SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

please help

If you have ftp access upload to the main directory in the mods folder. Or use the web interface file manager

I installed correctly to my dedicated server but my players are having red question marks when they load in... the textures aren't downloading for them for some reason, they dont want to edit their local files just use the UI when they play on my server.... This used to work on older versions. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my local and dedi server... still not working for my players.. :\ help please... I dont check here often please message me on steam @ breeece. red and black picture.thank you sirrilion

I installed correctly to my dedicated server but my players are having red question marks when they load in... the textures aren't downloading for them for some reason, they dont want to edit their local files just use the UI when they play on my server.... This used to work on older versions. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my local and dedi server... still not working for my players.. :\ help please... I dont check here often please message me on steam @ breeece. red and black picture.thank you sirrilion

Players must have the Mods folder on their system as a minimum.

this is the error They are getting

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error while downloading

*shows game path with all the failed textures and icon downloads*

for all the textures and icons...

Never had this issue in the past before. I just recently got back into 7d2d and I'd really like for me and my friends to be able to enjoy your wonderful UI But they are not all into downloading and copying stuff over just want this for when they are on my server.

this is the error They are getting

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error while downloading

*shows game path with all the failed textures and icon downloads*

for all the textures and icons...

Never had this issue in the past before. I just recently got back into 7d2d and I'd really like for me and my friends to be able to enjoy your wonderful UI But they are not all into downloading and copying stuff over just want this for when they are on my server.

All the modified and custom content that are not a part of the game are located in that Mods folder. So all the clients that want to play on a server modified with SMX must have SMX's Mods folder located in their 7DTD root folder for the mod to work for them.

This will not install the UI for them locally it will only make sure that the mod will find the assets it needs to work. There is not way around this. You can get rid of the texture problems by reprogramming the files to use online versions of the textures (links included in the files) but that will not solve the problem with sprites not being pushed by the server at this point. So health, stamina and xp will still not work.

Gotcha... But how come it used to push the files out with no problem back in earlier versions of the game? Just curious.

With A15 there were a version that did an online host of the textures but even then the issue with missing sprites if the Mods folder was not installed was present. The online host thing proved to be good but could sometimes be unstable in regards to access to the hosted assets. So with the fix of the local assets in A16 we have a better solution for hosting the custom assets.

To get the Mods folder only your clients can download and extract this to their 7DTD install folder.

DOWNLOAD nexusmods direct link

With A15 there were a version that did an online host of the textures but even then the issue with missing sprites if the Mods folder was not installed was present. The online host thing proved to be good but could sometimes be unstable in regards to access to the hosted assets. So with the fix of the local assets in A16 we have a better solution for hosting the custom assets.

To get the Mods folder only your clients can download and extract this to their 7DTD install folder.

DOWNLOAD nexusmods direct link

Thanks for your help. (y) I've been using your ui for almost a year now. love it !

There were no changes to the modded files with the release of A16.1B1 so no update of the mod is needed.

I updated the modpage over at nexusmods only to reflect that the mod works with the latest version of the game. But as I said, there are no changes.

-S

Dedicated Server - Install Help

Hello,

I have been trying to install this mod on a dedicated server and had no luck I am slightly confused as it seemed an easy task when I did it with a LAN server for testing.

I have none of the elements show up and it displays as if it is still in its original state, I have looked for an example of the file hierarchy to insure I have it installed correctly and not found anything definitive, I have also installed the mod user side with the no change in result.

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated!

Hi Sirillion,

Congratulations on an awesome mod!

I am currently messing around with making my own custom UI mod (for myself, not for distribution) and I would really like to incorporate your Enhanced Buff Frames and possibly the reworked ammo counter.

I had a look through the .xml files the other day and found (what I thought) were the correct frames and references for these sections and added them to my mod... but it didn't work.

If you don't mind (and have the time), could you please let me know which sections I need to copy / add to my project to get these to work?

Thanks very much for your assistance!

Cheers,

Grax

Hello,

I have been trying to install this mod on a dedicated server and had no luck I am slightly confused as it seemed an easy task when I did it with a LAN server for testing.

I have none of the elements show up and it displays as if it is still in its original state, I have looked for an example of the file hierarchy to insure I have it installed correctly and not found anything definitive, I have also installed the mod user side with the no change in result.

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated!

I am not sure of the process to install the mod on a DS to be honest as I've never done that myself. So I am afraid I cannot help you with that. But I am sure someone in here can answer that for you.

