SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

Hi there, and thank you...

That should be as easy as to copy paste the SMX marked sections from the SMX xml's over to the Valmod xml's overwriting the already marked SMX sections in the Valmod xml's. You also need to copy the SMX mods folder from the SMX install over to the Valmod install if you are running with different install directories.

This should give you the SMX2 design if you had that installed in the install you copied this from. I would however advice you to copy the files based on the Valmod design file on Nexusmods and rather activate the SMX2 design from that one manually so that you also get the new Valmod design graphics I added last version for the full experience.

Thank you very much! :)

I was made aware that the bigbag part of the mod was not working as intended ... and I seem to have forgotten to add one of the modded files in the archive ... so much for juggling several versions of the mod! ... Oh well, I am only human! The archive is now fixed(I HOPE) and has been re-uploaded.

Please inform me if it is still being a pain in the butt!

-S

Question for you Sirillion -

Some testing with my dedicated server brought to my attention that, if I install this on the server, then clients that connect that don't have this mod will get weird texture glitches on their UI.

Now, I don't mind not installing it on the dedicated box (though I hope one day the push to client feature will be fixed) - my question is, would it cause any issues to keep it installed locally (for my single player worlds) if I also connect to my server without the server having it?

Question for you Sirillion -

Some testing with my dedicated server brought to my attention that, if I install this on the server, then clients that connect that don't have this mod will get weird texture glitches on their UI.

Now, I don't mind not installing it on the dedicated box (though I hope one day the push to client feature will be fixed) - my question is, would it cause any issues to keep it installed locally (for my single player worlds) if I also connect to my server without the server having it?

Hi,

Yes it is correct that having this installed on a DS will require all the connecting clients to download and install assets.

The simplest way is to have the Client Side Asset Pack installed on their end to enjoy the full extent of the mod. They can also install the entire mod if they would like to run with it locally as well but the Client Side Asset Pack will be the bare minimum. The CSA Pack will NOT install the mod locally but it will install the assets they need to use the one on the server.

And also, yes ... you can install it locally and it will not interfere with mods that are on other servers.

-S

Hi,

Yes it is correct that having this installed on a DS will require all the connecting clients to download and install assets.

The simplest way is to have the Client Side Asset Pack installed on their end to enjoy the full extent of the mod. They can also install the entire mod if they would like to run with it locally as well but the Client Side Asset Pack will be the bare minimum. The CSA Pack will NOT install the mod locally but it will install the assets they need to use the one on the server.

And also, yes ... you can install it locally and it will not interfere with mods that are on other servers.

-S

Awesome! Thank you sir!

Hmm, your big backpack don't include separate dll for dedicated servers.

Is it ok just to use stallionsden's 75 slot dll's both in server and client with your xml's?

And can bigger backpack be installed in allready ongoing game or does it need new player profiles?

Bytheway, been using this ui since i think first release in my server with friends, can't give you enought thanks for this awesome work!

Hmm, your big backpack don't include separate dll for dedicated servers.

Is it ok just to use stallionsden's 75 slot dll's both in server and client with your xml's?

And can bigger backpack be installed in allready ongoing game or does it need new player profiles?

Bytheway, been using this ui since i think first release in my server with friends, can't give you enought thanks for this awesome work!

It does actually, I just made the mistake of adding the stock .dll as my standard. If you extract the A16.3B12 one and overwrite the standard file it should work for you. Thank you for making me aware of this, I've fixed the issue and re-uploaded the archive.

I have successfully added the backpack to my own saves and they worked but I haven't tested this extensively. Nor have I created new profiles when using it. So I guess that should be a yes on both accounts but as this is a game file mod you are using this at your own risk. Always backup the saves before using such mods.

Thank you, I am glad you enjoy it :)

I'm having a small problem I hope you can help me with. I am trying to expand the size of the minibike storage which I have done but when trying to change the cell size I get this weird pattern and the actual size of item box is not changed. As you can see from the photo the underlying box the item sits in is still 75x75 but the grid overlay is 50x50. I'm missing something somewhere. Help?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22515[/ATTACH]

I'm having a small problem I hope you can help me with. I am trying to expand the size of the minibike storage which I have done but when trying to change the cell size I get this weird pattern and the actual size of item box is not changed. As you can see from the photo the underlying box the item sits in is still 75x75 but the grid overlay is 50x50. I'm missing something somewhere. Help?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22515[/ATTACH]

As you can see from the code for the minibike storage there is a reference to controls.xml and that is where the magic happens. Try editing the code in the following way and see if that makes a difference for you...

