SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

How can I remove that textrue entirely, the smx enhanced thing, its pretty distracting to me in that upper right corner lol.

You can remove it entirely by editing xui.xml and either remove or comment the following line...

REMOVE THIS LINE
		<window name="SMX" anchor="RightTop" />			<!-- SMX UI -->

OR COMMENT
<!--			<window name="SMX" anchor="RightTop" /> -->		<!-- SMX UI -->

You need to send your updated Mods folder to the clients also. If you change the code to look for a new file name they do not have that file in their Mods folder. But you do have the file so it does work for you.

The best way to change that logo is to just overwrite the file with the new logo with the same file name. That way you do not have to change any code and no clients will have issues if they do not have the new logo as their game will just show the old one instead.

But they don't even have a mods folder. How does the rest show up for them? Trying to go server side mods only.

SMX require the Mods folder to function. Lots of sprites will not work if not.

but how does this work (with no mods folder)

<rect width="240" height="35" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Health" visible="{statvisible}">
			<texture name="SMXHealthBarBG" depth="1" size="240,54" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\healthbarempty.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="0,-55" /> <!-- Online Equivalent: http://i63.tinypic.com/nq5ml5.jpg -->
			<sprite name="BarContent" depth="2" height="25" width="220" atlas="itemiconatlas" sprite="smxuf1health" type="filled" fill="0" pos="8,-65" />
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-62" font_size="32" effect="outline" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{statcurrentwithmax}" />
		</rect>

but this does not?

<texture name="SMX" depth="0" size="250,27" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\fearislandlogo.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="-355,-6" /> <!-- Online Equivalent: http://i63.tinypic.com/9pw8oz.jpg -->
	<label name="SMXServerInfo1" depth="0" size="250,27" text="" font_size="20" effect="outline" color="[green]" justify="center" pos="-610,-8" overflow="resizeheight" />

both use the same "texture=@file:"

Thanks for the help with this, love the HUD!

is there anyway that you know of that I can get a custom logo in without requiring the clients to download anything?

Okay cancel that I ended up using texture="@http://xxxx"

I swapped the health and stamina bars for textures (like the food and water) because I couldn't get a sprite to load in the same way.

Now i'm stumped with trying to figure out how to get the tool belt selector (the highlighter to show what tool your on) in the game without any downloads. How can I get a sprite to come in from a URL? probably not possible... is there an alternate solution?

but how does this work (with no mods folder)

<rect width="240" height="35" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Health" visible="{statvisible}">
			<texture name="SMXHealthBarBG" depth="1" size="240,54" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\healthbarempty.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="0,-55" /> <!-- Online Equivalent: http://i63.tinypic.com/nq5ml5.jpg -->
			<sprite name="BarContent" depth="2" height="25" width="220" atlas="itemiconatlas" sprite="smxuf1health" type="filled" fill="0" pos="8,-65" />
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-62" font_size="32" effect="outline" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{statcurrentwithmax}" />
		</rect>

but this does not?

<texture name="SMX" depth="0" size="250,27" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\fearislandlogo.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="-355,-6" /> <!-- Online Equivalent: http://i63.tinypic.com/9pw8oz.jpg -->
	<label name="SMXServerInfo1" depth="0" size="250,27" text="" font_size="20" effect="outline" color="[green]" justify="center" pos="-610,-8" overflow="resizeheight" />

both use the same "texture=@file:"

Thanks for the help with this, love the HUD!

is there anyway that you know of that I can get a custom logo in without requiring the clients to download anything?

@ The first code example ... are you sure that it works? Yes they both use the same @file: but that is only for the static background graphics and the logo file. The bar itself is made up of a sprite, and unless they changed something in b129, the sprite is not pushed to the clients from a dedicated server, only the texture is.

As for the question as to why one works and not the other. There is only one way that cannot work, the asset is not where it should be. So the code cannot find it. If you put the fearislandlogo.png in the servers Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc folder and then restart the server I think that should work. Or as I stated earlier, just make the logo file have the same name and then overwrite the SMX file and then it should work with no code change whatsoever or the need to download anything.

But this is not a problem anymore as you've decided to go with @http:

When it comes to you swapping the stamina bars for textures like the food and water ... all bars use sprites. The texture part in you see in the code are only backgrounds. The active moving bars are sprites.

That said, if you want to remove the need for a Mods folder for Health and Stamina then just change this

Into this...and then play around with height and width settings to make it fit.

<sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  name="BarContent" sprite="{statimage|once}" type="filled" height="37" width="162" fill="0"  />

Sadly there is, as far as I know, not a way to get the circular XP bar to show without using a Mods folder ... yet.

@ The Toolbelt selector: There is a way but not with using the custom sprite.

Change this from controls.xml:

<sprite depth="3" name="background" atlas="itemiconatlas" sprite="smxtb1select2" width="123" height="86" type="sliced" pos="-21,2" globalopacity="true" fillcenter="false" />

Into this:

<sprite depth="3" name="background" sprite="menu_empty2px" width="83" height="83" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true" fillcenter="false" />

That change should give you a Toolbelt selector with using the ingame sprite.

