Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Depends on the context, if a Bunker 50 Meters underground with 4xSteel in each direction is defined as Exploit if safe, then this list is 100% a cheatlist ^^

Some of them are standard ingame options etc ?

I dont clase underground dwelling as an exploit in fact do and would use it with UDZ but i would rather funnel zombies down to the bedrock and have a way of getting a vehicle up and down then deal with the unknown threats TFP are hatching.

Itt could be equipment related to suvive and/or events that are just as destructive to your base.

Or they might just leave it a safehaven ?

How much safety do you deserve digging down 3 meters and sticking a Frame block over your head?

Because it’s 100%.

Roland... that's long been the silliest argument to anything. Who plays this game in a 1x1x3 deep hole for 200+ days? More importantly, what majority does that? pffft

Roland... that's long been the silliest argument to anything. Who plays this game in a 1x1x3 deep hole for 200+ days? More importantly, what majority does that? pffft

I have done it when i first played but i suppose if you join an unknown game at an unknown time on BM for instance it would be logical to do it because you can.

How much safety do you deserve digging down 3 meters and sticking a Frame block over your head?

Because it’s 100%.

Roland, make the soil layer 15 Blocks thick and allow Zombies to dig Soil only (no stone)

and everything is fine.

Nobody ask for safety in a hole 2 meters under the surface

Its not so that Bedrock Dwellers would be lazy

Because it’s 100%.

For that reason alone (and some others, like zombies getting stuck in fences because they can't hit them), zombies should attack downwards like they used to in the very first alphas.

I have done it when i first played but i suppose if you join an unknown game at an unknown time on BM for instance it would be logical to do it because you can.

One night? Sure. I said for 200+ days. Who actually plays that way? And why the hell does anyone care?

I'm so over people saying "Make this and that impossible because I don't have the self control not to do it or I just get my panties in a twist because I see someone else do something I don't like!"

Mod in your diggers if modding is the answer.

Why are people so bent out of shape over people cheesing the game.

And if you're answer is PvP : THAT IS NOT THIS GAMES MAIN FOCUS. It's been said over and over and over again.

Roland, make the soil layer 15 Blocks thick and allow Zombies to dig Soil only (no stone)

and everything is fine.

Nobody ask for safety in a hole 2 meters under the surface

Its not so that Bedrock Dwellers would be lazy

I really dont want to argue with you but taking a trick out that only new or desperate just died players would use is a little inverted.

I dont mind it removed but your not gaining anything from being in that hole apart from stopping multiple deaths

I really dont want to argue with you but taking a trick out that only new or desperate just died players would use is a little inverted.

I dont mind it removed but your not gaining anything from being in that hole apart from stopping multiple deaths

I think this Emergency case should be covered by the Hiding skills MM mentioned.

DIg in 3 Meters, Crouch and dont move before morning (something like that)

It’s indicative of a broken system. Silly to play that way? Yes. A silly design flaw that should just be ignored? I hope not.

For that reason alone (and some others, like zombies getting stuck in fences because they can't hit them), zombies should attack downwards like they used to in the very first alphas.

I remember in alpha 14 when I started playing, I made the mistake of having a base just a few layers below a body if water. I had dug in about 100m back from the shore and then dug horizantal until I was in the middle of the lake. I had not played before and I was not thinking that they would either be at the bottom of the lake rather than floating, or that they would attack the bottom of the lake. They didn't end up breaking through, but they did do a lot of damage to the lake bed. I spent the bloodmoon that I was in that base cowering in a dimly lit cave and waiting for the ceiling to come down on me. If I recall correctly, there was some kind of particle effect that looked like dirt falling from the ceiling. Even though I didn't fight, I spent the night scared and waiting for the end. Never spent another bloodmoon there again. It was quite the experience.

One night? Sure. I said for 200+ days. Who actually plays that way? And why the hell does anyone care?

I'm so over people saying "Make this and that impossible because I don't have the self control not to do it or I just get my panties in a twist because I see someone else do something I don't like!"

Mod in your diggers if modding is the answer.

Why are people so bent out of shape over people cheesing the game.

And if you're answer is PvP : THAT IS NOT THIS GAMES MAIN FOCUS. It's been said over and over and over again.

Sorry i thought you ment on day 200 i misread.

I dont care how people play it but i do want the balance of the scales constantly tipping.

It is about self control i want to use underground but accept as it is the enviroment has no real hazards.

There are whispers and mummurs of making this more difficult and taking part in talking about i thought could be done.

It seems this is not the case and we cant have a reasonable debate without some people losing there minds over something that might not happen.