CHANGE:

<grid depth="2" name="inventory" rows="6" cols="3" pos="3,-46" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true" controller="VehicleContainer">
		<[color="#FFFF00"]item_stack name="0"[/color]/>
	</grid>

INTO:
	<grid depth="2" name="inventory" rows="6" cols="3" pos="3,-46" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true" controller="VehicleContainer">
		<[color="#00FF00"]SMX_bp_item_stack name="0"[/color]/>
	</grid>

Please note that I am only presenting the change that I think you need to make it work. All the other changes that you have done will also need to be present in that code.

That code change will make use of my modified item_stack code that I made for the backpack. The only requirement is that you made the cells the same size, and I think you did. It will also change the size of the icons for you, the durability bar, the text ... it will basically fix it up ... I hope!

Edit: Let me know how that works out :)

It does actually, I just made the mistake of adding the stock .dll as my standard. If you extract the A16.3B12 one and overwrite the standard file it should work for you. Thank you for making me aware of this, I've fixed the issue and re-uploaded the archive.

I have successfully added the backpack to my own saves and they worked but I haven't tested this extensively. Nor have I created new profiles when using it. So I guess that should be a yes on both accounts but as this is a game file mod you are using this at your own risk. Always backup the saves before using such mods.

Thank you, I am glad you enjoy it :)

Well, nice that I helped, even if it was by accident ;)

But should there be two different dll's, one to install to dedi server and one to install to the client or am I missing something here?

I just tested with stallions dll's and those worked fine, and yes, it seems it can be installed to ongoing game just fine.

That's it! Perfect thank you. I spent an hour trying to figure out what was causing that. Thank you.

No problem. Glad I could help.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, nice that I helped, even if it was by accident ;)

But should there be two different dll's, one to install to dedi server and one to install to the client or am I missing something here?

I just tested with stallions dll's and those worked fine, and yes, it seems it can be installed to ongoing game just fine.

I am not sure to be honest. But since Stallion make two versions I guess there is a reason for it.

I have a new problem after using the update for valmod. can no longer access the combo table or armory table. forge, workbench and mixer are just fine.

just re-loaded valmod and everything is back to normal. must have been something in your new update,

I have a new problem after using the update for valmod. can no longer access the combo table or armory table. forge, workbench and mixer are just fine.

just re-loaded valmod and everything is back to normal. must have been something in your new update,

That is because this is not an update for Valmod, it is the Valmod UI design only. I added the design on request for those that wished to play with that design but did not want the rest of the Valmod mod.

Design wise there isn't much difference between my version and his. I have a new minibike frame and some custom graphics I added myself to the logo and main menu. Other than that they are pretty much identical.

That is because this is not an update for Valmod, it is the Valmod UI design only. I added the design on request for those that wished to play with that design but did not want the rest of the Valmod mod.

Design wise there isn't much difference between my version and his. I have a new minibike frame and some custom graphics I added myself to the logo and main menu. Other than that they are pretty much identical.

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

After changing the scale in xui.xml (scale="1.12" stackpanel_scale="1.00"), there's suddenly a thin grey line underneath the compass. Is there any way to fix this (while keeping the smaller scale)? Here's what I mean:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22572[/ATTACH]

Yes, adjust the vertical pos value for the compass background texture with a pixel or two.

That sounded easy but took some fiddling (at least for someone who has no clue!), but it's done. Thanks for the tip!

Ahh, so sorry. I somehow got the impression that you knew what you were talking about. Probably because you talked about changing the xml :D

But I am glad you got it working for you :) I am fairly happy myself now as I just managed to revert the #swaygate changes and remove the stupid new sway / bob thing they added. Pretty much made the game unplayable! But now it is much better :)

Archived