A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

I've found that the hazmat gear only disappears when pressing shift and left click to equip. When just left clicked and dragged over seems to be fine. In my experience at least. Out of curiosity, is it just the hazmat shirt you are referring to ( that's where my problem was), or is the other parts too? Oh also, I don't believe the x rad shirt the craftable one will disappear.

Edited by Adam2535
Misspelling (see edit history)

@Cakesonaplane

This reminds me of the beginning of the TV show Red Dwarf. "They're dead Dave. Everybody's dead Dave...".

Yes my farmers are using the same fridge and icebox. Actually that's a lie. I have 4 farmers utilizing 2 fridges and 2 iceboxes.

I don't know how close the settlers have to be to utilize these resources so I've been sticking to a radius of 2. I broke them up into two groups in order to cover a larger field.

As for upgrading the storage boxes to ice boxes, I have done both. I have placed the farmer then the storage box and upgrade it. I have also placed the storage box, upgraded it then placed the farmer. Both scenarios worked fine for me.

I did still receive that error when first placing each farmer but they seem to function fine.

@zingo2

I don't believe your statement about electricity in vanilla not having a limit is true. Electricity has an absolute limit of 13 before you need a relay or something to extend it. Maybe I misunderstood your statement though. I'm not the brightest bulb in the shed...

@ColdGate

I noticed the same thing too! I lost a few coats so far. As someone else pointed out though manually moving the coat instead of using the click-shortcut works fine though. Hopefully they will sort that out in the future though but I'd rather they fix the buggy gas first :p

Cheers!

@Cakesonaplane

This reminds me of the beginning of the TV show Red Dwarf. "They're dead Dave. Everybody's dead Dave...".

Yes my farmers are using the same fridge and icebox. Actually that's a lie. I have 4 farmers utilizing 2 fridges and 2 iceboxes.

I don't know how close the settlers have to be to utilize these resources so I've been sticking to a radius of 2. I broke them up into two groups in order to cover a larger field.

As for upgrading the storage boxes to ice boxes, I have done both. I have placed the farmer then the storage box and upgrade it. I have also placed the storage box, upgraded it then placed the farmer. Both scenarios worked fine for me.

I did still receive that error when first placing each farmer but they seem to function fine.

I was reading about you guys having these problems with settlers and made me think about a different problem I noticed and wonder if maybe they are connected

I have gen bank running connected to battery bank than to fridge and crop plague light.

I have noticed when I unload the area than come back sometimes one random crop will have plague still.

Yet if I work around the area and don't unload the crop cycles never seem to have problems.

The food in fridge has not seemed to rot though so I been guessing that when the area reloads there is a "tick" that occurs that the plague light isn't powered that causes random chance of plague and the reason the refridge hasn't seem to cause problems is cause that just tosses a random "tick" of decay on the food but doesn't cause instant rot event.

Maybe something similar happening when you load/unload area with settlers?

I've noticed my cook and my farmer no longer "do" anything while I'm away from my base. Cook is supposed to be making cornbread and farmer obviously should be planting and harvesting. But no cornbread is made nor plants planted when I come back from looting.

They do however resume doing their tasks while I'm at the base. They used to work as long as they had materials.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to get their butts back in gear lol?

zombie sensed

mod ver. 16.0.0.26

cut his eyesight

zombies see the day through walls and rock

I understand you want to complicate the game

but it's all delusional to look, when you sit under the ground, and they feel you and see you :crushed:

I apologize for my English, but I hope I understood

I sorry for my English. Zombies feel and see you through the walls or through the rock. mod v. 16.0.0.26

cut his eyesight, as it is all crazy ;-(

they see it this way

I hope I understood:fat:

Zombies cannot see through walls or rock. They can hear you through walls and rock. They hear very well now.

- - - Updated - - -

How can my friend join my starvation game? I started a Survival MP game. Usually in steam she just clicks join game, but since it's from a launcher she can't? I gave her my IP and port for her to connect still doesn't work? How can this be done?

Install with the launcher. Press play once to complete the install. Exit out of the launcher. Locate the mod install directory, typically: C:\7D2D\StarvationMod\StarvationMod16

Run the game executable from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive been away training, got my CDL licence. Noticed no update in almost a month. Hope all is well with the team

Taking a break and working on new stuff.

Install with the launcher. Press play once to complete the install. Exit out of the launcher. Locate the mod install directory, typically: C:\7D2D\StarvationMod\StarvationMod16

>>> I will try this.

Thanks!!

She can just join the game then? Through steam? Or how should she join?

Zombies cannot see through walls or rock. They can hear you through walls and rock. They hear very well now.

- - - Updated - - -

When the zombies are on top and I'm down, and between us is a wall in two blocks,

then there is a seeing eye.

post a video?

and indeed they began to see you for three kilometer))) unreal

P.S. my English is bad ^-)

>>> I will try this.

Thanks!!

She can just join the game then? Through steam? Or how should she join?

I've never tried it, but I think it works like this: If you both have Starvation installed via the launcher, and you both follow the procedure above, you start a MP game, and starts hers up and she then selects the Peer tab and inputs your IP and port to connect.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Taking a break and working on new stuff.

I've never tried it, but I think it works like this: If you both have Starvation installed via the launcher, and you both follow the procedure above, you start a MP game, and starts hers up and she then selects the Peer tab and inputs your IP and port to connect.

Ohh okay. So she can't just join my game. She has to put in my ip and port?

How do you guys play with your friends? Start a Dedicated server? I'm not sure how to do that

Does anyone know whether the machette is bugged in the current release of Starvation mod? Someone just asked me about this and I can't craft one either. I have the skill, workbench, smith hammer, all materials, etc yet it keeps saying I don't have the required recipe.

Machete is not bugged. we have explained this a couple of times and its really a vanilla issue. In A15 TFP took away the book that you needed to read to make the machete and allowed you to buy a perk to make a machete. The problem was they forgot to tell the game that the book was no longer needed so even though you buy the perk you still cannot make the machete without reading the book and getting the recipe and so you are blocked from making the machete until they fix it. To give you a chance to make it Starvation added the recipe acquire as something you got as a reward as part of the bladed weapons question. Once you complete that quest you get the credit towards reading the recipe and you can make the machete. Right now the bladed weapon quest is hard to do because auto quests had to be turned off due to errors but that should be fixed in next updated. In the meantime you can assign the payer the question and they can learn how to make the machete

Machete is not bugged. we have explained this a couple of times and its really a vanilla issue. In A15 TFP took away the book that you needed to read to make the machete and allowed you to buy a perk to make a machete. The problem was they forgot to tell the game that the book was no longer needed so even though you buy the perk you still cannot make the machete without reading the book and getting the recipe and so you are blocked from making the machete until they fix it. To give you a chance to make it Starvation added the recipe acquire as something you got as a reward as part of the bladed weapons question. Once you complete that quest you get the credit towards reading the recipe and you can make the machete. Right now the bladed weapon quest is hard to do because auto quests had to be turned off due to errors but that should be fixed in next updated. In the meantime you can assign the payer the question and they can learn how to make the machete

Thanks for the reply :)

How do you fire up the turbines at the nuclear power plants now? I've got the reactors fired up with Uranium and the steel rings but the turbines state that they need a component of some sort. Google and forum searches seem to turn up nothing and Youtube only shows outdated info on how it all used to work... Any help on what I need to put into the turbine to make it work?

Just had a horde. It was super easy. Do I need to change the config for the blood horde moons? I just eliminated the diminish return to 0 and days alive bonus to 0.5 and times dying to 0.0. Hopefully that'll do it. Or I was thinking about adding guppy currs blood horde mood instead..? Any ideas..