@ The first code example ... are you sure that it works? Yes they both use the same @file: but that is only for the static background graphics and the logo file. The bar itself is made up of a sprite, and unless they changed something in b129, the sprite is not pushed to the clients from a dedicated server, only the texture is.

You're right, I misunderstood what they were telling me, and it did not actually work the whole time... HAHA it is working now using the @http

Sadly there is, as far as I know, not a way to get the circular XP bar to show without using a Mods folder ... yet.

This I don't care about, because I have my own custom level progress bar that sits on top of the tool belt and it works just fine. if you want the code let me know. (It shows only a bar that fills until you reach the next level then resets. It does not show your current level number)

@ The Toolbelt selector: There is a way but not with using the custom sprite.

Change this from controls.xml:

<sprite depth="3" name="background" atlas="itemiconatlas" sprite="smxtb1select2" width="123" height="86" type="sliced" pos="-21,2" globalopacity="true" fillcenter="false" />

Into this:

<sprite depth="3" name="background" sprite="menu_empty2px" width="83" height="83" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true" fillcenter="false" />

That change should give you a Toolbelt selector with using the ingame sprite.

I will try this out right now. Thank you for all your help, and again GREAT WORK with the HUD!! Everyone loves it.

That worked. Side-question for you. The text that pops up directly above the toolbelt. What is it called? my progress bar overlaps it and I want to adjust it's position.... thanks in advance!

Hehe, you and everyone else, myself included ... sadly that text is hardcoded and cannot be moved via xml modding. We are hoping for a change on that, same with the chat window. Would be nice to be able to move them :)

Hehe, you and everyone else, myself included ... sadly that text is hardcoded and cannot be moved via xml modding. We are hoping for a change on that, same with the chat window. Would be nice to be able to move them :)

Oh alright. Looks like I'll have to move my progress bar up above it then. Thanks!

Wonder if this'll work with the A16 release.

Well yes, yes it will...

New version up: smx16b138r01 - DOWNLOAD

Changes with this update:

• Compatibility update for build 138 STABLE.

Not much has changed with the modded files from TFP this time around. A small change to xui.xml and some minor changes to windows.xml in parts unrelated to the mod.

Get it while its hot.

-S

thx for the good mod.

is there a possibility thats my dedicated server send the picture to client or change the path from pic to download from internet?

Not every player will change in your 7days folder...

and sorry for my bad english.

greets Stork

Thanks for your work on this. I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't get it working this time though. I've had the mod working in other patches and in an earlier experimental a16. I was tinkering with my window.xml file to get a larger minibike storage but I've currently got your unmodified file in there to test and I'm still not getting the hud to show up. All files are installed to ..steamapps/common/7 days to die/...

thx for the good mod.

is there a possibility thats my dedicated server send the picture to client or change the path from pic to download from internet?

Not every player will change in your 7days folder...

and sorry for my bad english.

greets Stork

That is possible yes but players will still need to download the mod locally due to the sprites not being pushed to clients.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your work on this. I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't get it working this time though. I've had the mod working in other patches and in an earlier experimental a16. I was tinkering with my window.xml file to get a larger minibike storage but I've currently got your unmodified file in there to test and I'm still not getting the hud to show up. All files are installed to ..steamapps/common/7 days to die/...

Check to see that the xui.xml file is correctly setup.

Check to see that the xui.xml file is correctly setup.

Thanks. That led me down the right path. It seems to be working now. For some reason the files were not copying properly although windows seemed to be showing them copy over. Perhaps having a tab open with some files with Notepad++ was running some interference. I'm not sure.

Many thanks for the mod, I'm really happy. I wanted to ask you a question about hud? With colleagues with whom I play say that the selection of the box of the belt seems too clear, not the bottom but the one that is marked as active. I have been looking in code lines where I was to put it in green color and I have not found or made a mess so great that I can not even see it.

If you can tell me which box is I would appreciate it very much.

Many for the updates so fast you do and for your time.

Many thanks for the mod, I'm really happy. I wanted to ask you a question about hud? With colleagues with whom I play say that the selection of the box of the belt seems too clear, not the bottom but the one that is marked as active. I have been looking in code lines where I was to put it in green color and I have not found or made a mess so great that I can not even see it.

If you can tell me which box is I would appreciate it very much.

Many for the updates so fast you do and for your time.

Sure, I can help with that.

If you've made a mess of things I would advice you to verify the integrity of the game files to reset the game to standard and then reinstall the mod first.

Then you edit the styles.xml file and change the highlighted value from the code part below.

<style name="SMXTBItemStack">
	<style_entry name="select_color" value="[beige]" /> 
	<style_entry name="press_color" value="[limeGreen]" /> 
	<style_entry name="final_pressed_color" value="[lightGrey]" /> 
	<style_entry name="background_color" value="[mediumGrey]" /> 
	<style_entry name="highlight_color" value="[hoverColor]" /> 
	<style_entry name="holding_color" value="[[color="#ff0099"]white[/color]]" />
	<style_entry name="width" value="82" />
	<style_entry name="height" value="82" />
	<style_entry name="hover_icon_grow" value="1.5" />
	<style_entry name="on_press" value="true" />
	<style_entry name="sound_volume" value="0.75" />