SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

VPwC3d5.jpg

Greetings survivor...

In the zombie apocalypse there are many things that require your attention, the fields need tilling, resources must be gathered, towers of impending doom must be built and of course zombie heads must be bashed in with whichever weapon your heart desires.

SMX aims to be helpful with bringing you as much information as possible about your well being and the world around you without getting in the way of your zombie slaying, gathering or building of amazing fortresses.

Happy hunting!

Sirillion

fmYgaik.jpg

• Pure XML mod.
  • EAC friendly.
  • Dedicated Server friendly.
  • Custom textures and sprites.
  • Modular design.
  • Optional downloads.
  • Enhanced functionality.
  • Easily merged with other mods.

Vw49yJi.jpg

7Qo7PYo.jpg

V6vxQr9.jpg

• Bottom Left - Heavily reworked Unit Frames with custom textures and sprites. (M)
  • Bottom Left - Reworked and Enhanced Buff Frame with names and timers. (M)
  • Bottom Center - Heavily reworked Tool Belt with custom textures, sizes and durability bars. (M)
  • Bottom Center - Slot numbers under the Tool Belt in a light grey color to make it as discreet as possible.
  • Bottom Right - Reworked Ammo Counter with custom texture and increased font and icon size.
  • Top Right - Heavily reworked Quest Tracker with custom texture and reduced font and icon size.
  • Top Center - Reworked Compass with custom textures and directional indicator. (M)
  • Top Left - Custom Level/XP Display with circular XP bar and Day/Time display. (M)
  • Bottom Left - Custom information HUD with Elevation, Map Temp and Feels Like Temp indicators. (M)

(
M
) - Indicates a MODULAR frame.

SMX should be easily merged with other mods. I've tried to write this mod in a "new" way. I've done it by creating new windows, styles and controls for every frame I've reworked and added. As a result no default code has been touched and a merge with SMX should be as easy as to just copy the entire SMX section at the start of the files over to the other modded file. You might need to work a bit in the xui.xml file depending on the mod you wish to merge it with but it should still be pretty easy.

Ypqq3Ar.jpg

( Special thanks go out to Games4Kickz for making this installation video for SMX )

( Games4Kickz is using SMX for his Let's Play series. Be sure to check that out to see SMX in action! )

( DOWNLOAD )

Build for 16.3b12

( SMX is now also part of SphereII's Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die )

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download and unpack the archive.
  2. Copy the content of the archive into the 7 Days To Die installation. (\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die)
  3. Overwrite existing files if using the mod stand alone.

HOW TO LOCATE 7DtD INSTALLATION:

1. Right click 7 Days to Die in the Game Browser in Steam.
  2. Select Properties from the pop-up menu.
  3. Select the Local Files Tab.
  4. Select Browse Local Files... from the menu.

This should take you to your 7DtD installation. Make sure that both the Mods and Data folder get installed properly.

HOW TO UNINSTALL:

1. Right click 7 Days to Die in the Game Browser in Steam.
  2. Select Properties from the pop-up menu.
  3. Select the Local Files Tab.
  4. Select Verify integrity of game files... from the menu.

This should now run a small file check on the game files and revert all files back to standard.

!!! WARNING !!! ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR SAVES BEFORE INSTALLING ANY MODS !!! WARNING !!!

WHEN USING THE OTHER DESIGNS SMX MUST BE INSTALLED FIRST, THEN INSTALL THE DESIRED DESIGN

You are most welcome, but considering that this is a first draft test version and an "alternative" way to write mods please come back to me with any feedback considering errors and problems that you may experience.

I know there are some issues with multiplayer and I am working on fixing the issues at hand.

-S

nice to hear u are working on something new, hope the ds version gets ready soon, so i can implement it on my server(s), still using sirmod so far.

Edit: i miss the elevation level, for building this is good to see on the ui.

nice to hear u are working on something new, hope the ds version gets ready soon, so i can implement it on my server(s), still using sirmod so far.

Edit: i miss the elevation level, for building this is good to see on the ui.

I have been working overtime the last week but I hope to get some work done on it this weekend.

I will find a way to add the elevation back in.

-S

Just put up a new version of the mod. This version is to be considered a test version for dedicated servers.

It comes set up for DS play out of the box, those that wish to use the larger unit frames and/or improved buff frames can do so by editing the xui.xml file and following the instructions. All clients MUST have the smx folder on C: for the custom textures to work.

Remember that the improved buff frames are single player ONLY, they WILL crash your client upon DS exit.

I still have some work to do with the positioning of the status and info texts that inhabit the hud. I am not pleased with their current positions and will run some trials the coming days. Elevation and wind speed have not been implemented back into the hud yet due to this.

Please report back to me in this thread with anything you encounter during testing.

