A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Alright I'll download that 7d2d client and do file load defaults and by defaults it should have ALL of the Starvation mod files programmed into it and thus run without me having to download anything else into it. thanks I'll go do that.

Edit. Wow that client has like all the release mods in it. you where right. you guys should update it so it says just simply install this client and in the list it will retrieve the mod for you easy. I figured you needed to install the mod files elsewhere you forgot to list then use this client to get past the incompatibility of A16. but no you just need that simple thing excellent guys and thanks again.

On first Post:

[quote=Mortelentus;748628

We will providing the mod using Sphereii 7D2D Mod Launcher.

The launcher will replace / update all necessary files, so even if you have no contact with SDX, this should be straight forward.

Alright I'll download that 7d2d client and do file load defaults and by defaults it should have ALL of the Starvation mod files programmed into it and thus run without me having to download anything else into it. thanks I'll go do that.

Edit. Wow that client has like all the release mods in it. you where right. you guys should update it so it says just simply install this client and in the list it will retrieve the mod for you easy. I figured you needed to install the mod files elsewhere you forgot to list then use this client to get past the incompatibility of A16. but no you just need that simple thing excellent guys and thanks again.

Hi I am not part of the starvation mod team. I just lurk around this forum looking for updates and issues I myself might run into. But yes you are right they should include more precise instructions on how to get this mod working in A16. I think part of the problem is they're relying on a 3rd party software to install their mod this time. I think A15 starvation mod installation was theirs to begin with so they can write precise/concrete instructions. Have fun with Starvation Mod A16!

<saves>/<gamename>/MorteAnimals

Remove your .anm files (there should be quite a few). Worst that can happen is that your animals will lose some progression. That means it will take a bit for them to start breeding again and to stop running away from you, but it's possible that wont even happen.

I'll make another animal review soon, after I get pass yet another tough work period.

@Mort I just thinking about the animal issues. Since you're relying on a 3rd party to install these files, it might be possible the mod installer is not updating all files. The testing you've done is most likely on your development computer so you might not run into the issues we're seeing. Anyways, I installed starvation mod on another computer and created a brand new world in creative mode. I am still seeing that animals don't breed nor eat. Also, the first time you capture and drop them, they don't run away. Here are my world settings if you want to try to reproduce it:

Creative World

Difficulty: Scavenger

Daylight Length: 18

24 Hour Cycle: 10 minutes

Enemy Spawning: Off (Still creates spiders, cougars and all other starvation hostile animals)

1 male bull and 1 cow. 1 male pig and 1 female pig.

Enclosure is a small area in the nuclear power plant. Has 3000 animal feed and 2 water buckets in the trough.

Note: Even though enemy spawning = off, some starvation zombies spawned in the nuclear power plant.

We are waiting for your animal review but of course we all know real life comes first so take your time.

Edit: Farm animals found in the wild don't eat, die (naturally) nor reproduce right? I wonder if the animals that you've captured have somehow reset to those animals that are found in the wild? Just an idea.

Edited by PPanda0421
Thought of possible issue (see edit history)

So what I'm getting here is you download the Alpha 15 version and use that modded launcher to run it into Alpha 16? you gave only instructions to get that launcher and nothing else.

You don't use the old A15 version at all. You install the 7D2D modlauncher then use it to install the Starvation mod. The old A15 starvation launcher is not used.

I noticed on the F6 in game menu for spawning zombies, that none of the original zombies are there. Is there any way to still access them or do we just use their spawn entity code?

The F6 screen just isnt big enough to fit all the zombies. You can modify it in xml to hold more per screen if you know how to edit the UI xml.

Yes, I tested it. (Maybe you need to find a new MilitaryGuy to finish the quest, the Guy who gave me the first mission did not have the option of "I've got it", but a new one yes)

No problem with <item id="Q_FinalExam"> reguard, in mission 5/5 you ask us for 10 different objectives, divide it into 2 missions or ask us for a maximum of 8 objectives and the error will stop coming.

Also tested.

Thanks for testing. I'll reduce the objectives down to 8.

Hey you should put a place or a shoutbox on your website for people to submit ideas or potential requests of additions for this mod project. some people may even be able to quickly provide code fixes for bugged items such as the firefighter zombie headbox hit radius or is this already fixed?

I built a rooftop garden and planted some seeds, Then a solitary vulture came by and started dive bombing my crops while I was inside my house. Is this intended or was this some strange act of god? Lost my only bell pepper and aloe seeds.

Im guessing he was targeting you and the crops were in between?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey you should put a place or a shoutbox on your website for people to submit ideas or potential requests of additions for this mod project. some people may even be able to quickly provide code fixes for bugged items such as the firefighter zombie headbox hit radius or is this already fixed?

