Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

wtf... I have NEVER seen anything beeing this brightly orange... the sun... sure... but the surfaces? I mean seriously o_O

You need to travel Earth more, light is amazing at some places depending ot atmosphere, dist particles, wind, clouds, shadows. Hope you see irl something like that..I mean the sunset, not the apocalypce :D

You need to travel Earth more, light is amazing at some places depending ot atmosphere, dist particles, wind, clouds, shadows. Hope you see irl something like that..I mean the sunset, not the apocalypce :D

As someone who is from the panhandle of Texas (plains, semi-arid desert biomes), has visited parts of New Mexico, as well as currently living in Oklahoma, I can tell you folks that those kinds of fireball orange sunsets do happen.

Usually when there's a lot of dust and smoke in the air. sometimes you'll get that kind of light when there are sheets of cirrus clouds in the atmosphere. I just hope that this isnt' every sunset in the new system. I also hope that we have improved clouds and weather effects.

All aboard the hype train!

Not sure if this has been asked haven't seen anything about it. It isn't a big deal it is just more out of curiosity. When A17 comes out will the seeds change again and we will start a new seed thread or should all the seeds still be the same?

My guess is they probably will.

As someone who is from the panhandle of Texas (plains, semi-arid desert biomes), has visited parts of New Mexico, as well as currently living in Oklahoma, I can tell you folks that those kinds of fireball orange sunsets do happen.

Usually when there's a lot of dust and smoke in the air. sometimes you'll get that kind of light when there are sheets of cirrus clouds in the atmosphere. I just hope that this isnt' every sunset in the new system. I also hope that we have improved clouds and weather effects.

All aboard the hype train!

All I want is an atmosphere where when it gets dark and while it gets dark the things are goin with cold sweat and fear. They are goin pretty well for that :))

I could not find this information in the thread about AI and Pathing, so i will try here. Will zombies be able to path through stairs with many twists? As far as I know, in A16, when you go to the top of staircase, zombies stucks in the bottom levels and wondering or smashing walls instead of just going up.

I could not find this information in the thread about AI and Pathing, so i will try here. Will zombies be able to path through stairs with many twists? As far as I know, in A16, when you go to the top of staircase, zombies stucks in the bottom levels and wondering or smashing walls instead of just going up.

From what i understand yed they should be able to now. It is possible though that they might not follow the stairs but make their own path.

On the other hand: Empyrion does not feature any real pathfinding for AI.

Having also large block-based vehicles in the world makes that whole pathfinding part a lot harder to implement.

Also: the gameworld (pacing) in Empyrion is designed to be much larger (with less detail) than 7DtD.

It just a different approach to an open world design.

On the other hand: Empyrion does not feature any real pathfinding for AI.

Having also large block-based vehicles in the world makes that whole pathfinding part a lot harder to implement.

Also: the gameworld (pacing) in Empyrion is designed to be much larger (with less detail) than 7DtD.

It just a different approach to an open world design.

Empyrion does too have pathfinding. You've never watched the herds of wild animals wander around.

Granted, that's not the same level of pathfinding as 7dtd, but it's still path finding.

Empyrion does too have pathfinding. You've never watched the herds of wild animals wander around.

Granted, that's not the same level of pathfinding as 7dtd, but it's still path finding.

No, thats not pathfinding. It has some simple obstacle avoidance. (like a simple cleaning bot does it) That works ok in the relatively open landscape. The herds movement is a type of flock movement. But the AI cant find a dynamic path out of a more complex environment. (using A* search or such)

Its the reason that the POIs are full of spawners (in every major room), as the bots would have a very hard time to move to the next room.

I doubt they will implement dynamic pathfinding anytime soon. .. And it the biggest thing holding their AI back..

No, thats not pathfinding. It has some simple obstacle avoidance. (like a simple cleaning bot does it) That works ok in the relatively open landscape. The herds movement is a type of flock movement. But the AI cant find a dynamic path out of a more complex environment. (using A* search or such)

Its the reason that the POIs are full of spawners (in every major room), as the bots would have a very hard time to move to the next room.

I doubt they will implement dynamic pathfinding anytime soon. .. And it the biggest thing holding their AI back..

I don't really see a need for Empyrion to have any complicated pathfinding. The player is really the only entity that is going around to specific places. It's the only entity that needs to go to specific places.

I don't really see a need for Empyrion to have any complicated pathfinding. The player is really the only entity that is going around to specific places. It's the only entity that needs to go to specific places.

But the fights inside POI would a a lot more dynamic, and thus a lot more engaging. Currently its basically shooting turrets and bots that are agile like turrets.

Also defensing the players base (as in 7dtd) against foot soldiers would give basebuilding more of a functional purpose.

Empyrion plays the way it does, because its just does not offer those options (yet).

You're only allowed to post that when: A) release has dropped, B) someone finally made a good command and conquer again.

That is the BORING ALERT....when nothing is happening on the forums! WOOP WOOP Boring Alert!!!

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

- - - Updated - - -

"Attention: General Quarters, General Quarters. Set condition one throughout the base. All hands prepare for enemy contact."

That is the BORING ALERT....when nothing is happening on the forums! WOOP WOOP Boring Alert!!!

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

- - - Updated - - -

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

You should have Madmole check out that persistent cough. I'm starting to worry that you're patient zero

Archived