A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

I didn't use a link since I wasn't sure what the rule is about link were,

we see some of the zombie boss in here:

we can see "wall crusher"zombie, the cop zombie at the very end of the video and some other I don't remember the name and it is a commercial product which is why I was wondering about where those zombie models came from.

It might not be the best video to see those zombie, but we can see some of them with slight texture modification with colors.

if they were bought or free then there probably no problem, it was just in case they were handmade by member of the starvation team that I decided to bring it up.

All of the ones shown are free to use models.

Thank you for the answer xyth, so there no problem, its was just a video I happen to watch and started to wonder if someone had tried to make a commercial product from the mod content.

Now i'm going to remove the link in case people don't know or didn't read your answer and try to attack the dev.

Once Alpha 17 version of starvation come out in a few month(just a guess 2 to 4 month) i'll be sure to play starvation again, I really like the browning m2, could be nice to move around with it with the exosuit and hopefully there won't be dissapearring belt items bugs with it(this was a bug in my alpha 15 playthrough I didn't reach the browning m2 in alpha 16 so it probably not there anymore).

EAC console spam bug!

Hi just started Starvation using the 7DTD Launcher, but as soon as the main menu comes up, I get a red spam message in the console, says something about EAC Hydra?

I am running A16,4(b8), I am not running EAC neither in 7DTdie or through steam.

Anyone else have this issue?

Well, this MOD is down and broken I guess, I went into 7 days to die folder and removed everything that had anything to do with EAC...but still the console gives me the red text message spam about a Missing Meathod exception EAC Hydra bla bla bla...so I guess It's back to the WORKING True Survival MOD instead of this garbage fire. Too bad I heard that it was good, but unfortunately discontinued and broken =(

Edited by kamakazi (see edit history)

Gas Cylinder Crafting?

hey guys

I crafted the gas barrel, moonshine still, but I can't figure out how to craft the gas cylinder. I have the parts, but where do I craft it? I've tried backpack, workbench, forge, big forge, none of them give me the Craft <w> button.

Also, how long does it take for it to fill a gas cylinder in the biogas digester?

TIA!

hey guys

I crafted the gas barrel, moonshine still, but I can't figure out how to craft the gas cylinder. I have the parts, but where do I craft it? I've tried backpack, workbench, forge, big forge, none of them give me the Craft <w> button.

Also, how long does it take for it to fill a gas cylinder in the biogas digester?

TIA!

it is crafted in the Lathe

I'm having hi it"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" spam every time I try to interact with a guard station survivor. Any ideas?
yea, the guards are broken. Will fix for A17.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally found a weapon I enjoy with this mod.

But I cannot seem to find any recipes/schematics/perks related to this weapon.

Google/starvation mod wiki are both not very helpful.

Can someone please explain if this is a bug?

It is just like any other assembled weapon. You have to use the weapon bench to build or repair it. It has 4 specific parts to assemble it.

Thank you! This was driving me crazy, I wish we had a good wiki for this mod, there are so many things to learn!

I have always imagine that the Starvation dev team wanted it this way, as to make you try every aspect of the mod. Want to know how to build something? Make all of the workbenches/tools to find out. Some of the descriptions give you hints while others leave you in the dark.

I have always imagine that the Starvation dev team wanted it this way, as to make you try every aspect of the mod. Want to know how to build something? Make all of the workbenches/tools to find out. Some of the descriptions give you hints while others leave you in the dark.

That is indeed part of it, the other part is we all hate writing documentation. :smile-new:

Is there a way to scale down Santa... Just started a game with my wife and there's like 20 Santa's within 3 'city' blocks of where we're at... A bit much.

EDIT: Okay - only 5 but when to come together like they just did it can be devistating.

https://imgur.com/a/BRlfEVV

Easy fix: Trigger the santa event and run away to let santa meet his fate. Rinse and repeat and your santa problem will weed out. Plus, its hilarious when he screams.

electricity from the nuclear power plant

Good morning!

I have found several nuclear power plants and I would like to use one to power my base. I built a very long power line from the plant to my base. Everything is well supplied but when I move away from the power station the electricity is cut off. I put a claim block at the plant but I think that when we are too far from the plant, it is not generated by the game so the turbines do not work and there is no power. Do you have an idea to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

Good morning!

