Corn doesn't grow wild

The Rogue Tomato

There are newspapers scattered around that are still in good condition so it can't have been a long period of time. Also edible raw meat can be found in coolers and fridges. Now some could argue that radiation killed off bacteria so there is no decay. Without definitive evidence there will always be arguments bickering, and counter claims.

Much like this thread.

Those are cornfields, that have since been overgrown. Unfortunately, they, much like the 7day survivor, is the last of its kind in the area.

So, we are corn? Or is corn we?

"What kind of corn soldiers are you?"

"We're, uhm... colonels!"

This thread.......

This thread.......

I was going to make a joke earlier (back when Guppy was trying for levity) that Evolution is as much a religion in and of itself as the religions that champion Creationism. But I deleted my half-written post and decided not to get involved. Now having been brought back here by several reports on certain posts I have to say that the bickering and insulting pretty much falls right in line with the sorts of things you see when folks fight about religion and justify our rules against such talk.

So I'm shutting her down. Please refrain from discussing such things. If it ends in an -ism it's probably best discussed over in Reddit to be honest. Keep it to the game people.

• 2 years later...
uh huh, cause the Native Americans used science to make the first corn seeds then they started farming?

To be fair, most bamboo is cultivated without seeds. Apparently it's pretty damn hard to propagate them. For millennia the Japanese have used cuttings which has led to a lack of genetic diversity among the crop.

In regards to "corn", most corn currently sold (almost all of it) is genetically modified to not be able to give fertile seed. It's due to patents, blah blah, blah. There was a documentary I remember seeing around ten years ago as a farmer was sued for planting his own corn from natural seed or something like that.

So, I want trees that are planted by us to grow randomly between the 900 level and 1200 level so they blend better with our forests. I know...dumb request, but any chance....?

In regards to "corn", most corn currently sold (almost all of it) is genetically modified to not be able to give fertile seed. It's due to patents, blah blah, blah. There was a documentary I remember seeing around ten years ago as a farmer was sued for planting his own corn from natural seed or something like that.

So, I want trees that are planted by us to grow randomly between the 900 level and 1200 level so they blend better with our forests. I know...dumb request, but any chance....?

EA-griculture. :-/

I'd like to see variable HP trees growing for the variety if nothing else.

You should really google more. 5 seconds of googling and believing only the first thing that pops up is not a good way of conducting research. It does grow in the wild as I have said. Google it more.

Archived