SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

Really good to see that this mod is still developing, love your work and use it on my servers.

A question about questtracker, I have added some quests from modders that have 9 objectives. If I try to make those quests active it start to spam error messages so fast that nothing can be done, except restart and tweak quest. If I move the objectives to other quests that works the same thing happens again. Also if I remove a random objective so there is 8 objectives left everything works great.

I start to think that this maybe can be related to how many objectives your mod can show. If this is related what can I do to make your mod show more objectives, or is 8 a limit I should not play around with?

I use default SMX but a older versions since my servers is A16.1. With the awesome new minibike window added I have to update to latest version, and I just tested it in a single player with A16.1 and t seem to work well.

Thanks for any help :)

Edit: I think I fixed it. I found this setting in SMXQuestTracker and I changed the rows to 10. Now it display all 9 objectives.

<grid name="objectiveList" rows="10" </window>

Is there any negative effects of doing this?

oKy0cwg.thumb.jpg.a8c6104dd5c7eefa17bbadce965c8636.jpg

Does this HUD have to access imgur just to work? Its super annoying for me because I don't always have internet access (Using my phone as a modem while away from home).

How do I make it work offline? I don't have the offline folder that another comment recommended to copy/paste.

I'm playing True Survival SMX 15.2 btw

Really good to see that this mod is still developing, love your work and use it on my servers.

A question about questtracker, I have added some quests from modders that have 9 objectives. If I try to make those quests active it start to spam error messages so fast that nothing can be done, except restart and tweak quest. If I move the objectives to other quests that works the same thing happens again. Also if I remove a random objective so there is 8 objectives left everything works great.

I start to think that this maybe can be related to how many objectives your mod can show. If this is related what can I do to make your mod show more objectives, or is 8 a limit I should not play around with?

I use default SMX but a older versions since my servers is A16.1. With the awesome new minibike window added I have to update to latest version, and I just tested it in a single player with A16.1 and t seem to work well.

Thanks for any help :)

Edit: I think I fixed it. I found this setting in SMXQuestTracker and I changed the rows to 10. Now it display all 9 objectives.

Is there any negative effects of doing this?

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I only mod the look of the quest tracker, not the functionality. So any requirements or limitations are vanilla code.

That said I am glad to see you made it work for you. I would say that the change you made should work with no issues. In fact I can add that change to the mod so that you don't have to mess around with it in future versions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22604[/ATTACH]

Does this HUD have to access imgur just to work? Its super annoying for me because I don't always have internet access (Using my phone as a modem while away from home).

How do I make it work offline? I don't have the offline folder that another comment recommended to copy/paste.

I'm playing True Survival SMX 15.2 btw

Hi,

SMX has never used imgur as a host. I do not know to what extent the True Survival team mod my code so I cannot give support for code that I do not know.

That said, I would follow the links that you find in the three xui folder files and download them locally. Then change the code to use a local file instead of a an online hosted one. But bear in mind that there were limitations in A15 when using that code, hence them using an online host.

2 quick questions....does SMX2 work with 16.3 and is it possible to add the map location to it...ideally next to height but under compass would work.

All SMX designs are 16.3 ready. If you by map location mean coordinates then no, as far as I know there are issues with putting the coordinates onto the hud.

I have a problem, one player on my server have "trap damage" stuck in the buff menu. Im not sure if this have anything to do with this mod but I ask here since I use this mod.

Anyone have any suggestions/fix to remove this issue?

Have him check to see if he also have the buff in the buff screen in the character window. SMX enhanced buff frames use the controller from that window. I do not think it is a SMX issue as SMX simply display what buffs come onto the character, it does not generate buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Upcoming feature to SMX, currently in testing. Will release it here in the coming days...

bsjjSU4.jpg

Have him check to see if he also have the buff in the buff screen in the character window. SMX enhanced buff frames use the controller from that window. I do not think it is a SMX issue as SMX simply display what buffs come onto the character, it does not generate buffs.

It only in the buff window. I dont think this is related to your mob, but do you have any suggestions to how this issue can be fixed?

@sirillion, Myself and some others that I spoke with noticed some confusion over Temperature placements in SMX2. The current weather is more predominantly displayed info is the weather outside, but really the more important information that effects the player is their current temperature. Several people including myself at initial glance, thought that the temperature reading in the weather cloud was the current body temp, after closer inspection I realized how wrong I was. This is rather long winded, but the TLDR; consider making the body temp reading more predominant to avoid confusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Upcoming feature to SMX, currently in testing. Will release it here in the coming days...

bsjjSU4.jpg

Are you going to make larger storage as well?? If so I would be able to use only SMX on my modded game.

@sirillion, Myself and some others that I spoke with noticed some confusion over Temperature placements in SMX2. The current weather is more predominantly displayed info is the weather outside, but really the more important information that effects the player is their current temperature. Several people including myself at initial glance, thought that the temperature reading in the weather cloud was the current body temp, after closer inspection I realized how wrong I was. This is rather long winded, but the TLDR; consider making the body temp reading more predominant to avoid confusion.