I have found several nuclear power plants and I would like to use one to power my base. I built a very long power line from the plant to my base. Everything is well supplied but when I move away from the power station the electricity is cut off. I put a claim block at the plant but I think that when we are too far from the plant, it is not generated by the game so the turbines do not work and there is no power. Do you have an idea to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

I believe that power can only be run at a max distance of 100 blocks, using fuse boxes every 9 or 10 blocks in the line. Never even came close to trying to go that far myself. Xyth would probably know the exact distance. How far are you trying to go anyhow?

I believe that power can only be run at a max distance of 100 blocks, using fuse boxes every 9 or 10 blocks in the line. Never even came close to trying to go that far myself. Xyth would probably know the exact distance. How far are you trying to go anyhow?

I don't know the exact distance but I put dozens of wire relay (maybe 50 or 60 or more) at 14 blocks of intervals each so, that's a lot more than 100 blocks :)

I may have found a trick: just finish the complete circuit (currently consisting of over 100 bulbs) and go to the nuclear power plant. Anything that is powered by the power line will certainly be tagged as "receiving power" even more than 100 blocks away. Once I get back to my base, everything on the power line is well powered, but I think if I turn off a switch and turn it back on, the power won't flow. I'll do more testing tonight.

Thanks for the answer!

I do not have anything definitive, but here are examples of what I have run into:

1. I had a base maybe 300 blocks away. You could not see the power plant from the base, used relays and lights about 14 blocks apart to reach. Power would stay on most of the time, but if I went far enough away for looting the power would be off on my return. And sometimes power would just turn off randomly while staying in the base.

2. Another base I had a 'horde base' about 250 blocks away, and had 30+ relays underground. I never had an issue with power although I only used it for horde night.

3. Yet another game, another horde base only 100 blocks away, the power plant was actually well within site. There seemed to be an invisible wall that if I crossed, the power would turn off 2 minutes after crossing it reliably. I performed quite a few tests to prove this. The power did not turn off immediately. Like a delay timer. I found the 'wall' through experimentation because what I had to do with that game was tear down the entire base and rebuild it inside that wall. I was not happy. There was a lot of steel to tear that down and then rebuild back up. On a happy note, I now discovered that the light saber is far superior for destruction than both the pickaxe and the auger.

I confirm what I was saying: "if I turn off a switch and turn it back on, the power won't flow."

I removed all the switches and my base + basements are fully lit with power from the nuclear power plant.

However since I finished this project yesterday my game consumes more than 12GB of RAM, it's unplayable. I don't know if it's connected. A friend didn't look like he was slowing down.

Hello! I've been trying to get our group to try Starvation - a few did but they're saying that there's way too many animals and wanted to see if I could cut some of them out or reduce their numbers. I play it unmodded just fine :)

They'd like me to cut out the scorpions, spiders and snakes. For the spider nests I figure I could change the nest to say for instance a block of fertilizer to stop it from existing and therefore spawning any spiders. For the animals and such - it looks extremely complicated and I'm not sure how to proceed. Can anyone give a hand please?

Thank you for your time and attention!

Hello! I've been trying to get our group to try Starvation - a few did but they're saying that there's way too many animals and wanted to see if I could cut some of them out or reduce their numbers. I play it unmodded just fine :)

They'd like me to cut out the scorpions, spiders and snakes. For the spider nests I figure I could change the nest to say for instance a block of fertilizer to stop it from existing and therefore spawning any spiders. For the animals and such - it looks extremely complicated and I'm not sure how to proceed. Can anyone give a hand please?

Thank you for your time and attention!

Hello,

View XML files in /Data/Config.

for example :

https://github.com/StarvationTeam/StarvationServer/blob/master/Data/Config/spawning.xml

https://github.com/StarvationTeam/StarvationServer/blob/master/Data/Config/biomes.xml

> spidernest spawning rate

https://github.com/StarvationTeam/StarvationServer/blob/master/Data/Config/buffs.xml

> poisoning effect