Sign in to follow this  
Sirillion

SMX - By Sirillion

Hi, if you check the nexusmods link I have a FAQ there but I can answer it for you here also :)

Yes, the mod will push to some extent. All the designs I have will need the client to download the Client Asset Pack as a bare minimum, with the exception of the SIRMOD design which will push with no client download.

I hope that answers your question :)

Sorry, maybe I'm blind. :-p Where is the FAQ? I looked at the OP and I didn't see anything other than your descriptions, screen shots, and install notes. I searched the mod forum for nexus and didn't see what you were referring to.

I'll take it from the response though, that for a full experience, people just need to install on the client. Which works. :-p Thanks!

Sorry, maybe I'm blind. :-p Where is the FAQ? I looked at the OP and I didn't see anything other than your descriptions, screen shots, and install notes. I searched the mod forum for nexus and didn't see what you were referring to.

I'll take it from the response though, that for a full experience, people just need to install on the client. Which works. :-p Thanks!

It is located at the bottom of the page on the Description tab over at Nexusmods :)

It is located at the bottom of the page on the Description tab over at Nexusmods :)

Ah... Your download site. Got it. Thanks!

Hi, both me and my gf are using your SMX Big Back Pack mod through the 7DTD launcher tool. It worked fine yesterday, but today the base game will no longer launch for either of us when running your mod.

I see you just released an update, so assume this has something to do with it. Do we just need to wait until the 7DTD launcher guys update their tool, or.. what gives? Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Hi, both me and my gf are using your SMX Big Back Pack mod through the 7DTD launcher tool. It worked fine yesterday, but today the base game will no longer launch for either of us when running your mod.

I see you just released an update, so assume this has something to do with it. Do we just need to wait until the 7DTD launcher guys update their tool, or.. what gives? Thanks in advance for any help. :)

It should update automatically. What is the symptoms of your issue?

It should update automatically. What is the symptoms of your issue?

It attempts to start the game, and then nothing happens. The log in the 7DTD launcher tool goes like this:

Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Mods ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Config ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data ...... Done

Copying \TempMods\README.md to \README.md... Done.

Copying \TempMods\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll to \7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll... Done.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe ... Done

Oh and I should probably add that we both play in our own SP worlds, so no server stuff or anything. Could it have to do with the new Assembly-CSharp.dll file that was added to Big Bag?

Can someone help me

1-SMX A16.3B12R2-22-A16-3B12R2

2-BIGBAGA16.3B12R2-22-A16-3B12R2

I installed order

MiniBike continues with 18 slot

linke for photo

Alpha_16.3_2017-09-18_13-57-15.jpg.11ae8442a7b2970f08431fde840a0d9a.jpg

Can someone help me

1-SMX A16.3B12R2-22-A16-3B12R2

2-BIGBAGA16.3B12R2-22-A16-3B12R2

I installed order

MiniBike continues with 18 slot

linke for photo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22713[/ATTACH]

If used with an existing minibike the minibike must be taken apart, the minibike frame picked up then placed down again and re assembled. The mod should then work.

I'm sorry I've failed to make that clear.

Oh and I should probably add that we both play in our own SP worlds, so no server stuff or anything. Could it have to do with the new Assembly-CSharp.dll file that was added to Big Bag?

Did you remember to turn EAC off? If it only goes to a black screen when launching that is EAC stopping the game from launching due to the modified data file.

Did you remember to turn EAC off? If it only goes to a black screen when launching that is EAC stopping the game from launching due to the modified data file.

Yes, EAC is off. Everything worked fine just yesterday. The screen doesn't go black. The system just seems to forget that it was supposed to start up the game after that last line in the log appears, and goes on its merry business as if the start button had never been pushed.

Yes, EAC is off. Everything worked fine just yesterday. The screen doesn't go black. The system just seems to forget that it was supposed to start up the game after that last line in the log appears, and goes on its merry business as if the start button had never been pushed.

Could you try doing a manual download and install and tell me if the issue persists?

Could you try doing a manual download and install and tell me if the issue persists?

Doing so now. Earlier I did try deleting and reinstalling the mod in the launcher, to no effect. GF is working on her end to do the manual install to see if that makes a difference. It's the BIGBAGA16 file, right?

Doing so now. Earlier I did try deleting and reinstalling the mod in the launcher, to no effect. GF is working on her end to do the manual install to see if that makes a difference. It's the BIGBAGA16 file, right?

I just realized it is a log output from the launcher you posted and not from the game. No wonder I got confused over it ... teaches me right for not reading thoroughly enough through the posts :p

I just tested the launcher now, downloading the Big Bag Pack and running and it started just fine. I am not sure as to why you get that issue but from what I gather you start the game via the launcher right?

I don't know much about the launcher to be honest so maybe Sphereii should be here and look at why this is happening to you.

At this point I would just try and start the game from Steam and see if it fires up.

Ok so here's a new report:

* Running the vanilla game through Steam works fine

* GF was able to start up the game with BIGBAG16 on a manual install, but she gets some Null Reference error and her old save game got stuck on "Loading UI"

* Other mods work OK through the mod launcher

Will poke around some more and see what we come up with. Thanks for trying to help, Sirillion!

Ok so here's a new report:

* Running the vanilla game through Steam works fine

* GF was able to start up the game with BIGBAG16 on a manual install, but she gets some Null Reference error and her old save game got stuck on "Loading UI"

* Other mods work OK through the mod launcher

Will poke around some more and see what we come up with. Thanks for trying to help, Sirillion!

When downloading and installing the mod manually you must remember to first download the main SMX package, then overwrite with the BigBag package.

When downloading and installing the mod manually you must remember to first download the main SMX package, then overwrite with the BigBag package.

Oooh! Well that would explain a lot. Thanks, we'll try that. :)

Yes! That worked fine. So we can confirm that on our end the manual install works, but the mod launcher version doesn't.

Again, thank you for your kind help, sir!

id like the bag and minibike upgrade but am running valmod. will it work? sorry if this is a dumb question. noob here

id like the bag and minibike upgrade but am running valmod. will it work? sorry if this is a dumb question. noob here

That will not work out of the box I am afraid. I have however promised to make a patch for a server so I just might make that patch available for download.

And there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. Our experiences differ, no one knows it all and someone will always wonder about something.

Edited by Sirillion (see edit history)

Hey again Sirillion!

The problem with the mod launcher has been solved. Sphereii found the issue. Here's a quote from him:

"The server copy of the Assembly-CSharp.dll was added to the github repo, but there was no filter on it for the Mod Launcher. The Mod Launcher was likely installing the server copy."

After reinstalling your mod in the mod launcher it now works as beautifully as ever. In the meantime we were able to play on the manual install, so thank you for that help too! You guys are truly great. :)

Hey again Sirillion!

The problem with the mod launcher has been solved. Sphereii found the issue. Here's a quote from him:

"The server copy of the Assembly-CSharp.dll was added to the github repo, but there was no filter on it for the Mod Launcher. The Mod Launcher was likely installing the server copy."

After reinstalling your mod in the mod launcher it now works as beautifully as ever. In the meantime we were able to play on the manual install, so thank you for that help too! You guys are truly great. :)

Ahh, good! I am glad to hear it worked itself out in the end :)

Thank you Sirillion for including my mod info. It helps me :) Was a nice surprise to see that!

Oh, you are most welcome, and thank you for using SMX with your mod :)