SDX 0.6.0 (April 2016)

Matite

Got it. That DedicatedServerDir really messed my mind. Functionality to build both in one go is golden in my eyes. I could even make this functionality if anyone gives source to this program.

Now i need to copy mods folder in both games and build twice and that doesnt please me.

My native language isnt english neither. Also thanks for fast help.

Well, its one hell of a job to get everything done as it is considering what's behind it... It worked in the past and will work in the future... Let's see what else Dom pull out his magic hat.

Glad I could help.

And btw, even if both paths were working, you would have to build them on both client and server, and having different mods on both is actually good, for multiple reasons I wont go in detail here.

So the other day I tried SDX for the first time and after a long process of trial and error and error with the help of some of the great people here. What I tried doing was building off of Valmars Valmod overhaul instead of vanilla. During the trial and error I realized that Valmar used up to block id 2047, hitting the number limit but not the actual limit as he only had 1500 or so blocks. I learned that his gaps corresponded with the gaps that the pimps made, presumably so when they had more blocks into the game they can fall in line with similar blocks without them having to rewrite everything. Makes sense, but sense the limit is reached when block id 2047 instead of 2048 blocks, the limit is quickly reached by modders. Sense you can't simply change the block id for something without having to go through everything else and change it, the question I have is: Is it possible to have SDX build into the block ids gaps, using the empty spaces, instead of just adding on at the end of the blocks file? It's a bit of a dirty workaround for the limit, sure, but it would also be a viable solution for those close to the 2048.

So the other day I tried SDX for the first time and after a long process of trial and error and error with the help of some of the great people here. What I tried doing was building off of Valmars Valmod overhaul instead of vanilla. During the trial and error I realized that Valmar used up to block id 2047, hitting the number limit but not the actual limit as he only had 1500 or so blocks. I learned that his gaps corresponded with the gaps that the pimps made, presumably so when they had more blocks into the game they can fall in line with similar blocks without them having to rewrite everything. Makes sense, but sense the limit is reached when block id 2047 instead of 2048 blocks, the limit is quickly reached by modders. Sense you can't simply change the block id for something without having to go through everything else and change it, the question I have is: Is it possible to have SDX build into the block ids gaps, using the empty spaces, instead of just adding on at the end of the blocks file? It's a bit of a dirty workaround for the limit, sure, but it would also be a viable solution for those close to the 2048.

Yes. You just put in the block id that is available into the sdxmod block id

you can even use <insertAfter xpath="blocks/block[@id=xxxx]">[some block information here]</insertAfter> where xxxx is the number of the last used block id to insert your block in the appropriate place in the file if you're so inclined.

I'd insert the avaliable block ID into the mod in questions .xml before building? That seems pretty simple enough if that is indeed right.

EDIT: So I went through and changed the block id in the various mod .xml and started up and still had the error with the missing bamboo because the blockmodeltreeex wasn't loading in. I did look in the blocks.xml and was happy to see that worked in getting the blocks within the limit (assuming) as the numbers never went over 2047. Then I noticed that there was a new upload today for SDX and so I removed SDX, verified my files reinstalled Valmod, reinstalled the new SDX version and then build the files with the mods selected and no error. Got the game loading up fine and getting in fine. I haven't actually played yet to make sure things are working right but when I do, I'll report back.

I'm sorry, but something just is NOT working. Nothing I do can get rid of this problem, and it's the same one. While loading a world, after thoroughly following all the instructions, I get NullReferenceExceptions and the game stops loading.

Sorry if I'm giving way too much, or too little, of the logs. Here they are:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

2016-05-04T18:56:31 55.536 INF Biomes image size w= 2048, h = 2048

SDX: LoadWithType: Data/Worlds/Navezgane/map, Texture2D

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy/Shader GroundPlane' - Pass '' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy/Shader GroundPlane' - Setting to default shader.

SDX: Trying to load sound: EnvironmentAudioMaster

SDX: LoadWithType: Prefabs/ImageEffectsPrefab, GameObject

2016-05-04T18:56:37 61.865 INF createWorld() done

2016-05-04T18:56:37 61.867 INF Loading players.xml

SDX: EntityFactoryP: prefabEntityPlayerLocal(Clone), EntityPlayerLocal

2016-05-04T18:56:37 62.147 INF Created player with id=10930

2016-05-04T18:56:37 62.154 INF PPS: setLocalPlayerEntity -> 10930

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Equipment.L () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Equipment.SetSlotItem (Int32 index, .ItemValue value, Boolean isLocal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Equipment.Apply (.Equipment eq, Boolean isLocal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlayerDataFile.ToPlayer (.EntityPlayer _player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.CH () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.StartGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.Net_ServerInitialized () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetworkCommon.StartServers (System.String _password) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NGuiWdwContinueGame.NGuiButtonOnClick (UnityEngine.Transform _t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NGuiButtonOnClickHandler.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)

