SDX 0.6.0 (April 2016)

Matite

Well 15 has been out for awhile.. the developer of this tool has made no comment so probably trusting to say.. its a dead tool

Absolutely untrue.

Domonix is definitely making progress, and the update will be a rather large one, with the end goal of opening up the Unity patching system to avoid future delays where he's not able to get to it himself.

But I do believe he's gotten busy in real life at the moment. I'm sure once that settles down, a release will eventually be made.

Well 15 has been out for awhile.. the developer of this tool has made no comment so probably trusting to say.. its a dead tool

maybe get facts right first before posting. do you understand the process of updating such a brilliant tool. do you know Doms rl if he is busy or he is fully working on. no you just easily post rubbish. patience is a virtue learn it. it be when it is done and ready as MM says to.

maybe get facts right first before posting. do you understand the process of updating such a brilliant tool. do you know Doms rl if he is busy or he is fully working on. no you just easily post rubbish. patience is a virtue learn it. it be when it is done and ready as MM says to.

now that you had your 3 seconds of fame.

I never stated once these were facts.. it was an opinion and looking back at some of your forums posts seems like you know what that means. I personally it takes him 10 years to complete it. I just saw where others have been posting for updates and such. I dont even use the tool myself. There are other ways to mod the files without it. The game is Unity Made its not hard to inject your own models with animations. We have been doing it for over a year without any software.

Thats great hes making progress. I just know from pasts when a dev tool creator stops communicating it means they are busy with life, or whatever they are working on is dead. I am glad he is making progress.

now that you had your 3 seconds of fame.

I never stated once these were facts.. it was an opinion and looking back at some of your forums posts seems like you know what that means. I personally it takes him 10 years to complete it. I just saw where others have been posting for updates and such. I dont even use the tool myself. There are other ways to mod the files without it. The game is Unity Made its not hard to inject your own models with animations. We have been doing it for over a year without any software.

Thats great hes making progress. I just know from pasts when a dev tool creator stops communicating it means they are busy with life, or whatever they are working on is dead. I am glad he is making progress.

If ya dont use it dont comment.

What mods have you made... i have not seen 1 from you since i have owned the game since a4 and nor habe i seen you contributed positively to any thread. So obviously your dribbling rubbish. So please don't pass yourself as a modder when you havent done ♥♥♥♥.

Is that 7 seconds of fame now. Btw 12 posts asking how to do something so simple as how to call an icon in xml is pretty sad especially when your bragging of being so good at adding models etc lol.. pfft

Yes and no.

Some changes will need to be made to get SDX to build at all, right now these changes will need to be made manually in the SDXCore scripts:

public void LogToConsole(string str)
   {
       Debug.Log(str);
       if (GameManager.Instance != null)
       {
           EntityAlive entity = GameManager.Instance.World.GetLocalPlayer();
           GameManager.Instance.GameMessage(EnumGameMessages.Chat, str, entity);
       }
   }

Also, any mod using the popular method DisplayChatAreaText will need to updated to the following:

private void DisplayChatAreaText(string str, EntityAlive entity)
   {
       {
       }
   }

And all calls will need to have an entity appended to the calling line

or

private void DisplayChatAreaText(string str)
   {
       {
           EntityAlive entity = GameManager.Instance.World.GetLocalPlayer();
       }
   }

There are also some other method name changes, so doing this will NOT guarantee that your mod will build...but making the changes to the SDXCore script will get SDX to build properly.

There is still a Null Reference Error in any mod that uses sounds that will need to be worked out.

Hi Carlzilla,

I have just loaded up sdxcore.dll in NetReflector 8, to try look at your comment on what to change. I am by no means aC# programmer or script coder, but I am really keen to get some simple mods working if I can via your comment and I would say I am reasonably good at working things out to a point when given some guidance.

I would love to be able to just load the fire truck and police car blocks etc for lootable containers and your bag mod. The lootable trucks, your bag mod use the standard sound so should be ok ? If not the trucks just even getting the bag mod working would be great.

I also have read your comment about tinkering and I totally appreciated that ... But if there is some guidance on what and where if it is not to difficult, I will try as I would really like these if it is at all possible while we wait for sdx 7.0

Or would you mind sharing the basic changes you may have done to the sdxcore.dll file that you have mentioned?

Please, just wait for the update.