Hi Sirillion,

I am currently messing around with making my own custom UI mod (for myself, not for distribution) and I would really like to incorporate your Enhanced Buff Frames and possibly the reworked ammo counter.

I had a look through the .xml files the other day and found (what I thought) were the correct frames and references for these sections and added them to my mod... but it didn't work.

If you don't mind (and have the time), could you please let me know which sections I need to copy / add to my project to get these to work?

Cheers,

Grax

The reworked ammo counter is in the windows.xml and is called SMX right something (I don't have the files in front of me atm)

As for the buff frames those are clearly marked in windows.xml but you will also need a part of controls.xml which is referenced on the windows.xml code part.

I can help you better in the morning when I am back behind my computer.

The reworked ammo counter is in the windows.xml and is called SMX right something (I don't have the files in front of me atm)

As for the buff frames those are clearly marked in windows.xml but you will also need a part of controls.xml which is referenced on the windows.xml code part.

I can help you better in the morning when I am back behind my computer.

That would be great!

Thanks very much for your time :)

Hi Sirillion,

Cheers,

Grax

Good morning, I am now safely behind the keyboard and can help much better...

The code you are looking for is this from windows.xml:

<grid name="SMXAmmoCounter" pos="-177,52" rows="2" cols="1" width="168" cell_width="168" cell_height="46" repeat_content="false" side="right">
		<rect width="168" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="ActiveItem" visible="{statvisible}">
			<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" atlas="{staticonatlas|once}" sprite="{staticon}" size="70,50" pos="100,5" color="{staticoncolor}" foregroundlayer="true" />
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="-70,10" font_size="32" effect="outline" color="[white]" justify="right" text="{statcurrentwithmax}" />
		</rect>
	</grid>

It is part of the "SMXHudOther" window, not the SMX right something that I stated half asleep earlier :p But the default window that it is normally part of is called "HUDRightStatBars"

When it comes to the Enhanced buff frames that is this code from windows.xml:

<window name="SMXBuffFrame4" Controller="ActiveBuffWindow" width="320" height="325" pos="9,420">

<panel name="content" depth="0" pos="0,-40" disableautobackground="true">
		<rect height="43">
			<sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" pos="9999,9999" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />
			<sprite color="[mediumGrey]" pos="9999,9999" type="sliced" />
			<panel pos="9999,9999" height="43" disableautobackground="true">
				<button depth="4" name="pageDown" style="icon30px, press" pos="9999,9999" sprite="ui_game_symbol_arrow_left" pivot="center" sound="[paging_click]" />
				<rect depth="4" pos="9999,9999">
					<sprite name="background" pos="9999,9999" style="icon30px" color="[black]" type="sliced" />
					<label depth="5" name="pageNumber" pos="9999, 9999" width="30" height="28" text="1" font_size="26" justify="center" />
				</rect>
				<button depth="4" name="pageUp" style="icon30px, press" pos="9999,9999" sprite="ui_game_symbol_arrow_right" pivot="center" sound="[paging_click]" />
			</panel>
		</rect>

<grid name="buffs" rows="6" cols="1" pos="3,-43" cell_width="168" cell_height="26" repeat_content="true" controller="ActiveBuffList">
			<SMX_active_buff_entry2 />
		</grid>
	</panel>

</window>

But that also ties into controls.xml as you can see, and then you need this code from there:

<SMX_active_buff_entry2>
	<panel height="43" controller="ActiveBuffEntry" width="314" disableautobackground="true" visible="false">
		<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="-9999,9999" width="320" height="49" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />
		<sprite depth="0" name="background" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" height="45" width="316" pos="-9999,9999" />
		<sprite depth="2" name="Icon" sprite="{bufficon|once}" style="icon22px" pos="5,-5" />
		<label depth="2" pos="45,-5" width="280" height="30" text="{buffname|once}  [DECEA3]{buffdisplayinfo}[-]" color="[white]" font_size="22" pivot="topleft" effect="outline" />
	</panel>
</SMX_active_buff_entry2>

Hope that answers your questions...

-S

Good morning, I am now safely behind the keyboard and can help much better...

