Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

DON'T NERF IT! Not my fault you only use shale for gas, but have you seen how much shale you need for asphalt? And it's not like you use asphalt on 10x10 bases. No, you use it on 250x10 bridges.

They could always reduce the amount you need for asphalt.

Same time some player claim they searched >10 Hours and never found oilshale ^^

If you dig a hole directly to bedrock in the desert you hit a huge patch of oil shale and iron in about one out of every 3 holes.... 20 minutes into digging in said patch you end up with 3 or 4 stacks of shale.

I get fertilizer from there also. I'll look out for those wrenches and electricity pole steel. Thanks for the tips.

I don't mean there are wrenches, I mean you can use a wrench on the electricity poles to get steel (and forged iron and mechanical parts). This is what you are looking for:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23214[/ATTACH]

You can find them on the ground, as well as like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23215[/ATTACH]

I don't mean there are wrenches, I mean you can use a wrench on the electricity poles to get steel (and forged iron and mechanical parts). This is what you are looking for..

Yes I understood you. I gave a two-post answer there that could have been clearer, no worries lol. Appreciate the time you put in on that though :tickled_pink: thanks.

If you dig a hole directly to bedrock in the desert you hit a huge patch of oil shale and iron in about one out of every 3 holes.... 20 minutes into digging in said patch you end up with 3 or 4 stacks of shale.

It is a win lose battle. So you nerf this and reduce this and that or just leave as it is. All the vehicles that are about to be added will need gas besides the bike. As said the asphalt needs it. The generator needs it. Chainsaw and aurgar needs it. No telling what else might need it down the road. Depending on how you play with respawn loot plus how many people on the game I really don't think it is that bad the way it is. You might find it as a bunch maybe you don't use it but to put gas in minibike I don't know but others just can't find enough because they use it for everything plus building design.

This is the only biome that has it. So if it is nerf let's go with iron it is all over the map that is just crazy it needs to be nerf we just have to much of it..... get the point? Personally say it is fine the way it is in my opinion.

If I am not mistaken didn't madmole himself mention if video that you could still break through a wall to enter the house if you liked? Wouldn't that mean he also intended you could loot the houses that way?

I think what is left out is "at your own risk" . I mean you can bulldoze right through a wall and through the house, sure, but you're going to draw a crowd. Maybe mid to end game you can but not sub level 50 i don't believe.

bah, I still don't think the small oil shale nodes and fertilizer are near enough of an incentive, even if you know what you are doing and looking for. The other biomes you'll get everything you need plus without all the other hassles... well a vanilla game that is. Hope it changes some so those biomes are a necessity to actively enter and stay awhile.

I live off the gas (shale) and gun powder (nitrate and coal) in the burnt biome.

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched Neebs Gaming`s video in their first horde night. Almost 50k views for few hours sounds like lots of new ppl are gonna join this place. Please behave :D

I am lovin' that series. never checked them out before they tickle the heck out of my funny bone

I think what is left out is "at your own risk" . I mean you can bulldoze right through a wall and through the house, sure, but you're going to draw a crowd. Maybe mid to end game you can but not sub level 50 i don't believe.

Choose 3 or 4 buildings.

Pop a hole in the wall of building 1 but do not enter.

Draw the crowd that has gathered towards building 2.

You should have time to pop a hole in the wall of building 2 but, again, do not enter.

Repeat process for the remaining buildings.

By the time you have a hole in the wall of the last building you should be able to dog-leg around and scavenge the first building through the first hole you created without having a crowd of Z's at your back.

I developed this method before sleepers were introduced but it still works a majority of the time. Sometimes all you have to do is bang on the wall a few times and let the Z's inside create an entrance for you, this is especially useful for heavily fortified buildings such as the pawn shop.

Choose 3 or 4 buildings.

Pop a hole in the wall of building 1 but do not enter.

Draw the crowd that has gathered towards building 2.

You should have time to pop a hole in the wall of building 2 but, again, do not enter.

Repeat process for the remaining buildings.

By the time you have a hole in the wall of the last building you should be able to dog-leg around and scavenge the first building through the first hole you created without having a crowd of Z's at your back.

