A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

hello, i was on the archery quest 4/5 and completed it and changing to 5/5 run in the a Null Ref error . game full stucked.

I research the xml files and i think i found the error in the quests.xml file.

At the end of Quest Archery 5/5 ; id="Q_WAR5" ; the pointer is <reward type="Item" id="Q_FinalExam" />

Maybe i'm wrong but i think it has to be <reward type="Quest" id="FEX" />

because:

a. where is no item in items.xml called id="Q_FinalExam"

b. in the quests.xml the quest ; name="Final Exam" ; has the id="FEX"

This error is at all 5/5 quest .. rifle, blunt, knife, ...

Maybe this can be fixed soon.

Thank you

<item id="797" name="Q_FinalExam">

<property name="Extends" value="challengeQuestMaster" />

<property class="Action1">

<property name="QuestGiven" value="FEX" />

</property>

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="Q_FinalExamDesc" />

</item>

I don't see the problem. Should work.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

You need the Moonshine workstation, the gas tank (big yellow container), and biogas generator.

DO NOT MESS WITH RUNNING PIPES TO IT.

Just place the Gas tank and Moonshine next to each other, no pipes required. It will only let you place it a certain way as to be functionally next to the Gas Tank.

These workstations require a lot of space, so prepare carefully.

Weird, I tried that, and it didn't work for me, I had to run pipes.

Hello! Thanks for the great mod!

Where is this files located? serverside ? Path?

What happend if i delete all files ?

<saves>/<gamename>/MorteAnimals

Remove your .anm files (there should be quite a few). Worst that can happen is that your animals will lose some progression. That means it will take a bit for them to start breeding again and to stop running away from you, but it's possible that wont even happen.

I'll make another animal review soon, after I get pass yet another tough work period.

Linux crash

Linux server (Ubuntu 17.10 artful) crash with this mod with exception:

2018-01-30T23:44:32 55.082 INF createWorld: Random Gen, My Game, GameModeSurvivalMP

Exception: Block with name 'lootRad' not found!

at WorldBiomes.KH (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.NH (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.NH (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.AH (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+BI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Full log: https://pastebin.com/9HPFddKu

<saves>/<gamename>/MorteAnimals

Remove your .anm files (there should be quite a few). Worst that can happen is that your animals will lose some progression. That means it will take a bit for them to start breeding again and to stop running away from you, but it's possible that wont even happen.

I'll make another animal review soon, after I get pass yet another tough work period.

My server owner went through last night and deleted 32,000 animal files 9basically anything older then jan 14). We'll see how it goes.

Good morning, STARVATION is currently having what kind of difficulties, what I have to do inside the game, I talk about survival, Boss, Zombie, Horde, new monsters and mission, I played for weeks and did not find many difficulties, the Boss did not come to attack me yet, is there some kind of configuration to increase the difficulty?

Good morning, STARVATION is currently having what kind of difficulties, what I have to do inside the game, I talk about survival, Boss, Zombie, Horde, new monsters and mission, I played for weeks and did not find many difficulties, the Boss did not come to attack me yet, is there some kind of configuration to increase the difficulty?

Difficulty is linked to your GameStage. You can increase your gamestage difficulty bonus for your chosen difficulty level, which is in the first line of gamestages.xml. For example, if you are playing on the warrior level, change warriorGameDifficultyBonus="0.6" to warriorGameDifficultyBonus="1.0" or more. You can also add to the bonus for daya alive, and reduce the number that makes it easier after you die. Once you gamestage is greater than 1000, the game starts getting difficult.

Is there any way to increase the zombie's radius of vision? Do you know how I can do this?

How to set up a way to be INSANE?

<gamestages>

<config

startingWeight ="1"

scavengerGameDifficultyBonus="0"

adventurerGameDifficultyBonus="0.1"

nomadGameDifficultyBonus="0.2"

warriorGameDifficultyBonus="1.0"

survivalistGameDifficultyBonus="1.5"

insaneGameDifficultyBonus="2.0"

daysAliveDifficultyBonus="0.1"

daysAliveChangeWhenKilled ="2"

diminishingReturns ="0.2"

/>

only goes until 5?

serverconfig.xml

<property name="GameDifficulty" value="5"/> <!-- 0 - 5, 0=easiest, 5=hardest -->

Edited by skolano (see edit history)

On quest id="quest_militaryAid"

<objective type="ZombieKill" id="radApe" value="1"

It must be changed to:

<objective type="AnimalKill" id="radApe" value="1" />

Did you test to confirm that fixes it?

