Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

lol Wow. I remember it now. Thanks.

you wouldn't happen to remember some time ago when Alpha 15 (I think) was getting ready to be released and people were complaining?

This player did this story comical of Madmole sitting in his office. Acting out him reviewing comments about players while drinking from an oversized cup of coffee.

The player had one person stand up and say something about waiting and Madmole punching him into orbit?

then ending with saying that this player is still gaming on. lol. I wish that I could find it but I don't know how to find it.

The funniest thing....the search results show your post and then right under it is the post you are looking for lol...

It was 6th one down after I used "madmole office coffee orbit" for search :D

RLjBxB5.jpg

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?9027-Developer-Diary&p=155580&viewfull=1#post155580

The funniest thing....the search results show your post and then right under it is the post you are looking for lol...

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?9027-Developer-Diary&p=155580&viewfull=1#post155580

Best part of this was scrolling down to see the very moment Gazz decided he was going to be a Fun Pimp and GAIN HIS REVENGE on those loot tables.

Edit- Im glad i quoted that BEFORE you added that billboard :D

EVERY option is pointless if you use that logic.

No doubt. I meant just about having the option on to have advantage of the car`s engines and batteries, while they are limitless. When we play creative we just select them from the menu.

Lack of engines and batteries ingame affects big part of the gameplay at some point where we just wonder around and look for another way to brake a zombie`s bone. And I love it that way. The harder the better.

No doubt. I meant just about having the option on to have advantage of the car`s engines and batteries, while they are limitless. When we play creative we just select them from the menu.

Lack of engines and batteries ingame affects big part of the gameplay at some point where we just wonder around and look for another way to brake a zombie`s bone. And I love it that way. The harder the better.

not sure u got my point.. I mean't it as an option just like loot respawn.

"And I love it that way. The harder the better. "

It's okay, you would still be able to play the way u do.

U also say we could just play creative instead, which is very different. The proof I'm not alone in that is that there are servers around with car resets. The problem is: they do this by reseting map chunks. Not the best way to do it, specially when u have to develop ur own tool to do so or u have to manually delete files every few days. And you have to tell players to not build around cities.

What's the problem with that option? I mean, as long as it's easy to implement..

[*]Every biome remastered for Unity 2017

[*]Game Engine update to Unity 2017

I can see MM having a lot of fun with the new features of Unity2017. Can't wait to see the results.

So much already to look forward to in this new release. a Completely new game again, lol. You guys are absolutely awesome.

RLjBxB5.jpg

Thanks, that post was great. Gip's post a few posts down was pretty good too. :)

U also say we could just play creative instead, which is very different. The proof I'm not alone in that is that there are servers around with car resets. The problem is: they do this by reseting map chunks. Not the best way to do it, specially when u have to develop ur own tool to do so or u have to manually delete files every few days. And you have to tell players to not build around cities.

What's the problem with that option? I mean, as long as it's easy to implement..

I get what you mean now. It is a problem when a new player joins a server that is, lets say day 671 and no cars are around. Sort of made me dislike mp :) . It cause problems I know.

P.S. traders

EVERY option is pointless if you use that logic.

Ah but this is a game. It is pointless at every point. =)

If there is no option then I'm sure it's easy to change with a mod because we don't do hacky/hardcoded stuff like the stealth eye any more.

Love you guys, but dude... 7D2D excitement has kinda left the building. I know you guys are working your butts off. And I know, ya want more polished things to show...

Buuuuut.... A14-A16, I stayed engaged because of teasers, of show and tells, of every now and then having something to look forward too even if it was a ways off...

I've kinda lost interest at this point in 7D2D. Not really looking to give you guys crap. Just thought you might want to hear the feedback in a non-tantrum way.

Thanks for the good times TFP.

❤️

Ah but this is a game. It is pointless at every point. =)

You just basically called all your work pointless ;p Nah, everything that brings emotions is useful and never ever pointless, and all we have to do is find what gives us best experience.

Pointless for a person is doing stuff you couldn't care less about or even are forced to do, but having fun is a base principle of human life ;)

As a coder: 98% of the things people suggest are easy to implement, especially toggles, and especially when there is no asset creation involved. If Fun Pimps disagree, they can hire me, and I can prove them wrong. ;) Also for some reason, people have a hard time with the concept of toggles. There is something in their subconscious that tells them that even though it is an option, it is going to ruin their game. Even if they are the one running the server and choosing which toggles to use.

i mentioned it already 300 pages or so before but please make gamma setting max to 100%. someone will say "then dont use 200% use 100%", but i use 200% to take adventage because i can. and i play pvp servers so it would be nice to have it max 100% not 200%. solution could be serverside setting

i mentioned it already 300 pages or so before but please make gamma setting max to 100%. someone will say "then dont use 200% use 100%", but i use 200% to take adventage because i can. and i play pvp servers so it would be nice to have it max 100% not 200%. solution could be serverside setting

Ppl will then just use the graphics card settings itself to counter it, instead of the games settings. Quite a few monitors also allow you to set it's gamma settings even before you turn on the computer. This is a no win situation you're purposing and cannot be controlled.

