Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I think it is the Higashi tower, the pharmaceutical one, drug tower, however you want to think of it. On one of the higher floors is a section for DNA testing, there are chambers with irradiated zombies in them, they break out and you live or die. There are also some of the more dangerous zombies, spitting cops, ferals throughout the rooms and the higher floor(s). Not sure if there is one more level or two before you get to the roof, where there is a irradiated feral cop waiting for you.

@Lonestar: POIs can have an increased gamestage in the sleeper volumes but I don’t think containers within them can have an increased loot quality modifier at this time. That is pretty much the complaint that people have. You fight to the top of the tower and the loot is the same there as everywhere else.

AFAIK, the timer still resets and it doesn’t matter if something is left inside. The container “knows” it’s been searched and it knows if it should be reset which is why if you search an already opened container and remove the items it will often immediately reset and you can search it again. I haven’t tested this in ages now so it could be different now.

@Roland it still does that and the timer is far shorter. I have tested (a) loot container leave it empty vs. (b) loot container and put something in it. I can come back to both containers several game days later and the EMPTY (a) has not reset but I can open the (b) container, remove the item, close (b) again, wait for a what can be instant to 30 seconds depending on how overloaded the server is. and it will re-spawn loot.

Guest Rassilon

@Madmole and Staff.

We saw now quite some Material and the last Preview Video about the House Dungeons was Awesome.

Any Chance that we get a Q&A Video like you did with A16 anytime soon? Could settle some Rumors and shed a bit of light :)

The new stuff really looks great. I even became ill, so +1 for immersion :upset: . Okay okay, it was just the camera shaking in the video that did it.

But -5 for immersion for all the "single rail guided tours" through the houses. Eventually a player will see artifical "borders" and limits in any game but usually a game designer should be interested in hiding them as well as possible. All these houses having one way through is shouting "artifical" at everyone going through them almost immediately.

Please put in a lot of forks, most players will try to look into any room and corner anyway and a labyrinth is much more effective in producing fear and confusion. If I have to go one of two ways I will fear some zombie creeping behind me from the other direction.

Whereas a linear path makes sure that I will feel my back is safe. And if it isn't logic will always tell me the game cheats as there is no possible way a zombie could be behind me.

More travel paths are a good thing but lets not diminish the good here. All of these houses were previously so plain long overdue for an update. I would love every old prefab get the "skyscrapper" treatment.

It is worth mentioning players will find ways to make multiple paths given this is a voxel game already. :)

@Madmole and Staff.

We saw now quite some Material and the last Preview Video about the House Dungeons was Awesome.

Any Chance that we get a Q&A Video like you did with A16 anytime soon? Could settle some Rumors and shed a bit of light :)

+1

I'd like to participate in one since I joined back in February.

@Roland it still does that and the timer is far shorter. I have tested (a) loot container leave it empty vs. (b) loot container and put something in it. I can come back to both containers several game days later and the EMPTY (a) has not reset but I can open the (b) container, remove the item, close (b) again, wait for a what can be instant to 30 seconds depending on how overloaded the server is. and it will re-spawn loot.

Well...there you have it. :) Gazz would have to comment on plans to change this.

@Madmole and Staff.

I'd be happy to do one with totally made up answers based on my shaky memory and shoddy imagination; throw in my lack of intuitive insight and I'm sure I could answer ALL of y'alls questions.

I'd be happy to do one with totally made up answers based on my shaky memory and shoddy imagination; throw in my lack of intuitive insight and I'm sure I could answer ALL of y'alls questions.

Hehe, sure! How's life in Houston? Getting back to normal to a certain degree?

MadMole mentioned that all the textures are going to get grunged up.

I hope TFP take into account that some people like to build large and elaborate bases.

Having at least some New looking textures would also be nice.

It's really not hard to make new tiles and smooth walls, even in an apocalypse so it's not a realism problem.

Ceramics have been around for millennia.

I guess it's going to come down to texture room. I really hope they find a solution to the problem.

It would be wonderful if we had access to our own texture map and could add in some player-created textures.

Love the new dungeon style houses! Kinda hope that not every house is like this though, honestly I feel like they should be less common than the standard smash 'n dash houses we have now. They should be a treat to come across with better than average loot. After all it'd make more sense that fewer houses would be loaded with loot and pallets of supplies anyway, and most would be abandoned and ransacked.

The idea being that most houses would be empty and already scavenged by survivors. Then we come across these dungeon houses that were used as bases by survivors and they got overrun by zombies hordes, and that's why there's so much stuff lying around.

One thing that I did notice about the video is that Madmole had an item on his tool belt that was previously deleted from the game. Large stone block I think.

Is this coming back to the game?

- - - Updated - - -

After seeing Dyersville remake. I was thinking about it might be better to call it Prairie dog town. Due to all the underground areas now added.

One thing that I did notice about the video is that Madmole had an item on his tool belt that was previously deleted from the game. Large stone block I think. Is this coming back to the game?

Was it removed in A16? Because in A15 I remember making something like that from the concrete mixer. Didn't seem like it had much appeal to it, however. Just was like a terrain block I think...

Love the new dungeon style houses! Kinda hope that not every house is like this though, honestly I feel like they should be less common than the standard smash 'n dash houses we have now. They should be a treat to come across with better than average loot. After all it'd make more sense that fewer houses would be loaded with loot and pallets of supplies anyway, and most would be abandoned and ransacked.

The idea being that most houses would be empty and already scavenged by survivors. Then we come across these dungeon houses that were used as bases by survivors and they got overrun by zombies hordes, and that's why there's so much stuff lying around.

yes hope they dont over due it....

I really like the level of detail that was put into the new houses. I also get why there are so many zombies. These are just to show how many different places that sleepers can spawn in these houses.

But what I don't get are two things.

First. The size of all of each house seems much bigger than what average people would have. Plus each house seems to be loaded up like a warehouse. While this looks cool. It does seem a lot for simple dwellings.

Second. Madmole talked about the grunge look. Making everything look dirty. I am not sure why this has to be that way. I mean if this happened soon after the conflict. You would think that you would find some areas that are not messed up and even look clean. Unless TFP's are going for the Fallout (wake up a hundred years after the fact) look.

You have my vote for Community Obfuscator!

Archived