You're not even looking in the right place...

Really, the modifications I posted were meant for modders who have ample experience messing with SDX that do not need these sort of walk-throughs to check to see what might or might not be broken in their mods before the official A15 compatible SDX comes out, not for end-users to get SDX and mods loaded up in their games.

Please, just wait for the update.

You're not even looking in the right place...

Really, the modifications I posted were meant for modders who have ample experience messing with SDX that do not need these sort of walk-throughs to check to see what might or might not be broken in their mods before the official A15 compatible SDX comes out, not for end-users to get SDX and mods loaded up in their games.

No problem .. I thought that might be the case. No problem, thanks....

If ya dont use it dont comment.

What mods have you made... i have not seen 1 from you since i have owned the game since a4 and nor habe i seen you contributed positively to any thread. So obviously your dribbling rubbish. So please don't pass yourself as a modder when you havent done ♥♥♥♥.

Is that 7 seconds of fame now. Btw 12 posts asking how to do something so simple as how to call an icon in xml is pretty sad especially when your bragging of being so good at adding models etc lol.. pfft

ya know not even going to waste my time.. with this scrub... rather just block him and be done with it :) hes just looking to argue with someone since his wife left him.

ya know not even going to waste my time.. with this scrub... rather just block him and be done with it :) hes just looking to argue with someone since his wife left him.

I am curious how you're injecting your own models and animation, considering that the game doesn't load anything outside of it's own resource files without a 3rd party patching tool like SDX

I am curious how you're injecting your own models and animation, considering that the game doesn't load anything outside of it's own resource files without a 3rd party patching tool like SDX

Same, an explanation of this would be a great read indeed...

Injecting is easy. Using them without replacing an existing asset is whats a bit harder. But yea, in theory you can do everything, just requires a lot more work and a lot more knowleadge then using a tool like sdx that makes it sَ easy. That being said, i would prefer to keep my "relax fَrum to go" as smooth as possible, sَ please please don't let it go down that road :)

And don't worry, some of us keep in contact sَ if we say it's being worked on, it is.

I have been working night and day lately to bring to life my new mod Project Z, this is a Pure overhaul that merges the feel of Immersion that you got from fallout 3 and the world of 7 days to die with a dose of reality....this was closely achieved in spiders true survival mod and Valmod captures the fun of Game Additions , both i might add are amazing modder but i have recently come back to 7 days from a long break and am ready to bring to life the next big 7 days mod and i need help doing it .

This Mod i could achieve personally but im looking for people to help me cut the time in half so it can be released before Alpha 16

that way we can just integrate and play and the more i mod the less i play and its driving me mad. a few things i would like help with are:

#1. Classes

#2.Balancing

#3.Workstations

#4. Buffs/Debuffs

#5.Sdx installation

#6.Organizing all additions per file so that integrating into every patch will be easy and others can carry the torch when and if i ever walk away from 7 days for a period of time.

#7.I really want to get a custom prefab pack for this mod

Please if anyone has Extensive knowledge in .Xml or SDX and wants to be apart of this wonderful mod the help will be appreciated and credit will be given for all participants / also anyone with other talents like website building or Public relation/promoting skills message me in my teamspeak (AlphaDogs.Bluefang.Net) or on here.. Shout out to Valmar who has let me use his files as a Project started and who has helped me with Some important aspects of the mod already including Cracking the Custom backpack server info boxes. With or without help this mod will be created but i have seen the greatest things/mods come from great colaborations and i hope all of you great modders join me.

Mod Consists of :

New Weapons with or without sdx hopefully with hint hint Cough Cough(<---SDX Modders )

New Items

Natural spawning plants

new plants

new crafting stations

Custom prefabs /Prefab pack for this mod

New classes with each class having exclusive items and recipes but not a necessity to other classes

New Biome

Custom Ores and spawning

New Diseases/ Treatments

New Zombies

Complete Balancing Overhaul

New Quests

New lvling system (If someone can Design a good one)

Alot has been achieved already but anything can change with the help of wonderful creative Coders modders and Designers

Hope to here from you guys and ill see you in the wasteland

So this isn't working for A15 for things that add sounds, models etc. It will still work if you are using it for something that is purely XML edits? Considering using it to continue having a mod backup without having to copy everything or to just change out between several different mods quickly if so.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived