A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Hello! I've been trying to get our group to try Starvation - a few did but they're saying that there's way too many animals and wanted to see if I could cut some of them out or reduce their numbers. I play it unmodded just fine :)

They'd like me to cut out the scorpions, spiders and snakes. For the spider nests I figure I could change the nest to say for instance a block of fertilizer to stop it from existing and therefore spawning any spiders. For the animals and such - it looks extremely complicated and I'm not sure how to proceed. Can anyone give a hand please?

Thank you for your time and attention!

You can also help yourself from this post that shows how to add a zombie, doing the opposite should help you: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?57066-New-UMA-Zombies

by completely deleting the desired creature in Data/Config/entityclasses.xml and deleting the references to that creature in all other XML files, you should no longer see them.

Hello! I've been trying to get our group to try Starvation - a few did but they're saying that there's way too many animals and wanted to see if I could cut some of them out or reduce their numbers. I play it unmodded just fine :)

They'd like me to cut out the scorpions, spiders and snakes. For the spider nests I figure I could change the nest to say for instance a block of fertilizer to stop it from existing and therefore spawning any spiders. For the animals and such - it looks extremely complicated and I'm not sure how to proceed. Can anyone give a hand please?

Thank you for your time and attention!

After some research (I'm also interested) the best is to modify only this file: https://github.com/StarvationTeam/StarvationServer/blob/master/Data/Config/entitygroups.xml

And for each animal you don't want to see anymore you have to change the "prob" value

For example for <entity name="animalBull" prob="0.06" /> replace with <entity name="animalBull" prob="0" />

And you will tell me that for the animals you want to remove, there is no "prob=", just add it, for example :

<entity name="animalSnake" />

becomes :

<entity name="animalSnake" prob="0" />

I hope it works.

Well, looks like I learned a few new things about the power plant and stringing power lines. I'll have to play around a bit since I just found the power plant in the world I'm playing.

After further testing:

_The fact of having powered hundreds of bulbs, switches and relays with the nuclear power plant is obviously not appreciated at all by the game (lag)

_When I reconnected last night, the base lights were off. I decided to put the system back as before to know everything powered by fuel engines and switches to manage the fuel intelligently and not let everything turn on all the time.

_I continue to power supply a long underground tunnel with the nuclear power plant, but I have to go to the nuclear power plant to charge the chunk and turn the electricity back on, not practical...

It would really need to be improved in the future, an electricity system as complete but as poorly managed is frustrating.

After some research (I'm also interested) the best is to modify only this file: https://github.com/StarvationTeam/StarvationServer/blob/master/Data/Config/entitygroups.xml

And for each animal you don't want to see anymore you have to change the "prob" value

For example for <entity name="animalBull" prob="0.06" /> replace with <entity name="animalBull" prob="0" />

And you will tell me that for the animals you want to remove, there is no "prob=", just add it, for example :

becomes :

I hope it works.

Thanks! Will investigate further tonight!

Thanks! Will investigate further tonight!

If you are modifying the xml for an existing save, keep in mind that anything that is already spawned will still exist in the world.

When moving into a new chunk, the changes will apply and those entities will not spawn.

If you are modifying the xml for an existing save, keep in mind that anything that is already spawned will still exist in the world.

When moving into a new chunk, the changes will apply and those entities will not spawn.

Ahh! Good to know. Getting things read and will test before dropping it on the server.

I’m trying to add a bigger minibike storage but when I start the game any changes I make to the xml get changed back, is there a way to stop that? I’m only changing the mods xml, do I need to change the original games too?

Edit: never mind, I found a way around the problem.

Edited by Abe506
Issue solved (see edit history)

Problem with server

Hello to all.

I hope someone can help me out here.

The server runs, i can see it, but when i join the server, the server crash, and i get this error ( unknown command 'bc-time' )

Is there anyone there can help me out here please

problem to find the nuclear plant

:trastornado: hello, thank you very much for believing this wonderful mod, but I have a small problem, with some friends we are trying to find the nuclear plant in the map navezgane and we have not been lucky we have crossed the map almost whole without results ... please if we could guide, also we could not find the npc fisherman or see crocodiles, be bug in navezgane? please wait for your answer since we are desperate:miserable:

Hello to all.

I hope someone can help me out here.

The server runs, i can see it, but when i join the server, the server crash, and i get this error ( unknown command 'bc-time' )

Is there anyone there can help me out here please

I would guess your trying to use Bad Company Server Manager and 'something' within that is actually causing you issues. Don't know it since I only use Alloc's... Might have better response there?

becomes :

I hope it works.

UGGG!! Well... Its been a while but I got it close to how the girls wanted. No snakes, no 'weird animals' as they've put it such as no scorps, crocodiles, rhino's, hyena's, etc. No bandits and actually an extremely low chance for Paco, Yetti and Santa - 0.000001 or so.... When I checked 'vanilla' on Horizons seed, there were tonnes of Paco settlements! One town just to the left of 0,0 had a street filled with like 20 of the small churches (western?)... Not to mention a tonne of power plants too!

Anyway there were inter-dependencies with say for instance the spiders... I don't remember it all, nor wrote any of it down... But other mobs have a chance to spawn spiders, rad spiders, etc... Then there's the 'first one' where I think it may have been in the rwgmixer where it would lay down the spider nests and rad nests... What I did in that case was to have it lay down fertilized dirt! lol Changing the nests to fertilized dirt. At first I tried to put in the ambulance and the science truck... YIKES! There were tonnes of them all over the place!!! lol With certain bosses spawning other things like the spiders made it a bit hard. One other thing I did was to change some of the animals - say for arguements sake the rhino - I changed it to the wolf... Yikes! Too many wolves... Then there were things such as some entities where players! Yikes! As with the prior example of having too many wolves, there wasn't much ability to tune the numbers down by the 'max spawned animals' in serverconfig!!! Probably because of how they're handled... Donno...

I donno, it was a long grueling, mentally straining and taxing task... I'm not totally sure if I even tried the prob=0... I started by lowering them drastically but that didn't help. It went something like - lets try this, upload the files to the server, start the server, jump onto the server, enter Debug and look around... One 'session' like that took at least 1/2 hour!!! Unless I write a mod myself - I don't think I'll ever do that again!

Well... I'm back for more punishment lol

So Flu...

First thought was to take them out - flu and flu2...

Looks like I can edit the buffs xml and possibly change the increments to 0? Or can I just add water to the cure in the buffs(?) xml?

Up to you. You can cure it by eating fish,resting, or you can modify the xml as you suggested.

Up to you. You can cure it by eating fish,resting, or you can modify the xml as you suggested.

Well many of the others (5) are having problems with it. They try to rest on their bedroll, drink the tea but the flu quickly comes back, and that's why I'm back lol Going to try to add water and maybe a couple of charred meat to see if that'll work.

Hey guys, I first want to congratulate you for this mod, it's pretty amazing what I've seen from it so far. Especially the new animals, fishing and domesticating of animals, wow, feels like a new game! I'm personally not a big fan of having so many new plants and recipes, but you guys did a really good job with it, it looks awesome!

The only thing that keeps me from continuing to play is that tiny backpack. ;)

I really hate going back to that size when I know I could have more, it's so annoying to do 100 back and forths, when you could just keep looting if you had more space. Limited inventory is not the kind of challenge I'm looking for with a game. I saw some threads with larger backpacks for Starvation but they don't seem built for the latest version.

Anyways, it would be awesome if you could release a bigger backpack version on the mod launcher, most of the other mods have that, but I want to play yours. ;) I tried modifying your mod with the SDX Launcher, but sadly it seems like we cannot SDX modify and already SDX mod using that toolchain.

I really wish I could pick and choose independent features from different mods, and then add my own mods on top (SDX or not). Your animals, fishing and breeding, bad company's zombies, my survivors, bandits, brutes and new devices and weapons... that would be the best!!!

Is there a full download for client and server for this mod vs installing a launcher for it? I mainly ask because I assume your launcher will auto update the mod as expected when A17 comes out and the server we play on may not update to the next Alpha build and stay on A16 instead for awhile. So I thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance. :)

Is there a full download for client and server for this mod vs installing a launcher for it? I mainly ask because I assume your launcher will auto update the mod as expected when A17 comes out and the server we play on may not update to the next Alpha build and stay on A16 instead for awhile. So I thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance. :)

Untick Refresh Mods Automatically in the modlauncher, provided you're using spherii's modlauncher, ... and it will not auto-update then.

Hi. Want to ask the same to increase the volume of the backpack. Make a version of the fashion with an enlarged backpack and an enlarged trunk of a moped. You can certainly change a third-party mod, but there are errors due to incompatibility. You can play, but mistakes are frequent.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I think I've encountered a bug in this mod. When I craft a guard station and place it, I get the error "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when I try to use it and it does not stop displaying the error until I restart the game. This happens every time I try to use a guard station with male survivors near, this is the only station that has this error that I've seen so far.