I developed this method before sleepers were introduced but it still works a majority of the time. Sometimes all you have to do is bang on the wall a few times and let the Z's inside create an entrance for you, this is especially useful for heavily fortified buildings such as the pawn shop.

sounds way more simple than going through the intended opening :) I like sneaking around and sniping them, and I like the panic when you find out you missed one of the hiding spots....guess that's me though. I was thinking of newer players really, not a vet like most of the contributors here. cheers

sounds way more simple than going through the intended opening :) I like sneaking around and sniping them, and I like the panic when you find out you missed one of the hiding spots....guess that's me though. I was thinking of newer players really, not a vet like most of the contributors here. cheers

As a military man you should know never to appear where the enemy expects you to be :-)

It's not perfect and sleepers will still induce some pant-filling moments but if all you have is a rock tied to a stick you take every advantage you can find.

As a military man you should know never to appear where the enemy expects you to be :-)

It's not perfect and sleepers will still induce some pant-filling moments but if all you have is a rock tied to a stick you take every advantage you can find.

..And now we bring you words from:

The Gronk Confucius.

"Rock Tied to Stick! Advantages you take!"

I am lovin' that series. never checked them out before they tickle the heck out of my funny bone

same, 7days brought me to their channel. i don't give a hoot about gta5, but we watched their playlist for it, good stuff with their goofiness.

After seeing Dyersville remake. I was thinking about it might be better to call it Prairie dog town. Due to all the underground areas now added. :)

Well, I really like the level of detail that was put into the new houses. I also get why there are so many zombies. These are just to show how many different places that sleepers can spawn in these houses.

But what I don't get are two things.

First. The size of all of each house seems much bigger than what average people would have. Plus each house seems to be loaded up like a warehouse. While this looks cool. It does seem a lot for simple dwellings.

Second. Madmole talked about the grunge look. Making everything look dirty. I am not sure why this has to be that way. I mean if this happened soon after the conflict. You would think that you would find some areas that are not messed up and even look clean. Unless TFP's are going for the Fallout (wake up a hundred years after the fact) look.

Your thoughts.

One of the things I had thinking for the houses being so cluttered and with so many pallets could be families. Take a family of three, four of even five generations that all live close by. My mom's family was all close by, so her siblings, their families, not counting any grandkids would have been over 40, with grandkids around 75. A family like that, they all would have gathered into the old family home that has lots of rooms, a huge basement and attic. They would have used broilers and coal heat back then. We have in our home a broiler from the original owners; not as big as in the video, but nice size. We don't use it but too big and heavy to move out so it takes up space.

My parents bought a old house, more than 100 years old, to move to when my older brothers married and moved out, downsizing. Around 1800 sq ft then add the full size basement that had a broiler system, good size, coal chute and bin for use in the fireplaces. It was full of boxes, crates that had junk in it that the surviving members just left there when they sold the house. Some furniture was left also.

Get that many people together, all the food they would have bought to stock up would have been quite a bit.

I do think it was too much in the houses, it should have been about a third less, but a large family getting together to survive; they would need a lot of food and other supplies.

The grunge look. That has me going with, how long has time passed since the town was deserted, except for the zombies? Six month, a year, two or even more? If zombies had broke into the house it would be a mess, they would have torn up the place and blood and other liquids would have been on the walls, floors and furniture. That would have collected dust, bugs and such that would add to the nasty look of the homes.

But . . . ones that had just been deserted, no one living in it as the family fled, it might have been messed up as they tossed things around collecting what they wanted to take so a lot of dust, maybe some dirt, but not be as grungy looking. More cluttered and dusty. The dry climate would have kept mold from growing, at least that is how I would see it, here were I live there would have been a lot of mold as it rains a lot here, high humidity, 90s in the summer, so it would be nasty looking. Looters would have messed up the houses a lot also. Some dummies would have stuck around to rob homes, most thieves are not bright enough to know to get while the getting is good, but stuck around to rob homes and either be zombie food or turn into zombies.

The main thing that I noticed is that the inside of the houses were a whole lot bigger than they should have been. I remember those houses, the rooms weren't that large and there wasn't that many rooms. Upstairs were only three rooms and one bath. In one two story you went up the stairs, the first room was a office, bathroom then a bedroom. The attic was the length of the house, and it wasn't that long. Basement, well, it could have underground covered the whole yard, so that could explain its size; but the attic, only as big as the house and they were way too big for the outside of the houses.

But it is a game so no one really expects it to be correct to size for game play.

Archived