Hi, and sorry about the slow reply.

I have no intention to redo that part of the mod as I feel it is good as it is and I think I will leave good enough alone.

Thanks for your input though, if I get a lot of feedback on this issue I will revisit.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to make larger storage as well?? If so I would be able to use only SMX on my modded game.

Hi,

By storage do you mean the containers? I have no immediate plans to do so no, as I simply wanted to help out those that "need" to loot everything and/or want to play nomad. Container size can be easily remedied by crafting more containers.

That said, if this proves to become a popular demand I just might revisit this also.

I have a problem, one player on my server have "trap damage" stuck in the buff menu. Im not sure if this have anything to do with this mod but I ask here since I use this mod.

Anyone have any suggestions/fix to remove this issue?

I've had that stuck on my player for weeks on a stock vanilla server using totally stock game.

If you google it has come up for other players as well. I don't think it has anything to do with this mod.

I also had it in alpha 15 as well.

By storage do you mean the containers? I have no immediate plans to do so no, as I simply wanted to help out those that "need" to loot everything and/or want to play nomad. Container size can be easily remedied by crafting more containers.

That said, if this proves to become a popular demand I just might revisit this also.

FWIW, kickz mentioned this idea in his stream as well:

Sirillion please help me!

I put the smx mod and bigger backpack mod with my war of the walkers mod.

working fine, but the forge is open, this console error spammed.

What setting or try setting?

Error: IndexOutOfRange Exception:Array Index Out Of Range

The logfile:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

at XUiC_WorkstationMaterialInputWindow.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiController.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (Single updateDeltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A.BL.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.BC () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

The logfile:

Which version of SMX did you integrate into this? Did you use the one on Nexusmods or have you gotten your hands on the current beta?

The logfile:

This is due to windows.xml that comes with that mod which will overwrite my modded version. The workstations I have in the mod have lines in the windows.xml file which are lost when you overwrite them with this mod. I plan on supporting this in my next version of my mod. For now if you really want it you will have to merge the differences in the xml files. I would recommend using Notepad++ with a compare tool

si3iOEB.jpg

CHANGES WITH THIS VERSION:

• Added increased Minibike Storage ... 112 slots.
  • Added increased crafting queue ... 8 slots.
  • Added extra smelting slot ... 3 slots.
  • Added logo and main menu code for all known SMX mod integrators and placeholder graphics where I didn't have the graphics downloaded. (Valmod, True Survival, WotW & Craftworx)
  • Increased the number of objective lines in the Quest Tracker to 12, up from 8.
  • Added dedicated server Assembly-csharp.dll file to the BigBag and SwayGateBigBag mods.

Some practical information:

The BigBag and SwayGateBigBag mods in optional will require you to get hands on with the files now with the minibike and queue and smelting slot changes. When installing these they will overwrite the design back to the standard SMX design and you will have to go into the Data\Config folder and rename xui.xml into something else and then rename the xui - <design>.xml file of your choice into xui.xml. This will give you the desired design.

!!DISCLAIMER!!

Please make sure to backup your save game files before updating to the latest version of the mod. This goes for all changes, always!

If you do not know where to find your saves:

1. Press the Windows Key + R to open a run command window...
  2. Type %appdata% and press ENTER...
  3. There should now be a 7DaysToDie folder at this location...
  4. Make sure to backup this folders content.

To SMX integration modders:

I will try and standardize the logo/main menu as good as I can. This might mean that you need to make new graphics for it or change sizes and positions in your image files. This change will continue to "evolve" in the coming releases with this release as the first attempt on this.

Also, this means that I will be shipping YOUR logo and main menu logo graphics with SMX as default so that there are no lose ends in my code with missing files and such. All files will be located in the SMX\Textures\Misc folder and the filenames will be kept as can be seen in that folder. If you want to update your graphics please do so but keep the filename and location the same. This change will make your life easier when using SMX to integrate into your mod as you won't have to change so much. Please inform me whenever you update those files and I can catch that and integrate it into SMX's next release.

-S

Edit: I've had a few questions about donations. I've now activated the donation button on Nexusmods for those that have asked about this. This notice is meant as information to those that have asked about this and should not be perceived as anything else than that. I am not expecting nor demanding anything. SMX is and will always be free!

Hey Sirillion,

I don't know the UI mods well at all. But does this push from a dedicated server to the client? So if I setup my server with this mod, will all clients have it loaded as well? Sorry if this has been asked before. I did try to poke through the thread!

Hi, if you check the nexusmods link I have a FAQ there but I can answer it for you here also :)

Yes, the mod will push to some extent. All the designs I have will need the client to download the Client Asset Pack as a bare minimum, with the exception of the SIRMOD design which will push with no client download.

I hope that answers your question :)

Archived