Sign in to follow this  
Sirillion

SMX - By Sirillion

I'm trying to use the sirmod xui.xml out of SGBBA16.3B12R4-22-A16-3B12R4.rar and it seems to be barfing NREs as soon as I open the bag up.

I'm on mac which complicates it all a bit, but the base SMX UI appears to be working fine so far (for anyone else on MacOS who happens to find this I did have to put most everything under the 7DaysToDie.app directory but the "Mods" folder needs to go into the parent folder so "[...omitted...]/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Mods")

As far as I can tell the only file that is in the SIRMOD rar is xui.xml and the SGBB rar "xui - sirmod+.xml" file looks like it replaces that, so I just copied that to xui.xml and got the console spam. Copying back and I get working base SMX UI. Not sure if I've missed something dumb + obvious tho...

I'm trying to use the sirmod xui.xml out of SGBBA16.3B12R4-22-A16-3B12R4.rar and it seems to be barfing NREs as soon as I open the bag up.

I'm on mac which complicates it all a bit, but the base SMX UI appears to be working fine so far (for anyone else on MacOS who happens to find this I did have to put most everything under the 7DaysToDie.app directory but the "Mods" folder needs to go into the parent folder so "[...omitted...]/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Mods")

As far as I can tell the only file that is in the SIRMOD rar is xui.xml and the SGBB rar "xui - sirmod+.xml" file looks like it replaces that, so I just copied that to xui.xml and got the console spam. Copying back and I get working base SMX UI. Not sure if I've missed something dumb + obvious tho...

So if I understand this correctly you get NRE spam with using the xui sirmod.xml from the SSBG optional but not from the xui.xml in the sirmod optional download? The difference between the two are the crafting station changes and mini bike storage change.

I assume you are also using the rest of the SSBG pack?

I know next to nothing on how the game works on Mac so I hope some other Mac user in here will be able to help you.

Have you been able to use other backpack extension mods?

So if I understand this correctly you get NRE spam with using the xui sirmod.xml from the SSBG optional but not from the xui.xml in the sirmod optional download? The difference between the two are the crafting station changes and mini bike storage change.

I assume you are also using the rest of the SSBG pack?

I know next to nothing on how the game works on Mac so I hope some other Mac user in here will be able to help you.

Have you been able to use other backpack extension mods?

So what is working fine is SGBB with the default SMX xui.xml skin. I haven't tried the sirmod xui.xml without the SGBB so don't know if that fails the same way or not.

And yeah I've got the rest of the SGBB changes. I've got larger backpack, 3 slots in forges, etc all working -- it was just trying to copy "xui - sirmod+.xml" over "xui.xml" that it spammed me on the console.

I am getting spammed NRE errors when I try using the SIRMOD and SGBBA. But I get no errors when using SMX mod and SGBBA. I'm using Windows 10.

Here are the steps I followed:

I installed the SIR mod which is only 1 files in the download (XUI.XML).

I then installed the SGBBA mod.

The game will not start this way. It just hangs up on start UI

I deleted the directory and fresh installed.

I installed the SMX mod (because it seems to have the support files for the SIR mod).

I installed the SIR mod

I installed the SGBBA mod

The game will start but when I open my inventory I get the NRE spam

I deleted the game again and did a fresh install

I iinstalled the SMX mod.

I installed the SGBBA mod.

Everything works fine.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I am getting spammed NRE errors when I try using the SIRMOD and SGBBA. But I get no errors when using SMX mod and SGBBA. I'm using Windows 10.

Here are the steps I followed:

I installed the SIR mod which is only 1 files in the download (XUI.XML).

I then installed the SGBBA mod.

The game will not start this way. It just hangs up on start UI

I deleted the directory and fresh installed.

I installed the SMX mod (because it seems to have the support files for the SIR mod).

I installed the SIR mod

I installed the SGBBA mod

The game will start but when I open my inventory I get the NRE spam

I deleted the game again and did a fresh install

I iinstalled the SMX mod.

I installed the SGBBA mod.

Everything works fine.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Good evening, sorry to see you are having issues.

You've found a bug actually. The Sirmod design file had suffered to an infection and had to have some antibiotics. It is all bug free now though, I hope. New versions are uploaded for both BigBag and SGBB.

Oh, and for reference...

When installing the mod the way you want it you need to do it the following way:

1. Download and install the SMX base pack.
  2. Download and install the SSBG pack.
  3. Rename the xui.xml into something else, anything...
  4. Rename xui - sirmod+.xml into xui.xml

If doing it the way I am showing here that should allow you do play with Sirmod, 72 Slot Backpack and #swaygate.

I am now crossing fingers and hoping for the best :)

-S

The mod works with A16.4 Experimental ... with the exception of the BigBag and SwayGate mod optionals. I will not update those mods until A16.4 goes into Stable.

The reduction to sway is actually very good and the #swaygate mod will now be laid to rest and will not be updated for A16.4.

Hello guys,

Has SMX mod backpack extension?

Yes,

You can find a 72 slot in the optional downloads over at our Nexus site found in the OP.

Works great, but when I try to also use bigbags I get nothing but a black screen when I launch the game for some reason.

