SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

The OP says: "(DOWNLOAD) Build for 16b138 STABLE", so I was trying that version already in my PC (leading to crash). I download the latest link inside that download link (for 16.2), and now it works. The OP is misleading.

Thank you for pointing that out. I totally forgot to update that.

Fixed now.

I am not sure I follow. SMX is only a UI, nothing more changes with using it.

Oh, It's because I tried it out and the game looked a bit different from my set video settings (High). But hey great work I absolutely love the UI. Keep up the great work! Edit: I was talking about the custom textures that were mentioned in the thread. Also is there a way to get the UI alone without any custom textures or sprites?

Oh, It's because I tried it out and the game looked a bit different from my set video settings (High). But hey great work I absolutely love the UI. Keep up the great work! Edit: I was talking about the custom textures that were mentioned in the thread. Also is there a way to get the UI alone without any custom textures or sprites?

The custom textures referred to are just the ones used on the UI elements. They don't affect the game graphics at all, just allow things like the shading behind the toolbar and such.

Greetings survivors...

A new version of the unit frames will be revealed today on Games4Kickz Twitch Stream. Be sure to tune in and pass your judgement.

Twitter Announcement with times...

Twitch Link...

I will also attend live in the chat... see you there.

-S

Saw the new frames on his latest youtube posting and have to say I'm not sold on the change. The loss of the numbers is a big deal but also the human shape just doesn't make sense (to me at least) in this context. In every other game where you see that as part of a HUD it's because body zones matter for what is being displayed. Either it's telling you what gear is breaking or broken or it's telling you what part of your body is damaged. If we ever got sophisticated enough UI commands to make a context sensitive warning that came up and shaded just the gear slot in need of repairs soon, that would make sense. A human cutout just to be a health bar though just seems needlessly large and confusing.

Maybe others won't feel the same, but I at least hope this doesn't become the only look you update going forward. What you had already was as close to perfect in my opinion as we are likely to get without some seriously updated UI tools.

Saw the new frames on his latest youtube posting and have to say I'm not sold on the change. The loss of the numbers is a big deal but also the human shape just doesn't make sense (to me at least) in this context. In every other game where you see that as part of a HUD it's because body zones matter for what is being displayed. Either it's telling you what gear is breaking or broken or it's telling you what part of your body is damaged. If we ever got sophisticated enough UI commands to make a context sensitive warning that came up and shaded just the gear slot in need of repairs soon, that would make sense. A human cutout just to be a health bar though just seems needlessly large and confusing.

Maybe others won't feel the same, but I at least hope this doesn't become the only look you update going forward. What you had already was as close to perfect in my opinion as we are likely to get without some seriously updated UI tools.

Hi b0rgerking,

Hehe, no worries. The main UF will still be in the mod. There are currently 4 different designs in there.

This started as a brainstorm on discord a few nights ago and I just figured I would make it. The reason Kickz is running it now instead of me just releasing it is just to get a feel on it as it is quite a radical change from the other frames I have. I wanted to know how people react to it before even adding it.

If it will be the main frame or an optional is yet to be decided. Oh, and Kickz isn't running the latest version. The numbers are back in.

I've also gotten feedback on this to inspire me further with other designs based on the way people play their games so there are plenty of things going on in SMX atm.

Checked out the stream.

Cleverly done, Sir.

Thank you,

I am not quite sure if I even like the frames yet. But I've gotten some good feedback on them so I guess there's some getting used to.

If they make it into the mod as the main UF remains to be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice. If you need a 5th UI specific mod in there, maybe add True Survival. Sure would save me from hacking your template up every release!

Hehe, I guess that can be arranged. Depends on how deep you mod it though. If you mod a lot outside the standard hud then we might hit some snags. But sure, I can look into that.

Been looking forward to this day for quite some time: SMX is now available in the 7D2D Mod Launcher, under the UIs category!

Thanks, Sirillion!

Ahh, no worries, and thank you for adding it :)

I plan on building more on the github thing with adding separate repositories for the different UI designs built into SMX. The current experimental version seen on Games4Kickz's Twitch Stream included.

Ahh, no worries, and thank you for adding it :)

I plan on building more on the github thing with adding separate repositories for the different UI designs built into SMX. The current experimental version seen on Games4Kickz's Twitch Stream included.

If you create a "docs" folder in each of your repos, you can click on Settings, and scroll down to Github Pages, you can enable that docs folder to be a webserver. You can create a simple website with screenshots for each UI, etc.

Example: https://sphereii.github.io/Help/. "Help" is one of my repos.

If you create a "docs" folder in each of your repos, you can click on Settings, and scroll down to Github Pages, you can enable that docs folder to be a webserver. You can create a simple website with screenshots for each UI, etc.

Example: https://sphereii.github.io/Help/. "Help" is one of my repos.

Very nice, thank you. I will look into that :)

Hello Sirillion, amazing work on the mod it just gets better and better!

I was wondering if you could help me get the new SMX2 look into valmod overhaul?

Hi there, and thank you...

That should be as easy as to copy paste the SMX marked sections from the SMX xml's over to the Valmod xml's overwriting the already marked SMX sections in the Valmod xml's. You also need to copy the SMX mods folder from the SMX install over to the Valmod install if you are running with different install directories.

This should give you the SMX2 design if you had that installed in the install you copied this from. I would however advice you to copy the files based on the Valmod design file on Nexusmods and rather activate the SMX2 design from that one manually so that you also get the new Valmod design graphics I added last version for the full experience.

Archived