SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

Thanks your answer. I realize this is hard coded dll mod the Games4kikz. Waiting this mod update. Thanks

And YEAH! Working fine. Working the assembly-sharp.dll and xml files and working fine!

SMX, thanks for NOT helping me, because i learn how to make OWN bigger backpack mod. Thanks a lot :D

Bye-Bye :D

And YEAH! Working fine. Working the assembly-sharp.dll and xml files and working fine!

SMX, thanks for NOT helping me, because i learn how to make OWN bigger backpack mod. Thanks a lot :D

Bye-Bye :D

I have to state the fact that I cannot release that patch due to the terms that Starvation mod is released under.

It is not that I didn’t WANT to help you it is that I wasn’t ALLOWED to help you with this.

That said I am glad to see you are learning and making it work for you and I wish you the best moving forward.

He may not have meant it that way. It may have been more of "That's alright Sirillion, not having it readily available has given me the push I needed to learn how to do these kind of changes myself. Thanks for your help". Communication is hard.

P.S. Thank you for all your hard work, we really do appreciate you.

He may not have meant it that way. It may have been more of "That's alright Sirillion, not having it readily available has given me the push I needed to learn how to do these kind of changes myself. Thanks for your help". Communication is hard.

P.S. Thank you for all your hard work, we really do appreciate you.

Thank you for making me see there could be an alternative meaning here.

I have moderated my reply accordingly.

Just to be clear, I don't feel your reply was inappropriate in any way. He could very well have meant it that way and I felt you responded in a very mature fashion. I just know dealing with a lot of things like that can begin to drag on a person even if you mostly put it out of your mind and I imagine you have to deal with it a lot given how much of an influence you have on the community. Plus just think if I had to start modding because you got fed up with the interwebs *shudders*.

I have a small problem and I'm hoping someone can help me. I use a ps4 controller and I've had no serious issues with it so far. However after installing some UI mods I'm having an issue. Been afraid to ask for help as I know how anti-controller some people are :p

When I play Valmod overhaul I have no problem. I have also used the default SMX UI on vanilla with no issues. However, when I use the Valmod UI mod by itself on vanilla or use the War of the Walkers mod which also uses Valmod's UI I can't access the toolbelt in any of the menus using the controller. The cursor moves all over the screen like normal but stops just above the toolbelt. I CAN use the mouse to access the toolbelt though.

I've tried the Bigger backpack UI and normal one and still have the issue.

I know few use controllers on pc, and I agree m/kb is better, but I just don't find it comfortable personally.

Love your UI mods btw Sirillion, and Valmod's my favorite one. Even if no one can help, keep on making these great UI's. :)

Just been having to use the mouse when I want to swap stuff out of my toolbelt in the meantime while playing War of the Walkers lol

I have a small problem and I'm hoping someone can help me. I use a ps4 controller and I've had no serious issues with it so far. However after installing some UI mods I'm having an issue. Been afraid to ask for help as I know how anti-controller some people are :p

When I play Valmod overhaul I have no problem. I have also used the default SMX UI on vanilla with no issues. However, when I use the Valmod UI mod by itself on vanilla or use the War of the Walkers mod which also uses Valmod's UI I can't access the toolbelt in any of the menus using the controller. The cursor moves all over the screen like normal but stops just above the toolbelt. I CAN use the mouse to access the toolbelt though.

I've tried the Bigger backpack UI and normal one and still have the issue.

I know few use controllers on pc, and I agree m/kb is better, but I just don't find it comfortable personally.

Love your UI mods btw Sirillion, and Valmod's my favorite one. Even if no one can help, keep on making these great UI's. :)

Just been having to use the mouse when I want to swap stuff out of my toolbelt in the meantime while playing War of the Walkers lol

Hi bladewalker27, sorry to see you are having issues ... and for the somewhat late reply.

Please test this patch I made just now and see if that fixes the issue for you. Please be advised that this patch is for SMX only, not for Valmod or WotW overhauls.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyh5bahf70kx3g3/smxcontrollerpatch.rar?dl=0

If this solves the problem at hand then I will guide you through what needs to be done to fix the other two.

Thanks for the fast reply, didn't expect an answer for awhile lol

Just tested and it works perfectly, thank you! You Sir, are a Hero :) This has been bugging me for weeks/months now but I just lived with it, and in less than an hour you fixed it!

If I can get this to work with any other Ui's then I'll be one happy guy. :)

Either way HUGE thanks to you Sirillion! You are one of the best.

Blade

Thanks for the fast reply, didn't expect an answer for awhile lol

Just tested and it works perfectly, thank you! You Sir, are a Hero :) This has been bugging me for weeks/months now but I just lived with it, and in less than an hour you fixed it!

If I can get this to work with any other Ui's then I'll be one happy guy. :)

Either way HUGE thanks to you Sirillion! You are one of the best.

Blade

Ahh, I am glad to hear it worked out!

The issue was a missing attribute to the toolbelt code sections. It was ok for SMX standard toolbelt but missing from Valmod and Sirmod versions ... so this fault is on me for not catching that.

What you need to do to fix it is as follows:

1. Edit windows.xml in the Data\Config\XUi folder
  2. Search for "SMXToolbelt1SMX" without the ""
  3. You will find a code line that looks like this:
    <window name="SMXToolbelt1SMX" width="760" height="226" depth="0" pos="0,85" anchor="CenterBottom" backgroundcolor="[black]" controller="ToolbeltWindow" visible="{toolbeltvisible}" cursor_area="true">

4. Look to the end of that code line and copy cursor_area="true"
  5. Find the other toolbelt sections in the code below and add cursor_area="true" to the end of those code lines, but remember to keep it before the closing >

If you can manage to do that it will fix the issue for you.

