A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

I'm most probably wrong about this,but can it have something to do with line 1076 in quests.xml being <reward type="Item" id="Q_FinalExam" /> instead of <reward type="Quest" id="FEX" />? I think Rifles 5/5 is supposed to give the player the "Boss of Bosses" quest next.

The way you ask for help is very interesting,and i'm fully motivated to take a look. We will take a peak when possible, if someone already peaked the xml feel free to throw us a tip.

Sorry, To say I was frustrated at the time is an understatement. A friend of mine that has Xml knowledge looked at the file, and even HE couldn't figure it out. The only thing he or I can think of is that there may be too many 'objectives' for the game's HUD to handle. But when I attempted this fix the quest disappeared entirely. So at least the save is usable again.

I think the quest disappearance is due to my use of removequest while it spammed errors, though I noticed that givequest can't be used to re-add any quests... even default ones. o.O

Out of curiosity, how do people feel about Incendiary rounds? Due to requests from friends, I ended up dabbling in xml and made a couple specialty rounds for the "bigger" caliber bullets (As well as exploding arrows.) With things like Dragon's Breath and Steel Darts for shotguns, and Incendiary rounds for .50 BMG, 7.62, and 5.56, Feel like there'd be some viable alternatives to JUST 7.62 Uranium. Because an ACW with Uranium rounds out-performs 90% of all weapons from my experience... and makes even the MRL a joke.

With that in mind, I'm leaving the option up here if anyone wants (and if I'm allowed) to post files with the relevant coding. Things like Shotguns and the Minigun do require editing to their relevant sections though.

(Reminds me... why is the Plasma Rifle superbly unerpowered? Max Rifles skill, max rifle bonus skill, and a 600 quality one only does 63 dmg-ish? It can barely kill regular zeds!)

Just return to starvation and checked new UI. Guys, you forget to add temperature to main UI, its game about overheating, so its looks weird and extreme unhandy at least.

Let's agree to disagree. I don't know the demand for that, for I don't feel any urgent need for it. As you said, being a game about survival you need to watch for warning signs, not expect them do be delivered to you...

Let's agree to disagree. I don't know the demand for that, for I don't feel any urgent need for it. As you said, being a game about survival you need to watch for warning signs, not expect them do be delivered to you...

It's more of a handy, quality-of-life thing. With the fix to it showing when a warning pops up though, it's not nearly as much of an issue as it was when the HUD first dropped. Keep up the good work!

Bee products, recipes failure?

Hello,

I experience a bug with bees products.

when I am trying to process the raw honey comb (rawHoneycomb) in kitchen table (kitchenWorkbench) it states i need to use Cookingware tool. (COOKINGWARE REQIED in station status) Problem is i cannot put cookingware tool into kitchen table. I looked up into recipes.xml and there seems to be all ok.. Is it any hardcoded mistake? Where I make a honey in big oven or in kitchen table?

Is it only me to have this bug? Same for others bee products.

Err... reminds me, if I could catch ya for a few mins I'd love to ask a few thigns about how Exosuits are set up... I was trying to make an alternate set with higher stats (and a higher repair/ power cost) but I'm failing to get a new buff to apply when the new set is equipped.

(made a new buf called AdvexoSuit, and changed the set and setbuff of the new set to that. But it's not applying the energy bar to the hud, or counting for any exo buffs. I essentilly copied both the Exosuit and Exosuit buff to start with, and that seemed to fail. Is it coded in a different xml?)

edit: Actually it DOES apply the new Advexosuit buff. But it doesn't apply any accompanying buffs, or the HUD. Seeking the connection between the main buff and the support buffs/ power hud.

Edited by Zeorik (see edit history)

Bee products, recipes failure?

Hello,

I experience a bug with bee products.

when I am trying to process the raw honey comb (rawHoneycomb) in kitchen table (kitchenWorkbench) it states i need to use Cookingware tool. (COOKINGWARE REQIED in station status) Problem is i cannot put cookingware tool into kitchen table. I looked up into recipes.xml and there seems to be all ok.. Is it any hardcoded mistake? Where I make a honey in big oven or in kitchen table?

