Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I have so many plans for a quest based baked map it's ridiculous. Okay, I have 2. But they're good.

I envision a module mod, sorta like a campaign... Play map 1, succeed, and play map 2, etc.

The quest and dialog system are going to make it that much sweeter.

*spoiler alert*

One of the quests is for Guppy's sister. ...and I have a feeling she may be in another castle.

Make a break since Christmas

I will not even try ^^

You didn't miss as much as you might think. It's mostly people asking when Alpha 17 is out. Or arguing about whether or not it is beta. Or demanding a feature that isn't going to happen. Occasionally a reasonable person says something constructive. And there's this one guy that keeps popping in with a growing list of expectations and he wants to know when they will be in the game. And we got the HP and XP bars at the top of the screen so that we can have something to talk about.

Its still all the same mix of veiled insults to TFP, sense of entitlement and users who actually have some manners. So ya missed nuttin :p

Welcome back man :)

Cheers

I tryed some games in the meantime and its not different. Except that in many other games critique is more applicable.

Empyrion: Nice game until you completly understand how you can build ships. So after arround 200-400 Hours its boring and many Developer Decisions start to anger you. Besides that some server try to etablish Pay to play

Homefront:

Never left the Tutorial. Boring scripted tunnel-type gameplay.

Deus ex:

Same as Homefront.

Stellar Tactics:

One man developed Game. Nice done so far but after the Tutorial there is currently no Content

Freeman Guerilla Warfare

Imagine Jagged alliance but Squadbased Mercs and 3D Egoshooter. Nice beginnings but since February in development, so not much content. But really nice beginnings. Has the Potential to become one of the best games.

Endless Space

Civilization in Space.... but at least for me Boring (Cant have fun in Civilization too, played it too much, so maybe a subjective meaning)

Grim Dawn:

The right game to shut off the brain and bash monster. But not longer my taste

Fallout 4:

Thats what i play now. Bethesda as AAA Developer give a ♥♥♥♥ about the Cosumers. Bad Controls, Bad UI, Bugs all 5 Minutes, Buildsystem dashed off, and a forum full of wite Knights. If something is broken the ultimate advice is "Use mods" if game is buggy and you use Mods the ultimative answer is "Your own fault, you use mods"

I really miss this community here, at least we discussed mostly on the topic. And TFP take feedback really into their considerations.

As far as new zombie concepts go I would love to see the Pilot as stated by J 7dtd player, i would also enjoy more variations of military zombies, like a general, maybe some in plain military garb that we can wear and not just the vest and stuff, i would love some more clothes in general and not just colors though im sure that is something to come in the future, even seeing some zombies wearing diving suits could be interesting as an incentive to collect diving gear to stay under water longer, and we need a harpoon gun haha, a special zombie that would be amusing is one that died on a minibike and is slowly putting towards you, like take the Hawaiian shirt zombie and do that with him, would be so fun to kill haha.

As far as new zombie concepts go I would love to see the Pilot as stated by J 7dtd player, i would also enjoy more variations of military zombies, like a general, maybe some in plain military garb that we can wear and not just the vest and stuff, i would love some more clothes in general and not just colors though im sure that is something to come in the future, even seeing some zombies wearing diving suits could be interesting as an incentive to collect diving gear to stay under water longer, and we need a harpoon gun haha, a special zombie that would be amusing is one that died on a minibike and is slowly putting towards you, like take the Hawaiian shirt zombie and do that with him, would be so fun to kill haha.

Currently alot of things are moddable in 7dtd, one of the things the modders cannot do currently is import outfits. Was wondering if this is gonna be possible in the future. Otherwise, 7dtd is the game that has it all and i for one am looking forward to alpha 17 eagerly. No other game on steam or console can grab my attention like this one. My 5000 hours speaks for itself. Great job pimps and keep up the stellar performance. ps are we still gonna be able to make our own custom npcs ?

Ugh... I just started playing Empyrion... Not a great review there from Royal.

*shrug* I'll make my own mistakes damn it ;)

No panic, if you enjoy building vehicles you have some nice hours. Then you undertand that Epic Capital ships fight not like epic capital ships, its more like Super mario card.

Edit:

Forget Super mario card its more like bumper cars

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?73983-Deep-Diving-perk

Got you covered. Read responses for instructions to add the perk to MP server.

Is that a yes or no

Maybe....someday. TFP wants to make the two versions as equivalent as possible but it is doubtful they will reach full equivalency. What will make it in and what won't is still unknown. Best bet is to just enjoy the version you own for what it is and if more comes in the future it will be a happy surprise.

I was able to get my first 1000 hours and have fun doing it on less features than what the console version has now.

...even seeing some zombies wearing diving suits could be interesting as an incentive to collect diving gear to stay under water longer...

Diving suits or at least rebreathers is something I have wanted for a long time in this game. Any of you who have been on a server with me (only ever really read the forums, rarely post but played for forever) know the overly elaborate bridges I make. Some water is pretty damn deep. That and airdrops going under water is super annoying in deep water areas.

Archived