I advise you to use Notepad++ if you don't already as that will greatly increase your ability to read the code.

Hope if works out for you and if not, let me know and I will help you further.

Ok I've done some xml editing so I'll give it a shot, really appreciate the help.

I just checked the bigger backpack mod and realized it also mods the windows xml. I'll take a shot at it and let you know how it goes.

Thanks, Blade

oh and don't worry about having missed something so small. From what I gather very very few use a controller so not surprised it was missed. Glad I could help you find it to help others though :)

edit: just fixed the WotW mod and can finally use my controller to access the toolbelt! haha thanks again!

Ok I've done some xml editing so I'll give it a shot, really appreciate the help.

I just checked the bigger backpack mod and realized it also mods the windows xml. I'll take a shot at it and let you know how it goes.

Thanks, Blade

oh and don't worry about having missed something so small. From what I gather very very few use a controller so not surprised it was missed. Glad I could help you find it to help others though :)

edit: just fixed the WotW mod and can finally use my controller to access the toolbelt! haha thanks again!

You are most welcome, glad I could help :)

I have to state the fact that I cannot release that patch due to the terms that Starvation mod is released under.

It is not that I didn’t WANT to help you it is that I wasn’t ALLOWED to help you with this.

That said I am glad to see you are learning and making it work for you and I wish you the best moving forward.

♥♥♥♥ I've been waiting for the backpack version you gave kickz for starvation

Are there any tutorials you would recommend for figuring this out by one's self?

We would have to check with the Starvation crew. Making personal changes like this is ok but releasing it may not be. That said, the changes I made is not a mod it is merely a patch and as such would not work standalone. So, time will tell.

Starvation mods TOS seems mostly concerned with controlling redistribution of models that they've licensed from third parties.

If you've produced a patch to Starvation that does not redistribute that licensed copyrighted content, then it would seem a lot more likely that if you ask them for permission that they'll grant it.

♥♥♥♥ I've been waiting for the backpack version you gave kickz for starvation

Are there any tutorials you would recommend for figuring this out by one's self?

Good morning, I am sorry but I know of no tutorials that can help you with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Starvation mods TOS seems mostly concerned with controlling redistribution of models that they've licensed from third parties.

If you've produced a patch to Starvation that does not redistribute that licensed copyrighted content, then it would seem a lot more likely that if you ask them for permission that they'll grant it.

I am not so sure, they also seem very interested in not making a bigger bag space available just yet. I will look into it further though.

Sirillion thats a bit of a strech to say init? seing how u allready got the permission from the starvation team to distribute the assets to games4kicks, then im pretty sure u can also give it out to others, you just have to follow the terms of use, bur making sure that u explain that u have permission to give out the files and that u make sure to give credit to the guys actually working on it. but please correct me if om wrong

(edit to add the terms of use for starvation mod)

* you can copy the material in any medium or format for your personal use.

* If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material, without asking for our permission first. This includes c# code, xml configurations and all included models and icons.

* If permission is given, you must give appropriate credit, provide a link to this license, and indicate what changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

Sirillion thats a bit of a strech to say init? seing how u allready got the permission from the starvation team to distribute the assets to games4kicks, then im pretty sure u can also give it out to others, you just have to follow the terms of use, bur making sure that u explain that u have permission to give out the files and that u make sure to give credit to the guys actually working on it. but please correct me if om wrong

(edit to add the terms of use for starvation mod)

* you can copy the material in any medium or format for your personal use.

* If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material, without asking for our permission first. This includes c# code, xml configurations and all included models and icons.

* If permission is given, you must give appropriate credit, provide a link to this license, and indicate what changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

Hi, and sorry for the late reply. I am at work and can only check on this every so often.

I did not have permission to give it to Games4Kickz, I’ve never talked to any of the Starvation crew people.

I did it as a favor to Kickz and I do not use it myself as I don’t play it.

As for your cry for help, I would normally but with my busy work schedule I simply cannot as I work 12 hr shifts at the moment. It will cool down next week though.

Hi, and sorry for the late reply. I am at work and can only check on this every so often.

I did not have permission to give it to Games4Kickz, I’ve never talked to any of the Starvation crew people.

I did it as a favor to Kickz and I do not use it myself as I don’t play it.

As for your cry for help, I would normally but with my busy work schedule I simply cannot as I work 12 hr shifts at the moment. It will cool down next week though.

not crying for help at all :) just saying that it was a bit of a strech to say that statement, but i didnt mean to insult u or anything :)

i am currently trying myself to get it to work and when i get it working ill try and get the perm to distribute the patch for other players who would like to use it on their own single player :) but ty for the reply, and hope that work soon cools down :p

update

i made it work myself, and are now jsut waiting for permission to release it from starvation team :)

Due to it being highly requested and with Mortelentus’ permission I just made the Starvation Mod BigBag Patch available for download.

https://rd.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/100

That's nice, but when comes out the sharp.dll for Server ? I need it emmediatly for my Server, if someone would share the information what are the attributes for Minibike Storage in the dll i would do it already for myself but i couldnt find it out.

That's nice, but when comes out the sharp.dll for Server ? I need it emmediatly for my Server, if someone would share the information what are the attributes for Minibike Storage in the dll i would do it already for myself but i couldnt find it out.

Server file is coming Wednesday as I am currently away at work.

Archived