Hey Mortelentus I have been messing with sdx and have had a lot of success adding my own models and things. I'm really trying to figure out a way to make an npc act like a workstation when you click on them. Ideally I would like for them to also wander around. I have tried looking into the settlers mod to try and learn about how you guys did that and modify it to my need with no luck yet. Is there any chance you could get me pointed in the right direction to make this happen, if it's even possible? Thanks, I love everything you have done so far

Hello,

I experience a bug with bee products.

Most of the new Honey items have xml issues, and will be fixed in the next patch.

Hey guys something weird is happening to my game... (Yes, Im playing on newest Starvation mode) For 3 days now the weather is foggy i'll also add screenshot.And when I get a bee sting I can not cure it...Tried Antibiotics,Painkiller,Herbal Painkiller,First aid kit and the Bug Bite cream but nothing works the Bee Sting effect is still there.Untitled.jpg.1d673a0feec7f02f91c34b78cb845594.jpg

Hey guys something weird is happening to my game... (Yes, Im playing on newest Starvation mode) For 3 days now the weather is foggy i'll also add screenshot.And when I get a bee sting I can not cure it...Tried Antibiotics,Painkiller,Herbal Painkiller,First aid kit and the Bug Bite cream but nothing works the Bee Sting effect is still there.[ATTACH=CONFIG]23825[/ATTACH]

Santo, the picture you've shown us is the healing effect, not the bee sting effect. The bee sting affect looks like bees. If you open your character screen you can click on the any buffs/debuffs/effects and see what you have. I've found that only painkillers removes the bee stings although I haven't tried the herbal painkiller.

Edit: I'm on SP, so I don't know if what you're describing is on MP.

The Screenshot shows the foggy weather not the bee sting effect...Btw its been 5 days now and the weather still haven't changed is there a way to do in manually ?

I play on SP too and as I said Painkillers did not work for me.

Sounds like you might not have the latest version or some files might not have updated. I'd make sure all the files have been updated properly. I use the 7D2D launcher and I have the 'refresh mods automatically' and 'Update Registry' options checked. Sometimes I would just click on the 'Pre-Sync Mod' button beforehand. Got a question though, when do you pop the painkiller? Do you pop it right away after opening the beehive and hearing the bees? I usually wait until after I open all the beehives and after the bees sound goes away.

I don't think the starvation mod modifies weather in the game. So that could be a vanilla bug.

The problem is that everything was working just fine until this type of weather appeared, before that weather was changing normally It was sunny rainy etc etc...If i enable cheat mode is there a way to change or change it with a command ?

Ohh, and about the Bee sting effect.I used painkillers after the sound of the bee's was gone because when you hear the sound the effect is not yet there.It applies when the sound goes off.

Edit : I did the Pre-Sync mod and problem is still there, Also there is no way im using outdated files because im not getting any errors

Edit 2 : Fixed the weather issue, had to change day/night cycle to 60 minutes instead of 90.

Edited by santosiebie15 (see edit history)

I mean no disrespect but I don't think the wiki answers the question in enough detail for what's being asked. According to the Wiki:

'Each survivor will need food to survive after recruitment. They will “look” for food on nearby secure refrigerators.'

Although it does say what container the food needs to be in, this doesn't answer the question all that precisely of how close it must be to survivors, in blocks. "Nearby" could be 8 blocks, it could be 16. Whether the range is also covered vertically is also not addressed in the wiki, so the need to build multiple fridges for multiple floors of survivor workstations is not known. Whether the distance is in a square around the fridge or a circle. also not known, for example, and to assume these things could cost resources unnecessarily.

The wiki also has a few outdated parts here, take the mechanic for example:

"Mechanic - needs storage building container for raw mats and a Storage Weapons container for the end products."

I don't believe either of these items exist anymore due to the paint system A16 introduced. I haven't got this far in my games yet, so I assume that the right box to place is the Secure Storage Box, so one for input and one for output would be needed, unless the team re-added these containers.

Details for the glass worker station is also not present here so would also be a good one to add, since this station has no documentation as of yet. I haven't built one yet myself but I assume it is for jars and window panes etc since you can no longer make this in the forge.

Again I mean no disrespect and think the starvation team are doing an awesome job, but if there's updates would be good to make sure the wiki is updated as well as having the details in the patch notes, including fixes (which I see they have been doing for newer things like bees and mining machines) and other things that would affect crafting.

I'd be happy to help contribute to the wiki as well, someone PMed me and I made a wikidot account as requested, but never got added to the editors team, so if you need help maintaining it, let me know :)