EDIT: My bad, forgot to disable EAC

Edited by DKPminus (see edit history)

Installed the big bag mod onto my dedicated server which is running WOTW mid already. All the storage sizes have changed correctly, however I forges now bug out when I enter them. Anyone any ideas???

Installed the big bag mod onto my dedicated server which is running WOTW mid already. All the storage sizes have changed correctly, however I forges now bug out when I enter them. Anyone any ideas???

Yes, you cannot use SMX together with WotW.

WotW has own version of the bigbagmod. Use that instead.

With bigger bag, if you get killed and pick up your backpack hitting 'R' on a full backpack will cause you to lose your belt contents.

With stock, if you die with full bag and full clothing, hitting 'R' will transfer all but your belt contents to your inventory, where you can wear your clothes, then go back to the bag and hit 'R' again and pick up your belt contents. With bigger bag it goes 'poof' and belt contents are gone.

I'm sure that can be worked around simply by being more careful, but I've accidentally done that like 3 times now.

With bigger bag, if you get killed and pick up your backpack hitting 'R' on a full backpack will cause you to lose your belt contents.

With stock, if you die with full bag and full clothing, hitting 'R' will transfer all but your belt contents to your inventory, where you can wear your clothes, then go back to the bag and hit 'R' again and pick up your belt contents. With bigger bag it goes 'poof' and belt contents are gone.

I'm sure that can be worked around simply by being more careful, but I've accidentally done that like 3 times now.

Hmm, that is strange as the modification to the loot file made the backpack container big enough to hold all the items that you were carrying upon time of death. So you shouldn’t loose anything upon re acquiring it... unless you have something in the slots but then the backpack on the ground shouldn’t just pop with items still inside. If this is happening then it is a vanilla issue as I’ve changed nothing in those regards when it comes to looting.

None of the modded files were changed with the update ... with the exception of assembly-csharp.dll

So SMX and the designs should all work as with the previous version ... but if you are playing with the BB version you must go to nexusmods and download the newly released patch from there.

If you have an install with SMX and BB then just install the patch downright ... if you are to install SMX for the first time then download and install SMX pack, BigBag pack and BigBag patch. The order those are done in is very important.

I will not be home from my work rotation until 7th of November and I will get to update the mod and all the files and versions then.

-S

** EDIT ** Disregard below. I believe this was a result of not having restarted the game after replacing the csharp file. After patching and restarting, all is well. ** /EDIT **

I was on a16.3 until yesterday. I am now on a16.4 - my bigger bag is displayed but is not recognized.

Can you advise, Sirillion? BTW - thanks for the great mod! The behavior I get is that I can see the extra slots but I cannot auto-loot to them and anything placed in the bag beyond the standard 32 is deleted upon logging.

I downloaded the BB a16.4 patch and installed it, but it does not seem to have fixed the issue.

Edited by Loftus (see edit history)

I just released a update! Just got to download now!

Hmm, that is strange as the modification to the loot file made the backpack container big enough to hold all the items that you were carrying upon time of death. So you shouldn’t loose anything upon re acquiring it... unless you have something in the slots but then the backpack on the ground shouldn’t just pop with items still inside. If this is happening then it is a vanilla issue as I’ve changed nothing in those regards when it comes to looting.

The backpack container is in fact big enough to hold all the items.

The problem is that what I'm used to in stock is that I open up the backpack on the ground and hit 'R' and I get all of my items and clothes while the belt contents remain in the backpack because I have no room. Backpack doesn't go poof. Then I wear clothes to free inventory, open the backpack again, and hit 'R' and now I've got belt contents back.

What seems to go wrong is that even with the belt contents still in the backpack it goes poof with BB. So whatever the PoofCheck is in the code its doing math against the wrong thing and getting confused by the larger sized container. You'd think it would just check for the bag being empty or not, but it seems to be doing something else.

The backpack container is in fact big enough to hold all the items.

The problem is that what I'm used to in stock is that I open up the backpack on the ground and hit 'R' and I get all of my items and clothes while the belt contents remain in the backpack because I have no room. Backpack doesn't go poof. Then I wear clothes to free inventory, open the backpack again, and hit 'R' and now I've got belt contents back.

What seems to go wrong is that even with the belt contents still in the backpack it goes poof with BB. So whatever the PoofCheck is in the code its doing math against the wrong thing and getting confused by the larger sized container. You'd think it would just check for the bag being empty or not, but it seems to be doing something else.

I see, that is a vanilla issue as SMX does not touch anything in that aspect.

Sirillion, sorry my question. Any way to starvation mod migrate your mod? The Games4Kickz saying you make it him. Any way public this mod files? or this is other mod rules blocked?

Sirillion, sorry my question. Any way to starvation mod migrate your mod? The Games4Kickz saying you make it him. Any way public this mod files? or this is other mod rules blocked?

We would have to check with the Starvation crew. Making personal changes like this is ok but releasing it may not be. That said, the changes I made is not a mod it is merely a patch and as such would not work standalone. So, time will tell.

Thanks your answer. I realize this is hard coded dll mod the Games4kikz. Waiting this mod update. Thanks