If so, i'll add to next patch.

Is there any way to increase the zombie's radius of vision? Do you know how I can do this?

How to set up a way to be INSANE?

<gamestages>

<config

startingWeight ="1"

scavengerGameDifficultyBonus="0"

adventurerGameDifficultyBonus="0.1"

nomadGameDifficultyBonus="0.2"

warriorGameDifficultyBonus="1.0"

survivalistGameDifficultyBonus="1.5"

insaneGameDifficultyBonus="2.0"

daysAliveDifficultyBonus="0.1"

daysAliveChangeWhenKilled ="2"

diminishingReturns ="0.2"

/>

only goes until 5?

serverconfig.xml

<property name="GameDifficulty" value="5"/> <!-- 0 - 5, 0=easiest, 5=hardest -->

You only get 6 difficultty levels, but each one is customizable. If you want to play super insane, pick 5 and change insanegamedifficulty bonus to a larger number, like 3.0 or 4.0. You can also increase the days alive bonus, and change the killed bonus to 0

<item id="797" name="Q_FinalExam">

<property name="Extends" value="challengeQuestMaster" />

<property class="Action1">

<property name="QuestGiven" value="FEX" />

</property>

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="Q_FinalExamDesc" />

</item>

I don't see the problem. Should work.

I just tried the blade weapon 4/5 quest again, spawning in the animals needed for completion and killing them. Same issue as before, null reference spam locking my game. Since I have admin-access I could recreate my Player file so no harm done this time, and this time around I didnt buy the machete recepie beforehand. I hope this gets fixed, I really miss my machete from vanilla.

I just tried the blade weapon 4/5 quest again, spawning in the animals needed for completion and killing them. Same issue as before, null reference spam locking my game. Since I have admin-access I could recreate my Player file so no harm done this time, and this time around I didnt buy the machete recepie beforehand. I hope this gets fixed, I really miss my machete from vanilla.

When does it null ref? Exactly after the final kill?

So what I'm getting here is you download the Alpha 15 version and use that modded launcher to run it into Alpha 16? you gave only instructions to get that launcher and nothing else.

For single player this is what I did:

1. Log into steam and download/get the most recent 7D2D version 16.4

2. Download and run the modded launcher.

3. Select Starvation mod component.

4. Select copy from existing copy *. At this point you'll have to point to the steam 7D2D vanilla folder on your hard drive.

5. Select the folder where you want starvation mod to be installed.

6. Click 'Install Game Copy'.

As for options I just have 'Refresh Mods Automatically' and 'Update Registry' checked.

Make sure when you run the 7D2D Mod Launcher you run it as administrator. Also the steam client must be running in the background.

For single player this is what I did:

1. Log into steam and download/get the most recent 7D2D version 16.4

2. Download and run the modded launcher.

3. Select Starvation mod component.

4. Select copy from existing copy *. At this point you'll have to point to the steam 7D2D vanilla folder on your hard drive.

5. Select the folder where you want starvation mod to be installed.

6. Click 'Install Game Copy'.

As for options I just have 'Refresh Mods Automatically' and 'Update Registry' checked.

Make sure when you run the 7D2D Mod Launcher you run it as administrator. Also the steam client must be running in the background.

Where do you get the starvation mod component I see no download in the top page?

Did you test to confirm that fixes it?

If so, i'll add to next patch.

Yes, I tested it. (Maybe you need to find a new MilitaryGuy to finish the quest, the Guy who gave me the first mission did not have the option of "I've got it", but a new one yes)

When does it null ref? Exactly after the final kill?

No problem with <item id="Q_FinalExam"> reguard, in mission 5/5 you ask us for 10 different objectives, divide it into 2 missions or ask us for a maximum of 8 objectives and the error will stop coming.

Also tested.

Alright I'll download that 7d2d client and do file load defaults and by defaults it should have ALL of the Starvation mod files programmed into it and thus run without me having to download anything else into it. thanks I'll go do that.

Edit. Wow that client has like all the release mods in it. you where right. you guys should update it so it says just simply install this client and in the list it will retrieve the mod for you easy. I figured you needed to install the mod files elsewhere you forgot to list then use this client to get past the incompatibility of A16. but no you just need that simple thing excellent guys and thanks again.

Edited by LordSyke (see edit history)