A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Good night, I have not played STARVATION for some months, I have some doubts, have changed the difficulty of the game? They took away as professions, most of the handicrafts you can create in the hand, played for hours and practically makes a base so fast that it was kind of bland, the MODE very good and has enormous potential, I love playing with it, but it has how to create more Difficulty in crafting, such as when you take down a tree come trunk and twig, to make accurate wooden frame block prior, the way that starvation is, any single person can play without problem.

Starvation never had professions - that was other mods but not Starvation. Nothing in Starvation has been made 'easier' since its original inception. A16 phase 1 was basically just making Starvation work with version 16 of 7DTD. Since then we are into adding new systems and content to the game but have not fundamentally changed anything about Starvation. I think your remembering a different mod. If its been sometime since you played this mod with professions then you were probably playing Valmod and not Starvation. Vlamod was pretty much the mod that originated professions but Starvation never used that system, never had professions in it and we have no plans to add them

While we are adding to crafting there is only so much 'difficulty' you can add to it and what you are suggesting is what many people would complain as just adding busy work - as it is they complain that much of the steps we have added to crafting and the crafting requirements make it too time consuming.

Starvation was never premised as being a mod that would require cooperative play and that you could not play it single player. That is staying in accordance with 7DTD. Its never been a game that force d you to play with others but if you select your settings correctly you can make it so that you cannot really play alone. I find that most people saying that its too easy cause they can play alone, even in vanilla, are not playing at the hardest settings. That said there are aspects in Starvation like the events that are things you really cannot do as a single player and you are even warned not to try and do so.

Hey,

Is there any guide or instruction to install starvation to a rented server? via fpt or something like that?

If your renting form a game server host they would install 7DTD for you and then you would have to get the md and install yourself, if they let you. MOst will have the mod available to install through their service especially when the mod installs dlls and other files hosts don't often let you change.

If your are renting a whole box or VM, then you would first need to install 7DTD vanilla server and get it up and running on the network, Once its running you would install the mod in the correct manner, delete any vanilla world you generated while seetting up the vanilla world and the start up the server and generate a starvation world.

Enjoying the mod but have a question/bug report. So if I kill a Goat out in the wild and butcher it I get, normal meat in addition to the other normal things. If I capture/tame a goat, bring it back to my base and put it in the pen area I have and then kill it I get rotten meat instead of normal.

Is this supposed to be this way? The goats at my base have troughs with food (and water, not sure if they need that) and have been breeding like crazy so they should be healthy.

But without any harvestable attribute the goats are a bit useless if I can't slaughter them for normal meat.

Anyway, great mod and good job with it and I hope you keep up the good work!

If your renting form a game server host they would install 7DTD for you and then you would have to get the md and install yourself, if they let you. MOst will have the mod available to install through their service especially when the mod installs dlls and other files hosts don't often let you change.

If your are renting a whole box or VM, then you would first need to install 7DTD vanilla server and get it up and running on the network, Once its running you would install the mod in the correct manner, delete any vanilla world you generated while seetting up the vanilla world and the start up the server and generate a starvation world.

Maybe i do something wrong but i installed other mods and they are work fine, valmod, wotv, and etc, but this one dont work on my nitrado server! Installed 7 days to die to my server, started a random world without a mod, server started without a problem, stopped, deleted the worlds, copied the files from starvation master folder, started the server, and dang its not working, waited like an hour after i hit the start server, and its says the server started but cant find, when i try to connect with the ip in game, the game says server initializing or something like that. Hope you can help somehow we really wanna try this mod, its look so cool!!

Thanks

Enjoying the mod but have a question/bug report. So if I kill a Goat out in the wild and butcher it I get, normal meat in addition to the other normal things. If I capture/tame a goat, bring it back to my base and put it in the pen area I have and then kill it I get rotten meat instead of normal.

Is this supposed to be this way? The goats at my base have troughs with food (and water, not sure if they need that) and have been breeding like crazy so they should be healthy.

But without any harvestable attribute the goats are a bit useless if I can't slaughter them for normal meat.

That is what I am experiencing as well. Free-roam goats drop meat, bred goats drop rotten meat.

Pretty sure it's a bug or xml config issue.

Good afternoon!!!

Thank you for your attention !!!

Is there any way to set up STARVATION with an option maybe in XML for every night come Horde to attack your base, making you need to create a base where the focus is to survive and expand your defenses, just like MOD Gnamod Horde Mode, everything there is in XML, would be perfect along with the horde nortuna and the perfect gameplay of STARVATION but I still did not succeed trying to create this w

Up to day 37 now, 60 minute days, Survivalist, 16 hour days..started game that way.

Got to say this new version of Starvation is great. Hard, challenging!

Used to play on the final A15 Starvation version, this one is much better. I still have not moved difficulty to Insane yet, which says a lot.

Hi ,FYI , I was on the rifles quest and completed 4 of 5 and toggled the 5th stage active and had a Null Ref and locked up the game , ps , first thread ,,not sure if in right place

Also seem to have lost this quest ,,is there anyway to reactivate it cos Im not sure where this quest started from

Fixed in next patch. The quests start at the game beginning when you set down a bedroll. Without admin access you cant restart it. The quest ID is <quest id="Q_WRI"

hello, i was on the archery quest 4/5 and completed it and changing to 5/5 run in the a Null Ref error . game full stucked.

I research the xml files and i think i found the error in the quests.xml file.

At the end of Quest Archery 5/5 ; id="Q_WAR5" ; the pointer is <reward type="Item" id="Q_FinalExam" />

Maybe i'm wrong but i think it has to be <reward type="Quest" id="FEX" />

because:

a. where is no item in items.xml called id="Q_FinalExam"

b. in the quests.xml the quest ; name="Final Exam" ; has the id="FEX"

This error is at all 5/5 quest .. rifle, blunt, knife, ...

Maybe this can be fixed soon.

Thank you

how are you getting them to breed??? I Can't get my stock to breed.

- - - Updated - - -

Good afternoon!!!

Thank you for your attention !!!

Is there any way to set up STARVATION with an option maybe in XML for every night come Horde to attack your base, making you need to create a base where the focus is to survive and expand your defenses, just like MOD Gnamod Horde Mode, everything there is in XML, would be perfect along with the horde nortuna and the perfect gameplay of STARVATION but I still did not succeed trying to create this w

Load up your base with torches so you get screamers, and just let them scream.

- - - Updated - - -

Good Lord I just got owned by Santa's evil elves. Are they defeatable? Also great mod guys but the wiki news serious work.

Ffs spawned back in and a damn snowman ♥♥♥♥ed me up lol thing sounds scary as hell

If I don't want to deal with santa and his hell spawn, I just kill him from a distance. :D

how are you getting them to breed??? I Can't get my stock to breed.

Put a male and a female into the enclosure. If they are fed using trough, they will start producing small offspring. I think both genders vary in size, so it's easy to tell them apart. I just don't know if the large one is supposed to be male or female.

With bunnies however, you can just put one into the rabbit enclosure (in case of rabbit enclosure, that is an actual craftable object), then put in one rabbit, some rabbit feed and a bucket of water, and they will start to multiply regardless of whether both male and female are present, you just need one.

Edited by Syphon (see edit history)

Put a male and a female into the enclosure. If they are fed using trough, they will start producing small offspring. I think both genders vary in size, so it's easy to tell them apart. I just don't know if the large one is supposed to be male or female.

With bunnies however, you can just put one into the rabbit enclosure (in case of rabbit enclosure, that is an actual craftable object), then put in one rabbit, some rabbit feed and a bucket of water, and they will start to multiply regardless of whether both male and female are present, you just need one.

@Syphon Some of us are Starvation Mod veterans. From what I've seen so far from his posts, PurgatoryWolf is also very familiar with Starvation mod's features, including animal husbandry. We are following the normal procedures to breed the large animals: Get 1 male and 1 female and enclose them. Put animal feed and water bucket in the trough and in the enclosure. After x hours have passed they will eat and eventually breed. The issue is that more recent updates appears have broken large animal breeding. My cows and pigs used to breed before but now they are no longer breeding. Others have seen it also. We're just wondering if you are doing anything different.

Rabbit and chicken breeding appears to be working still.

BTW, the larger ones are usually the male.

Arrow Head Pack

Hello to all.

I cannot find in this massive thread, nor at "Starvation Mod Wiki" (which last updated March 2017), how to make Steel Arrow Head Packs.

In the description is says "With Smith Hammer", but where? I have it on my hand, but cannot make them.

Which workbench I need to be at?

Thanks in advance.

[quote=Panmilios;784161how to make Steel Arrow Head Packs.

In the description is says "With Smith Hammer", but where? I have it on my hand, but cannot make them.

Which workbench I need to be at?

Thanks in advance.

That's a weaponsmith survivor exclusive receipt. The tool that automatically determines the workstations always gets fooled by those. We'll fix when possible, as well as the wiki.with limited time and manpower it's hard to keep everything fully updated.

For people with problems breeding animals, my advise would be to clean up your animal files. The worst that can happen is for them to loose some progress but they may start working again. All my test server animals are still breeding and i haven't Priorized that particular problem.