The code you are looking for is this from windows.xml:

<grid name="SMXAmmoCounter" pos="-177,52" rows="2" cols="1" width="168" cell_width="168" cell_height="46" repeat_content="false" side="right">
		<rect width="168" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="ActiveItem" visible="{statvisible}">
			<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" atlas="{staticonatlas|once}" sprite="{staticon}" size="70,50" pos="100,5" color="{staticoncolor}" foregroundlayer="true" />
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="-70,10" font_size="32" effect="outline" color="[white]" justify="right" text="{statcurrentwithmax}" />
		</rect>
	</grid>

It is part of the "SMXHudOther" window, not the SMX right something that I stated half asleep earlier :p But the default window that it is normally part of is called "HUDRightStatBars"

When it comes to the Enhanced buff frames that is this code from windows.xml:

<window name="SMXBuffFrame4" Controller="ActiveBuffWindow" width="320" height="325" pos="9,420">

<panel name="content" depth="0" pos="0,-40" disableautobackground="true">
		<rect height="43">
			<sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" pos="9999,9999" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />
			<sprite color="[mediumGrey]" pos="9999,9999" type="sliced" />
			<panel pos="9999,9999" height="43" disableautobackground="true">
				<button depth="4" name="pageDown" style="icon30px, press" pos="9999,9999" sprite="ui_game_symbol_arrow_left" pivot="center" sound="[paging_click]" />
				<rect depth="4" pos="9999,9999">
					<sprite name="background" pos="9999,9999" style="icon30px" color="[black]" type="sliced" />
					<label depth="5" name="pageNumber" pos="9999, 9999" width="30" height="28" text="1" font_size="26" justify="center" />
				</rect>
				<button depth="4" name="pageUp" style="icon30px, press" pos="9999,9999" sprite="ui_game_symbol_arrow_right" pivot="center" sound="[paging_click]" />
			</panel>
		</rect>

<grid name="buffs" rows="6" cols="1" pos="3,-43" cell_width="168" cell_height="26" repeat_content="true" controller="ActiveBuffList">
			<SMX_active_buff_entry2 />
		</grid>
	</panel>

</window>

But that also ties into controls.xml as you can see, and then you need this code from there:

<SMX_active_buff_entry2>
	<panel height="43" controller="ActiveBuffEntry" width="314" disableautobackground="true" visible="false">
		<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="-9999,9999" width="320" height="49" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />
		<sprite depth="0" name="background" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" height="45" width="316" pos="-9999,9999" />
		<sprite depth="2" name="Icon" sprite="{bufficon|once}" style="icon22px" pos="5,-5" />
		<label depth="2" pos="45,-5" width="280" height="30" text="{buffname|once}  [DECEA3]{buffdisplayinfo}[-]" color="[white]" font_size="22" pivot="topleft" effect="outline" />
	</panel>
</SMX_active_buff_entry2>

Hope that answers your questions...

-S

Thankyou so much for this Sirillion.

I will test it as soon as I get home from work.

Cheers,

Grax

• 2 weeks later...

Problemas de linea negra.

wksfx0.jpg

Greetings survivalist...

In the zombie apocalypse there are many things that require our attention, the fields need tilling, resources must be gathered, towers of impending doom must be built and of course zombie heads must be bashed in with whichever weapon your heart desires.

SMX aims to be helpful with bringing you as much information as possible about your well being and the world around you without getting in the way of your zombie slaying, gathering or building of amazing fortresses.

o7m0wi.jpg

• Pure XML mod.
  • EAC friendly.
  • Dedicated Server friendly.
  • Custom textures and sprites.
  • Easily merged with other mods.
  • Swappable frames.
  • Alpha 16e ready.

33wbn7r.jpg

• Bottom Left - Reworked Unit Frame with custom textures. (S)
  • Bottom Left - Reworked and enhanced Buff Frame with names and timers. (S)
  • Bottom Center - Heavily reworked Tool belt with custom textures and increased slot size and reduced durability bar thickness. (S)
  • Bottom Center - Numbers under the Tool belt in a light grey color to make it as discreet as possible.
  • Bottom Right - Reworked Ammo Counter with custom texture and increased font and icon size.
  • Top Right - Heavily reworked Quest Tracker with custom texture and reduced icon and font size.
  • Top Center - Reworked compass with custom textures and directional indicator. (S)
  • Top Left - Custom Level/XP Display with circular XP bar and Day/Time display. (S)
  • Bottom Left - Custom information HUD with Elevation, Map Temp and Feels Like Temp indicators. (S)

(
S
) - Indicates a SWAPPABLE frame.

(
OPTIONAL
) - SMX comes with 4 different Buff Frames out of the box.

(
OPTIONAL
) - SMX comes with VALMOD UI built in as optional swappable frames.

(To swap frames you need to edit the xui.xml file and follow the instructions inside.)

