Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I am tired of having to defend that I have the right to build a underground base, to keep it safe, that I am have the right to play how I want, to fight zombies if and when I want to and not be told by others how to play. That I should see having a digger zombies (plural, not just one but several) come down and bust out the walls, SI and see it all come tumbling around me. You build your base, put spikes, blade traps,electric fences, dart taps, pressure plates, alarm system, fall pit, high powered rifles, rocket launcher, pipe bombs and be behind cement and steel bars and fight the zombies, I am sure that you are in a lot of danger of having your base destroyed.

Id like to know, HOW are you keeping it safe? What actions are you taking besides "dig down and crouch" to maintain your safety? You see what you listed are steps you have to take to keep above ground safe. Here is your list to keep below ground safe:

1. Dig

2. Make Block

3. Make Sammich and AFK

@RD

Really big red text and then big yellow text are you going green next

Inline html is OP but i dont want to cheese my replies by using this roland please balance.

Seriously RD i dont want to make you worse what happened to that level head you had just think about it there is going to be other components that are going to make your gameplan change this is just a maybe one of many.

JAX

This is 100% nonsense

if 30% of the players dont want to play creative and this would be the only possibility to play as we want then guess what.

5000 other games on Steam.

SURE DOES THIS MATTER

Sure this is a minority of all players.

Do you have better numbers, not taken from your imagination ?

30 percent of the forum does not equal 30 percent of the player base. You are failing to realize this. How many people took that poll Royal? Are you saying that only 70 people play this game now a days?

Jesus the Devs don't even bother to post here much anymore. News comes from Twitter. MAYBE Kin and Joel stop by for a day. Stop thinking these polls mean ANYTHING. They do not. And they certainly do not represent the player base.

The survey means nothing. Roland and Pimps have said this in the past. We already know the majority of people here on this forum want safe spaces. So all that survey proves is people HERE want a safe area.

Err, what? My impression is that few people here want a safe area, and they are very vocal about threats to their modus operandi. Which, mind you, is a perfectly reasonable reaction, but I don't see a majority of people around here wanting that.

Err, what? My impression is that few people here want a safe area, and they are very vocal about threats to their modus operandi. Which, mind you, is a perfectly reasonable reaction, but I don't see a majority of people around here wanting that.

I was referring to his poll that he keeps bringing up. Which proves the point even further. We have no real numbers as to who wants what. It is ALL opinion. In the end the Devs make the game they want. Regardless of how loud 3 or 4 are shouting about what they want and why they would uninstall forever.

Royal is trying to say the majority want it safe. But all he has is the numbers from a very small turn out for a poll.

I was referring to his poll that he keeps bringing up. Which proves the point even further. We have no real numbers as to who wants what. It is ALL opinion. In the end the Devs make the game they want. Regardless of how loud 3 or 4 are shouting about what they want and why they would uninstall forever.

Royal is trying to say the majority want it safe. But all he has is the numbers from a very small turn out for a poll.

A poll which, unless the totals changed drastically since I looked, doesn't even support his position to begin with. There were more votes for "No safe places" than any other choice.

The bloodmoon hordes dig. This is the result of two bloodmoons:

go7IZQw.jpg

So it's not 100%. :)

I have had things like this happen as well, I came to the conclusion that it was caused by us damaging the ground when we missed the zombies and once there is a hole the zombies will probably make it worse, also they do random swings which will probably sometimes hit the ground.

Lol...the poll he brought up shows the majority want zombies to reach them anywhere. You guys are funny. The poll supports Jax but now Jax has already called the poll meaningless.

Oopsies....

Dont worry someone will cook the stats in the inferno mean mode median divide and renormalise and multiply by 0.000000000001

This is a tempest in a teacup. Let the pimps implement what they plan before getting too bothered. In my experience they do things in a fair way with the means to mod away the parts you don’t like. (exhibit one: spam crafting “removal”)

If the most they ever do is add back in a digging ability but keep it commented out I will be a happy underground dweller regardless of how they make vanilla. I’ll be playing Swiss cheese myself :)

It’s indicative of a broken system. Silly to play that way? Yes. A silly design flaw that should just be ignored? I hope not.

I would not expect that digging zombies would be in the first couple of groups of leveled zombies anyway. So it would still be a strategy early on, and that seems alright to me.

This is a tempest in a teacup. Let the pimps implement what they plan before getting too bothered. In my experience they do things in a fair way with the means to mod away the parts you don’t like.

If the most they ever do is add back in a digging ability but keep it commented out I will be a happy underground dweller regardless of how they make vanilla. I’ll be playing Swiss cheese myself :)

^ This :)

This is a tempest in a teacup. Let the pimps implement what they plan before getting too bothered. In my experience they do things in a fair way with the means to mod away the parts you don’t like.

I agree. I would like the capability, probably in vanilla but when it comes down to it I will play whatever they come up with. I would like the SI to work the way I want because it would seem more natural to me, but if it does not then I will build within the rules that I have been given. Same with water!

This is a tempest in a teacup. Let the pimps implement what they plan before getting too bothered. In my experience they do things in a fair way with the means to mod away the parts you don’t like. (exhibit one: spam crafting “removal”)

I agree

But i think it is a case for some people of alpha stage and if you mod you cant take part in bug reports of the standard game.

I have had things like this happen as well, I came to the conclusion that it was caused by us damaging the ground when we missed the zombies and once there is a hole the zombies will probably make it worse, also they do random swings which will probably sometimes hit the ground.

Sometimes the zombies kill each other (due to the random swings). So cop explosions also matter. ^^

Psuedocode it into simple rulesets

Sounds interesting calculating SI of an area instead of a single metre squared column.

I am interested how you get each connecting area to sync up.

I think it would be a bit like this:

==============================

All blocks have a flag saying "I am structurally sound (SS)"

If a block is removed: Add block above, North, South, East and West to check list. # could be just location pointer.

For all in check list.

if block is air : next. # Air is never SS

if block is water : goto other checks. # Water is never SS unless there are boats that are build able and we have a whole other problem.

is block below me SS, I am SS, go to end loop.

is block beside me and below it SS, I am SS (check for all four directions).

I am not SS.

Do normal FunPimps checks for SI.

end of loop.

Have I changed state, if so Add block above, North, South, East and West to check list.

Move to next block in the check list.

==============================

Depends a lot of data structure efficiency.

I think this will work. It will obviously be more intensive then the current system. It probably has holes in I am not aware of, situations it will not work. I have other ideas that would make the extra load less of a problem, but would require a lot of work on multi-server configuration.

Archived