UICamera:Notify(GameObject, String, Object)

UICamera:ProcessTouch(Boolean, Boolean)

UICamera:ProcessMouse()

UICamera:ProcessTouches()

UICamera:Update()

(Filename: Line: -1)

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/Stormy/ambient

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/Stormy/fogfade

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/Rainy/ambient

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/Foggy/ambient

SDX: LoadWithType: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/Default/WhispyClouds, Texture

SDX: LoadWithType: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/Default/FluffyClouds, Texture

SDX: LoadWithType: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/Default/ThickOvercastClouds, Texture

2016-05-04T18:56:44 69.126 INF ************************Weather Packages Created FROM BIOMES :D ************************

at GameManager.SaveLocalPlayerData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MasterServerAnnouncer.UpdateGameTimePlayers (UInt64 time, Int32 players) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.MH () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2016-05-04T18:57:14 98.816 INF Time: 0.62m FPS: 60.24 Heap: 414.6MB Max: 414.6MB Chunks: 0 CGO: 0 Ply: 0 Zom: 0 Ent: 0 (1) Items: 0 CO: 0

SDX: LoadWithType: Sounds/Misc/buttonclick, AudioClip

SDX: LoadWithType: Sounds/AudioSource_UI, GameObject

2016-05-04T18:57:25 110.021 INF Disconnect

2016-05-04T18:57:25 110.023 INF NET: Stopping server protocols

2016-05-04T18:57:25 110.048 INF NET: Untiy NW server stopped

2016-05-04T18:57:25 110.049 INF [steamworks.NET] NET: Server stopped

2016-05-04T18:57:25 110.050 INF [NET] ServerShutdown

2016-05-04T18:57:25 110.051 INF SaveAndCleanupWorld

2016-05-04T18:57:25 110.061 ERR Disconnecting failed:

2016-05-04T18:57:25 110.061 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at GameManager.SaveAndCleanupWorld () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.Net_ServerShutdown () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetworkCommon.StopServers () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Disconnect () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+GR.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

GR:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)

UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)

GameManager:OnApplicationQuit()

2016-05-04T18:57:26 110.315 INF Persistent GamePrefs saved

2016-05-04T18:57:26 110.316 INF Cleanup

Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 3)

Unloading 9325 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 27145.

Total: 148.641556 ms (FindLiveObjects: 7.193837 ms CreateObjectMapping: 2.062542 ms MarkObjects: 103.755531 ms DeleteObjects: 35.628845 ms)

at EntityPlayerLocal.NTH (Single , Vector3i ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.isUnderwater (Single shift) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.isUnderwater () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Entity.checkIsUnderwater () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2016-05-04T18:57:26 110.695 INF OnApplicationQuit

*EDIT*

It appears, much to my frustration and happiness, I had been testing the mod using what was apparently a corrupted save. Generating and playing OTHER existing worlds seems to work for me :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

if you already you had the problem that your icons are not displayed... maybe I have a solution for you.

I fell on that if you use multiple mods, then the proper sequence is important.

The following was with me:

Mod A had displayed icons in the folder and were

Mod B had displayed icons in the folder and were

Mod C had displayed icons in the folder and were

Mod D had no icons in the folder

Mod E had icons in the folder and were not displayed

Mod F had icons in the folder and were not displayed

Reason at Mod E and F was the Mod D

If you change the order as follows, then it works (for me it worked).

Mod A was displayed

Mod B was displayed

Mod C was displayed

Mod E was displayed

Mod F was displayed

Mod D

Maybe that helps even someone.

Hey guys,

if you already you had the problem that your icons are not displayed... maybe I have a solution for you.

I fell on that if you use multiple mods, then the proper sequence is important.

The following was with me:

Mod A had displayed icons in the folder and were

Mod B had displayed icons in the folder and were

Mod C had displayed icons in the folder and were

Mod D had no icons in the folder

Mod E had icons in the folder and were not displayed

Mod F had icons in the folder and were not displayed

Reason at Mod E and F was the Mod D

If you change the order as follows, then it works (for me it worked).

Mod A was displayed

Mod B was displayed

Mod C was displayed

Mod E was displayed

Mod F was displayed

Mod D

Maybe that helps even someone.

I am wondering if you just put all the icons into the first sdx mod from every sdx mod you have if that work as well. Havent tried it as yet lol

Had the same problems as the users Marc and Ringkeeper. See Post #16 and Post #142.

As a workaround for these problems do the following:

Leave the checkmark at "Skip Deobfuscation" unchecked at your very first build (Step 5 in ReadMe.txt). This triggers the creation of the backup and should fix all "System.IO.FileNotFoundException" and "System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException".

If you get a "System.UnauthorizedAccessException", you may just create the backup manually. Copy the file "Assembly-CSharp.dll" from "GameDir\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed" to "SDX_0.6.0\Backup\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed". And copy the directory "GameDir\Data\Config" to "SDX_0.6.0\Backup\Data\Config".

