Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hehe, got a point there man.

But I've seen some hills and mountains. Granted, not so many as in A16, but they're still there. There could be more, but it's not so bad.

I remember riding on my bike (you know.. Dutch) to the top of a mountain yesterday in RWG and enjoying the vista.

The height difference between the lowest point and the highest point is far less than A16 as far as I can tell. Maybe I've had particularly flat worlds generated but I haven't seen anything taller than a hillock yet.

The straight roads are weirding me out. The last person to build a straight road around here spoke Latin as a first language.

The height difference between the lowest point and the highest point is far less than A16 as far as I can tell. Maybe I've had particularly flat worlds generated but I haven't seen anything taller than a hillock yet.

The straight roads are weirding me out. The last person to build a straight road around here spoke Latin as a first language.

Hehe, true.

Don't get me wrong; the random generator definitely needs tweaking. But it's not so bad overall, imho. I particularly like the (relatively) massive cities.

Would like to see some rivers too. But the massive amounts of water of A16 is gone. That's good I think.

Is scrap metal building gone now, or is it all upgrades from wood basics, like the railing? I miss seeing them in the build options.

Also can the bike get a downhill gravity increase? A real bike goes down a slope pretty fast, and the speed decrease going uphill should be matched by its downhill increase.

Could the bike also pass through those small rocks instead of them exploding doing bike damage? I don't mind hitting a boulder and takinging damage, but 30-40% damage a day caused by unavoidable pebbles seems excessive.

I added red eagles Hud additions yesterday, and I REALLY think the water and food meter should be displayed next to health and stamina. Sometimes food is the issue, sometimes water, and whenever you check your character, it always seems on the wrong tab... you end up looking at clothes instead of stats.

Maybe the clothing and stats tabs could be combined if a clothing item isn't selected? Clothing on the left, stats on the right, being replaced by the clothing stats when an item is selected? It's just cumbersome now checking what is affecting health of stamina as it is now.

Btw, since we now know the flaming effect can be applied to a vehicle with the flaming weapon mod, can we get a flaming vehicle mod that sets zombies on fire when we hit them?

Watching the flaming bike yesterday was fun, even if not realistic.

I'd like to see a front plow mod as well that tosses zombies up in the air doing fall damage as well. You have the systems in place... let's have some fun with them!

Also , before you guys take a holiday break, if you are set on the gamestage multiplier for mp, can we get either a game setting option for its multiplier value, or at least get a setting in the dedicated server so it can be adjusted in xml?

With 4 people, we are just getting way too many later stage irradiated and spitting cops way too early, with little gun ammo and barely even having iron, let alone steel.

With only two people on last night, day 21 tossed us irradiated spiders and cops on horde night.

We don't mind the mp gamestage multiplier, but it's just set too high right now and we cant get at it to adjust it.

Hehe, true.

Don't get me wrong; the random generator definitely needs tweaking. But it's not so bad overall, imho. I particularly like the (relatively) massive cities.

Would like to see some rivers too. But the massive amounts of water of A16 is gone. That's good I think.

The larger settlements are good but either settlement road generation has regressed or the old road generator system is having issues with the terrain generator. There are far too many oddities where random lanes cross a road for no reason.

I miss the large bodies of water. They were hazard to navigation and, by extension, a hazard to survival. A rowboat would have been a great addition to get around the hazard. You have a perfectly flat surface to work with and a very good excuse not to spawn obstacles (most rocks don't float... pumice excepted). The vehicle controller for that would have been trivial to implement but instead what we get is a hazard to navigation and survival reduced to an inconvenience.

Talking about RWG, yesterday I generate my first Map, I did a 16000x 16000 map. I didn't play it to comment on generation, but I count by reading those town name pop up during generation and I guess my map has about 35-40 Towns,

Yet, when I start game I was assign a Trader which was 5.1 KM away from me, when I reach that trader on day one .. after crossing 5KM of desert that was in between me and trader yes, all plain desert.. no town or even country road or POI is spotted in between my walk, I found that trader was about 15 Block away from Radiation zone. I am just on day one and didn't knew much about map. Is that how these maps are generated. I see desert hills .. but for 5 KM there wasn't a road or POI.. and not sure if in other direction I can see other town or thing, but nearest trader from where player swap are 5KM away?

I misspell dexterra seed to "dextra" you can generate and see the results yourself.

** EDIT **

I don't see it bug, so didn't post it as bug, nor that I am complaining as I enjoy walking alone ... kinda feels like tony stark in first iron man movie..lol. It was fun, I had no food been day one, and chased by zed... man that is best experience of this game...

Talking about RWG, yesterday I generate my first Map, I did a 16000x 16000 map.

Isn't only 8k currently supported, or am I reading your size wrong?

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

you are correct.

<snipped for space>

You've just been unlucky, there are map configurations that will leave you spawned a kilometre or so away from a road.

Head towards the centre of the map or cross the map either horizontally or vertically and you'll eventually find a road or settlement.

The trader should have had a path running up to their door, follow that and civilization won't be far away.

Isn't only 8k currently supported, or am I reading your size wrong?

Well I go to Editing Tool, it shows 8K as first default option, clicking on Right Arrow it bring something like 16K as size and Follow it, maybe it is some other value, but it was not default 8K.

- - - Updated - - -

You've just been unlucky, there are map configurations that will leave you spawned a kilometre or so away from a road.