For people with problems breeding animals, my advise would be to clean up your animal files. The worst that can happen is for them to loose some progress but they may start working again. All my test server animals are still breeding and i haven't Priorized that particular problem.

Hello! Thanks for the great mod!

Where is this files located? serverside ? Path?

What happend if i delete all files ?

@Syphon Some of us are Starvation Mod veterans. From what I've seen so far from his posts, PurgatoryWolf is also very familiar with Starvation mod's features, including animal husbandry. We are following the normal procedures to breed the large animals: Get 1 male and 1 female and enclose them. Put animal feed and water bucket in the trough and in the enclosure. After x hours have passed they will eat and eventually breed. The issue is that more recent updates appears have broken large animal breeding. My cows and pigs used to breed before but now they are no longer breeding. Others have seen it also. We're just wondering if you are doing anything different.

Rabbit and chicken breeding appears to be working still.

BTW, the larger ones are usually the male.

Yeah, I've gotten them to breed several patches ago but nothing now. However, they have stopped randomly dying, but they have also stopped eating. The goats, on the other hand, and breeding like roaches. I had 3 in the pin, came back an hour real time later and had 9 in the pin, and 2 more poped up in the process of collecting the extra goats... lololol.....

I have been harvesting the pigs/cows/sheep hoping that would spur on the breeding, but no such luck.

---- PS: I'm female. ;)

That's a weaponsmith survivor exclusive receipt. The tool that automatically determines the workstations always gets fooled by those. We'll fix when possible, as well as the wiki.with limited time and manpower it's hard to keep everything fully updated.

I'll pass the word along to the server owner, and will let you know.

--Edit: just spoke to him, he said there were 33,000 files older than January 14th (when your patch rolled out) so he's in the process of deleting those as I type this. Hopefully it's the proper folder, AnimalMorte.

How can I convert Gas Barrels to Gas Cans? I've read the Gas Can book, but still can't convert my barrels into it. I've tried using chemical station, campfire with beaker and workbench - but with no success...

Moonshine station.. Need to build a gas tank, then some gas line pipes, connect them to the gas tank, then you can place the moonshine by the pipes. I also recommend a valve in there somewhere. Be patient, the pipes can be a pain to place with the gas tank sometimes.. You will also need a bio digester and gas cylinders to make the fuel.

Edited by PurgatoryWolf (see edit history)

How can I convert Gas Barrels to Gas Cans? I've read the Gas Can book, but still can't convert my barrels into it. I've tried using chemical station, campfire with beaker and workbench - but with no success...

You need the Moonshine workstation, the gas tank (big yellow container), and biogas generator.

DO NOT MESS WITH RUNNING PIPES TO IT.

Just place the Gas tank and Moonshine next to each other, no pipes required. It will only let you place it a certain way as to be functionally next to the Gas Tank.

These workstations require a lot of space, so prepare carefully.

@Mort IMO animal husbandry is one of the major features that sets it apart from other 7D2D mods so think it should be higher priority than other issues, especially if half or more of the players experience the issue. I think animal husbandry is up there with settlement NPCs and bandits. Another thing is you should not assume that players will restart a world from scratch every time a new build/patch is released. Any patches should not break existing worlds/features. If (new) builds/patches require a brand new world to work, then you should let us know.

As for the fix, I am trying several things.

1. Setup another enclosure far away from my main base with a cow and bull. Test still ongoing.

2. Picked up all large animals and placed them down again in my main base. Issue still exists.

3. I had a bunch of large animals in my chests so I killed all but one of each male and female (max animals in area checks?). Issue still exists.

4. Removed existing troughs and made new ones, 1 for each enclosure. I think there might issues with multiple troughs within a certain range of each other. Issue still exists (animals not breeding/eating).

5. Wasn't sure what you were talking about regarding animal files so I poked around and found the 'MorteAnimals' folder. I deleted all the files in that folder. Went back into the game and the folder was repopulated. I looked at one of the files. In the file line 1 is a number (assuming animal ID) and the rest of the lines are 0s. Not sure what that means or if that is correct. Test still ongoing.

6. I noticed that after placing a newly acquired animal down, they don't run away anymore like they used to.

Regarding wiki and manpower. I think one of the issues is that the patch notes don't go into much detail. I know that you like to give vague notes so that we figure out things for ourselves for us to experience the 'surprise.'. The problem is we don't know if something could be a bug so we post strange behavior on this forum. I think it would be easier for you (and us) to give out as much info as you can in patch notes. Perhaps adding a spoiler section for people who want to figure it out for themselves. You could add spoiler sections in both the patch notes and wiki.