Cant fix the headbox without having the original unity package, which we dont have.

That's what i figured. :) i know the codes for the originals so it's no big thing. Also, Is the wallbreaker not on it, or am i missing it?

I just added Dust's spawner menu edits to starvation and they work perfectly. I'll probably add to the official release in the next patch or 2. You can find the edits here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72249-Bigger-spawn-menu-360-entities&highlight=spawnmenu

Stress Resistance requires 999 SP per level? What am I missing here? Need 7/7 in both Zen Master and Stress Resistance to craft the Med carpet.

It's intended to be very difficult to earn. You have to meditate to really work it up. Crouch on your bed with your health, thirst, and hunger over 75%. You will enter the meditate state and you'll see the buff icon show up.

That being said, it still takes forever to increase.

But it says solar bank can be crafted, but it can not

As I said, they are both made by survivors. Specifically mechanics.

The receipts are not on autolearn list, so you will need to acquire some and teach them... My advise is not to try until you skill them all the way up.

I built a rooftop garden and planted some seeds, Then a solitary vulture came by and started dive bombing my crops while I was inside my house. Is this intended or was this some strange act of god? Lost my only bell pepper and aloe seeds.

I assume based on the in-game description that glass block ceilings will permit sunlight to get through to plants, and probably protect farms from vultures or climbers. Has anyone verified that this is the case?

It's intended to be very difficult to earn. You have to meditate to really work it up. Crouch on your bed with your health, thirst, and hunger over 75%. You will enter the meditate state and you'll see the buff icon show up.

That being said, it still takes forever to increase.

So basically, the med carpet is something I will never see...

So basically, the med carpet is something I will never see...

We are discussing lowering the perk requirement for it

- - - Updated - - -

I assume based on the in-game description that glass block ceilings will permit sunlight to get through to plants, and probably protect farms from vultures or climbers. Has anyone verified that this is the case?

They let light through, but they block "opensky", which is a requirement for some things, but plants should grow as there is light, assuming water is available.

But it says solar bank can be crafted, but it can not

You need the smith to make the glass panels, then the mechanic makes the cells and the bank iirc. I forget exactly, but I have made both banks and cells with our mechanic before he died.

- - - Updated - - -

I use iron bars for mine. :) bullet proof glass can be troublesome for like, but shower glass will work,.

- - - Updated - - -

Any suggestion on how to level up the mechanic? Springs are too expensive and aparentely NAILS cannot be crafted.

https://i.imgur.com/hEfKC2i.jpg

This is all the intell we've gathered on the crafters so far by trying to teach them various things, forgive, we did it at max level so i dont know what he can learn at which level at this time.

Mechanic - needs storage building container for raw mats and a Storage Weapons container for the end products. Requires a male survivor to be placed.

Nails (is broken), Spring, Bullet Casing Pack, Bullet Tip Pack, Small Generator, Diesel Generator, Steel Boots, Steel Gloves, Steel Helmet, Steel Chest Armor, Steel Leg Armor, Parts for: Hunting Rifle, PSG-1 Rifle, Assault Rifle, Steampunk Revolver, Pistol, Shotgun, SMG, AK-47, Receivers/Cylinder for: Hunting Rifle, PSG-1 Rifle, AK-47, SMG, Shotgun, Steampunk Revolver, Pistol, Full Gun Assembly for: ACW, MTAR-21, AK-47, PSG-1, SMG, .44 Mag, Revolver, Pistol, Steampunk Revolver, Hunting Rifle, Shotgun, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Air Conditioner, Solar Bank, Solar Cells, Buechse

Weaponsmith - needs storage container for end product and raw mats. Requires a male survivor to be placed (will also use Fisherman, Scientist, Military Guy).

Ceramic Armor Plate, SteelPlate, ArmoredPlate, Iron Arrowhead Pack, Steel Arrowhead Pack, Metal Frame, Small Deposit, Generator Housing, Fuel Deposit, Glass Plates, Steel Fireaxe, Machete, Bear Trap, Forged Steel, Wrench, Rolling Garage Door, Barrel/Frame for: SMG, Assault Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun Short, Shotgun Long, AK-47, PSG-1, Hunting Rifle, Steampunk Revolver, Grip/Stock for: Steampunk Revolver, SMG, Pistol, Shotgun, Shotgun Short, Assault Rifle, AK-47, Hunting Rifle, PSG-1, Industrial Light - Broken

Cook Chef - Will use refrigerator to collect and place materials. Requires a female survivor to be placed (not the little girl).

cornBread, eggboiled, cornOnTheCob, grilledMeat, charredMeat, boiledMeat, baconAndEggs, coffee, vegetableStew, goldenRodTea, redTea, meatStew, blueberryPie

Edited by PurgatoryWolf (see edit history)