on it, some of them are not active anymore, others moved on to different projects. Check the first page in this thread, there's a list of usernames that contributed to this project and maybe even that's not a full list. For example Pacco who unfortunately isn't alive anymore was a very important person for this project as he produced countless amount of new assets pretty quickly and his friend Mortelentus (thread starter) was a pretty skilled coder who managed to put it all together and give it life in the game itself.

In the comment section under the last video on Youtube uploaded by Mortelentus, he replied to someone who was asking if there are plans to update the mod. This is what he said:

"Merry christmas. Ive been quite away from the modding stuff do to multiple reasons, and dont have plans to update full starvation mod due to the imense work behind it. I would love to come back and make a modular story based mod with xyth, but well ser what life brings me."

This was 1 year ago. As we already know, he didn't come back. :(

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

SphereII and I are gradually reintroducing modlets that replace and improve on various Starvation features. While there may not be another Starvation mod, the functional components will eventually all be available as DMT modlets.

SphereII and I are gradually reintroducing modlets that replace and improve on various Starvation features. While there may not be another Starvation mod, the functional components will eventually all be available as DMT modlets.

Like friendly NPCs that can become followers, yay! It's much more fun to play solo with these bandits, wandering traders and NPCs that can become followers. :) What would be even more fun is a story and quests, because being able to meet groups of survivors, either randomly in the world or by visiting their base, being able to do some quests for them, that would make those NPCs feel like real people that are part of the world, trying to survive. I wish someone could make this happen, that would make me really happy.

I have a problem but I don't know if it's normal, I started the server in January, 7 days passed and I arrived in the seventh week of January, when it was past 0:00, the date returned to the first week of January and it didn't jump to February , is this a visual bug or do I have to configure anything?

Wanted to set up

January to December

Every 4 days = 4 weeks and move on to the next month.

My game I set 90 min = 1 day, so I need to set 360 to change 1 month.

Example:

<Season>

<!-- 1؛ week of January starts raining occationally, with no impact on temp -->

<Season Param="DayStart" Value="1" />

<Season Param="DayEnd" Value="90" />

<Season Param="Type" Value="1" />

<Season Param="StartChance" Value="5" />

<Season Param="EndChance" Value="90" />

<Season Param="MinEffect" Value="0.1" />

<Season Param="MaxEffect" Value="0.3" />

<Season Param="TempModifier" Value="0" />

<Season Param="DryChance" Value="0" />

</Season>

<Season>

<!-- 2؛ week of January starts raining occationally, with no impact on temp -->

<Season Param="DayStart" Value="90" />

<Season Param="DayEnd" Value="180" />

</Season>

<Season>

<!-- 3؛ week of January starts raining occationally, with no impact on temp -->

<Season Param="DayStart" Value="180" />

<Season Param="DayEnd" Value="270" />

</Season>

<Season>

<!-- 4؛ week of January starts raining occationally, with no impact on temp -->

<Season Param="DayStart" Value="270" />

<Season Param="DayEnd" Value="360" />

</Season>

<Season>

<!-- 1؛ week of February starts raining more often, with small impact on temp -->

<Season Param="DayStart" Value="360" />

<Season Param="DayEnd" Value="450" />

<Season Param="Type" Value="2" />

<Season Param="StartChance" Value="15" />

<Season Param="EndChance" Value="80" />

<Season Param="MinEffect" Value="0.3" />

<Season Param="MaxEffect" Value="1" />

<Season Param="TempModifier" Value="-3" />

</Season>

...and so on

Edited by skolano (see edit history)

I wonder how much of the custom coding you can leave out and still make this mod work. A few features sacrificed is a fair trade imo. This was one of the best overhauls to play. Maybe too much of it was custom code though.

You'd have to break it down by a feature list to get that answered... Custom blocks and items and creatures yes, custom code like sanity no... But as a whole you could probably reproduce 80% or more using current available modding techniques, if I had to pick a number.

You'd have to break it down by a feature list to get that answered... Custom blocks and items and creatures yes, custom code like sanity no... But as a whole you could probably reproduce 80% or more using current available modding techniques, if I had to pick a number.

Too much of a mountain for my novice ass.

I am looking for the files for me to translate the conversations of the NPC and also of the animals, you know what the files are?

Those are all inside the scripts used to build the mod. Its not xml. So that isn't available to you to change.