I dont know but i dont like the suggestion of if someone gets upset about a gameplay topic then we just dont mention it.

Look in the survey 30% of the player wish that. And NOT as Creative game

The survey means nothing. Roland and Pimps have said this in the past. We already know the majority of people here on this forum want safe spaces. So all that survey proves is people HERE want a safe area.

What matters is what the DEVS want and envision and MM ha stated multiple times that there will be a safe area, but you will have to pay for it. It doesn't matter if people don't WANT to play creative. The option is there to play as you are describing. YOU are choosing not to take it. That doesn't mean everyone else HAS to play your way and stifle creative challenges because you refuse to label your game a creative one. Pimps already offer you a way to build in peace whatever you like. Turn the zombies off.

The next thing you know people will be demanding faster progression and better tools at level 1 so they can build anything want from the very first day. Oh wait, you can...It's called CREATIVE.

- - - Updated - - -

They would only be GPS on horde nights.

They will only spawn in blocks adjacent to the one s you are currently mining.

Yeah but that's like inconvenient and stuff. He has things to build.

- - - Updated - - -

In this case i agree.

Implement it and make it a option.

Such a (for >20% of the player) gamebreaking feature should not depend on the modability of the player

You have a lot to learn. As was hammered home during #StreamerGate this forum is a VERY small minority of the player base. You keep pointing to this poll and its results. It means NOTHING in the end as we do NOT represent the general player base. And if you consider it to be game breaking, I have REAL issues I can point you to that can be considered WAY more game breaking than a digger. You yourself keep reminding people sleepers are NOT game breaking, but you consider a digging zombie to be game breaking? Too funny. Amazing how something becomes game breaking only when it affects YOU.

JAX

It doesn't matter if people don't WANT to play creative

This is 100% nonsense

if 30% of the players dont want to play creative and this would be the only possibility to play as we want then guess what.

5000 other games on Steam.

SURE DOES THIS MATTER

Sure this is a minority of all players.

Do you have better numbers, not taken from your imagination ?

I am tired of having to defend that I have the right to build a underground base, to keep it safe, that I am have the right to play how I want, to fight zombies if and when I want to and not be told by others how to play. That I should see having a digger zombies (plural, not just one but several) come down and bust out the walls, SI and see it all come tumbling around me. You build your base, put spikes, blade traps,electric fences, dart taps, pressure plates, alarm system, fall pit, high powered rifles, rocket launcher, pipe bombs and be behind cement and steel bars and fight the zombies, I am sure that you are in a lot of danger of having your base destroyed.

Id like to know, HOW are you keeping it safe? What actions are you taking besides "dig down and crouch" to maintain your safety? You see what you listed are steps you have to take to keep above ground safe. Here is your list to keep below ground safe:

1. Dig

2. Make Block

3. Make Sammich and AFK

@RD

Really big red text and then big yellow text are you going green next

Inline html is OP but i dont want to cheese my replies by using this roland please balance.

Seriously RD i dont want to make you worse what happened to that level head you had just think about it there is going to be other components that are going to make your gameplan change this is just a maybe one of many.

JAX

This is 100% nonsense

if 30% of the players dont want to play creative and this would be the only possibility to play as we want then guess what.

5000 other games on Steam.

SURE DOES THIS MATTER

Sure this is a minority of all players.

Do you have better numbers, not taken from your imagination ?

30 percent of the forum does not equal 30 percent of the player base. You are failing to realize this. How many people took that poll Royal? Are you saying that only 70 people play this game now a days?

Jesus the Devs don't even bother to post here much anymore. News comes from Twitter. MAYBE Kin and Joel stop by for a day. Stop thinking these polls mean ANYTHING. They do not. And they certainly do not represent the player base.

The survey means nothing. Roland and Pimps have said this in the past. We already know the majority of people here on this forum want safe spaces. So all that survey proves is people HERE want a safe area.

Err, what? My impression is that few people here want a safe area, and they are very vocal about threats to their modus operandi. Which, mind you, is a perfectly reasonable reaction, but I don't see a majority of people around here wanting that.

Err, what? My impression is that few people here want a safe area, and they are very vocal about threats to their modus operandi. Which, mind you, is a perfectly reasonable reaction, but I don't see a majority of people around here wanting that.

I was referring to his poll that he keeps bringing up. Which proves the point even further. We have no real numbers as to who wants what. It is ALL opinion. In the end the Devs make the game they want. Regardless of how loud 3 or 4 are shouting about what they want and why they would uninstall forever.

Royal is trying to say the majority want it safe. But all he has is the numbers from a very small turn out for a poll.

Archived