Easily merged with other mods. I've tried to write this mod in a "new" way. I've done it by creating new windows, styles and controls for every frame I've reworked and added. As a result no default code has been touched and a merge with SMX should be as easy as to just copy the entire SMX section at the start of the files over to the other modded file. You might need to work a bit in the xui.xml file depending on the mod you wish to merge it with but it should still be pretty easy.

5klnic.jpg

MAIN FILE

(
) - Build for 16b138 STABLE

OPTIONAL FILES

(
) - Build for 14.8b1 (No longer updated)

(
) - Build for 15b104e (Online Version - No longer updated)

(
) - Build for 15b104e (Offline Version - No longer updated)

The difference between the A15 versions is the delivery of custom assets and the buff frames.

The Offline version comes with the enhanced buff frames turned on.

The Online version that comes with the standard buff frames turned on.

1. Download and unpack the archive.
  2. Copy the content of the archive into the 7 Days To Die installation. (\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die)
  3. Overwrite existing files if using the mod stand alone.

If you do not know where your 7 Days To Die installation folder is, right click the 7 Days To Die in the Game Browser in Steam. Select Properties, then Local Files and Browse Local Files... This should take you to the installation.

Make sure that both the Mods and Data folder get installed.

-S

Hi, good morning, I have problems with a black line that appears under the compass, I do not know how to sluit it. I hope and someone can help me, my resolution is 1366 * 768.

Posts: Sorry for my English I do not know much and use the google translator.1660097881_Capturadepantalla(1).jpg.832884fd59c8e9dee5c07697d10f3949.jpg

Hi, good morning, I have problems with a black line that appears under the compass, I do not know how to sluit it. I hope and someone can help me, my resolution is 1366 * 768.

Posts: Sorry for my English I do not know much and use the google translator.[ATTACH=CONFIG]21947[/ATTACH]

I am in Spain on holiday so I am not close to a computer so I cannot help in detail. But what you need to do is adjust the positional value for the compass texture and that will remove the line.

Is there a way to add Lat/Long somewhere in the screen? Maybe below of compass

Hi,

No there isn't. The coordinates on hud thing have, afaik, been bugged for some time and with A16 is no longer working at all. I have not spent any time trying to do this as I take the finding of other modders of this to heart.

OK, Thanks

I have actually done this for our dedicated server, its basically the exact same process.

Go to download page -> go to files -> then make sure you download "smx161b1r01 ZIP", not client side.

once downloaded and unzipped you should have a file hierarchy as follows:

Data
Data\Config
Data\Config\XUi
Data\Config\XUi\controls.xml
Data\Config\XUi\styles.xml
Data\Config\XUi\windows.xml
Data\Config\xui.xml
Mods
Mods\SMX
Mods\SMX\ItemIcons
Mods\SMX\ItemIcons\smxcurrencyicon.png
Mods\SMX\ItemIcons\smxtb1select.png
Mods\SMX\ItemIcons\smxtb1select2.png
Mods\SMX\ItemIcons\smxuf1extra.png
Mods\SMX\ItemIcons\smxuf1health.png
Mods\SMX\ItemIcons\smxuf1stamina.png
Mods\SMX\ItemIcons\smxxp1bar.png
Mods\SMX\ItemIcons\smxxp1bg.png
Mods\SMX\ItemIcons\smxxp1fg.png
Mods\SMX\ItemIcons\vmoufahealth.png
Mods\SMX\ItemIcons\vmoufastamina.png
Mods\SMX\ItemIcons\vmoxpabar.png
Mods\SMX\ItemIcons\vmoxpafg.png
Mods\SMX\ModInfo.xml
Mods\SMX\Textures
Mods\SMX\Textures\Compass
Mods\SMX\Textures\Compass\compass.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\Compass\compassbg.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\Compass\indicator.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\Compass\indicator2VALMOD.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc
Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\hudotherbg.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\inventorybg.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\smxenhancedlogo.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\smxmainmenu.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\valmodhat.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\QuestTracker
Mods\SMX\Textures\QuestTracker\questsbg.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\Toolbelt
Mods\SMX\Textures\Toolbelt\toolbeltbg.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\Toolbelt\toolbeltslot.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\Toolbelt\valtoolbelt.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames
Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\foodwaterempty.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\healthbarempty.png
Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\staminabarempty.png

Simply place into your dedicated server folder matching the data and mods folder.

IE, mine went in to E:\Steam\Common\7 Days to Die Dedicated\

In here is your exe and data and mods folder.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Archived