Now start using your mods!

PS: I've sent a pn to Pacco with information how to fix these problems.

Got it. That DedicatedServerDir really messed my mind. Functionality to build both in one go is golden in my eyes. I could even make this functionality if anyone gives source to this program.

Now i need to copy mods folder in both games and build twice and that doesnt please me.

My native language isnt english neither. Also thanks for fast help.

Completely agree with your sentiment. SDX is unusable until it is built to accommodate the dedi without changing the directory structure. I, like you, could easily fix this with some source... I'm a senior engineer with two decades of experience behind me... but as far as I know it's not an open source project.

Can I use sdx with a lan-line or a multiplayer? because my nephew plays with me on my mp world. if not how do I set it up on a dedicated server that I'm running on my pc?

Thank in advance.

Look in the sdx tutorial in the sticky section all tuts etc are in there

I'm trying to put this on my dedicated server, I got it to pick up the mods but the first build I do I get this

what can I do to fix it thanks?

Load SDXSettings from: Z:\Desktop\SDX_0.6.0\Settings.ini

EVENT: Begin task: Backup files

EVENT: Begin task: Import UnityEngine.dll

INFO: File already exists

EVENT: Begin task: Deobfuscate Assembly Strings

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'Z:\Desktop\SDX_0.6.0\Backup\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll'.

File name: 'Z:\Desktop\SDX_0.6.0\Backup\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll'

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)

at StringDecoderWorker..ctor(String assemblyPath, String outputPath)

at SDX.Compiler.DeobfStringsTask.Execute(SDXCompiler compiler)

at SDX.Compiler.SDXCompiler.Compile(SDXCompilerSettings settings)

at SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

• 2 weeks later...

After installation there are some folders like: SDX BlockModelTree Ex; SDX EnttyClass, but it does not show the SDXcore but a called unnamed, and clicking anywhere on the aplicatico it crashes.

This is the error report:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.SharedRow(Int32 rowIndex)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)

at SDXFrontEnd.FrmMain.dgvMods_CellMouseDown(Object sender, DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellMouseDown(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

FrontEnd

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/mb/Desktop/7DTD%20Backups/MODs/SDX_0.6.0_Package/SDX_0.6.0/FrontEnd.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.6.1081.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

SDX.Sync

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/mb/Desktop/7DTD%20Backups/MODs/SDX_0.6.0_Package/SDX_0.6.0/SDX.Sync.DLL

SDX.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/mb/Desktop/7DTD%20Backups/MODs/SDX_0.6.0_Package/SDX_0.6.0/SDX.Core.DLL

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

All steps of the video were followed rightly.

I think you meant, clicking on the Header of the DataGrid causes this exception. I don't see why clicking "anywhere" should cause this. It is safe to just ignore this exception.

For the "Unnamed" Mod. Have a look at the folder "SDX_Core" inside your gamefolder\SDXMods. There should be another folder called "SDX_Core" ... a bit of inception. ;) Just copy "Scripts" and "mod.xml" to gamefolder\SDXMods\SDX_Core and start SDX. Now you should see "SDX Core" instead of "Unnamed" in your list (DataGrid).

@Pacco / Domonix / programmer in charge:

DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs will give a -1 for RowIndex, if you click on the Header. Maybe a check for "RowIndex > -1" would solve this. :)

For the "Unnamed" Mod. Have a look at the folder "SDX_Core" inside your gamefolder\SDXMods. There should be another folder called "SDX_Core" ... a bit of inception. ;) Just copy "Scripts" and "mod.xml" to gamefolder\SDXMods\SDX_Core and start SDX. Now you should see "SDX Core" instead of "Unnamed" in your list (DataGrid).

There was a SDX_Core folder inside the folder SDX_Core put the files in a single folder and I remade the building and now the unnamed folder was replaced by SDX_Core folder ... Thanks for the help!

I believe that everything is working perfectly.

I take this opportunity to to ask another question: I searched but did not find istruçُes of using SDX on dedicated servers, have a home server to use with friends on a local network. How do I install the SDX this server? The my friends have installed the SDX and now need to do the same on the server.

It is very complicated to incorporate normal MODs, XMLs in SDX MODs?

Is there a tutorial?

For example, a MOD existende as the UI, as it turns into SDX ??

I am very excited about the possibilities, but I confess not have much programming experience, but would like to learn more!

Thanks!

I found a list of tutorials in:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?41494-Sdx-Tutorials&p=434880#post434880

Great!

But still accept help! =)

I saw a question posted the other day asking how to mod the Xui folder, I hadn't tested it then so didn't reply and now I cant find what thread it was in. Anyway here's the answer.

<config name="XUi/windows">
	<append xpath="/windows">
		New windows code here
	</append>
</config>

And an example on how to remove a window

<config name="XUi/windows">
	<remove xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowForgeInput']" />
</config>

Archived