SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

Hey Sirillion - thanks for the most excellent done UI's first of all

i was wondering if you have plans to do the rest of the UI's in your style ?

i hope so - i cant play without them now lol

bring life to the game

In time the entire UI will have undergone the SMX treatment. I have had a short break now due to some home renovation, but the map screen is pretty much done and I will probably release that in a new version before I start my new work rotation come Dec. 3rd.

It is a slow process though, so all in due time. My plan is to release maps next, then I will probably do some work on SMXmenu before I jump to SMXhud to do some tweaks and then back to SMXui.

EDIT: But if you mean if I have plans to do the rest of the old designs that are in the OP of this old thread? Then no, no old designs will be revived at this point.

In time the entire UI will have undergone the SMX treatment. I have had a short break now due to some home renovation, but the map screen is pretty much done and I will probably release that in a new version before I start my new work rotation come Dec. 3rd.

It is a slow process though, so all in due time. My plan is to release maps next, then I will probably do some work on SMXmenu before I jump to SMXhud to do some tweaks and then back to SMXui.

EDIT: But if you mean if I have plans to do the rest of the old designs that are in the OP of this old thread? Then no, no old designs will be revived at this point.

That's great to here - I like the UI So far alot

Hey man, I dont know if you are aware of this problem but when I use your UI the bonus that are given by the nerd glasses and the cigar does not apply at all. I know you say that is just a cosmetic moddlet but that is happening. I removed the ui and both bonuses came back to live.

That got fixed in the latest release. You need to update the modlet.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you happen to still have the UI for A13.8 by any chance Sirillion, the one as used by G4K but is no longer available? Linkage:

Sorry to harp on about older alphas and UI's but I didn't get much time with A13, and my time modding the UI myself is giving me headaches despite the guides I read/watched. Send it by PM if you prefer, appreciate the mods as always :fat:

Do you happen to still have the UI for A13.8 by any chance Sirillion, the one as used by G4K but is no longer available? Linkage:

Sorry to harp on about older alphas and UI's but I didn't get much time with A13, and my time modding the UI myself is giving me headaches despite the guides I read/watched. Send it by PM if you prefer, appreciate the mods as always :fat:

I can take a look in the backups when I get home come Wednesday and see what I can find. No promises though.

• 2 weeks later...
Please Please Please Update your Beautiful SMXhud & SMXmenu so that it works with 18.3 experimental :) Much-o-Grass-E-Ass :)

Sorry, and it is not to be difficult but I will need the time to actually make the 18.3 version. The font change kinda wrecked havoc and I will need to adjust all labels. So, there will not be a version until it comes out of experimental.

Yeah, completely unnecessary to change the font at this state but I guess it's just a FunPimps thing (like many other things they do and I don't understand...).

I just updated the HUD to the new font and it was a pain in the ass since it's a lot of work and I'm still not satisfied.

"Everything" is different, like the position and size.... and that was just the in-game HUD, don't want to know how much time it will cost to adjust everything of SMX (UI, HUD, Menu,....).

Yeah, completely unnecessary to change the font at this state but I guess it's just a FunPimps thing (like many other things they do and I don't understand...).

I just updated the HUD to the new font and it was a pain in the ass since it's a lot of work and I'm still not satisfied.

"Everything" is different, like the position and size.... and that was just the in-game HUD, don't want to know how much time it will cost to adjust everything of SMX (UI, HUD, Menu,....).

Well, I do understand their font change. They kinda had to when they went full language support. The old font had some issues with displaying different characters already, then imagine adding Chinese, Japanese and Russian to the mix.

It is not just the font change, it is also Christmas, and as a family man, father and soon to be grandfather my priorities has to be elsewhere over the holidays. Like, I just spent the evening helping our youngest daughter setting up the PS4 Pro we got her for Christmas, installing Minecraft and Fortnite...and of course watching her play a bit.

And when it comes to the updates, I do more than just change the font issue. I also try to spend some time on the mods, doing some tweaks, expand on new functions and generally attempting to make them better.

So, when they are done I will drop them, hopefully just in time for 18.3 hits stable. Until then...Merry Christmas everyone :)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't focus on the negative.

Sirillion, I just wanted to take a moment to genuinely thank you for your hard work. A lot of the replies seem demanding, and ask a lot of you. If you ever feel like your work goes without appreciation, read this. Thank you so much. I honestly can't even play this game any more without the SMX mod. Happy new year, brother.

Sirillion, I just wanted to take a moment to genuinely thank you for your hard work. A lot of the replies seem demanding, and ask a lot of you. If you ever feel like your work goes without appreciation, read this. Thank you so much. I honestly can't even play this game any more without the SMX mod. Happy new year, brother.

Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated! And a happy new year to you too :)

Hi,

Yes, they all do their own thing. SMXmenu does the main and in-game menus. SMXhud does the HUD of the game, what you see when moving around. SMXui does the rest of the user interface, inventory, skills, character screen, journal, map(next release).

I did it that way to make it more versatile in regards to updates so that an update to the menu doesn't need to break the rest of the experience.

Hi,

Yes, they all do their own thing. SMXmenu does the main and in-game menus. SMXhud does the HUD of the game, what you see when moving around. SMXui does the rest of the user interface, inventory, skills, character screen, journal, map(next release).

I did it that way to make it more versatile in regards to updates so that an update to the menu doesn't need to break the rest of the experience.

I thought so, but wanted to make sure. Thx

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

This seems to work great for a single player experience --- how do you do this for a client / Dedi server?

Mod manager --- regardless of how many times I clear the cache etc --- it still thinks it needs to update these 3 --- even if I download them from Nexus.

Otherwise, it seems to be working.

That is because they are not updated on the mod launcher yet. I would have done it but I am working on some features and don't want to have to do it twice in a few days. But tomorrow it will be done.

Ahhh sweet...

Is it possible to have these not impact a client but still exist on a server?

Example --- one of your technically slow friends doesn't apply the modlets --- but you do and want to use them but not effect the Ludite.

That is not possible no.

Archived