Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

It totally sucks having to wait for something that looks and sounds as awesome as this mod. It's most definitely testing my patience, lol. But having said that I also hope it goes without saying that - and I think I speak for most of us here - we want the best experience possible exactly because this mod seems so promising.

I don't post much on these forums but I've been keeping on eye on this mod for a long, long time. It's top of my list of mods to play and I cannot wait for you to finish it. But at the same time I don't want you to rush it. Because looking at your design and your screenshots you seem to want a certain quality to the mod and as such I am sure that when you are content then we surely will be too. Take your time, but please, for the love of God, hurry up before your girlfriend distracts you, lol ;)

I'm gonna be phasing out Electrical Parts and Electric Components out of the game, because for me, resources required to make them don't make sense and they will be replaced by other components for the recipes. Some of them craftable, some not unless there will be some high tech replicator introduced later into the mod. Here's one example:

sqKhChM.jpg

And in the image, because of this change as you can see, there are now two rows for required materials in the crafting menu. Also the last two items in the inventory are twigs, that will replace re-introduced stick items and a mouse trap, that is used as a component to make trip wire posts, because the trip wire post model has a mouse trap attached to it.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

So... good news, because I have some free time this weekend for working on the mod and I've been busy since the last post! ALL items/blocks, that require Electrical Parts & Electric Components have recipes revamped with the new components.

Because of this change I also had to adapt, due to the fact, that many electrical items were scrapable to electrical parts or components.

Thanks to the creative mind of Valmar (source: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?42142-Ammo-Dismantling ) I made it so that it will be possible to scrap many new items using the quest system. Here's an example:

Fol9VuA.jpg

From the first glance it might seem, that everything is looking alright, however the description section of the "Quest" is actually generated automatically based on the recipe raw item names, that is used for making the item. Because of that fact, that some items don't have matching item name with item name in the Localization files, some of the items will show up with a different, but similar name.

I decided to go this route because time is very valuable and I rather make the scripts generate descriptions & names than writhing them for every item by hand. This way I can focus on item recipes than writing the same code twice.

what can we do to help you finish this?

Not much. But once it will be out, the first iteration, I will be considering making a project under github, so that anyone interested in helping will be able to do so. The mod will probably also require a Wiki page too because of the overhaul changes on recipes, new items etc. From my point of view it's like a big expansion on top of the default game.

Not much. But once it will be out, the first iteration, I will be considering making a project under github, so that anyone interested in helping will be able to do so. The mod will probably also require a Wiki page too because of the overhaul changes on recipes, new items etc. From my point of view it's like a big expansion on top of the default game.

what about testers?

what about testers?

I'll be hosting a private server for a small group of players for testing and balancing, since that way clients won't need to redownload the mod, but the server will push the xml changes.

At the moment I'm focusing primarily on altering/creating recipes as well as changing what blocks drop when destroyed to accommodate the changes. Once done with that, it will be ready for testing. Any major UI changes and improvements will come a bit later.

Some update notes for anyone who's been impatient ;)

I'm done with all the recipes (including scrap quest recipes) and items for the first iteration. Currently working on what blocks drop when destroyed or harvested and what resources they need to be repaired. Because of reintroduction of planks and twigs (previously known as sticks) as well as electrical stuff, many blocks will be changed and dismantling will be quite rewarding (approximately 60-80% of block creation cost in resources), so, for example, dismantling a door could yield planks, nails, hinges, door handles.

Bonus notes:

Regarding balancing: All the tool items in the game, that don't have quality will stack at 10, all consumables at 100, most items at 1000 and some basic resources such as scrap iron will stack up to 10000. Duke's coins at 25000. Most ammo at 500, heavier ones (pipe bomb, rockets) at 100.

Teaser with the last items added to the mod:

OfNQ5vR.jpg

Note that after I'm done and it will be tested out and published, new items will be added over time as well as the UI will be fleshed out and default UI bits will be reworked to match the new style.

Also I am considering a possibility in the future to edit the .dll file in order to increase the inventory size. I really don't want to do that, because it would require to disable EAC, but if testing gameplay will result in very hard inventory management, then it will be considered for future releases.

If all goes well, testing could be started tomorrow or after tomorrow.

The truth is that the mod looks very good. Well worked, in every way, detailed recipes, good quantity of items that are required (not like in vanilla, which for a door is wood and iron and ready).

I like the mods ...

Another detail ... Possibilities for Spanish translation?

I speak Spanish, could help in something. I have worked something in regards to the configurations of other mods that I downloaded (I edited them to my liking) ...

And in the community there are many people who speak Spanish. And already in the translation of the game itself, there are problems with that. But they do not fix that much.

Another detail ... Possibilities for Spanish translation?

I speak Spanish, could help in something. I have worked something in regards to the configurations of other mods that I downloaded (I edited them to my liking) ...

And in the community there are many people who speak Spanish. And already in the translation of the game itself, there are problems with that. But they do not fix that much.

Yes, by all means, you could help with the Spanish translations. If you want to participate early, join the discord channel, where we can talk about details how etc.

Since none of the people, who are joining the discord channel are posting here anymore, I would like to report, that the testing is going successfully.

So far I have found and solved many issues, that without the help of the people testing, wouldn't have been found. Balancing also is slowly shaping the mod to the direction I want it to go. If you want to try out the mod early on the test server (hosted in Germany), join our discord channel to find details how to. Any input is greatly appreciated.

As to when the xml files will be available is yet to be determined, because there are some issues to be dealt with regarding progression curve.

Since none of the people, who are joining the discord channel are posting here anymore, I would like to report, that the testing is going successfully.

So far I have found and solved many issues, that without the help of the people testing, wouldn't have been found. Balancing also is slowly shaping the mod to the direction I want it to go. If you want to try out the mod early on the test server (hosted in Germany), join our discord channel to find details how to. Any input is greatly appreciated.

As to when the xml files will be available is yet to be determined, because there are some issues to be dealt with regarding progression curve.

Oh, Really? I'm glad to hear that testing is going nice.

Unfortunately, I can't join server for ping/lag issue from here.

But, don't rush. Balancing is really important part for fun....

I'm looking forward to play your mod in a few weeks. :)

Keep up nice work.