Head towards the centre of the map or cross the map either horizontally or vertically and you'll eventually find a road or settlement.

The trader should have had a path running up to their door, follow that and civilization won't be far away.

YEs, I understand that all. My concern is that nearest trader after having 35 town is 5KM away. so towns are not equally distributed.. The trade I found seem at edge of Town, but I believe the system search for nearest trader to player location when that question is activated. So I believe it search in all direction, where I am on virtual Circle center, so next trader I might find is at outside that circle.. so there is 10KM diameter circle in map that doesn't have trader...

Since experimentals only last a week or two before being wiped, why do you need such a large map right now? Even with the default 4k mp, we haven't seen a border yet.

Once we'r have stable and a game that can last more than a few weeks im sure we will, but not right now.

Could the bike also pass through those small rocks instead of them exploding doing bike damage? I don't mind hitting a boulder and takinging damage, but 30-40% damage a day caused by unavoidable pebbles seems excessive.

agree.

I REALLY think the water and food meter should be displayed next to health and stamina. Sometimes food is the issue, sometimes water, and whenever you check your character, it always seems on the wrong tab

blue stamina bar is your hunger/food meter. water affect your stamine regeneration, so you can feel, if stamina does regen fast enough or just see orange water drop, it means, your water is 50% or below and it is time to drink 2 bottles of water.

blue stamina bar is your hunger/food meter. water affect your stamine regeneration, so you can feel, if stamina does regen fast enough or just see orange water drop, it means, your water is 50% or below and it is time to drink 2 bottles of water.

Nope. Yesterday my stamina was down and my water was 100% because my food was down. That's why we still need the food and water meter.

If you followed your advise without checking, you would be taking in the wrong fix for the situation, and having to check stats as I mentioned is cumbersome.

If you have a fast CPU, you can easily set the video settings to high and get good FPS at 1080p on a GTX 1080ti or RTX 2070+.

My 7D2D settings: 1440p, high everything.

My Comp: 7700k oc to 4.8, 960 evo, 1080ti, 32gb @ 3000

Runs: 50-70fps near cities, in most pois -- outdoors varies between 60 and 120 FPS. So, there ya have it. $3k+ PC.

My 7D2D settings: 1440p, high everything.

My Comp: 7700k oc to 4.8, 960 evo, 1080ti, 32gb @ 3000

Runs: 50-70fps near cities, in most pois -- outdoors varies between 60 and 120 FPS. So, there ya have it. $3k+ PC.

I have a computer due to arrive shortly with similar specs, so this has me looking forward to it even more! (9700k oc to 4.6, GTX 1080, 32gb @ 2666). Giving my original gaming PC to my wife, which was already getting 60 fps on average.

I just played another couple of hours on the new build, this time focusing on mining.

I do love the fact that Miner 69er affects both normal and power attacks now, and don't want to see that rolled back.

Unfortunately, it seems like power attacks with mining tools are now pretty much useless. Right now, it's much quicker to just never do power attacks. I was able to mine three blocks with the normal attacks without having to recharge stamina, but couldn't even get through a single block with power attacks. (Mining stone with an iron pickaxe.)

For mining tool power attacks at least, it seems like either stamina usage should be significantly lessened, or the block damage should be significantly increased.

Note, I don't have a problem with the power attacks for melee weapons, those seem about right to me.

I think power attack being useless for mining is exactly what they are going for. The only thing I use it for now is to get out of a trap quickly. Drop through the floor and the door out is blocked? Power attack the obstacle a couple times with an axe and you are free. Or dead if the zombies got you before you could finish the obstacle.

I added red eagles Hud additions yesterday, and I REALLY think the water and food meter should be displayed next to health and stamina. Sometimes food is the issue, sometimes water, and whenever you check your character, it always seems on the wrong tab... you end up looking at clothes instead of stats.

It's easy to tell what the issue is. If it is low max stamina then it is food. If it is stamina regen being too slow it is water. There is no overlap of what they do for you so not sure what you mean by "Sometimes food is the issue, sometimes water....."

Edit: I've never once in A17 had to check my food or water on the character screen. Well, after the first couple days when I finally figured out how they work.

Nope. Yesterday my stamina was down and my water was 100% because my food was down. That's why we still need the food and water meter.

If you followed your advise without checking, you would be taking in the wrong fix for the situation, and having to check stats as I mentioned is cumbersome.

You must have misread his post. He plainly stated that max stamina was a food issue and you responded with "Nope, ... because my food was down."

It's easy to tell what the issue is. If it is low max stamina then it is food. If it is stamina regen being too slow it is water. There is no overlap of what they do for you so not sure what you mean by "Sometimes food is the issue, sometimes water....."

Edit: I've never once in A17 had to check my food or water on the character screen. Well, after the first couple days when I finally figured out how they work.

Same. Rarely look at my food/water status on character screen now. Though I do for water time to time just because it seems like I can go from the 10/s to like 8/s (stam regen) at 80% some times and other times it won't drop to that till 60%. Once I hit 50% and had the water droplet appear and I was still getting 10/s. Maybe a bug? Dunno. Or I'd look just to try to get a sense of how long overeating can last compared to water which never over fills like food.

Do have to say, out of everything my OCD affects, it has to be that over eating doesn't give you 100% of the stam bar. always 1 less than max x.x

Archived