RLjBxB5.jpg

You found it! Wow. That has got to be the funniest post on the 7D2D forums ever. Thank you so much.

I was also very surprised to see that it was for Alpha 10. That was awhile back. I was playing A-9.3 like forever and it seemed to take a long time to see 10.

I thought I'd dig it up and post it on a rainy day, you know what I mean.

What search engine did you use? I tried Google and the words but nothing came up. Then tiring another one I got my post.

You found it! Wow. That has got to be the funniest post on the 7D2D forums ever. Thank you so much.

I thought I'd dig it up and post it on a rainy day, you know what I mean.

What search engine did you use? I tried Google and the words but nothing came up. Then tiring another one I got my post.

Glad to have helped. I know how annoying it is to know the post you want to find is out there but the search option sucks lol.

I just used "madmole office coffee orbit" in google and as you saw the post you were looking for was right under your post asking about it :)

I just noticed that the 4 words I happened to use for the search are 4 words that are all the first ones on each line in the highlighted post above...and in same order

Glad to have helped. I know how annoying it is to know the post you want to find is out there but the search option sucks lol.

I just used "madmole office coffee orbit" in google and as you saw the post you were looking for was right under your post asking about it :)

I just noticed that the 4 words I happened to use for the search are 4 words that are all the first ones on each line in the highlighted post above...and in same order

That was a dangerous search my friend. Who know what black hole in the galaxy could have been opened by erroneous search results!

That was a dangerous search my friend. Who know what black hole in the galaxy could have been opened by erroneous search results!

Yeah Jax is right Gamida

Who knows. You might have pulled out so many funny post that we ALL might have died laughing. ;)

Yeah Jax is right Gamida

Who knows. You might have pulled out so many funny post that we ALL might have died laughing. ;)

Hey I knew my chances. It was for the good of the forum...it was worth the risk. :)

Ppl will then just use the graphics card settings itself to counter it, instead of the games settings. Quite a few monitors also allow you to set it's gamma settings even before you turn on the computer. This is a no win situation you're purposing and cannot be controlled.

And that's why it's pointless to cap the gamma setting.

The only ones asking for that would be the ones ready to adjust their monitor or gfx driver. LOL

tbf the nvg are finally good enough to negate the cheesiness of increasing your gamma

As a coder: 98% of the things people suggest are easy to implement, especially toggles, and especially when there is no asset creation involved. If Fun Pimps disagree, they can hire me, and I can prove them wrong. ;) Also for some reason, people have a hard time with the concept of toggles. There is something in their subconscious that tells them that even though it is an option, it is going to ruin their game. Even if they are the one running the server and choosing which toggles to use.

Toggles can absolutely ruin a game.

Take state of decay's permadeath for example. Giving the player the option to have their character perma dead or toggle on a second life would ruin the entire concept of the game.

Toggles can absolutely ruin a game.

Take state of decay's permadeath for example. Giving the player the option to have their character perma dead or toggle on a second life would ruin the entire concept of the game.

I get what you're saying. Sure, if it undermines the entire point of the game, yea, that would easily ruin the game concept, maybe not the game, but the concept. As a developer I'd understand why not to give an option in that case, for sure. I don't think something like respawning cars would exactly ruin the game concept. Personally I'd like no loot to ever respawn, which is in the same spirit as cars not respawning. I personally would not have cars respawn, but the option would be nice. I could see loot respawning in places like camps, and abandoned bases if there were npc humans running around trying to survive, leaving loot and bodies behind and whatnot. If there were changes made to bring loot to new players in semi-realistic ways even after all the structures have been looted, then you wouldn't even need to consider such toggles. For example, schematics could be read-only, non-consumable in a no-loot-respawn world. Think of the pvp raids. :)

On the subject of underground danger as a toggle: You'd think the spirit of the game would leave no space safe, right? But at the current state, underground is safe, and some people don't want that to change, even though the game concept is to face actual danger every 7th night (which you can hack off in the xml files anyway).

Archived