-S

Downloads in the hundreds and so little feedback. I refuse to believe that the mod is "flawless".

Remember guys that this is a test and I cannot work out the kinks if you don't tell me about it.

Please tell me your dislikes and suggestions for improvements and additions. I am especially interested to know if anyone have tried it out on their server yet and if there are any crashes or errors both client and server side.

-S

Works With Windows 7 x64 Dedicated And Windows 10 x64 Client - A14.8(b1)

Works perfectly on my Windows 7 x64 dedicated server, logging in/out from a Windows 10 x64 client. Good stuff Sirillion! :triumphant:

Will let you know anout MacOS once my buddy logs in.

...OK, he logged in and had all ??? characters for a UI. (sorry, no screenshot) I know squat about OSX, but I had him put the SMX folder in his root folder, "/" after a Google for "equivalent of C drive in OSX". Can I perhaps provide any other info for you to troubleshoot? Maybe that's the wrong path in OSX? Cheers!

Thank you,

Sadly I have very little experience with Mac but I don't think they use drive letters? I might be wrong though. If so, and if there is no way of mapping it so that a c:\smx path can exist I will have to look into making an online version of the mod.

I will look into this and try and find a fast and stable service to share the files on.

-S

All working fine here.

14.7 running on Windows 10 x64 server

2 Windows clients connecting and no problems whatsoever, no errors on logging off/disconnecting.

Now add more cool stuff! :)

What kind of cool stuff would you like to see? :-)

What kind of cool stuff would you like to see? :-)

Ummm good question, I think the only things missing from the old UI mod is height and player rank/level.

What would be REALLY cool, is an indicator that the current day is going to be a red moon night.

Also did your old mod show the mini bikes on the map, noticed today that it doesn't anymore. I thought my bike had disappeared like it used to when the bike was bugged, took me 15 minutes to find it in the long grass :)

Cheers

Thank you,

Sadly I have very little experience with Mac but I don't think they use drive letters? I might be wrong though. If so, and if there is no way of mapping it so that a c:\smx path can exist I will have to look into making an online version of the mod.

I will look into this and try and find a fast and stable service to share the files on.

-S

I was just reading up on some other mods and noticed that Valmod uses custom icons but they are placed in the 7 Days to Die game folder (client & server). Maybe that would help with your fabulous mod running on an OSX client, assuming you could place your custom textures there. No idea if that's any difference or not really as you still need a path to point to in the end.

Of course, the best solution for all mods would be for TFP to have the dedi push custom icons/textures to clients as well. Not sure if that's possible or not, but would simplify things for modders, clients & server operators.

What would be REALLY cool, is an indicator that the current day is going to be a red moon night.

I second this! After I firsted it for your old version (SIRMOD)! :playful: And to elaborate on that idea, have the bloodmoon indicator show # days until next bloodmoon perhaps.

@Devidian - The custom images will need to be on the clients computer for the mod to work in its current version. The reason for this is that the server does not push custom items like icons and textures to the client and if they are not present the UI will only show white squares with a ? mark in it. I will however make a second branch where the textures are hosted online for DS. Then the clients don't need to do anything but log on. That will also work for linux and mac users as there is no need for a local path to fetch the textures from. I only need to find a good way to host it that is reachable for all at all times as the mod itself will work as normal but there will be issues if the site is out of reach.

@pgriffith - I am currently reworking the info texts on the HUD. Things will probably move around a bit and new stuff will be added. I will add the elevation back in but I am more reserved to bring back the level and xp bar as I really don't see an immediate need for them on the HUD and I don't want it crowded.

I don't know if it is possible to add an indicator to track which day is what. I have some ideas as how to make "something" but I haven't started work on that yet.

Yeah, this version is just a test on the HUD. The optional files are not needed for that to work and as such I haven't included them. You can still use the optional files from the previous mod though. They will work perfectly fine.

@Boa_2K7 - Icons and textures are treated differently I think. I haven't worked with icons yet but I think they don't need a path to their position to work. I will look into that when I get a chance.

-S

I am happy to inform that I've redone the mod and that it now use textures hosted online. This change removes the need for local assets on c: and should fix the texture thing for mac clients.

I've tested it a bit tonight and it works perfectly.

I've also started the work on the info frame. I have decided on a design for it and I think it will look awesome when I get it finished. Bed time arrived though so I will not be able to finish it up tonight.

It will sport the level, maybe a xp bar, elevation and temps. Anything else you would like to see there?

No new version is up just yet.

Good evening all,

I've just uploaded a new test version. This time the mod no longer needs the smx folder locally on c:. This should help with clients connecting to a DS using different OS's. It will however break a single player game should you not have an internet connection going.

Several things were remade this time. Please take it for a spin and break it as much as possible and get back to me with some juicy info on what is wrong and what can be done better :)

-S

Archived